Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,464 members, 7,891,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? (13950 Views)

FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown / How Is Electricity Supply After Final Take Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
I am not impressed with the almost 14hrs out of 24hrs supply in my territory (VI).....GEJ, Please expedite action on the privatization to show our critics that we, the FRESH AIR CREW own Aso Rock till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by taharqa: 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
lacasa: Gone down, 6hrs a day now undecided

Lacasa, Lacasa--but you neva agreed that it actuali went up; here you u are now reporting that it has gone down....#hypocrites
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by slimchimex(m): 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
wat eva d case may be,i need light 24hrs round d clock non stop..
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2012
hardywaltz: Less than 4hrs a day and sometimes we go several days (upto 15days) without lite. Nta Road Port Harcourt

I also live around that area, though close to redeems church. It's about 10 hours a day (mostly at night) for us there. It used to be up to 16-18hrs when barth nnaji was the power minister though.
One thing I know for sure is you guyz around that area never have electricity, it has always been no where in sight ( talking from the time of OBJ- present).
My hope is when the sub-station beside NTA is completed, we would get enough electricity from it.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Ohislee(m): 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
Light is too much here in magbon, Badagry, an average of 22hrs every day, atimes, no interruption for a full day. I am considering selling some.

Abeg na who wan buy light. wink
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by BabaAlaji(m): 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
As I de tok am now I de imjoyi ma a/c de go, in day tym lyk 4-5 hrs, but por nyt na stedi-stedi joo. Wait o what of if rain time walka kumot nko? Wahala de ooo. @ Elelenwo in PH. & dis garri of a tin o me ai no de o.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by toluxa1(m): 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2012
Here in Minna, its been great. But it seems there wasa little reduction since Prof. Barth resign.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by BabaAlaji(m): 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2012
As I de tok am now I de imjoyi ma a/c de go, in day tym lyk 4-5 hrs, but por nyt na stedi-stedi joo. Wait o what of if rain time walka kumot nko? Wahala de ooo. @ Elelenwo in PH. & dis garri of a tin o me ai no de o. grin grin grin
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by taharqa: 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2012
Henry120:

I also live around that area, though close to redeems church. It's about 10 hours a day (mostly at night) for us there. It used to be up to 16-18hrs when barth nnaji was the power minister though.
One thing I know for sure is you guyz around that area never have electricity, it has always been no where in sight ( talking from the time of OBJ- present).
My hope is when the sub-station beside NTA is completed, we would get enough electricity from it.

Point there. I stay in Benin and Asaba; we have been very light in Benin for months now(18-20 hrs) While there have been some improvements in the part of Asaba where I stay(10-14 hrs, depending on how it "enters" their heads). The problem with Asaba is the Distribution; and I do not know if there are presently any projects in my side of Asaba( I hear that there are hundreds of them in different stages of completion across the nation). Am sure of this though: when they privatize(liberize) the sector, the Disco that will be in charge of my area will do EVERYTHING 'doable' to provide me more power(that would mean really dealing with Distribution) cos that is the only way I will use more prePaid cards, else he wouldn't have any profits..so for me, the completion of the Privatization process is more important than any improvements I have seen in the last few weeks(and yes there have been some improvements)
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 02, 2012
The Electricity 4 my area stabble o. If ah fit dash people Free light electricity 4 dis thread, ah 4 don dash them... The Electricity don tire me.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by SisiKill1: 12:02am On Sep 02, 2012
Ever Since the President took over PHCN, electricity in my area has been constant. . .a whole 4hrs a day!! I never see darkness even when I close my eyes (How he accomplished that is a mystery but it just goes to show what a powerful man GEJ is).

Cold water in my house is now everywhere yanfuyanfu, I use it to wash my car, wet my plants and use it to bath but I don't because I can use hot water I boil with my electric boiling ring.

Now I can wear clothes that are well pressed. . .with iron oh not the kind of pressing you do under the mattress.

No more paying N50 to the charging boys by office to charge my battery with desktop

Although it took awhile to get used to sleeping with light. . .I think I am adapting well. Now when someone turns off the light, the instinct to go "Damn Nepa" is slowly abating.

In short. . .UP GEJ, UP PHCN and UP Nigeria! cool

. . . . This message is Brought to you by the warped mind of a GEJ Sycophant.

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Omogbhollahorn(m): 12:08am On Sep 02, 2012
ori-okuta,ikorodu,lagos. Over light dey wori us we even pray dey should interrupt it sometime to bring back old memories,or defrooze stuff,or allow us to for our regular area group gist....
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by ibehenryrocket(m): 12:11am On Sep 02, 2012
Now I can always drink cold garri. Lol
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Adanyebe(m): 12:12am On Sep 02, 2012
still epileptic
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Baba1010: 12:15am On Sep 02, 2012
Y'all should wait for the dry season and access how constant the light is
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by fexlist(m): 12:18am On Sep 02, 2012
Doing well in my area in Lagos for about a week now I hope it continue like this and improve beta in the future. Maybe the high charges making d difference now
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Emusan(m): 12:23am On Sep 02, 2012
our own worst 4rm i day on and one day off to 2wks black out

yakurr LG im coss river state.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by proudlyafrican(m): 12:29am On Sep 02, 2012
Still terrible in my area,have been without light through out the week.They brought it around 1pm today and they are yet to interrupt the supply as at the time of writing this post.I gave my Mum a Jotter this morning to keep record of when electricity is supplied and when it is interrupt on a daily basis beginning from today September 1st 2012.My bills are over estimated,yet i pay up without qualms,irrespective of the leprosy supply i get. My intention of the record keeping is stuff to the entire jotter into the mouth of the PHCN Marketing Manager in my area,when next i see him in my street,if the power supply fails to improve.

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by chiochio1(m): 12:33am On Sep 02, 2012
I stays in Los Angeles California USA, I tell you it has not been stable, 4 to 6 hours per day... undecided undecided undecided
fexlist: Doing well in my area in Lagos for about a week now I hope it continue like this and improve beta in the future. Maybe the high charges making d difference now
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by whiteybankz(m): 12:43am On Sep 02, 2012
[b][/b]here in ekosodin area of benin city, its bee very ok, @least 18/24
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by yemi2plus(m): 12:44am On Sep 02, 2012
I live in benin (wire road) 4 gud 7days nw we hav lite...abeg nepa abi na phcn or pdp make una take lite i nor need am again.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by igbeke: 12:47am On Sep 02, 2012
i live in ilado (via whishpering palm) area of badagry. b4 now, it used 2 be less than 3hrs in a whole week. it was so bad that PHCN dont even bother coming 2 share bills, so we dont pay at all.
now i can tell u that for d past 2 weeks, electricity is about 5% less than 100% constant everyday.
kudos 2 GEJ.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by StepG: 12:50am On Sep 02, 2012
Rizstar: For me, the have been a drastic reduction in power supply in my area since the resignation of proff barth.

bless u bros.same observation I had.I even told my boss in the office how power supply reduce immediately in my area after the resignation of the power minister.I wouldn't know if it is mere coincidence or deliberate.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Sep 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Ever Since the President took over PHCN, electricity in my area has been constant. . .a whole 4hrs a day!! I never see darkness even when I close my eyes (How he accomplished that is a mystery but it just goes to show what a powerful man GEJ is).

Cold water in my house is now everywhere yanfuyanfu, I use it to wash my car, wet my plants and use it to bath but I don't because I can use hot water I boil with my electric boiling ring.

Now I can wear clothes that are well pressed. . .with iron oh not the kind of pressing you do under the mattress.

No more paying N50 to the charging boys by office to charge my battery with desktop

Although it took awhile to get used to sleeping with light. . .I think I am adapting well. Now when someone turns off the light, the instinct to go "Damn Nepa" is slowly abating.

In short. . .UP GEJ, UP PHCN and UP Nigeria! cool

. . . . This message is Brought to you by the warped mind of a GEJ Sycophant.

FRESH AIR!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by brightmon: 1:21am On Sep 02, 2012
who send you to ask this question, sha na Jonathan? Why not ask what is the level of corruption or unempolyment in your area.
Una get river for back of ur house, dey give you a cup of water to drink and you dey happy dey jump, say u drink water today? Funny.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by PoloYoung(m): 1:21am On Sep 02, 2012
Has the NAPA call of their strike? In my place, delta state obiaruku in nigeria all we know is that since mr Ebele got into site all we know is NAPA'S are on strike when did they resume work?
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by igbo2011(m): 1:37am On Sep 02, 2012
Its 2012 we should have constant light by now. We need lights in order to boost our economy.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by savcy(m): 1:39am On Sep 02, 2012
mako007: . True talk I live around there too, mehn its lite galoure. PHCN is working, 9ja is moving.
Cos ua 'priviledged' 2 have power,9ja is moving eh??
To whoever it concerns:
Is Port-Harcourt(a major economic city) part of the plans of PHCN?? Power supply over here is plummeting by d day. We used 2 get 1-4hrs/24 b4. Nw,we dnt even c it anymore. angry
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by Emmyrushy(m): 1:42am On Sep 02, 2012
In ma area mafoluku at oshodi in lagos. We always av power 72hrs n more. If dey won take am sef, it wont reach 20mins they wil bring it back. I dnt rush 2 iron ma clothes.
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by monosetale: 2:21am On Sep 02, 2012
Valiantvaliant: Ours is almost the same with the supply of garri nyafu-nyafu.
FYI . I reserve the right to remain unbanned since i said 'supply' not 'price' which to the best of my knowledge is'nt prohibited. Ryt?? **chuckles nervously**
Wait oh.have the mods banned the term price if garri on nairaland?? Like seriously.I really enjoyed using that word *em em.Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω does that affect the priiiiiiz* . =))•´¨) 
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸¸.•´(¸.•´(¸.• =)) нaнaнaнaнa
Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by rightlagos: 2:59am On Sep 02, 2012
In my area, ketu, Lagos, d power supply has been stable for d past weeks. Average of 20 hours a day & some days uninterrupted (b/4 & after d resignation of d prof). Since I was born in Naija, I have never witnessed such a stable power supply in my area. Just dey happy cos if na like dis e dey be, I'm sure generator dealers will soon pack commot. Kudos 2 Jonathan 4 this.

1 Like

Re: How Is Electricity Supply In Your Area? by rightlagos: 3:05am On Sep 02, 2012
savcy:
Cos ua 'priviledged' 2 have power,9ja is moving eh??
To whoever it concerns:
Is Port-Harcourt(a major economic city) part of the plans of PHCN?? Power supply over here is plummeting by d day. We used 2 get 1-4hrs/24 b4. Nw,we dnt even c it anymore. angry
In d program, 60 minutes with Angela, ur govenor said he had generated hundreds of megawatts that is even more than enough for d whole of Rivers state. Pls ask him wetin happen na!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari In A Bilateral Meeting With Martin Schulz, President Of The EU Parliament / Aisha Buhari Presents Cheques To Chibok Girls Families, Others / Ortom Would Lose 2019 Governorship Election If He Remains In APC- John Akperashi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.