Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,816 members, 7,882,830 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:23 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (766573 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^^^Above is the skilled list. For those who want to know if they are eligible for skill select, please go through that list and find your occupation there
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
UBKtech: Really? Between Sydney, Melbourne and Perth, where would you suggest for a new migrant with respect to job prospects? Am a Medical Laboratory Scientist. Thanks

The good thing about being in the health field is your chances are higher. For health related field I say anywhere (if you are a PR), mining I say WA or QLD. OIL AND GAS I say WA, Engineers-anywhere wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
mimi1147: @ jenny
What about wollongong?
Is it ok or its like sydney?

I have said it that a regional town guarantees you more chances, to know a regional town I always look at the population....30-50k people will do me. Okay let's go down this route. Go on google and find out the population of wollongong for me and post it here. I wanno know though, how long is your course for?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
UBKtech:

It cost me N82,000 at the clinic in Lagos: 50K for medical examination, 26K for courier to Sydney & 6k for X-ray at St Nicholas

But I just discovered that clinics in Nigeria are now on e-health, meaning the courier fee will have to be removed because they will no longer have to send hard copy report to Sydney. With e-health, they will just upload it online, it will also save you valuable time.

You can ring up any of the clinic for current costs http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/n/nigeria/panel-doctors.htm

Lagos Clinics must be higher, that was why I opted for Abuja. If anybody needs the coordinator's cell, you're due for medicals and it makes more sense going to do it in Abuja,let me know,I'll inbox you Mr.Philips's Phone number.He works with Zankli Clinic,Abuja.The clinic is efficient and clean.Although I did mine before Embassy call,he said they've shipped it and there won't be a problem but I would like folks not to do without any call (email and Hap ID) from the Embassy to do so. I learnt Medicals is valid for 12months. That is good for me as it could stand firmly for my PR.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
Mine's there;Systems Analyst.I'm so happy I won't need any employer to get PRed.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
My course is for 2years and the population is 228k.I guess that makes it a major city
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
@ jenny My course is for 2years and the population is 228k.I guess that makes it a major city
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
And from the list you pasted above, I can specail in 4 fields there
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
mimi1147: @ jenny My course is for 2years

You can always get a graduate visa after studies. You know like @manmeta told @ferdimako when he was "insisting" on pursuing his studies here. Immigration rules change every year, we pray for you's that, that aspect of graduate visa does not change until yous have settled in. I was reading the news on the immi site and was surprised to see that the 457 visa rule has changed. That visa is a skilled visa and hasn't been "really" touched in a while but there was a huge change on the 1st of July which has allt he visa holders at work running helter skelter trying to sort their PR out.

I won't tell you that it is going to be easy but I can assure you that people studying courses in demand stand a better chance. The reason why people study in regional towns is not because they like living in little towns but because they know what they want and after they get it, you find them in cities. There are still people who get sponsored in the cities and that is why I advise everyone to get a student job that is related to their field if they can and maintaina cordial relationship with your employer... they sometimes come in to save you when the time for sponsorship comes and with your experience with them, it's an A+.

Work hard, be tough be strong and do not take nonsense from anybody, there are ways of telling these people off...those that think the sun shines out of their behind without coming across as rude.

mimi1147: @ and the population is 228k.I guess that makes it a major city
wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
And from the list you pasted above, I can Specialize in 4 fields there
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
I hope @posdream sees this...soemtimes I see you watch this thread, you ahven't asked a question since the last time you posted with both ID's. Please continue asking your questions. I just thought it creating two(or more) ID's for different country's visa enquiry thread was a bit too somehow....if you know what I mean.

Same with @ americanvisa. Feel free to ask your questions, I'm sure people would not mind answering
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
@ jenny
I can work as
Child care centre manager
Walfare centre manager
Social worker
Walfare worker
Community worker
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
I can work as
Child care centre manager
Walfare centre manager
Social worker
Walfare worker
Community worker

It's not a question of you can.You have to be qualified first and you apply or when you're there you can do the necessary registration and undergo trainings.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
@ jenny
What I meant was after my study those are fields are can work
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
@Jenny,thanks for accusation 002
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
Accusation 002? Where, when, why and how?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
What I meant was after my study those are fields are can work

I think you should concentrate on the ones without the manager in it cos you will need some work related experience before that kind of position can be handed over to you.

Also you need experience to be able to apply for PR.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2013
@redreact

How are you preparing for your trip out of Nigeria?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
@Jenny, na 26th of next month I dey go o.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
@jenny,what is the IELTS required score by the embassy for masters program,they said in the website that one should contact the university and according to some university they accept 6.0 in all band and 6.5 overall for masters program.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
RedReact: @Jenny, na 26th of next month I dey go o.

As per your question re accusation 002...someone posted that he got his visa without paying any tuition fee, which some people like myself Chose not to believe. The school he quoted I researched and even called them on The phone and they confirmed same thing that at least first semester fees must be paid to get a COE. If na so them dey give free visa without tuition, my whole cousins would have been here in OZ....@American visa sneakingly made a snide remark on that thread which I countered.....
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
@jenny,please let us continue our discussion for better,old things have passed away,you know you are my darling sister and i cant do in this Australia visa without you,i need your assistance at most not only now,i will still need it in future
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
Americanvisa: @jenny,what is the IELTS required score by the embassy for masters program,they said in the website that one should contact the university and according to some university they accept 6.0 in all band and 6.5 overall for masters program.
The minimum is 6.5 overall with 6.0 at leastin each band; for an education degree, it is higher than that.
@Jenny, I have read through the whole thing. I would urge you to let go. Reason why I said so is that information is power. I have about 6 offer letters from 6 universities in Australia and 1 from New Zealand and ALL of them sad I must PAY the 1st semester fee before I get the COE. Secondly, I have related by mail with PFL director Oceania and he never told me what the guy insinuated at all.
It is a free world and anyone ca ln to follow anyone. The only person I know on that thread is Americanvisa and I won't expect him to hook the bait of that guy. The immigration website gave direction for getting the student visa ad it negates what the guy stated. God does wonders, I know, but he does it according to the rules and regulations. It is his business and anybody that chooses to believe and follow his way is free to do so; good luck to him/them.
I wouldn't want any row between you and Americanvisa at all because it will hurt me, ad I will want Americanvisa to follow his heart and stick with what he has shared with us here as his family.
When @manmeta came, he emphasized on PR route rather than student route and he stood by it from day 1 he started commenting here. I have never said anything or changed my mind or offered advice on that route becase I have no business there, as I have already told the house that I desire going for study, even if it is costly, jut because I focus on my own laid down track.
I belong to a Chinese forum for people going to the school I am going in Hong Kong and I told them from day 1 that I a planning my life along research line and no one can bring anythin to confuse me to dump my plans. I believe @AV knows his plans and he will decide based on what he has officially read and not what someone has said; therefore @Jenny, just let go. You have been wonderful here ad I wil always respect and appreciate you for your help and contributions so far.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
Americanvisa: @jenny,what is the IELTS required score by the embassy for masters program,they said in the website that one should contact the university and according to some university they accept 6.0 in all band and 6.5 overall for masters program.

Yes, I know and I am posting based on what is on the site and what I know from family friends. Whatever score the school chooses is what the immigration will go with. So if you decide you want to go for masters, choose the school and check their English language requirement, if you meet it then you have checked that part of your list cos immigration will confirm from the school what they require and check it against what you have submitted to them.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
jennykadry:

Yes, I know and I am posting based on what is on the site and what I know from family friends. Whatever score the school chooses is what the immigration will go with. So if you decide you want to go for masters, choose the school and check their English language requirement, if you meet it then you have checked that part of your list cos immigration will confirm from the school what they require against what you have submitted to them.

But ECU never asked me of any English Test score,so what will the embassy be using? Anyway am doing TOEFL on Saturday for Embassy only.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by A12345: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
Aunty Jenny,Manmeta and other housemates that have gone through the PR route what is the chances of gaining a positive skill assessment for an experienced person with the prerequisite qualification whose occupation is in demand but has been out of job for over 2years now.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
ferdimako:

But ECU never asked me of any English Test score,so what will the embassy be using? Anyway am doing TOEFL on Saturday for Embassy only.

I did say it many pages back that some people get admissions before they present any IELTS as some school as of 2 years ago where not particular about it but the immigration will always require IELTS and it is advised that these people loook at getting an overall band of 6.5 and if possible 6.0 in each.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
Jenny,forgive me in any way you think that i offended you knowingly and unknowingly,please do bear my inadequacies

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
A12345: Aunty Jenny,Manmeta and other housemates that have gone through the PR route what is the chances of gaining a positive skill assessment for an experienced person with the prerequisite qualification whose occupation is in demand but has been out of job for over 2years now.

Actually I didn't go with the PR route
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
Americanvisa: Jenny,forgive me in any way you think that i offended you knowingly and unknowingly,please do bear my inadequacies

It's okay

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
jennykadry:

Yes, I know and I am posting based on what is on the site and what I know from family friends. Whatever score the school chooses is what the immigration will go with. So if you decide you want to go for masters, choose the school and check their English language requirement, if you meet it then you have checked that part of your list cos immigration will confirm from the school what they require and check it against what you have submitted to them.

ok,thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
ALso if the school did not list any score for the English test, ring them up and ask them. It's what I would do

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.