Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,544 members, 7,941,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1915028 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
TONYE001:

No, he isn't.

Computer Science..
aiit, can i av ur fbk id ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
FOLARORI: thanks bros , d sch is Unilorin ...
d second list z out jes yestdays evnin..so wasup bro...testimony..cos i sabi wetin my skul fit do...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
faboben10:
aiit, can i av ur fbk id ?

Hmmm... Permit me, please, to suggest that we stick to Nairaland for now..

Thanks... smiley

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
TONYE001:

Thanks... smiley
not so bros na.
A little communication won't hurt, will it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
TONYE001:

Thanks... smiley
aiit sir

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dcrownnn(f): 11:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
pls.,i want to know about medical rehabilitation nd is it a gud course
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
Haa ! My boss , infact d case seems puzzling nw because i've seen messages sent by unilorin to my phone number n my mail box { 7 messages each } that i've been given a provisional admission without specifying my given course their , then i rushed to their portal to check it , but wht i met there is awful to me because d portal kept saying i've not been recomended for admission ... So this is giving me tough time n perplexity ... Infact i don't knw wht to do nw ...but i hope i will finally b given my prefered dearly course mbbs ... My boss pls i don't knw if u can puzzle out this for me in anyway ... Advise wise or any other ways pls ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 7:41am On Sep 27, 2014
FOLARORI: Haa ! My boss , infact d case seems puzzling nw because i've seen messages sent by unilorin to my phone number n my mail box { 7 messages each } that i've been given a provisional admission without specifying my given course their , then i rushed to their portal to check it , but wht i met there is awful to me because d portal kept saying i've not been recomended for admission ... So this is giving me tough time n perplexity ... Infact i don't knw wht to do nw ...but i hope i will finally b given my prefered dearly course mbbs ... My boss pls i don't knw if u can puzzle out this for me in anyway ... Advise wise or any other ways pls ...

Hello,

I think you should pay the school's Admission Office a visit...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kondoboy(m): 7:45am On Sep 27, 2014
FOLARORI: Haa ! My boss , infact d case seems puzzling nw because i've seen messages sent by unilorin to my phone number n my mail box { 7 messages each } that i've been given a provisional admission without specifying my given course their , then i rushed to their portal to check it , but wht i met there is awful to me because d portal kept saying i've not been recomended for admission ... So this is giving me tough time n perplexity ... Infact i don't knw wht to do nw ...but i hope i will finally b given my prefered dearly course mbbs ... My boss pls i don't knw if u can puzzle out this for me in anyway ... Advise wise or any other ways pls ...
bro....check ur admission status on jamb site....the more reassuring
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abasstoheeb(m): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2014
faboben10:
i did basic in 2011, yeah it z quite competitive i must confess. Med & surg z always d most populated departmt.
D best 10 students will unarguably be admitted on merit basis. D southerners have an edge after d merit, but luck and God's factor sets in here 2.
Don't 4get no1 has d right 2b better than u unless u gv them d right, u can make d best 10.
Sir pls wats d meanin of dat basic program and wich skul did u attend 4 d prog
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 9:14am On Sep 27, 2014
Abasstoheeb:
Sir pls wats d meanin of dat basic program and wich skul did u attend 4 d prog

The school of basic studies is pertinent 2 uniport, it is otherwise known as pre-deegre in other institutions.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abasstoheeb(m): 9:15am On Sep 27, 2014
faboben10:

The school of basic studies is pertinent 2 uniport, it is otherwise known as pre-deegre in other institutions.
Tnx sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 27, 2014
Chartey: What I know is that some state govts pay some sort of bond with the condition that the student will work for his state govt on graduation for a few years ranging from 2 to 5 years. This is optional and you can decline. Here in the north, the govts were not really enforcing the condition but now things have changed. I've heard of doctors having to return all the money because they got opportunities outside their states which they couldn't resist. For some of us, ordinary N4000 general annual students' bursary from our govt na war.
grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 27, 2014
davidiee: my brother it was painful to us in anatomy then. We were promised switching over, but when we got to year 3 that problem surfaced, and after seriously protesting, we were not allowed to switch. So I graduated and went for service in 2011. In 2012 shortly after my service I applied for MSc in Benin, but in October my fire for MBBS ignited and I took a jamb form for 2013/2014. I scored 293 in jamb only to disappoint myself with 59 in post ume. I thanked God, smiled to myself and decided to move on. then waited for November to be among the first set of people to buy 2014/2015 jamb form, this time around I opted for Ebonyi state university Abakaliki. But in this year jamb, I scored 237 and felt I disappointed myself a bit, but I moved on and prepared for their post ume where I scored 279 and was admitted on merit to study MBBS. I wasn't filled with emotions when I saw it but I had this feeling of satisfaction that my patience payer off.
Dis is just d beginning. Uve signed urself up for a life in hell! grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 11:12am On Sep 27, 2014
Abasstoheeb:
Tnx sir
u r welcome
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 11:41am On Sep 27, 2014
Kondoboy: bro....check ur admission status on jamb site....the more reassuring
it's d same thing on jamb's site ooo ... I think d best thing i will do is that i will pay d school's admission office a visit on monday if it hasn't been rectified till then ... Thanks for ur precious caring my boss ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 11:44am On Sep 27, 2014
TONYE001:

Hello,

I think you should pay the school's Admission Office a visit...
i think it's d best thing i could do if it hasn't been resolved till monday ... Thanks for ur precious advise my boss ...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mannyiyke: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33: Dis is just d beginning. Uve signed urself up for a life in hell! grin
What do u mean by dat statement? Or are u insinuating dat ebsu prolongs a medical student's yrs in medical sch or what? 'cos dat sch is gd for medicine. I live there and i can tell the story myself; except u're referring to sch fees and prolongation of one's stay in medical sch.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
mannyiyke: What do u mean by dat statement? Or are u insinuating dat ebsu prolongs a medical student's yrs in medical sch or what? 'cos dat sch is gd for medicine. I live there and i can tell the story myself; except u're referring to sch fees and prolongation of one's stay in medical sch.
u can think up suggestions why d med. School is not okay all by ur self. grin but that's not what I meant!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mannyiyke: 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33: u can think up suggestions why d med. School is not okay all by ur self. grin but that's not what I meant!
Pls can i know what u meant? U're getting me more confused.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Finally belong to this noble family of the noblest profession. University of Ilorin: medicine and surgery#Team..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bitex2(m): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pls i need your advice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
laryom1: Finally belong to this noble family of the noblest profession. University of Ilorin: medicine and surgery#Team..
congrat boss...welcom to d beta by far university!!!.....ur name came out wit dis recently releasd list'
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
FOLARORI: i think it's d best thing i could do if it hasn't been resolved till monday ... Thanks for ur precious advise my boss ...
yea dats probably d best tin u cn do,....cos d only tym i heard of dis kinda tin was wen one of my frnd calld smebdy in d admission office to help him so d man ask him to pay d sum of 20k,d man sent him d msg dat he has been given admission,buh no admission on d site...na God save dah ma guy say e neva pay,..sendin d msg z nt a prob 4 d pple in d admission office/comsit......i hop dats nt d case here...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Taofiq129: yea dats probably d best tin u cn do,....cos d only tym i heard of dis kinda tin was wen one of my frnd calld smebdy in d admission office to help him so d man ask him to pay d sum of 20k,d man sent him d msg dat he has been given admission,buh no admission on d site...na God save dah ma guy say e neva pay,..sendin d msg z nt a prob 4 d pple in d admission office/comsit......i hop dats nt d case here...
thanks my boss ... I hope this hard luck will leave me this yr ... I did nt ask anybody from d admission office for help , i just did my jamb . P ume n stick with God n some a lecturer i knw there ... So that's all my boss ... Pls don't forget me in ur prayer ooo ... N i pray i should b given my lovely course @ last ... Mbbs all the way ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by UromOta(m): 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
pls i want to know d pros and cons in IJMB
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
bitex2: Pls i need your advice.I am first yr medical student at ESUT but i took another JAMB and got admitted into UI for the same course.I did that for some reason ranging from tuition fee to quality medical education.My question is, is UI what losing a yr for?is UCH better than ESUTH PARKLANE or is UCH just being overhyped?
Pls i need logical answers from an experienced Dr/medical stdnt..
Thanks
Hmmm! My brother, there are many things involved. If the extra year and the wasted school fees don't matter to you, just take the UI admission. I've never been to EKSUTH, but I don't think any state govt can fund a state teaching hospital up to the standard of UCH. I also don't think there will be as many experienced consultants in EKSUTH as in UCH. Finally, if you've never lived outside your cultural zone (I'm assuming you're Igbo) then the experience will be good for you.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
faboben10:

And in ABU too. I even think ABU started the School of Basic (added "and Remedial" now) Studies thing back in the 80s. The school still controls IJMB nationwide too I guess.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by idris4r83(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
bitex2: Pls i need your advice.I am first yr medical student at ESUT but i took another JAMB and got admitted into UI for the same course.I did that for some reason ranging from tuition fee to quality medical education.My question is, is UI what losing a yr for?is UCH better than ESUTH PARKLANE or is UCH just being overhyped?
Pls i need logical answers from an experienced Dr/medical stdnt..
Thanks
i dont think wasting 1 good year to the same course in UI is a good decision o. if the ESUTH is accredited by NMA why waste 365 days of your life just to obtain the same certificate at the long run. you musnt be a UI graduate to achieve what u want to achieve in life. the only option u gave that is worth considering is the school fees aspect else theres no much difference in any NMA accredited medical schools in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 7:38am On Sep 28, 2014
Taofiq129: congrat boss...welcom to d beta by far university!!!.....ur name came out wit dis recently releasd list'
Thanks bro. Yeah.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 7:40am On Sep 28, 2014
FOLARORI: thanks my boss ... I hope this hard luck will leave me this yr ... I did nt ask anybody from d admission office for help , i just did my jamb . P ume n stick with God n some a lecturer i knw there ... So that's all my boss ... Pls don't forget me in ur prayer ooo ... N i pray i should b given my lovely course @ last ... Mbbs all the way ...
I pray you get it too bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2014
davidiee: my brother it was painful to us in anatomy then. We were promised switching over, but when we got to year 3 that problem surfaced, and after seriously protesting, we were not allowed to switch. So I graduated and went for service in 2011. In 2012 shortly after my service I applied for MSc in Benin, but in October my fire for MBBS ignited and I took a jamb form for 2013/2014. I scored 293 in jamb only to disappoint myself with 59 in post ume. I thanked God, smiled to myself and decided to move on. then waited for November to be among the first set of people to buy 2014/2015 jamb form, this time around I opted for Ebonyi state university Abakaliki. But in this year jamb, I scored 237 and felt I disappointed myself a bit, but I moved on and prepared for their post ume where I scored 279 and was admitted on merit to study MBBS. I wasn't filled with emotions when I saw it but I had this feeling of satisfaction that my patience payer off.
ebsu right?
welcome on board.
whatsapp me: 08036632884

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.