Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,064 members, 7,906,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 07:21 PM

Obama For President? - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama For President? (20266 Views)

Poll: Would you vote for him if you could?

Yes: 75% (109 votes)
No: 24% (35 votes)
This poll has ended

Alert: Isis Posts Photos Thanking Obama For What They Just Got From Him [photos] / Republicans Criticize Obama For Going On Vacation (Pictures) / Everibody Done Turn To Obama For Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama For President? by Horus(m): 7:56pm On Jan 09, 2008

Official Website of Barack Obama 2008 Presidential Campaign.
www.barackobama.com
Re: Obama For President? by buluti(m): 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2008
@ I-man, i wished i had a lot of time to engage you am so busy i cant even read all comments, i removed my comments cos i really cant keep up with the debate hopefully end next week i shld have the time.

You are wrong no one has committed to numbers and a definate timetable thats the difference you can see you dont know the details. Thats what Bush threathened to veto when he asked senate to approve more funds he and the likes of Hillary insist there should be no numbers and definate time table for withdrawal. She talks of withdrawal but no commitments, you uses the clause right time.

Has all the war stopped nuclear proliferation and captured Al-queda, and you are here talking up side down, when Libya decided to stop being a rogue state what happened to the Lockabie bombing issue, Oloku I-man, you know only one way and another way to you is rubbish becos its not war.

Iran, Syaria and the likes definately know the whereabouts of the top echoleon of Al-queda and can give then up with the right incentives, war solves nothing today what do we have Saddam is out but iraq is unstable what a success story.
Re: Obama For President? by bagoma(f): 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2008
my heart and prayers goes to Obama.
Re: Obama For President? by bawomol(m): 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2008
Iran, Syaria and the likes definately know the whereabouts of the top echoleon of Al-queda and can give then up with the right incentives, war solves nothing today what do we have Saddam is out but iraq is unstable what a success story.

iranian and syrians are shia while al qaeda is a sunni organization. both sides don't operate together. iran and syria control hezbollah not al qaeda
Re: Obama For President? by Horus(m): 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2008
Re: Obama For President? by McKren(m): 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2008
please for those in usa

please who organises the democratic primary elections, is it the country's electoral comission or is it organised inhouse by the democratic party?
Re: Obama For President? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 09, 2008
McKren:

please for those in usa

please who organises the democratic primary elections, is it the country's electoral comission or is it organised inhouse by the democratic party?

States and local governments organise the primaries themselves on dates they choose. No INEC for hia.
Re: Obama For President? by McKren(m): 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2008
Who is in charge, the Government or the Party ?
Re: Obama For President? by cute9jaguy(m): 11:15pm On Jan 09, 2008
I pray he does win,but come to think of it,Americans will prefer a woman wins to Obama,they will feel insecure if a black leads them! its been proven. you all know.I do really wish he wins.
Re: Obama For President? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2008
McKren:

Who is in charge, the Government or the Party ?

government
Re: Obama For President? by McKren(m): 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2008
Better, at least we know that there is some limit to the powers of the democratic establishment which Obama is up against - though thats all things being equal.

However I like the way Obama conceeded defeat and congratulated clinton after New Hampshire.
Re: Obama For President? by Iman3(m): 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2008
buluti:

You are wrong no one has committed to numbers and a definate timetable thats the difference you can see you don't know the details. Thats what Bush threathened to veto when he asked senate to approve more funds he and the likes of Hillary insist there should be no numbers and definate time table for withdrawal. She talks of withdrawal but no commitments, you uses the clause right time.

Why bother with an unabashed ignoramus.

If you think the Shia Govts of Iran and Syria will deliver al-Qaeda,a Sunni group to America,no need debating further.
Re: Obama For President? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:08am On Jan 10, 2008
davidylan:

government

davidylan, point of correction, the government is not involved in primaries, at least the so-called "tax-payer money" does not go into organizing primaries.
Re: Obama For President? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:16am On Jan 10, 2008
The funds used to finance primaries comes from the parties, the candidates and "matching funds" from the government. These matching funds, are not significant and goes to the candidates. Candidates sometimes reject them. The counties, cities, towns and villages only give logistic support, e.g. providing space for election, etc. Even extra security (beyond the regular police presence) is paid for by the candidates and parties. Both the RNC and the DNC coordinate with the candidates to ensure a hitch-free exercise.
Re: Obama For President? by lailai2(m): 12:41am On Jan 10, 2008
obama needs to be more aggresive on his stance, clinton is really up for it

the game is just starting, i hope obama dosen't wade out like howard dean did
Re: Obama For President? by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 10, 2008
Thanks for the correction RichyBlack . . . i was a little hazy on that point.
Re: Obama For President? by Emad(f): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2008
i really want him to win
but i also know America is ready for a Female president but
i do not know whether they are really ready for a Black president just yet
sad
Re: Obama For President? by moondust(m): 9:42am On Jan 10, 2008
Obama will win and capture Osama 4 sure!
Re: Obama For President? by kosovo(m): 9:46am On Jan 10, 2008
JOBLESS PEOPLE
Re: Obama For President? by Emad(f): 9:51am On Jan 10, 2008
Kosovo are u an employer? i have a few nieces and nephews who need jobs,
oh sorry now i see what you meant
Re: Obama For President? by 9ja4eva: 10:08am On Jan 10, 2008
OBAMA FOR A CHANGE
Re: Obama For President? by Blackcat(f): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2008
Obama will win and America will have its first Black President and Black first lady.
Re: Obama For President? by kennie89: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2008
I dont think Obama can become the President of USA. He really did bad by not taking good care of his grandmother there ın Kenya.
check www.youtube.com and search for 'Obama ancestral home and grandmother'
you will understand wot am trying to point out after watching thıs.
Re: Obama For President? by seabiotics(m): 10:49am On Jan 10, 2008
@Nwando,

Seriously, you are a hoot grin  grin

Your comments, tantrums, and innate "obsession" for Obama to get into the White house has had me in stitches on this thread. Na wa o, you wan win contract?

On the surface, there is a noticeable paradigm shift in American politics. Invariably, the litmus test for choosing a candidate to run for the highest office in America is now based on the likeability factor and I hasten to add, conjectures. Little or no regard is paid to policies anymore.

Presumably, some informed electorates that still cling to this important element rarely take the time to digest such policies to see if in the long term they seem feasible and practicable.

Can Obama win the Presidency I ask? I was shocked to read some comments stating that he hasn't got the experience to pull off a victory. Maybe so. Some have highlighted the fact that America is not ready for an African-American president? Anything can happen, regardless of the lack of experience. Should the issue of race come into this? The question is as intricatingly difficult to answer as it is to predict who will win the presidency. One thing I do know is that he is a person and the issue of his race should not come into the race. If his policies are sound and he is able to sway the voters with the X-factor he possesses, he can win.

Can Hilary win? Why not. Funnily enough, she may garner enough votes mainly from women to see her enter the white house a second time. Does the issue of gender come in this? Judging by how she won in NH, maybe so. But overall, will it be enough for her to win the Presidency?

Can McCain win? Why not. He may not have the likeable factor, but he stands a good chance. Will he be able to covet the votes of the older generation to secure victory? Will his war record stand him in good stead?

My point is this: Why do people vote nowadays? From the three case studies I have shared, the issue of gender, a person's likeability factor, and a person's war record seems to be the yardstick with which the American electorate base their preference for a particular candidate rather than dwell on the significant issue regarding a sustainable leadership quality, vision and pragmatic policies that can effect a real change in the American polity.

I may be wrong, but these are my observations. Your thoughts everyone.
Re: Obama For President? by Horus(m): 11:02am On Jan 10, 2008

Yes We Can!! Yes Barack Obama for President!!
No one asked if America was ready to see a black man in Major League Baseball. It wasn’t–until the right man, Jackie Robinson, accepted the challenge and made the most of it, and in the process changed America forever. Nor did anyone ask if America was ready for the first black CEOs of multinational corporations such as American Express, TimeWarner, or Aetna. When the best candidates for those positions happened to be black, the way was cleared for Kenneth Chenault, Richard Parsons, and Ron Williams. Similarly, Barack Obama is the right person, in the right place, at the right time to be America’s next president. If we continue to lend credence to the idea that it can’t happen, that America as a nation is not "ready" (whatever that means), then it won’t.We have to be optimistic with unity. The proof of whether America is ready or not should be determined on Election Days,and not by political pundits or polls. Yes We Can!! Yes Barack Obama for President!!
Tell all your friends and familly who live in America to VOTE Barack Obama NOW.
Re: Obama For President? by initiator(m): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2008
Judging by the trends, people would vote more with their hearts than with their heads. Thats why obama, with all his vagaries is making an impressive run.

The man is an inspiring persona, no doubt, but i always want to see a republican occupy the white house especially those with strong social stance on abortion, gay marriage and stem cell research. Huckabee, romney and mcain just fit the bill for me. Obama is long on the 'wow effect' but short on persuasive detail.
Re: Obama For President? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 10, 2008
right this right that.

Horus:

Barack Obama is the right person, in the right place, at the right time to be America’s next president. If we continue to lend credence to the idea that it can’t happen, that America as a nation is not "ready" (whatever that means), then it won’t.

let's tell each other the truth. america will give a woman/dog/goat/ the presidency, before they will give a black, jew, et c. they are more open to the idea of a female president than a black one. if germany has a female chancellor, america will prefer to manage clinton even if she's a dumb blonde (which she mos def isnt, just trying to prove a point).

it's not about "not being ready" sugar. it just aint gonna happen in your time.

tell me honestly. if u were there during bush's first and second election, horus, did u vote for him? but isnt he there today? what happend to those florida votes darling?
Re: Obama For President? by toshmann(m): 11:47am On Jan 10, 2008
Obama president? you guys are good dreamers grin grin grin
wake up dudes. be real. if that guy gets the democratic nomination i'll change my name wink

he's great but this is america. recently some guys educated me on something called W.A.S.P . these dudes will not let that happen
Re: Obama For President? by otuonye(m): 11:50am On Jan 10, 2008
toshmann:

Obama president? you guys are good dreamers grin grin grin
wake up dudes. be real. if that guy gets the democratic nomination i'll change my name wink

he's great but this is america. recently some guys educated me on something called W.A.S.P . these dudes will not let that happen

I love that guy. I think he has the best plan to lead America and world forward. FOrget the WASP that they taught you about. They were only polluting your mind. The guy is out there to change the way things are done.
Re: Obama For President? by moondust(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2008
kosovo:

JOBLESS PEOPLE
look who's talkin!
go get a life, dork!
Re: Obama For President? by Blackcat(f): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2008
Horus:

Yes We Can!! Yes Barack Obama for President!!
No one asked if America was ready to see a black man in Major League Baseball. It wasn’t–until the right man, Jackie Robinson, accepted the challenge and made the most of it, and in the process changed America forever. Nor did anyone ask if America was ready for the first black CEOs of multinational corporations such as American Express, TimeWarner, or Aetna. When the best candidates for those positions happened to be black, the way was cleared for Kenneth Chenault, Richard Parsons, and Ron Williams. Similarly, Barack Obama is the right person, in the right place, at the right time to be America’s next president. If we continue to lend credence to the idea that it can’t happen, that America as a nation is not "ready" (whatever that means), then it won’t.We have to be optimistic with unity. The proof of whether America is ready or not should be determined on Election Days,and not by political pundits or polls. Yes We Can!! Yes Barack Obama for President!!
Tell all your friends and familly who live in America to VOTE Barack Obama NOW.

I'm loving you right now Horus.
Nwando I love you too.
Yes Obama will win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obama For President? by BigB11(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2008
We should always embrace one another regardless of any invisible obstacles being thrown at us to divide or slow down our progress in this world.

Obama as the next president of United States is not only going to empower the strength and psychological state of African Americans in United States, but will also send a positive message all over the world that Black is beautiful, powerful and incredible in every single way.

H. Clinton is OK, but don't be a fool, let us all take it to the next level together; OBAMA all the way!

Big B1.
Jan, 2008

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Mike Pence Disinvited From Wisconsin Lutheran Commencement Speech / Andrew Tate Charged With Rape, Human Trafficking in Romania / Beijing Hospital Fire Leaves 29 Dead, Patients Flee Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.