Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,753 members, 7,979,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 11:59 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (781160 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 11:26am On Sep 20, 2013
Chubi4show:
U must have an e-passport b4 u cn book/write IELTS.
Thanks. Will have to start the processing ASAP
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by cotzywitzy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hello my question is very clear ... I have a family member in Australia we answer the same surname and he was thinking of sending invitation letter to me like he's inviting his son but recently he told me that they now use DNA to confirm if he's truely inviting his son... please what can be done?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaggzflow(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ielts results out: listening 7.0., reading 5.5 cry , writing 6.5, speaking 6.5 overall 6.5...would have wanted a 6.0 in reading...anyways thank God all the same
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
swaggzflow: Ielts results out: listening 7.0., reading 5.5 cry , writing 6.5, speaking 6.5 overall 6.5...would have wanted a 6.0 in reading...anyways thank God all the same

Thank God o. Congratulations swaggzflow. It isn't bad afterall. To God be d glory. Wht course are u aiming at?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
cotzywitzy: Hello my question is very clear ... I have a family member in Australia we answer the same surname and he was thinking of sending invitation letter to me like he's inviting his son but recently he told me that they now use DNA to confirm if he's truely inviting his son... please what can be done?
. He should know better since he is in Australia. Anyway, I think he can still invite you as a dependent family member, just check the requirement in DIAC website. www.immi.gov.au.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaggzflow(m): 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
posdream:

Thank God o. Congratulations swaggzflow. It isn't bad afterall. To God be d glory. Wht course are u aiming at?

Thanks oh @posdream....aiming for masters of architecture at QUT
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
Please how many of us are going through the patience test in the name of waiting for DIAC decision? I seem to be the only one passing through this patience test.... I will be very glad to know that I am into it with some of my people here...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
swaggzflow:

Thanks oh @posdream....aiming for masters of architecture at QUT

God tht started his good work in you shall surely accomplish it. What's d prob? Are u thinking d reading won't do? What's d minimum u needed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
swaggzflow: Ielts results out: listening 7.0., reading 5.5 cry , writing 6.5, speaking 6.5 overall 6.5...would have wanted a 6.0 in reading...anyways thank God all the same
Congratulations broda. @ all, please, how long does it take for the result(Ielts) to come out after taking the exam?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: Congratulations broda. @ all, please, how long does it take for the result(Ielts) to come out after taking the exam?

13days after exam.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
posdream:

13days after exam.
Tanx. But, do u mean 13 working days or just 13 days? Tanx once again
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: Tanx. But, do u mean 13 working days or just 13 days? Tanx once again
13 days.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
Congratz jare. Its not easy....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
@Lawland,have you seen any body granted visa more than 3 months before resumption
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Americanvisa: @Lawland,have you seen any body granted visa more than 3 months before resumption
. Yes.. A family friend was granted visa in march for July intake but that's cos he missed Feb intake and deferred the admission to July... I am beginning to think I applied way too early.. Though I planned to get in before winter so I can spend my Christmas there. Just hope they won't make me wait too long..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
lawland: . Yes.. A family friend was granted visa in march for July intake but that's cos he missed Feb intake and deferred the admission to July... I am beginning to think I applied way too early.. Though I planned to get in before winter so I can spend my Christmas there. Just hope they won't make me wait too long..
Was it for a diploma or degree program,nd did he go via d same process wit u lyk havin a monetry deposit of up to 3months? Nd one more tin wil my sponsor also write in my SOP dt I wil b comin bak nd dt my reason 4 goin abroad was 2 acquire an internationally recognised cert or wil he write that seperately like a letter?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
I think march is not far, so it is almost 3 months, i doubt that they may issue visa more than 3 months to resumption. Is your own application up to 2months? @Lawland
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
zoe iyke:
Was it for a diploma or degree program,nd did he go via d same process wit u lyk havin a monetry deposit of up to 3months? Nd one more tin wil my sponsor also write in my SOP dt I wil b comin bak nd dt my reason 4 goin abroad was 2 acquire an internationally recognised cert or wil he write that seperately like a letter?
. He went for diploma course and yes he meant the financial requirements. Your sponsor will write a separate letter declaring his willingness to sponsor you and that's where he will state that. If you look at your visa application form... You will see where they will ask you to write a brief statement about your reason for choosing to undertake your studies in Australia and some points to include in the statement... That's where your SOP comes in. Good luck.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
Americanvisa: I think march is not far, so it is almost 3 months, i doubt that they may issue visa more than 3 months to resumption. Is your own application up to 2months? @Lawland
. They have a new law that allows visa issuance 4 months before resumption.. I just don't know if Pretoria will follow that as I indicated my departure date as 26th Nov and No, its not upto 2 months.. Its just 3 weeks..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
lawland: . They have a new law that allows visa issuance 4 months before resumption.. I just don't know if Pretoria will follow that as I indicated my departure date as 26th Nov and No, its not upto 2 months.. Its just 3 weeks..

ok! then why are you complaining about your visa,it is usually 6 to 8 weeks for the success people here
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaggzflow(m): 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2013
posdream:

God tht started his good work in you shall surely accomplish it. What's d prob? Are u thinking d reading won't do? What's d minimum u needed.

Naaah...jst dat d school needed a minimum of 6.0 in each band n overall of 6.5...I hope dey dnt mind my 5.5
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaggzflow(m): 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: Congratulations broda. @ all, please, how long does it take for the result(Ielts) to come out after taking the exam?

Tanx oh...I tink @posdream has answered ur question...it takes 13 days
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Americanvisa:

ok! then why are you complaining about your visa,it is usually 6 to 8 weeks for the success people here
.. I am not complaining my guy... I just wanted to know the people in the same position like me.. Waiting for a visa decision is not an easy thing.. You will understand when you apply.. What's your plan? When are you applying?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaggzflow(m): 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
Chubi4show:
Congratz jare. Its not easy....

Tanx bruh!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
swaggzflow:

Naaah...jst dat d school needed a minimum of 6.0 in each band n overall of 6.5...I hope dey dnt mind my 5.5
. It depends on the nature of the course.. If the course does not require more of the test you got that.. They won't mind e.g if its a course that require more of reading than lecture.. They won't mind much if you score lower in listening.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
lawland: .. I am not complaining my guy... I just wanted to know the people in the same position like me.. Waiting for a visa decision is not an easy thing.. You will understand when you apply.. What's your plan? When are you applying?

soon
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
Americanvisa:

soon
. Good.. You are very much welcome to join me in the patience test...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaggzflow(m): 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
lawland: . It depends on the nature of the course.. If the course does not require more of the test you got that.. They won't mind e.g if its a course that require more of reading than lecture.. They won't mind much if you score lower in listening.

Oh k...tanx @lawland for the clarification
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
swaggzflow:

Oh k...tanx @lawland for the clarification
. You are welcome.. Good luck..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
lawland: . Good.. You are very much welcome to join me in the patience test...

sure
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
DIAC name in my facebook page just changed from department of immigration and citizenship to department of immigration and border protection... Jenny please can you comment on this? Is DIAC changing name?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 5:13am On Sep 21, 2013
lawland: . He went for diploma course and yes he meant the financial requirements. Your sponsor will write a separate letter declaring his willingness to sponsor you and that's where he will state that. If you look at your visa application form... You will see where they will ask you to write a brief statement about your reason for choosing to undertake your studies in Australia and some points to include in the statement... That's where your SOP comes in. Good luck.
Thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.