Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,616 members, 7,941,364 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:08 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (775728 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
1-What is the exact amount of money that must be in my sponsors account to apply for student visa under SVP?

2- The fact dat error occured on my waec date birth of birth scares me cos I wanted my application to be clean but can an affividavit be just enough?

3- Is RECEIPT OF MEDICAL TEST part of dcouments to submit during visa application? ie one must have done the medicals before applying for visa and are there any special stuffs u have to do before the medicals, like for HBP etc

4- Can someone in Lagos give an appropriate place where i can notarize my documents for visa application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
posdream:

Your questions aren't clear. Do you want initial payment as in first semester to be 5000-5500 or the whole package for 5000-5500 of 2years?

INITIAL PAYMENT
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
everG:

INITIAL PAYMENT

There are courses that are cheaper everG but considering the compulsory health insurance u won't actually get that as initial payment. Taking cert 3 in aged care for example,it cost 5700 in ETI. But when OSHC is added it turns to million. If ur course is packaged and it will take u 2years to conclude. Your OSHC will either be for 26months more or less. When that is added,initial payment gets up. So you will be paying nothing less than 1million naira. So its had to get an initial payment for that amount. And u can't pay school fee alone. You have to pay for insurance also. So u see?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
posdream:

There are courses that are cheaper everG but considering the compulsory health insurance u won't actually get that as initial payment. Taking cert 3 in aged care for example,it cost 5700 in ETI. But when OSHC is added it turns to million. If ur course is packaged and it will take u 2years to conclude. Your OSHC will either be for 26months more or less. When that is added,initial payment gets up. So you will be paying nothing less than 1million naira. So its had to get an initial payment for that amount. And u can't pay school fee alone. You have to pay for insurance also. So u see?
TANX BRO UR XPLAINATION IS VERY CLEAR
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
posdream:

You don't need to have a GTBank account to book online. Here is it:
Book and fill in your data online. Be careful when filling.
When u r through print out the booking confirmation page. And you walk into any bank nationwide.(I used wema bank) pay and get a draft in favour of british council. Then take the booking confirmation page alone with a photocopy of your passport bio data also the original passport for sighting. Don't forget to take along the bank draft and you would be given the original confirmation. This can only be done in designated british council offices. Check online for the address of the closest office to you.

Try and pray and read very well. God will see you through.
Thanks. But, should i take all those to their office for the original confirmation BEFORE the exam date or EXACTLY SAME DAY i will be taking the exam? Thanks once more
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
Please, can somebody help me out with this or should i just find my way to Abj or lagos for the exam? Since they have the closest date with Benin
Plshavmercyamen: @all. Have anybody written this exam(ielts) in Benin? I ask cos it is the nearest centre to where i reside(Anambra) that have 12th of Oct. As a test date. Enugu is 4th Nov. While ph is 26th
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
posdream:

its like u going for a course in ETI, and from look of things u hv gone planty steps ahead of us, i js apply for diploma in survey and got a reply from them bt i needed to relate wit smebdy like u that is ahead already.my email victac4@yahoo.com waiting to hear from u. tanx
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
kmontee: 1-What is the exact amount of money that must be in my sponsors account to apply for student visa under SVP?

2- The fact dat error occured on my waec date birth of birth scares me cos I wanted my application to be clean but can an affividavit be just enough?

3- Is RECEIPT OF MEDICAL TEST part of dcouments to submit during visa application? ie one must have done the medicals before applying for visa and are there any special stuffs u have to do before the medicals, like for HBP etc

4- Can someone in Lagos give an appropriate place where i can notarize my documents for visa application.

@jenny and odas please answer me on the above raised points
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: Thanks. But, should i take all those to their office for the original confirmation BEFORE the exam date or EXACTLY SAME DAY i will be taking the exam? Thanks once more

You have to do all those BEFORE the exam date. You will receive another notification few days to the exam stating your candidate number and schedule time for the tests. You will take the last notification with u to d exam venue with ur international passport.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
everG:
its like u going for a course in ETI, and from look of things u hv gone planty steps ahead of us, i js apply for diploma in survey and got a reply from them bt i needed to relate wit smebdy like u that is ahead already.my email victac4@yahoo.com waiting to hear from u. tanx

I am not any step ahead of u. Apparently, we are still at d same level. The only difference is that I am not applying to schools anymore. Truly, my cue is ETI but we are all in this together sharing experiences o. I knw nothing special also as I depend solely on d thread and DIAC website which I think will be the best you do also. Anyway you can ask questions and if I have any answer I will gladly give.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:43pm On Sep 23, 2013
kmontee:

@jenny and odas please answer me on the above raised points
. I don't think SVP students demonstrate high level of financial evidence like assessment level 3 students do but to be on the safe side, you can show like 5M.. Go to www.vfsglobal.com/australia/nigeria and download the checklist in the student section.
To your second question... If you have a birth certificate, you can swear affidavit that the one in waec is a mistake or error, I think it will take care of that.
To your third question... You don't have to do medicals before lodging if you don't want, the high commission will contact you when its needed but if you do before lodging, you can attach a copy of your refferal letter which have your HAP I'd and the hospital receipt but the most important info is the HAP ID
To your fourth question.. You can certify your document at fed. High court Ikeja adjacent to Fela shrine. I hope I answered all your questions?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 12:55am On Sep 24, 2013
@all. Have anybody written this exam(ielts) in Benin? I ask cos it is the nearest centre to where i reside(Anambra) that have 12th of Oct. As a test date. Enugu is 4th Nov. While ph is 26th Thanks posdream. Can u or anybody else address the above concern. Or should i just go for eida lag or Abj since they have same close date(12th) with Benin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 3:13am On Sep 24, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: Please, can somebody help me out with this or should i just find my way to Abj or lagos for the exam? Since they have the closest date with Benin

I'll advise you to get the location that fits into your programme cos time isn't friendly. Remember u have to wait 13days extra for ur result. Try and apply to school now and get conditional offer. Then after your result u can pay for ur CoE. U have to know how you can read and digest all that's necessary. I prepared for abt 2month cos I don't assimilate quickly. Get your rhythm and book quick. If benin is closer then use it. I've nt read abt anyone who wrote in benin but as long as British Council is there n they take exams there. Then there's nothing to worry abt. Also,if u have where to stay in Lagos or Abuja,fine. I did mine in Lagos and a lot of people here also sat for d exam in abuja.
So weigh ur options,book n choose any centre that's convenient for u so dat u won't be late to d venue. Late comers won't write d exam and no pleading.
Good luck.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 8:32am On Sep 24, 2013
posdream:

I'll advise you to get the location that fits into your programme cos time isn't friendly. Remember u have to wait 13days extra for ur result. Try and apply to school now and get conditional offer. Then after your result u can pay for ur CoE. U have to know how you can read and digest all that's necessary. I prepared for abt 2month cos I don't assimilate quickly. Get your rhythm and book quick. If benin is closer then use it. I've nt read abt anyone who wrote in benin but as long as British Council is there n they take exams there. Then there's nothing to worry abt. Also,if u have where to stay in Lagos or Abuja,fine. I did mine in Lagos and a lot of people here also sat for d exam in abuja.
So weigh ur options,book n choose any centre that's convenient for u so dat u won't be late to d venue. Late comers won't write d exam and no pleading.
Good luck.
Thanks for ur timely advise. I already applied for community services work with ETI last saturday. Though, stil awaiting their response. Would have as wel booked for ielts exam if not that i hav nt gotten my e passport, but wil get my passport on wed. God willing so as to book 4 d exam for 12th of Oct.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 8:55am On Sep 24, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: Thanks for ur timely advise. I already applied for community services work with ETI last saturday. Though, stil awaiting their response. Would have as wel booked for ielts exam if not that i hav nt gotten my e passport, but wil get my passport on wed. God willing so as to book 4 d exam for 12th of Oct.

Ok. Uwc
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2013
How much does it cost to certify a document at d federal high court and anyone with d knowledge about the police certificate how and where to get it in Lagos. And how much is it?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 11:54am On Sep 24, 2013
posdream: How much does it cost to certify a document at d federal high court and anyone with d knowledge about the police certificate how and where to get it in Lagos. And how much is it?

Basically 20 to 50 naira per documents to be verified, and the Police clearance should be cheaper in Lagos budget around 5k to 10k go to Force Hq or state CID ask of finger print section.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nwokenna:

Basically 20 to 50 naira per documents to be verified, and the Police clearance should be cheaper in Lagos budget around 5k to 10k go to Force Hq or state CID ask of finger print section.

Thanks. Can I have the police clearance done in a day? I mean can I have the cert. d same day. What do I need to take along when going,as in things like passport photographs and co. Please advice accordingly.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
@lawland
Did u pay ur fee with dom acct or naira acct
If its dom was it US dollar or aus dollar
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
posdream:

Thanks. Can I have the police clearance done in a day? I mean can I have the cert. d same day. What do I need to take along when going,as in things like passport photographs and co. Please advice accordingly.
In less than 2hrs ur police clearance can be done
One passport and ur international pass
Don't forget to carry money ooooo...lol
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
mimi1147:
In less than 2hrs ur police clearance can be done
One passport and ur international pass
Don't forget to carry money ooooo...lol

MIMI. Thanks. I won't forget money ooooo. Lol. How are you. MTN dey eat all my msgs to you o. Take care sis.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nwokenna: 12:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
posdream:

1. photocopy of the data page of your international passport
2. 2 color passport photograph
3. stipulated fee

since Lagos is the HQ in less than 48hrs you should've it depending on their workload if you want express service the fee might be hiked
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nwokenna:

3. stipulated fee

since Lagos is the HQ in less than 48hrs you should've it depending on their workload if you want express service the fee might be hiked
The police clearance is a pink certificate right? Had mine done at alargbon police station, didn't take more than 2hrs
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
posdream:

Ok. Uwc
which programme did u apply for?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 1:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
mimi1147: @lawland
Did u pay ur fee with dom acct or naira acct
If its dom was it US dollar or aus dollar
I paid with dom acct but you can pay with naira acct.. Your bank will use form A for that purpose. Just consult your bank..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
lawland: I paid with dom acct but you can pay with naira acct.. Your bank will use form A for that purpose. Just consult your bank..

My bank dey tell me stories
Said I should use internet banking
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
mimi1147:

My bank dey tell me stories
Said I should use internet banking

call their head office and your problem will be solved, most bankers don't know what is form A because they are not use to such foreign transactions and with you now, they can learn
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
Americanvisa:

call their head office and your problem will be solved, most bankers don't know what is form A because they are not use to such foreign transactions and with you now, they can learn

Thank you bros
Which kind sit of bankers do we have in nigeria? Ni
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
mimi1147:
The police clearance is a pink certificate right? Had mine done at alargbon police station, didn't take more than 2hrs

hw much did it cost u wen u did yours in alagbon police station cos im planning to pay them a visit.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: which programme did u apply for?

Nursing.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nwokenna:

3. stipulated fee

Thnks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
posdream:

Nursing.
that's a good one. I pray they(ETI) give me a packaged programme in community services wort to aggregate to 2yrs. Cos i applied for Diploma

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (401)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.