Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,610 members, 7,941,343 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:05 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (775702 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 15, 2013
@Surveyor

Pleaseshoot your questions. I got back from on call late yesterday and was so dead tired, couldn't type much
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 7:50am On Oct 15, 2013
@Jenny,Thank you,last time you replied me yes that some body can still be denied visa after medical call then i asked what is their objective for calling people for medical when they are not willing to give visa, i don't wish to submit with medical because for me and my wife is very costly hoping to do it on request by the embassy but if calling for medical has nothing to do with granting of the visa then is better to lodge with the medical at the same time
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 7:52am On Oct 15, 2013
jennykadry:

Okay I am beginning to feel insulted now. I am not a child so don't try that shooting in the leg and at the same time patting your back nonsense on me. Do not patronise me cos I am not here to be patronised. Do not refer or make reference to me in your posts. As for seeing me Perth, don't hold that hope much higher
I didn't bargain for this at all.... I feel so sad right now and please don't think that way. I don't really know what to say but please you must have misunderstood my intentions. Can we fix this please? I am begging.. Just give me a chance to clear myself...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 15, 2013
was there at the 9ja's 53rd independence in Melbourne

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 8:24am On Oct 15, 2013
^^^ how is Melbourne,opportunities for students and cost of living such as accommodation, foods and others
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by AdemolaA2: 8:34am On Oct 15, 2013
surveyor1:
Australia scholarship is damn too competitive, because they cherished publications, good recommendation and work experience. Canada got loads of scholarship bro.
thanks alot bro but what is like the full estimate of their tuition fee like and what are the procedures for application as well ?i mean , is there any cheap and affordable school with good and ok standard you know of ?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 8:51am On Oct 15, 2013
jennykadry:

People include their siblings in their application. There is this visa class called 457 your family members e.g siblings can join you. Lots of Nigerians and Zimbabweans do it here and when they get their PR, that person automatically gets theirs cheesy
By includin our family members are we not inadvertently increasing the financial requirements? Or its not meant for students
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 15, 2013
Americanvisa: @Jenny,Thank you,last time you replied me yes that some body can still be denied visa after medical call then i asked what is their objective for calling people for medical when they are not willing to give visa, i don't wish to submit with medical because for me and my wife is very costly hoping to do it on request by the embassy but if calling for medical has nothing to do with granting of the visa then is better to lodge with the medical at the same time

Sometimes people are denied visa for many reasons....But if all goes well, medical is the final stage. Okay if they find some discrepancies in your application, you can be denied. There is a checklist for pre-medical if I remember correctly, at least there was during my time, make sure you tick off the right box. There was this guy who did not tick the right box for the TB section, unintentionally and was denied visa. He had to appeal with a cover letter but it wasn't good enough for them.

If your medical report shows some K-LEG you can be denied a visa. If at some point your case officer decides to check list your documents with a colleague and that colleague dis-agrees with a few things in your application, they get a third person's opinion and if that person has some doubts, you can be denied.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 15, 2013
Americanvisa: ^^^ how is Melbourne,opportunities for students and cost of living such as accommodation, foods and others

Brother, am still a learner oh. I am barely 3weeks here, IMO not enough time to know all that.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 15, 2013
zoe iyke:
By includin our family members are we not inadvertently increasing the financial requirements? Or its not meant for students

I was once a student and the last child in my family but when I filled my application form, I included all my siblings details as well as my parents in the application. My eldest brother did the same thing as well when he came here for Masters course.

Okay, a 457 visa is a skilled temporary visa that goes for 4 years, it's either you are a foreign skilled worker from overseas or a skilled worker whose occupation is on the skilled list but studied in OZ (fresh graduates included). I will give you an example of the people I know who did this. They included their immediate family members details on the form (single) one of them studied nursing and got sponsored in Bunbury for the 457 visa and because she had her younger sisters name on her student visa application, she still included the same name on the 457 visa application as her dependent relatives and the sister got the visa in Zimbabwe before joining her in Bunbury and now they are in perth. I pray for PR for so many of you but sometimes the process of a PR can be long and unfruitful if you do not meet their point test, however some people if not many people get the 457 sponsorship and have the opportunity to include a family member in their application prior to PR without stress and thats why I insisted that family members be included in your application from day one whether you plan for them to join you or not.

Including family in your application

You can include the following people in your visa application:
your partner (married or de facto)
your or your partner’s dependent children
other dependent relatives.

These family members must meet the requirements for including family members in your application. The application must include documentary evidence of their relationship to you.

Your family members must also be able to show that they meet Australia's health and character requirements.

They must be able to show they have the same levels of health insurance as you.

Your sponsor must agree in writing to include your family members as secondary sponsored persons. They can do this by including the details of your family members in the nomination application, or by providing this information in a letter to be attached to your visa application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2013
Thanks Jenny and UBK,the way i see it this days,is like medical is part of the visa application requirement because even those denied and granted were all called for medical
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 15, 2013
Medical is a requirement for everyone
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:56am On Oct 15, 2013
jennykadry: Medical is a requirement for everyone

so it is good to apply with medical
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 9:58am On Oct 15, 2013
jennykadry: @Surveyor

Pleaseshoot your questions. I got back from on call late yesterday and was so dead tired, couldn't type much
Aunty Jenny. My questions goes thus,
1. I got a wife n child. We all coming together to Sydney from UK. How can we get a cheap accommodation as a family.
2. How can we get the PR quick.
3. Interms of job, , how can someone get job quickly. Thanks aunty Jenny
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 15, 2013
surveyor1:
Aunty Jenny. My questions goes thus,
1. I got a wife n child. We all coming together to Sydney from UK. How can we get a cheap accommodation as a family.
2. How can we get the PR quick.
3. Interms of job, , how can someone get job quickly. Thanks aunty Jenny

With cheap accomodation, sydney is huge so your best bet is going through the real estate agents. Acccomodation is expensive in syndey.
2. PR depends on what you are coming here for/with
3. What kind of Job. I don't know about getting jobs quickly cos I am not a company owner grin listen, take a deep breath and relax and make sure you come with enough money to support you for a while. You will get a job easy when you get here, depending on where you wanno work
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 15, 2013
Americanvisa:

so it is good to apply with medical

I applied for medical after application. Some people do it before and send it together but naaaa too dicey. Spend all that money and what if you get denied at the end of the day? undecided
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:08am On Oct 15, 2013
jennykadry:

I applied for medical after application. Some people do it before and send it together but naaaa too dicey. Spend all that money and what if you get denied at the end of the day? undecided

Thats exactly what am trying you to dodge, only my wife application fee is 585USD,my own is 454USD then including 55k naira vfs service charge still you never do medical ooo, both of us medical will cost like 130k,just imagine.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2013
jennykadry:

With cheap accomodation, sydney is huge so your best bet is going through the real estate agents. Acccomodation is expensive in syndey.
2. PR depends on what you are coming here for/with
3. What kind of Job. I don't know about getting jobs quickly cos I am not a company owner grin listen, take a deep breath and relax and make sure you come with enough money to support you for a while. You will get a job easy when you get here, depending on where you wanno work
My profession is quantity surveying. Any job prospects. Auny any part time job as a student for now. Thanks for the responds. Just advice any job I can get quick as a student to keep bills running grin
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2013
All, prov 3:5-6
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Omojayejaye(m): 11:16am On Oct 15, 2013
no one here mentioned how school structures are,like TAFE ....is it really rigorous like huge assignments,presentation and lots....cos I heard stuffs like German education is hard,very demanding and stressful and that one might not have that time for 20hrs/week for jobs...does that goes for Australia too....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by swaystunna(m): 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
@Lawland,,na 2 free dis family member matter,,if u like add ur siblings,if u like don't,its all on d individual..as for me My name is on all my siblings student visas.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Watermelon(m): 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
surveyor1:
My profession is quantity surveying. Any job prospects. Auny any part time job as a student for now. Thanks for the responds. Just advice any job I can get quick as a student to keep bills running grin
Man relax! There are jobs waiting for you in Sydney. I posted some reputable job websites here few weeks ago but the post got hidden and I was banned. Be smart, don't narrow your search to a particular field and come with enough money to sustain you for few weeks to months while waiting to secure a job. You may be lucky get one in your first week. Please note that about 80% of jobs in Sydney will demand that you have a car or at least a driver's licence so be prepared for this.
Cheers
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by surveyor1: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
Watermelon:
Man relax! There are jobs waiting for you in Sydney. I posted some reputable job websites here few weeks ago but the post got hidden and I was banned. Be smart, don't narrow your search to a particular field and come with enough money to sustain you for few weeks to months while waiting to secure a job. You may be lucky get one in your first week. Please note that about 80% of jobs in Sydney will demand that you have a car or at least a driver's licence so be prepared for this.
Cheers
Cheers pal. Are u in Sydney or where in Aussie?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Largo(m): 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
@lawland I mailed the address you gave me on sunday, still I haven't been contacted, I don't know if I should be worried. How long did you wait before they replied you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
Largo: @lawland I mailed the address you gave me on sunday, still I haven't been contacted, I don't know if I should be worried. How long did you wait before they replied you.
Don't worry, they will reply you tomorrow or next.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
I need to pursue some people with koboko go Australia, walahi. They know themselves; one starts with A and the other with F.
I dey here, so remember putting my name in your application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
RedReact: I need to pursue some people with koboko go Australia, walahi. They know themselves; one starts with A and the other with F.

Next Feb.......never bring out d stick.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
RedReact: I need to pursue some people with koboko go Australia, walahi. They know themselves; one starts with A and the other with F.

Lol, sure
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
grin grin ;DYeah!! Dem don show face; that's good.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2013
jennykadry:

I was once a student and the last child in my family but when I filled my application form, I included all my siblings details as well as my parents in the application. My eldest brother did the same thing as well when he came here for Masters course.

Okay, a 457 visa is a skilled temporary visa that goes for 4 years, it's either you are a foreign skilled worker from overseas or a skilled worker whose occupation is on the skilled list but studied in OZ (fresh graduates included). I will give you an example of the people I know who did this. They included their immediate family members details on the form (single) one of them studied nursing and got sponsored in Bunbury for the 457 visa and because she had her younger sisters name on her student visa application, she still included the same name on the 457 visa application as her dependent relatives and the sister got the visa in Zimbabwe before joining her in Bunbury and now they are in perth. I pray for PR for so many of you but sometimes the process of a PR can be long and unfruitful if you do not meet their point test, however some people if not many people get the 457 sponsorship and have the opportunity to include a family member in their application prior to PR without stress and thats why I insisted that family members be included in your application from day one whether you plan for them to join you or not.

Thanks for this piece,but I hope it won't affect my finacial requirement?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cillaviva(f): 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Hi jenny,
I just joined this tread today and I must say its quite educative. I've got loads of questions but the most important first.
I will be arriving Canberra for my masters in Mid Jan (I know, ghost town grin) but my challenge is that I am coming with my son who will be barely 10mnths old then. My hubby isn't coming along immediately. How do I cope with a child that young and studies? Do you have an idea what daycare costs? Are there other options I can explore?

Secondly, do you know if there is any Nigerian community in Canberra. Would you say its a nice city for us to live in?

Thanks in advance
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Watermelon(m): 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
surveyor1:
Cheers pal. Are u in Sydney or where in Aussie?

Bros, I'm in Sydney, Inner West

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (401)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.