Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,137 members, 7,970,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:08 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (779536 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: Thanks. I got the offer from ETI this afternoon. And yes, i saw the option of paying through bank draft. But, I want to know if paying through bank draft is ok or is there a better option?
The best option is either to pay by Telegraphic transfer or Credit card.. Its easier and more flexible.. Take the payment option page to the bank..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: Thanks. I got the offer from ETI this afternoon. And yes, i saw the option of paying through bank draft. But, I want to know if paying through bank draft is ok or is there a better option?
The best option is either to pay by Telegraphic transfer or Credit card.. Its easier and more flexible.. Take the payment option page to the bank.. And ask the to do TT for you if you can't pay with Credit card..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
People that applied for masters, did you scan original documents including transcript and upload them or did you scan the certified copies? Curtains accepted my scanned original copies, I want to know about other schools...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
lawland: The best option is either to pay by Telegraphic transfer or Credit card.. Its easier and more flexible.. Take the payment option page to the bank.. And ask the to do TT for you if you can't pay with Credit card..

Sound advice, bank draft will not be better than tt or credit card, because the draft will have to be in australian and most probably they will insist it has to be drawn on australian bank. also you will have to courier the draft to them.

Card payment is always the bezt method cos it saves you the hasslez of changing to australian dollar and having australian dollar denominated domiciliary account. it is also cheaper than draft or tt.

so go with card, my 2cents
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 7:02am On Sep 28, 2013
lawland: People that applied for masters, did you scan original documents including transcript and upload them or did you scan the certified copies? Curtains accepted my scanned original copies, I want to know about other schools...

Scanned certified copies of original docs to schools and they accepted it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:42am On Sep 28, 2013
kmontee:

Scanned certified copies of original docs to schools and they accepted it.
Which school is that? Does it mean they won't accept scanned originals? My guy has scanned originals in his system, he wants to know if he is to upload that or certify the copies, scan and upload them... I am just in dilemma since I applied for my Ad. Dip and PGD with scanned originals and got offers...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 8:59am On Sep 28, 2013
UBKtech:

Sound advice, bank draft will not be better than tt or credit card, because the draft will have to be in australian and most probably they will insist it has to be drawn on australian bank. also you will have to courier the draft to them.

Card payment is always the bezt method cos it saves you the hasslez of changing to australian dollar and having australian dollar denominated domiciliary account. it is also cheaper than draft or tt.

so go with card, my 2cents
thanks @ lawland and UBKtech
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 9:29am On Sep 28, 2013
lawland: Which school is that? Does it mean they won't accept scanned originals? My guy has scanned originals in his system, he wants to know if he is to upload that or certify the copies, scan and upload them... I am just in dilemma since I applied for my Ad. Dip and PGD with scanned originals and got offers...

schools hav different rules shaa but some insist on certifed copies while others can give u conditional offer pending receiving certified copies either by post or scanned.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaystunna(m): 9:44am On Sep 28, 2013
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by b03liberty(m): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
lawland: I paid $585 to the VFS... They accept it in dollars only.. They don't accept $1 and they don't accept any date below 2006..
... Thanks bro for your great inputs. Is this fees refundable?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
b03liberty: ... Thanks bro for your great inputs. Is this fees refundable?
Visa application fees are generally not refundable even if you are refused visa but school fees are refundable if you are not granted a visa...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
lawland: Visa application fees are generally not refundable even if you are refused visa but school fees are refundable if you are not granted a visa...

the visa fee you are talking about, is d 585$ in australian dollars or american dollars? so we have have to pay the fee at VFS together with their courier fee which is around 38,800. Secondly, how is the hap id for medicals gotten?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
kmontee:

the visa fee you are talking about, is d 585$ in australian dollars or american dollars? so we have have to pay the fee at VFS together with their courier fee which is around 38,800. Secondly, how is the hap id for medicals gotten?
The visa fee is 585usd and yes you will still pay VFS 38,800 for their courier service. You can get the HAP ID by filling out the health declaration form in the DIAC website.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2013
lawland: The visa fee is 585usd and yes you will still pay VFS 38,800 for their courier service. You can get the HAP ID by filling out the health declaration form in the DIAC website.
please, what's HAP ID? Tanx for the anticipated reply
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
Hello everyone.am 26years old and I want to apply for undergrad in australia.I have my OND. Will the age not hinder my getting the visa? I also is it possible for someone to survive after paying for first year and wants to work and pay for second year? Pls I need answer urgently.tnks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: please, what's HAP ID? Tanx for the anticipated reply
HAP ID is a personal identifier, the clinic will need the ID to see and send your medical record to HOC. After filling the health declaration, you will be given a referral letter which contains your HAP ID, you will take the referral letter to the clinic for your medicals.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by munachi4christ: 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2013
How can i get any private contact of any one staying in oz. Pls treat as urgent ok on my email , will be coming soon
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2013
abnice2004: Hello everyone.am 26years old and I want to apply for undergrad in australia.I have my OND. Will the age not hinder my getting the visa? I also is it possible for someone to survive after paying for first year and wants to work and pay for second year? Pls I need answer urgently.tnks
Your age is no problem as far as you are under 50 yrs... As for paying for your fees, it depends on your individual circumstances and whether you are going for a degree or TAFE courses.. I will leave this to Jennykadry to answer.. Just pray she comes around...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
munachi4christ: How can i get any private contact of any one staying in oz. Pls treat as urgent ok on my email , will be coming soon
On study visa or Skillselect? What kind of visa do you have?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
Lawland, were you contacted to go for medical or you submitted with medical?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
@lawland kindly list the financial documents you attached to your application please. just to be sure of the documents, i will request from my sponsor
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 11:54pm On Sep 28, 2013
Americanvisa: Lawland, were you contacted to go for medical or you submitted with medical?
I submitted with medicals...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 11:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
kmontee: @lawland kindly list the financial documents you attached to your application please. just to be sure of the documents, i will request from my sponsor
It depends on what your sponsor does, I haven't been granted visa remember? So using same document I used won't guarantee you success.. Tell me what your sponsor does and I will try and tell you documents to include...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 7:04am On Sep 29, 2013
lawland: It depends on what your sponsor does, I haven't been granted visa remember? So using same document I used won't guarantee you success.. Tell me what your sponsor does and I will try and tell you documents to include...

have two sponsors, one is a businessman and the other a civil servant. so you mean you submitted your medicals together with your application, wow!! also regarding showing an evidence that will you will return back to Nigeria after studies, how did you deal with that one. I'm on the verge of preparing everything so i need guidance.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 7:15am On Sep 29, 2013
@ lawland
the checklist u submitted along with your application, was it the one sent to you by VFS or the checklist on DIAC site and the $585.was it the amount you wrote on the last page of the form as visa charge or did you convert it to AUD?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:18am On Sep 29, 2013
kmontee:

have two sponsors, one is a businessman and the other a civil servant. so you mean you submitted your medicals together with your application, wow!! also regarding showing an evidence that will you will return back to Nigeria after studies, how did you deal with that one. I'm on the verge of preparing everything so i need guidance.
It depends on who has the larger money. Is the businessman sponsoring you with business acct? If yes, ask him for his business statement or tax clearance in addition to his statement of acct.. That's if he is the principle sponsor. But if the civil servant is the principle sponsor, you must ask him for his payslips in addition to his statement of acct. Regarding evidence of home ties, it was a lil bit easier for me cos I am studying engineering in oil and gas, you know Nigeria has better opportunities than Australia when it comes to oil and gas. And again, I included my NYSC deferral letter to my app.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:24am On Sep 29, 2013
mimi1147: @ lawland
the checklist u submitted along with your application, was it the one sent to you by VFS or the checklist on DIAC site and the $585.was it the amount you wrote on the last page of the form as visa charge or did you convert it to AUD?
. If you are submitting through VFS, you must include the signed checklist from their website. You must write 535aud.. That's the visa charge.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 7:29am On Sep 29, 2013
lawland: . If you are submitting through VFS, you must include the signed checklist from their website. You must write 535aud.. That's the visa charge.
VFS website or DIAC?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:32am On Sep 29, 2013
mimi1147:
VFS website or DIAC?
Thought I said their website? Yes, VFS website... The one from pretoria. When do you plan submitting?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2013
lawland: Thought I said their website? Yes, VFS website... The one from pretoria. When do you plan submitting?
thanks
have one more question though
on the form, we're asked how can we access our funds,is it through bank transfer or master card that you write? i'm a bit lost there
i'm applying soon
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 8:08am On Sep 29, 2013
mimi1147:
thanks
have one more question though
on the form, we're asked how can we access our funds,is it through bank transfer or master card that you write? i'm a bit lost there
i'm applying soon
Since you are not the one sponsoring yourself, I think it will be more convincing to state telegraphic transfers or as you said bank transfers.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by seconwaobyno: 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
pls I have some questions that would help me and some other pls here. 1, is church acceptable for sponsorship? 2, how much is suppose to be in sponsores account ? 3, do I need to have my OND and HND transcript as I want to do my PGD

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.