Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,204 members, 7,923,047 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:30 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (773080 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by togsonkak: 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
lawland: . There is nothing like cheap school in Australia, you have must be willing to cough out at least $5000 for school fees as per semester.. The only option you have is skillselect.. That's if you have the qualification.. Check out www.immi.gov.au..
Thanks alot sir...Atleast for the reply....Is the 5,ooo dolls for a degree course?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
jennykadry: DIAC has demanded police clearance from students on many occasions.
My ever adored Jenny welcome. Then i regret not adding it to my application. Whats the probability in %? I want to know my chances.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by PAULOYE(m): 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hello Jenny! I need ur advise;
Charles darwin and Edith cowan unis gave me admission into meng for feb 2014 intake......which of the schools is good :
1. Good and mostly recognised in engineering
2. Fast pr after studies
3. Good job during studies and after studies
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by PAULOYE(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
Thanks. Which one is SOL?
Hw long does it take to gt visa for SVP ?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
PAUL OYE: Hello Jenny! I need ur advise;
Charles darwin and Edith cowan unis gave me admission into meng for feb 2014 intake......which of the schools is good :
1. Good and mostly recognised in engineering
2. Fast pr after studies
3. Good job during studies and after studies

Darwin stands a better chance with PR, as they require workers there all the time. International student who studied nursing in Darwin get sponsored for PR like ASAP after studies(another secret people don't know that I just revealed wink )

Edith Cowan is a good school in perth and perth will have more engineering jobs than Darwin.

I have done a few courses with both unis and I tell ya they are good
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
PAUL OYE: Thanks. Which one is SOL?
Hw long does it take to gt visa for SVP ?

SOL is skilled occupation list. The list consists of occupation in demand here
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
lawland: My ever adored Jenny welcome. Then i regret not adding it to my application. Whats the probability in %? I want to know my chances.

You should get your visa, (i think) but I know many students who included it In their application. I studied in OZ for a while moved to Europe and came back to OZ and back to Europe again and then back to OZ cheesy I had to produce police clearance from Nigeria, my country of residence in Europe and then from OZ as well. Pheww
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
ferdimako:

What is up with your latest admission processing with ECU?

ECU rejected me oo saying d same tin that my Bsc in Computer Science is equivalent to an aussie associate degree, i wonder y my own is different from odas!! didnt want to go for tafe cos of wat u said earlier on about going up n not coming down incase one decides to come bak to naija. So Im left with dis packaged offer of Graduate Diploma + Masters in Information Technology, which is 2 years with Charles Sturt Melbourne campus. Just dat i wanted a regional area based on what i read here and also to help my PR after study. Goodluck to you for 21st Sept IELTS GT, go with God and just relax, cos its just like every exam . Dont worry, u will hit above 7.0!!!!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
BTW I only answer questions directed at me as there are a lot of us answering questions here. Questions not directed at me is ignored and left to Lawland,ferdi, americanvisa , manmeta and co to answer cool

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
kmontee:

ECU rejected me oo saying d same tin that my Bsc in Computer Science is equivalent to an aussie associate degree, i wonder y my own is different from odas!! didnt want to go for tafe cos of wat u said earlier on about going up n not coming down incase one decides to come bak to naija. So Im left with dis packaged offer of Graduate Diploma + Masters in Information Technology, which is 2 years with Charles Sturt Melbourne campus. Just dat i wanted a regional area based on what i read here and also to help my PR after study. Goodluck to you for 21st Sept IELTS GT, go with God and just relax, cos its just like every exam . Dont worry, u will hit above 7.0!!!!

It's the bolded owned by ECU? Please try to go for the feasible one instead of worrying about PR path and miss out all together. I know rich courses on transcript matter alot.That was why I did some nice electives and I believe they contributed to my admission approval.

I'll leave for Abuja tomorrow for the test. Thanks for the wishes!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
jennykadry:

You should get your visa, (i think) but I know many students who included it In their application. I studied in OZ for a while moved to Europe and came back to OZ and back to Europe again and then back to OZ cheesy I had to produce police clearance from Nigeria, my country of residence in Europe and then from OZ as well. Pheww
. I don't know much like you my darling Jenny but I believe your case is a peculiar one. I know student applicants that added it to their application but I haven't seen any DIAC asked to. My own personal believe though I stand to be corrected is that they only demand it if one has a gap between studies that one can't account for or travelers like you. I didn't ask cos I fear they will deny me Visa, I only asked cos I don't have the strength to go back to Lagos for it. Thanks anyway my big sister.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by PAULOYE(m): 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
Thanks Jennykardy!
What is now ur advise fr me in terms of job opportunities nd PR, sud I go fr CDU in Darwin or ECU in Perth?
Also, hw long wil it take to gt visa after SVP assessment when I apply?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 5:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
jennykadry: BTW I only answer questions directed at me as there are a lot of us answering questions here. Questions not directed at me is ignored and left to Lawland,ferdi, americanvisa , manmeta and co to answer cool
Pls pls nd pls oo am worried abt d embassies requirement dt all candidate must write an SOP nd also include an incentiv 2 return home,I jst finishd my servic dis year nd witout any job 4 nw nd witout anytin linkin mi bak home,I dnt intend comin bak home though,I got admision @ tastafe for a diploma in community services work culd u giv mi som advice on this nd hw 2 go abt it.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by NosoChic: 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
Chairman abeg start ur FOREX on another thread.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
NosoChic: Chairman abeg start ur FOREX on another thread.
. Exactly my thought... The thing really pissed me off..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 2:19am On Sep 20, 2013
jennykadry:

Explain better please

Ok..........@manmeta where are you? You see, I work on the health sector and have mostly ideas in that area. HR is on he skilled list, is the other one there as well?

Also pages back I stated here that I don't and cannot choose a uni or course for someone.

Honestly, I can't say anything definitive about what discipline to choose or otherwise. It behooves the applicant to research where they have strong standing.

With respect to the SOL, my observation so far has revealed that just because a discipline is listed on the SOL does not necessarily mean it's in "high" demand. Beware and do your ground work very well.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 20, 2013
zoe iyke:
Pls pls nd pls oo am worried abt d embassies requirement dt all candidate must write an SOP nd also include an incentiv 2 return home,I jst finishd my servic dis year nd witout any job 4 nw nd witout anytin linkin mi bak home,I dnt intend comin bak home though,I got admision @ tastafe for a diploma in community services work culd u giv mi som advice on this nd hw 2 go abt it.

Have you thought about applying in Darwin? You stand a better chance with PR there. Te last I remembered it was a definite sponsorship for nurses

Post a link of the requirement here let me go through it
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 20, 2013
manmeta:

Honestly, I can't say anything definitive about what discipline to choose or otherwise. It behooves the applicant to research where they have strong standing.

With respect to the SOL, my observation so far has revealed that just because a discipline is listed on the SOL does not necessarily mean it's in "high" demand. Beware and do your ground work very well.

Exactly. It might be on the list but might not be in demand
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:26am On Sep 20, 2013
PAUL OYE: Thanks Jennykardy!
What is now ur advise fr me in terms of job opportunities nd PR, sud I go fr CDU in Darwin or ECU in Perth?
Also, hw long wil it take to gt visa after SVP assessment when I apply?

Visa depends on case officer but they have their time frames on their website.

I don't chose schools for people but I am happy to state their strengths here...it's your call sir and that's why I gave you the choice to choose
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 3:33am On Sep 20, 2013
jennykadry:

Visa depends on case officer but they have their time frames on their website.

I don't chose schools for people but I am happy to state their strengths here...it's your call sir and that's why I gave you the choice to choose

Good morning,I've been delibrating on which way to follow, I have an offer from ETI and its in joondalup but I'm calling them to change my campus to Albany.
I'll like to know if albany(GSIT) is GOOD for nursing. And please can u please expanciate a little bit on this darwin thingy. I'm kinda interested. Thanks so much in anticipation.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 5:38am On Sep 20, 2013
jennykadry:

Use your o level. As for making up the two years......it's your call
thanks Aunty Jenny. @ all. Please, can anybody help me with his/her IELTS material or wil i be able to find it myself in www.ieltsbuddy.com? (though have not registered for the exam yet but just want to meet up). Thanks all
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 20, 2013
Albany's GSIT is good. Many Africans studied in that school. I loved Albany weather and the beaches...divine.

As for Darwin thingy, there isn't much to expantiate on. It's as it is
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 7:35am On Sep 20, 2013
jennykadry:

Have you thought about applying in Darwin? You stand a better chance with PR there. Te last I remembered it was a definite sponsorship for nurses

Post a link of the requirement here let me go through it
Am sure u mean charles darwin university? Well I decided against applyin 2 aussie uni's because of dere high tuition fees,dt was y I chose 2 go via TAFE xcept if dere z any oda tafe in darwin or somtin.
Did u mean pretoria's visa requirement link?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:37am On Sep 20, 2013
jennykadry: Albany's GSIT is good. Many Africans studied in that school. I loved Albany weather and the beaches...divine.

As for Darwin thingy, there isn't much to expatriate on. It's as it is
. Aunty Jenny good evening(by your time). It really amaze me on how you keep up with this trend upon the time difference... How I wish I can award you but I know you are blessed by the most high. Something just came to my mind and I decided to ask you since you are on ground. I applied for Homestay recently and got an invoice.. I am still contemplating on how it works as in living with a family you know nothing about... Pls can you throw some light on this? Another thing is the water issue, I want to know how bad it is.. Thanks as I wait for your response...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 7:37am On Sep 20, 2013
posdream:

Good morning,I've been delibrating on which way to follow, I have an offer from ETI and its in joondalup but I'm calling them to change my campus to Albany.
I'll like to know if albany(GSIT) is GOOD for nursing. And please can u please expanciate a little bit on this darwin thingy. I'm kinda interested. Thanks so much in anticipation.
I sent u a pm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 8:34am On Sep 20, 2013
zoe iyke:
Aunty Jenny, can u please address the first concerns of zoe iyke as it partains to the SOP and incentive to return home. Tanx
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 9:29am On Sep 20, 2013
zoe iyke:
I sent u a pm

Zoeiyke. Got ur pm. We r all in this phase of decision I'm sure everyone preparing is contemplating on which way to follow. Lol. I'll surely update u abt my decision soon. Its well.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Plshavmercyamen: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2013
posdream:

Firstly, i am not a bro(lol). grin and yes i booked online but i had to pay at the British council office in lagos. some people here like ferdimako paid online,i think through GT debit cards. It is very easy do as you will only need to fill in your names,sex,and passport number. also your address, email and phone number.

If your payment is successful, you will have assess to a-30 hr free online training in all the 4 sections of the exam. Furthermore, you will be able to use your email and the ref no to check your portal at anytime and also to check your results after all.

Here are the steps i took to get myself booked for the exam, i hope it helps

1. check this weblink http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/
click on the FIND A TEST LOCATION
2. ENTER our country Nigeria. (lol) you will see upcoming dates and modules
3. Read and Scroll down, click the BOOK ONLINE BUTTON
4. enter the test dates,modules and locations you wished for, then click find, click on the test date and venue you wished.
5. A declaration page will be shown and u click to agree -then click continue
6. Fill in your details (please be careful while filling, i made a mistake then but thank God it wasn't costly)
7. after all these steps you can either pay online through GTbank Debit card. i actually paid offline at their office in Lagos and the confirmation page was printed out for me.

i took along with me, a recent passport photograph and the photocopy of my international passport.

That's all, easy steps isn't it? be safe

PLEASE, do i need to have my Int'l passport before i can book for this exam(IELTS) online? Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 11:11am On Sep 20, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: PLEASE, do i need to have my Int'l passport before i can book for this exam(IELTS) online? Thanks
U must have an e-passport b4 u cn book/write IELTS.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 11:16am On Sep 20, 2013
*GHOST MODE* Just passing by.... I hail ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (401)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.