Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,232 members, 7,925,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 01:12 AM

I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours (12907 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

then where the water creatures during the flood? did they survive?

Oga, which kind kweshion be this naw? Shey flood na sand? Me think say flood na water naw.....more room of water given to them to swim....lolz
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Anony: Reading from the sidelines and laughing**

my brother, you berrer read from sideline o.....even me wey i say make i just explain small thing don start to dey get fried now, lolz grin

Delafruita:
have fun laughing at my gross inadequacies

What inadequacy are you talking about......you mean you still see yourself as being inadequate? No worry, you are trying bro.....just that you are mixing truth with error. shocked grin
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

Oga, which kind kweshion be this naw? Shey flood na sand? Me think say flood na water naw.....more room of water given to them to swim....lolz

but the bible states that 'all' things outside the ark perished...
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Chubhie: 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2012
My own concept of God is that he does not have any religion..... God didn't create religions but people because they have different points of view.

You can be philosophically or scientifically committed to the idea of the Godhead without being religiously committed.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Ohh, now I understand what you're saying. Yes, everything outside the ark perished. Are we then to say God created fishes and other water creatures again after the flood? Which the bible never recorded. What am saying is that, the content of "all" does not necessarily include fishes because fishes are created to survive in water. I can show you many places in scriptures where "all" is used but when you refer back to the original of such story, the content of "all" will be clear. See, the problem with people reading the bible to just have something to criticize is reading outside context and forgetting to check all available parameters surrounding the text.

Take for instance,

To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace. Heb. 7:2 kjv

What is the content of this "all"? You have to travel back to Gen. 14.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by MrAnony1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Please provide the bible verse you are referring to
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Please provide the bible verse you are referring to

Gen 7

21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by MrAnony1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Gen 7

21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

Thanks. I think it is clear to everyone now that those verses specify all terrestrial animals and says nothing about the fate of fish and other aquatic animals.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Gen 7

Mr Anony has just caught you in his net.......lolz. So where are fishes mentioned? Abi fishes don become "creeping" thing that creepeth upon the earth ni? I told you, you have to stay within the content of "all" mentioned in the event. Am just saying grin grin grin
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Delafruita(m): 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

Mr Anony has just caught you in his net.......lolz. So where are fishes mentioned? Abi fishes don become "creeping" thing that creepeth upon the earth ni? I told you, you have to stay within the content of "all" mentioned in the event. Am just saying grin grin grin
yolshikai
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
Chei....see drama between Mr Anony and mkmyers45. I knew where Anony was going when he said mkmyers45 should provide the scriptures.....not that he (Anony) doesn't know where the scripture is but alas, mkmyers45 was caught in the net.

grin grin grin lwkmd oooo. Anyway, make una continue with una drama.....I will brb.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by MrAnony1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
Delafruita:
yolshikai
Wetin be that?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
^^^
Me sef wan ask him ooo shocked
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by plaetton: 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Thanks. I think it is clear to everyone now that those verses specify all terrestrial animals and says nothing about the fate of fish and other aquatic animals.

And it makes perfect sense to you that a worldwide flood which lasted for 40 days or so, that destroys everything on earth, would not also kill all marine life?
The marine life was spared of god's wrath?
Na wa o
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

I did accept your explanation on all didn't i?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Anony:

double post
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

And it makes perfect sense to you that a worldwide flood which lasted for 40 days or so, that destroys everything on earth, would not also kill all marine life?
Na wa o

Plaetton what do you know about the cubit? do you its correct modern equivalents?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

Na wa o

Abeg no argue for arguing sake, lolz. cheesy

The purpose of God asking Noah to take the existing species of animals then was to "preserve seed" on the earth. Specifically living things that are ON THE EARTH. The sea was formed in Genesis 1 and filled with fishes and that is their habitation in the day God created them. If the rest of other "creeping" things perished in the flood, which is water.....will it make sense for fishes not to survive in water?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

I did accept your explanation on all didn't i?

Okay, I hear you.....You don accept. Na one-by-one will go dey dismiss all una critics grin grin grin
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Delafruita(m): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Wetin be that?
japanese for "good thinking"
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by truthislight: 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

then where the water creatures during the flood? did they survive?

Noah had a fishing troller and a fishing net that he used to catch all the fishes into the ark in two's

He then build a swimming pool in the ark to keep them alife.

Since they were in two's and cant feed on each other he then build a fish feed farm
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Plaetton what do you know about the cubit? do you its correct modern equivalents?

Go online or get a study bible. Most study bible has the equivalents in modern day. Besides, if you want me to give you the equivalent, I will request "tithe and offering" specifically from you so as to make the job faster. grin grin grin

What y' think?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by plaetton: 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

the Egyptian Cubit is about 52.3 cm

I believe the biblical cubit is about the lenght of an average fore arm from the shoulder to the middle finger.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by Goshen360(m): 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
truthislight:

Noah had a fishing troller and a fishing net that he used to catch all the fishes into the ark in two's

He then build a swimming pool in the ark to keep them alife.

Since they were in two's and cant feed on each other he then build a fish feed farm

What ! shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by MrAnony1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

Na wa o
Wow. Seriously?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by plaetton: 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

Abeg no argue for arguing sake, lolz. cheesy

The purpose of God asking Noah to take the existing species of animals then was to "preserve seed" on the earth. Specifically living things that are ON THE EARTH. The sea was formed in Genesis 1 and filled with fishes and that is there habitation in the day God created them. If the rest of other "creeping" things perished in the flood, which is water.....will it make sense for fishes not to survive in water?

So turbulence in the water for 40 straight days, enough to flood and destroy everything on all land surface on the earth, would not destabilize and destroy the marine ecosystem?
Is that what you are trying to say?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by MrAnony1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

What ! shocked shocked shocked
lol, I think he was using sarcasm
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
Goshen360:

Go online or get a study bible. Most study bible has the equivalents in modern day. Besides, if you want me to give you the equivalent, I will request "tithe and offering" specifically from you so as to make the job faster. grin grin grin

What y' think?

Ok...i don send am

Abeg answer me sharp-sharp
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by mkmyers45(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

the Egyptian Cubit is about 52.3 cm

I believe the biblical cubit is about the lenght of an average fore arm from the shoulder to the middle finger.

How many cm?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by MrAnony1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
Delafruita:
japanese for "good thinking"
Lol, ok. . . . .are you a fan of manga by any chance?
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by MrAnony1(m): 5:11pm On Aug 29, 2012
plaetton:

So turbulence in the water for 40 straight days, enough to flood and destroy everything on all land surface on the earth, would not destabilize and destroy the marine ecosystem?
Is that what you are trying to say?
Lol @Plaetton: when you are in a hole, it is usually a good idea to stop digging.
Re: I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours by plaetton: 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

How many cm?
approximately 55.8cm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How I Warned About Explosives Intercepted Enroute Nigeria – Apostle Suleiman / Hailing God In Yoruba Language. / The Man You Marry Can Make Or Break You – Mrs. Oritsejafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.