Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,049 members, 7,919,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:28 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1902494 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (911) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ubechu1(m): 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
lomaxx:

Your question is: Why is GI motility antegrade(peristalsis) or retrograde(ant-peristalsis)?

Stimulus.

•Stimulus for peristalsis is food in the gut
WHILE
•Stimulus for anti-peristalsis are GI distension, mucosal irritation, psychic stimuli(fear, odour), vestibular disturbances (motion sickness)

Different stimuli will produce different response.

Using vagal input as a criteria to differentiate between peristalsis and anti-peristalsis is not sufficient. Because these processes are not controlled by neural mechanisms alone. Take away vagus nerve from the GIT, and you will still have peristalsis and anti-peristalsis.

Remember the enteric nervous system?

During my first lecture in GI physiology, Prof. Osim concluded that the complexities of the control of GI processes by the sympathetic and parasympathetic system are enormous. One of such led to the proposal of the enteric nervous system.

Why?

Sympathetic And Parasympathetic control are not sufficient to explain all.

PS: Don't be too hard on yourself. Even the consultants know we don't have all the answers.
wowww! U are a genius, which medical college are u in and what level? Or better still just PM me with your phone No, cos i hv many things bugging my mind....tnx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:01am On Oct 17, 2013
Ubechu1: wowww! U are a genius, which medical college are u in and what level? Or better still just PM me with your phone No, cos i hv many things bugging my mind....tnx

You have mail.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jjagz: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2013
Lomaxx o! Ame nwod! See tightness na.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
Lomax is a phenom!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by practicalclass: 12:16am On Oct 18, 2013
please any news about LASUTH house job application.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
Sir Lagusta....Pls gist me abt COBES posting@ilorin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Sir Lagusta....Pls gist me abt COBES posting@ilorin

Cobes (community based experience and services) is a vey interesting learning experience where students are posted into a new environment, interact with the people, prioritize their health needs, calculate findings and submit reports to the department. You will also present your findings in the form of a seminar.......

please, when you get to ilorin, let's see, we need to talk!!!! smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 19, 2013
Lagusta:

Cobes (community based experience and services) is a vey interesting learning experience where students are posted into a new environment, interact with the people, prioritize their health needs, calculate findings and submit reports to the department. You will also present your findings in the form of a seminar.......

please, when you get to ilorin, let's see, we need to talk!!!! smiley
Wl b goin on monday for registeration n to solve hostel ish....
How cn i reach u sir?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
hello!
2 al da medics in da house. pls, i want 2 knw ow many exams mbbs
students do write in a year. any medical student shud add me up on
facebook wit dz name: SHALOM DANIELS or beta stl message me or add me on whatsapp wit dz no;
08182943437. Thanx and God bless.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:

Wl b goin on monday for registeration n to solve hostel ish....
How cn i reach u sir?

Whatsapp: +2347033422401

2go: idris930
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yemmytcm(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2013
Boluzie ! You're on my mind o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Boluzie(m): 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
yemmytcm: Boluzie ! You're on my mind o
yemmytcm don't b annoyed,i will get in touch with you sooner than u tink.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
practicalclass: please any news about LASUTH house job application.
application? The interview was done on Oct 7th, we're xpectin d result dis wk

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
michy99: I'v bin followin dis thread 4 a wile now. I am a med n surg student..in university of calabar,200 lvl.
i gues as a 200lvl doc ur nw @d teachng hosp, pls do let me knw when d internship(medical) forms are out. Thnks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by michy99(f): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
m nt in skul buh i ld try ma bst 2 let u no wen d internship forms r awt

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardmanvicky(m): 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
Saw Sr. Lagusta today and I was happy. He advised us(talkin of me and dr. Hesjay). We enjoyed d time used wif him. Kudos to u sir.
Meehn. I got new encouragement today nt to stop bt move (one step at a time)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Godspowero(m): 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
hardmanvicky: Saw Sr. Lagusta today and I was happy. He advised us(talkin of me and dr. Hesjay). We enjoyed d time used wif him. Kudos to u sir.
guy,wot us de outcome of oke oyi?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardmanvicky(m): 7:10am On Oct 22, 2013
Godspowero:
we were told 2 register all d ccourse, pay and come back for signin.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 22, 2013
Yea....Kudos to him....
May God reward him.,..
The words i got yesterday are enough fuel to drive me through.....
hardmanvicky: Saw Sr. Lagusta today and I was happy. He advised us(talkin of me and dr. Hesjay). We enjoyed d time used wif him. Kudos to u sir.
God bless you sir Lagusta
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 22, 2013
It was something else bro....we were like 7 or 8 there sef...
No need to go if u vnt paid..Just pay,take d necessary documents n go there....
Godspowero:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hoyeenz(f): 8:14am On Oct 22, 2013
Happy birthday to Lomaxx. Gburg
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by taiocol: 8:36am On Oct 22, 2013
♦ On your birthday, you can
party till the cows come home.
Just be careful where you step.
Happy Birthday! LOMAXX smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2013
Today is my sweetheart's birthday!
Take this first kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Honey, from the depth of my heart, I wish u many good best things that the universe can afford a wonderful man like you're!

BRB!
NB: i wana warn all the e-badu jolosi pipu in advance to stay off this thread today. I cannot resuscitate anybody. tongue

TenQ!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babalola1990: 11:14am On Oct 22, 2013
:DHibernation mode deactivated! I don miss alot. Adeleye and Hesjay, I see you guys!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2013
I have been a silent follower of this thread because I was a BMS student then.So I wrote UTME this year and luckily i was admitted into MBBS Anambra state university so am deactivating ghostmood now.Goodmorning Fellow Medics
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 22, 2013
whizbrain: I have been a silent follower of this thread because I was a BMS student then.So I wrote UTME this year and luckily i was admitted into MBBS Anambra state university so am deactivating ghostmood now.Goodmorning Fellow Medics

Morning sweets!
Congratulations on ur admission!
Grab ur own mat and spread on the thread!

TenQ!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
October is a great month, October-born are great people...... happy birthday to doctor lomaxx wishing you wisdom and understanding....
Enjoy your day, omo 22...22, ahh even page 122.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by snave007(m): 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
HBD.... Dr Lomaxx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
Boss mii,i see ya too o..me don commot ilorin sha...
Hv u paid?
As for me,dat hostel things na wahala o..d thing don taya me sef
Babalola1990: :DHibernation mode deactivated! I don miss alot. Adeleye and Hesjay, I see you guys!

Happy bday sir Lomaxx!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
alutacontinua:

Morning sweets!
Congratulations on ur admission!
Grab ur own mat and spread on the thread!

TenQ!
Hehehehehe...Tnx dear.Na 9inches foam i spread.Will neva leave this thread till i quench.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
Happy Birthday Dr. Lomaxx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
Hbd lomaxx, llnp, God's blessings..........

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (911) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.