Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,724 members, 7,908,851 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:00 PM

Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 (13189 Views)

The Testimony Of Goshen360 Is The Testimony Of God’s Grace / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / God Did "NOT" Create "ONLY" Adam But Many People - Obadiah777 Vs Goshen360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, @Goshen, About the bolded, I fit consider o. As my brother don turn down the request. grin grin

Which offer did he turn down naw? I can't see him turning down the offer abi I no catch the revelation ni? Abi Mr. Anony wan play sharp-man here grin shocked
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by MrAnony1(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
Goshen360:

Which offer did he turn down naw? I can't see him turning down the offer abi I no catch the revelation ni? Abi Mr. Anony wan play sharp-man here grin shocked
Omo no time o! opportunity no dey come twice o! Abi you get two sisters make we settle matter? grin grin
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Omo no time o! opportunity no dey come twice o! Abi you get two sisters make we settle matter? grin grin

Maybe you need to quote one or two scriptures to tie my hands shocked then I will see what I can do about it - maybe I will slide-line brother Ihedinobi (please make it secret o, no let brother Ihedinobi hear about it say I wan slide-line him o, abeg you o) grin You know say na so "some" inlaws and omo onile dey do. Abi no be so shocked grin
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, @Goshen, About the bolded, I fit consider o. As my brother don turn down the request. grin grin

Badt guyz na grin grin
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2012
See diz badt niggiz o.......I de hear every o.......come, Oga Goshen, confirm say na two sista yo get o. Me and ma twin no go fight o. And you no fit to fall ma hand o. You try am, I go jus tell Popsy for you. I no de play o angry
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 8:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
You guys are having fun; nice one. smiley
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2012
@Goshen360, so where do dinasaurs fit in?
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Joagbaje(m): 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2012
Goshen360: Where is Joagbaje to answer my kweshions?

I get programme. I dey win souls. If God permit me tomorrow ,I will attend to you.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2012
SNCOQ3: @Goshen360, so where do dinasaurs fit in?

Where do they not?
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
this is what i have heard. ok a day to the lord is 1000 years. so when it says he created the earth in 6 days, that was 6000 years. then if you follow genealogy from adam to present day, thats another 6000 plus years. so the earth is 12000 plus years. this is not an argument i am presenting. its simply an opinion from someone
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by MrAnony1(m): 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ihedinobi: See diz badt niggiz o.......I de hear every o.......come, Oga Goshen, confirm say na two sista yo get o. Me and ma twin no go fight o. And you no fit to fall ma hand o. You try am, I go jus tell Popsy for you. I no de play o angry
Bros no worry, we no go fight. In fact, I no dey marry again. Falcao don punish my Chelsea.........make I go cry for inside house
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Where do they not?

I want to know where the existence of dinasaurs fit into the 'young earth' theory. the question is for Goshen360 but your contribution is welcomed.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Bros no worry, we no go fight. In fact, I no dey marry again. Falcao don punish my Chelsea.........make I go cry for inside house

Eya sad Why you go de root for Chelsea na? You for follow me de root for Arsenal. If you win, you do thanksgiving. If you no win, na normal tin. No heartbreak for Arsenal o grin
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
SNCOQ3:

I want to know where the existence of dinasaurs fit into the 'young earth' theory. the question is for Goshen360 but your contribution is welcomed.

I'm sorry I jumped in so unceremoniously. I do understand your question, but I don't see why you think dinosaurs don't fit into the young earth theory. That's why I asked.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
Goshen360:

Welcome on board. It does make any sense whatsoever for the gap theory to explain the age of the earth. That is heresy. The bible doesn't say there was ANY pre-Adamic age neither was there ANY gap between Genesis 1:1-2. This is reason for this thread.....let's prove it.

Subscribing.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11am On Sep 01, 2012
mkmyers45:

and let us not forget that one 'OLAADEGBU' once claimed on this forum that the 'Holy Spirit' revealed to him that the world was created in 6 earth days....

Old members here will remember this...Can't find the link yet

What was your old ID? Because I can't remember reading from you.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 5:49am On Sep 01, 2012
SNCOQ3: @Goshen360, so where do dinasaurs fit in?

If the bible doesn't say anything about it, I'm sorry, I don't have answer to it.

Ne comprenez-vous?

2 Likes

Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 7:12am On Sep 01, 2012
^ Fair enough; Good morning.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 01, 2012
^ Now, I really wish you'd indicated what's wrong with the picture of dinosaurs in a young earth. I don't know if your problem with the picture is the same as the one I once had: that dinosaurs were synonymous with evolution given that they've disappeared, but there's evidence of their existence in rock strata.

This was a silly assumption by me, but I don't think it's evolution that's your problem. Perhaps it's the fact that there's evidence that some really interesting animals once existed but are nowhere to be found today.

If that's the problem, there's no need to go ahead and assume an old earth to accommodate their existence. Between the end of the Second World War and today, some species have gone extinct. It is a fact of science that the number of species currently in existence are a small percentage of the number that once existed. Millions of years aren't needed for species to vanish, just a handful of men with inordinately large appetites and an attendant poor sense of responsibility. Current times prove this out.

I'm not sure if I have answered your question about dinosaurs. I was hoping you'd clarify what your problem was.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Delafruita(m): 7:57am On Sep 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

I get programme. I dey win souls. If God permit me tomorrow ,I will attend to you.
and probably raising a few of the dead
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Delafruita(m): 7:58am On Sep 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Eya sad Why you go de root for Chelsea na? You for follow me de root for Arsenal. If you win, you do thanksgiving. If you no win, na normal tin. No heartbreak for Arsenal o grin
no mind them.abrahamovich buy chelsea,all of then run go the "billionaire's club".
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 8:01am On Sep 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I'm sorry I jumped in so unceremoniously. I do understand your question, but I don't see why you think dinosaurs don't fit into the young earth theory. That's why I asked.
Apology accepted. As for the 'bolded'; you clearly misunderstood the intent of my question. The existence of dinasaurs could 'swing' either way- big monsters like leviathan and behemoth were mentioned in the bible when there are human inhabitants. Pls, note that as for me; this is not about 'winning' a debate so the idea of holding onto a theory stubbornly- to prove a point does not suffice....after all, its a theory, not a doctrine.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Delafruita(m): 8:06am On Sep 01, 2012
Goshen360:

If the bible doesn't say anything about it, I'm sorry, I don't have answer to it.

Ne comprenez-vous?
classic Goshen360 excuse."if its not in the bible,it either didnt happen or i have no answer to it".i told you earlier,the gap theory is the only sensible explanation that could align the bible with reality.all other theories like the "1day in heaven is like 1000years on earth" are just bullcrap.does that mean judgement day is equal to judgement "1000years"?
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Delafruita(m): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2012
Ihedinobi: ^ Now, I really wish you'd indicated what's wrong with the picture of dinosaurs in a young earth. I don't know if your problem with the picture is the same as the one I once had: that dinosaurs were synonymous with evolution given that they've disappeared, but there's evidence of their existence in rock strata.

This was a silly assumption by me, but I don't think it's evolution that's your problem. Perhaps it's the fact that there's evidence that some really interesting animals once existed but are nowhere to be found today.

If that's the problem, there's no need to go ahead and assume an old earth to accommodate their existence. Between the end of the Second World War and today, some species have gone extinct. It is a fact of science that the number of species currently in existence are a small percentage of the number that once existed. Millions of years aren't needed for species to vanish, just a handful of men with inordinately large appetites and an attendant poor sense of responsibility. Current times prove this out.
as in seriously,dinosaurs existed within the same timeframe as man?as in species disappeared between the second world war and today and thats meant to lend credence to the arguments for a young earth?if archeologists could dig up clay pots used during the time when joshua conquered jericho and date the pots to accurately align with the time joshua supposedly conquered jericho,why then would their dating method and accuracy be called into question when it comes to fossil record?

i believe that in about 2-3 years,we should have more information on how the universe came into existence.the NASA rover "curiosity" is expected to help with that and coupled with the information already available from Hubble,it seems science is close to discovering with certainty how the universe came into being

I'm not sure if I have answered your question about dinosaurs. I was hoping you'd clarify what your problem was.[/quote]
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 01, 2012
Delafruita:
as in seriously,dinosaurs existed within the same timeframe as man?as in species disappeared between the second world war and today and thats meant to lend credence to the arguments for a young earth?if archeologists could dig up clay pots used during the time when joshua conquered jericho and date the pots to accurately align with the time joshua supposedly conquered jericho,why then would their dating method and accuracy be called into question when it comes to fossil record?

I really can't see what's wrong with a picture having both man and dinosaur on earth at the same time. What's wrong with it?

What I hoped to show with the indication of extinction of species within a period of about 66yrs is that extinction can occur very fast. One day a species is in abundance and flourishing, the next time you look, numbers have dwindled. You look again and they've vanished. It's not a process that needs millions of years to happen.

As for radiometric dating, as I believe it's called, it's had enough false assumptions that led to erratic dating in the past and appears to be prompting enough debate in the scientific community for me to call it into question. I also know nothing about dating of clay pots used in Joshua's time. I've heard of archaeological finds that were dated, and because of the conflict I was conscious of in the returns from different dating techniques, I have never received them as conclusive.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 9:13am On Sep 01, 2012
Ihedinobi: ^ Now, I really wish you'd indicated what's wrong with the picture of dinosaurs in a young earth. I don't know if your problem with the picture is the same as the one I once had: that dinosaurs were synonymous with evolution given that they've disappeared, but there's evidence of their existence in rock strata.
Nothing wrong- Its a possibility. Adam & Eve were just in a garden and there are enough space like other continents for dinosaurs to play around. I raised the question to know how Goshen is going to accommodate it in his argument...I was going somewhere before you interrupted me wink

'gap' does not necessarily support ID's version of evolution. Darwinian evolution is nonsensical; micro-evolution(transition within species in medium term)is valid and does not lend credence to macro-evolution. I believe in a literal six day creation but i think the idea of 'gap' between Gen 1:1 and Gen1:2 -with all this scientific dating stuff, is worth considering given that their might be an accommodation for it in the bible.

I don't remotely believe in 'gradual extinction' of dinosaurs. I believe it was catastrophic. Was it pre-Adamic?... When God cursed nature due to Adam's fall?... Noah's flood?...i am open to learning on the condition that you won't be stamping 'heresy' on gap theory like Goshen360 has if my salvation depends on it.

I'm not sure if I have answered your question about dinosaurs. I was hoping you'd clarify what your problem was.

With you, I'd rather start with dating. Since you're a scientist, i'd like you to shed more light on geological dating as regards the age of the earth.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 01, 2012
^ Wow...I'm a scientist hehehe.... Yeah, I did say on a thread that I'm one, but necessarily in my attitude to information and knowledge. Anyhow, I'm currently investigating available information of radiometric dating techniques or methods. So, I'll take a bit to get to it. I don't want to pop the cherry b'fore it's ripe.

I'm sorry if I interrupted your flow about the dinosaurs. I actually don't think a catastrophe like the Flood or any pre-Adamic event was necessary for species extinction. For the Flood which is clear in the Bible, Noah preserved every living creature. That must have necessarily included them, but considering man's natural impulse to consume, their habitat was probably destroyed. Add to that destructive hunting methods and you get close to a plausible explanation for the unavailability of species such as them.

And no, I understand when people question certain interpretations of the Bible especially in light of available scientific evidence. Especially when those interpretations appear to explain apparent silence on issues on the Bible's part. I only ask that when one does so, they should do it knowing what the entire Bible has said in relation to the matter under study.

(edited)
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 9:41am On Sep 01, 2012
^ Fair enough.
On a second thought, I think it noteworthy that God mentioned 'Leviathan and Behemoth' to Job ( Post-Noah).
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by truthislight: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2012

^^^^
hmmmm!

That was beautifully done.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by truthislight: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2012
Delafruita:
classic Goshen360 excuse."if its not in the bible,it either didnt happen or i have no answer to it".i told you earlier,the gap theory is the only sensible explanation that could align the bible with reality.all other theories like the "1day in heaven is like 1000years on earth" are just bullcrap.does that mean judgement day is equal to judgement "1000years"?

yes.

Revelation 20:1-4

judgement day
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by truthislight: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2012
Delafruita:

i believe that in about 2-3 years,we should have more information on how the universe came into existence.the NASA rover "curiosity" is expected to help with that and coupled with the information already available from Hubble,it seems science is close to discovering with certainty how the universe came into being

Good.

Science has been useful,

science has been harmful.

Science has said the truth/facts

science has LIED

lets us use our heads/brain
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by truthislight: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I really can't see what's wrong with a picture having both man and dinosaur on earth at the same time. What's wrong with it?

What I hoped to show with the indication of extinction of species within a period of about 66yrs is that extinction can occur very fast. One day a species is in abundance and flourishing, the next time you look, numbers have dwindled. You look again and they've vanished. It's not a process that needs millions of years to happen.

As for radiometric dating, as I believe it's called, it's had enough false assumptions that led to erratic dating in the past and appears to be prompting enough debate in the scientific community for me to call it into question. I also know nothing about dating of clay pots used in Joshua's time. I've heard of archaeological finds that were dated, and because of the conflict I was conscious of in the returns from different dating techniques, I have never received them as conclusive.

why cant they fit in with man?

We have different species on earth and they dont always lived in the same geographical locations.

So, if we all came out from a common ancestor, it then means that all part of planet earth was not always this populated.
If you know what i mean.

I cant see anything wrong with the two living together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Open Letter To The Church: How The Church Can Make The World A Better Place / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil / 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.