Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,386 members, 7,950,822 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:12 PM

Obama For President? - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama For President? (20370 Views)

Poll: Would you vote for him if you could?

Yes: 75% (109 votes)
No: 24% (35 votes)
This poll has ended

Alert: Isis Posts Photos Thanking Obama For What They Just Got From Him [photos] / Republicans Criticize Obama For Going On Vacation (Pictures) / Everibody Done Turn To Obama For Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama For President? by Blackcat(f): 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2008
Obama has won the Presidential race.
Re: Obama For President? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2008
Re: Obama For President? by RichyBlacK(m): 4:46am On Feb 20, 2008
Obama wins Wisconsin!
Re: Obama For President? by loma(m): 8:14am On Feb 20, 2008
Folks, I just came back from the Obama rally at the Toyota Center in Houston. It was historic!

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise to welcome the winner of the Winsconsin primaries, and the next President of the United States of America,

I felt a part of history. His speech was even more inspiring standing few feet away from me. Obama in flesh and blood.Texas, Yes we can!
Re: Obama For President? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:02am On Feb 20, 2008
@Ioma

What's the capacity of the Toyota Center?

Was it full to capacity?

Thanks.
Re: Obama For President? by fatherab1: 10:13am On Feb 20, 2008
Be it in sports (check major international clubs), be it in governance (remember Koffi Anan) even in religion etc BLACK PEOPLE ARE NATURAL LEADERS/GURUS. Forget the fact that slavery has affected us negatively, look at the African continent as A GUN, observe NIGERIA as the TRIGER.
GO OBAMA! NO SHAKING!!
Re: Obama For President? by lakeside4love(m): 10:21am On Feb 20, 2008
Is it a tactical move or something?Or why is Mccain n Clinton both attacking Obama?

Me think they r just sooo jealous n scared of him, Why cant they make their own promises(Speeches) that the american will believe in than critising another candidate speeches,
Re: Obama For President? by Horus(m): 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2008
Obama scores 10 to zero with big win in Wisconsin and Hawaii

Barack Obama decisively won the Wisconsin primary last night as well as caucus voting in Hawaii, leaving his opponent for the Democratic presidential nomination, Hillary Clinton, if not quite in the dust then certainly battling the perception that her once formidable campaign has started to fade. Mrs Clinton, long considered the front-runner of her party, has been rolled over by Mr Obama in 10 successive contests since Super Tuesday two weeks ago. He not only snatched Wisconsin, once considered favourable to Mrs Clinton, but did so by an unexpectedly wide margin, partly by mining constituencies that were meant to be friendly to her. Projected results from the Pacific archipelago of Hawaii were even more lopsided. Senator Obama was always heavily favoured in the islands where he was born and where he spent most of his school years.

And indeed he easily overwhelmed Mrs Clinton by a margin of three to one in caucus voting that saw an unsually heavy turn-out among island voters.It was a good night for John McCain too. After easily beating Mike Huckabee in Wisconsin, he put aside his well-advertised superstition to acknowledge that his taking the nomination was now no longer in doubt. With a win similarly last night in Washington State, the Arizona Senator continues to edge ever closer to the 1,191 delegates he needs finally to seal his party's nod. Mrs Clinton had fought hard in Wisconsin, resorting in recent days to negative attacks against her opponent in a frantic bid to halt his sudden burst of momentum. Not only did she fail, but last night she watched as Mr Obama defeated her in almost every region of the state and with nearly every type of voter, including blue collar workers and white males. Even among white woman, he and she were tied. With every loss she suffers, the job for Mrs Clinton only becomes more difficult. Her campaign has insisted that she will finally turn back the tide of Barack on 4 March when two states with huge numbers of delegates, Ohio and Texas, go to the polls. Winning at least one of them is now not only important for the former First Lady, it has become imperative. She knows, moreover, that with his sudden streak of victories  he now has taken 22 states against her 11 .Mr Obama is generating a new psychology around his campaign that is likely to infect the minds of voters in all those states that have not yet voiced their preferences. People like winners. It is notable that while poll after poll in delegate-rich Texas showed Mrs Clinton comfortably in the lead for weeks, a CNN poll this week showed Mr Obama almost even with her. There is also the crucial matter of the nearly 800 super-delegates who may have the power to tilt the balance in favour of one or the other of the runners if they remain essentially tied at convention time. Both camps have been wooing them feverishly. But Mr Obama can expect to have an easier time winning their loyalty as he chalks up new victories across the country. As the networks last night first projected Mr Obama as the victor in Wisconsin, a hoarse Mrs Clinton was on stage at a rally in Youngstown, Ohio. It was telling that every cable news cable cut her off in mid-sentence when Mr Obama began speaking at a rally of his own in Houston, Texas. "Houston, I think we achieved lift-off here," Mr Obama told a cheering audience after revealing his success in far-away Wisconsin. "The change we seek is still months and miles away, and we need the good people of Texas to help us get there." Mrs Clinton, by contrast, omitted all mention of her Wisconsin loss, although aides said she did telephone her rival to congratulate him. But at the microphone she targeted Mr Obama for not having the necessary experience to be President. "Both Senator Obama and I would make history," she declared. "But only one of us is ready on day one to be commander in chief, ready to manage our economy, and ready to defeat the Republicans. Only one of us has spent 35 years being a doer, a fighter and a champion for those who need a voice." In Hawaii, Mrs Clinton benefited from heavy support from most of the Pineapple State union movement as well as from its popular senior Senator, Daniel Inouye. Her daughter, Chelsea, meanwhile, spent the last several days campaigning in the islands. In the end, however, none of this helped beat off Mr Obama and his home-boy advantage. While Mr McCain was celebrating, Republican pundits noted that turn-out in Wisconsin among party members had been extremely well. The comparative lack of enthusiasm in the party does not bode well for a battle against the Democrats in November. "For the Republicans this was a very disturbing night because of the turnout," David Frum, a Republican strategist warned.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/obama-scores-10-to-zero-with-big-win-in-wisconsin-and-hawaii-784424.html
Re: Obama For President? by tekia(m): 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2008
Where do you live?
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada ,New Hampshire,, New Jersey ,New Mexico ,New York, North Carolina ,North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina ,South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah ,Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin ,Wyoming.

WWW.BARAKOBAMAFORAMERICA.COM
Re: Obama For President? by loma(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@Ioma

What's the capacity of the Toyota Center?

Was it full to capacity?

Thanks.

About 20,000 capacity and it was packed full!
Re: Obama For President? by marxx: 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2008
What is Obama going to do with Iraq n Afhangistan? What is his' way out? The world is watching
Re: Obama For President? by Horus(m): 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
Barack Obama after winning Wisconsin - 1
Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JfRWwZNv6FA&feature=user

Barack Obama after winning Wisconsin - 2
Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R1AvNqnramA&feature=user
Re: Obama For President? by Blackcat(f): 9:33am On Apr 02, 2008
OBAMA is the next President of the U.S. of A.
Re: Obama For President? by Blackcat(f): 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2008
The time for change is here. OBAMA has won! grin
Re: Obama For President? by Seun(m): 12:09am On Apr 13, 2008
smiley

Re: Obama For President? by Orimili(m): 3:12am On Apr 13, 2008
And suppose he wins the democratic nomination, and possibly, the Presidency. How will things be any different? All of this excitement over someone who is going to bring the same nonsense that everyone else brought.
Re: Obama For President? by Blackcat(f): 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2008
Orimili:

And suppose he wins the democratic nomination, and possibly, the Presidency. How will things be any different? All of this excitement over someone who is going to bring the same nonsense that everyone else brought.

CHANGE,MAKE HISTORY etc
Re: Obama For President? by Orimili(m): 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2008
Blackcat:

CHANGE,MAKE HISTORY etc

Are you being serious? Ok, he will make history as being the first half-black president of the united states(who wasn't even raised by black parents). After that, what? What practical change will he bring? What will he do for the economy, foreign relations, and the war in Iraq, besides being "black" and "change?" I feel as if i am going crazy because I have not heard ONE THING that makes him any different from the other characters running for president. If Americans can't look beyond nice speeches, skin color, and music videos and catch phrases to select their leader, I fear for the future of a once great country.
Re: Obama For President? by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Apr 22, 2008
Orimili:

Are you being serious? Ok, he will make history as being the first half-black president of the united states(who wasn't even raised by black parents). After that, what? What practical change will he bring? What will he do for the economy, foreign relations, and the war in Iraq, besides being "black" and "change?" I feel as if i am going crazy because I have not heard ONE THING that makes him any different from the other characters running for president. If Americans can't look beyond nice speeches, skin color, and music videos and catch phrases to select their leader, I fear for the future of a once great country.

good point
Re: Obama For President? by nwandolina(f): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2008
let's see what happens in Pennsylvania tonite.
My obama will do it again
Re: Obama For President? by spoilt(f): 11:17pm On Apr 22, 2008
thats a creepy picture of both runners.
[s]is that nwandolina of the nwando fame? get banned again? [/s]
Re: Obama For President? by 4Him1(m): 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2008
nwandolina:

let's see what happens in Pennsylvania tonight.
My obama will do it again

Not even Obama believes that. If he keeps the defeat within single digits he'll be fine.
Re: Obama For President? by spoilt(f): 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2008
Hilary should give up. with her exaggerated stories of snipers. Im finding it harder and harder to take her seriously. grin
Re: Obama For President? by TheSly: 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2008
He avowedly said he is not Gonna win but he is expecting a close chase. . . we all know PA belongs to Clinton
Can't wait till 8 though cool
Re: Obama For President? by nwandolina(f): 1:54am On Apr 23, 2008
4 Him:

Not even Obama believes that. If he keeps the defeat within single digits he'll be fine.

lol.
by the way david,the answer to your question about Ifeanyi Arinze is no
Re: Obama For President? by Ijiji1(m): 2:22am On Apr 23, 2008
HRC just won PA. "big dill" She was projected to win that state months ago. I'm just so sick of how the press is now spinning the win in her favor. I just pray the supers will come out and end this nonsense.
Re: Obama For President? by outlaws(m): 9:08am On Apr 25, 2008
cool

This campaign is getting boring every day. It seems like every month they are just starting a new fight. It doesn’t really matter who wins the primary, the main presidential race is what matters. Obama and Hillary should team up [this fight going on is a waste of money I can use on a new business] for the November elections or republicans will lead again for 8 years.
Re: Obama For President? by Blackcat(f): 10:20am On Apr 28, 2008
Orimili:

Visit http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/04/28/america/NA-POL-US-Elections.php or any obama sites, there you will find answers to all your questions.
Re: Obama For President? by Blackcat(f): 11:15am On Jun 04, 2008
President Obama we hail thee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;d
Re: Obama For President? by NextLevel1: 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2008
And it is looking increasingly likely too. It was as if the writers of "24" knew this day was going to come as well by casting "David Palmer" as the president.

In Barack Obama's case, he was destined for this moment. His birth was not an accident. He had a real purpose in life. And he is just about to realise that purpose. Even an avanlanche of cobwebs cannot prevent an elephant from trudging on.

Here is to your victory in advance, President Barak Obama. The first African- American president.

ps: Certain people may not like the fact that you are in the white house sir. Thank God, it's a free country. They are free to leave the country if they decide to, just like white folks move out of an area if it is being populated by black people.

And since you have the power of discretion at your hands sir, you may decide to paint the white house "black" (just for a laugh lasting only a few hours). ha, ha haha, grin

Now that will really really make your opponents aggressively angry. Baba McCain might need someone to support him so that he doesn't pass out if that happens.
Re: Obama For President? by slimsaintt(m): 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2008
am an obama fan
i love your write up
you can visit www.obama-slimsaintt..com
Re: Obama For President? by slimsaintt(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2008

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

US Brands India’s Response To Ukraine War ‘Unsatisfactory / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 / Is Nelson Mandela Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.