Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,583 members, 7,941,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (775682 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
olawale005: I will like to know the process involve in getting a student visa in Australia, and also there entrance exam, is it only at SA or we can write it also here in Nigeria....and if its in SA, does that mean someone will get there first or what?

have a look at this site www.immi.gov.au/
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2013
Olawale005, I guess you are confusing sending documents to Australian consulate SA for visa with writing an exam. You are not writing an exam for visa at all, but just an IELTS exam written for the sake of admission and visa, and when you want to apply for your visa, you send it SA.
@Kmontee, was it ECU that rejected you? Sometimes, those Australian schools look for projection from your undergrad to your prospective postgrad program, and if they are not convinced enough about the link between them, they might turn down the application. The only exception is to write an essay on why you have to choose that program, and if you have any work experience in that field, you should present it.
Just research about all the universities there and try to lay your hand on their course contents too, if there is, and then make your choice.
@Americanvisa, any update on your prospect?
For those writing their IELTS, success to you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
RedReact,we finally decided to go for Masters and things are working out very well,thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
ferdimako:

When I've my B.Sc documents,in October, I'll pay the cash and lodge for visa in November.I'm still weighing other visa options though.

Ok bro... Am thinking of paying the cash tomorrow ie the 1st semester fees + OSHC. I will get you updated....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chubi4show:

Ok bro... Am thinking of paying the cash tomorrow ie the 1st semester fees + OSHC. I will get you updated....

Okay...I believe ECU should be cool for us.Keep me up to speed,bro.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
RedReact: ECU is a good school, better than Ballarat, and it is located is a less dense area.
As per the cost of living, Perth is somehow expensive though, but the cost of living is relative.

Thanks for your contribution bro. I appreciate.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
ferdimako:

This is nice...Chubi4show, pls make your decision.It looks like ECU will carry us all.

I have already done that. I will go for ECU.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah,on 21 Sep. I am not ignoring anything, I actually printed off the pages at ieltsbuddy.com and bound them. I hope I will conquer British Council this time.

I believe ECU should take you. The curricula are updated, I'll love it there! Besides, they're already treating me like a king.

Sorry on the denial...was it from ECU?

Godspeed on your GT IELTS, Yes it was ECU dat denied me but i reapplied to Msc in Comp. Science unlike before i tried to venture into Management Information Systems, lemme see hw this one would go. Any oda school suggestion for Msc in Computer Science?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
@RedReact:Thanks bro! it seems they aint seeing linkage from Computer science to Information technology or information systems based on undergraduate courses i did so i now ive decided to go for Msc computer science. no job experience though, cos i just finished my nysc end of last year. any more advise??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
^^^
Make sure the course is up to 2 years; it is a MUST.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
kmontee:

Godspeed on your GT IELTS, Yes it was ECU dat denied me but i reapplied to Msc in Comp. Science unlike before i tried to venture into Management Information Systems, lemme see hw this one would go. Any oda school suggestion for Msc in Computer Science?

Okay.You'll get a slot.Chubi and I have secured two already.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
Billionaire001:

Yes....l actually stay in a backpacker for two days and sorted out accomodation...its always better to be on ground to sort accomodation...

This guy is in ECU but not in Perth Campus.Mr Billionaire, pls update us on what you've seen and done.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ferdimako !!! ,ECU herald.

I'm through with IELTS today o. But the reading tough die. Lol. Anyway,waiting for d result on d 11th sept, fasting and prayer don start. (LMAO).
@all, Thanks for ur encouragement and the push to go ahead.

Hoping for d best so as to forge ahead with plans.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
UBKtech: @manmeta, jennykandry etc
Plz house, I went to book my flight to Melbourne today and my agent was advising that I book a return ticket but I could not understand why I have to buy a return ticket when am going there on a PR visa.

Has anyone been in similar situation before?? Did you have to buy return ticket when you are going on PR?? Should I go ahead and book my one way??

As Jenny said, one-way ticket is obtainable. Use the airline. I did everything online on the airline's website. I only went to the airline's office to clarify something.

Rule of thumb: Try to do things first yourself before approaching agents. You'll find out most of the time that you don't need them.

All the best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
posdream: Ferdimako !!! ,ECU herald.

I'm through with IELTS today o. But the reading tough die. Lol. Anyway,waiting for d result on d 11th sept, fasting and prayer don start. (LMAO).

Lwkmd I tld u d readin z quite challengin d lengthy comprehension passages r somtin else al d same jst remain positive,my own result wil b out 2moro 30th I jst cnt wait...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2013
zoe iyke:
Lwkmd I tld u d readin z quite challengin d lengthy comprehension passages r somtin else al d same jst remain positive,my own result wil b out 2moro 30th I jst cnt wait...

Very challenging. But don't worry. The horse is
prepared for the day of battle, but deliverance is of the
Lord. We shall succeed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:47am On Aug 30, 2013
Goodmorning guyz.. Please I want to know, Are nigerian graduates applying for msc not excluded from writing IELTS or TOEFL?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 7:57am On Aug 30, 2013
^^^
No, they are not.
@posdream, I knew that the reading section might be the challenging part amongst them, but no worry, you are scoring high.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2013
Kingzy4pep: Goodmorning guyz.. Please I want to know, Are nigerian graduates applying for msc not excluded from writing IELTS or TOEFL?
No they are not excluded... Even those applying 4 PR are not excluded. I av an offer 4 MSC and I wrote it (IELTS).
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Kingzy4pep(m): 8:40am On Aug 30, 2013
Thanks guys.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2013
Ehn, people have been asking me questions here and I was busy fighting unimportant Nigerians on another thread cheesy. Make una no vex. I'm mobile will reply when I get home.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2013
Empress Jenny, keep fighting o, more energy to your muscle but make sure you bring back the trophy. grin grin grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2013
jennykadry: Ehn, people have been asking me questions here and I was busy fighting unimportant Nigerians on another thread cheesy. Make una no vex. I'm mobile will reply when I get home.
Plss tak it easy oo,dt reminds mi a friend of mine has been askin mi if she wil b eligible for a graduate visa upon completin a 1 or 1.5 yrs masters program in OZ nd later a PR, bt I havnt bin able 2 giv a her definite answer on this issue plz can u help out....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2013
posdream: Ferdimako !!! ,ECU herald.

I don't think yours is for PR...so 6.0 all bands should do. My school didn't even ask for any English test but You know I gave them some other things.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2013
zoe iyke:
Plss tak it easy oo,dt reminds mi a friend of mine has been askin mi if she wil b eligible for a graduate visa upon completin a 1 or 1.5 yrs masters program in OZ nd later a PR, bt I havnt bin able 2 giv a her definite answer on this issue plz can u help out....
The answer is no, but she can get a PR if she can get job immediately after graduation, and then after that file for the PR.
@Jenny, I wanted to put sponsorship thing there, but escaped my mind. Including the added infp you put again.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 30, 2013
^^^she still cannot get a PR if she gets the job. The company must be willing to sponsor you. For a company to give you a job they need your visa details and if you have only a month left they won't give you the job except they want to sponsor you. For them to sponsor you, you need to get off the student visa first......it's a long process.

Filing for PR after getting job is only for those who studied for a minimum of 2 years. There are still some points to make....the reason why I suggested studying in regional area as that gives you a good point towards PR
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 11:36am On Aug 30, 2013
RedReact: ^^^
No, they are not.
@posdream, I knew that the reading section might be the challenging part amongst them, but no worry, you are scoring high.

Amen sir. Thnx.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2013
hey JennyK! you are welcome back Ma! how would we have known you traveled for august meeting vacation lipsrsealed wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2013
jennykadry: ^^^she still cannot get a PR if she gets the job. The company must be willing to sponsor you. For a company to give you a job they need your visa details and if you have only a month left they won't give you the job except they want to sponsor you. For them to sponsor you, you need to get off the student visa first......it's a long process.

Filing for PR after getting job is only for those who studied for a minimum of 2 years. There are still some points to make....the reason why I suggested studying in regional area as that gives you a good point towards PR
Am glad to hear this,nagode @ redreact.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by snowburn: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
@ manmeta
i have applied for assessment with VETASSESS, waiting for their response
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
ECU is a very good school. I also did a few months course there but at the Joondalup campus
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
Chubi4show: Good day my e-family and friends. Sorry for the prolonged silence. I was only taking my time to fix things.

I have been given an offer in ECU for february 2014 but yet to accept because I'm still expecting frm UB and Newcastle. Pls who is going to Perth?

@ Anuty Jeny how is Perth? Cost of living et al?
Cost of living in Australia is generally expensive. My advise to students coming is to look for a shared Accomodation even if it is one room. It's much cheaper that way

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (401)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.