Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,501 members, 7,940,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:40 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1914953 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
FOLARORI: thanks my boss ... I hope this hard luck will leave me this yr ... I did nt ask anybody from d admission office for help , i just did my jamb . P ume n stick with God n some a lecturer i knw there ... So that's all my boss ... Pls don't forget me in ur prayer ooo ... N i pray i should b given my lovely course @ last ... Mbbs all the way ...
wel its all cul... i pray its jes a mistake nd wen u get dia wil b rectified immediately nd b given ur desired course.!!...oh nd of course hop u nailed dah p.jamb on d head
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
laryom1: Thanks bro. Yeah.
alryt bro many ar qualified few ar chosen..nd u ar lucky to b part of d 'few'...congrat once again!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
Taofiq129: alryt bro many ar qualified few ar chosen..nd u ar lucky to b part of d 'few'...congrat once again!!
Thanks bro...team BBF
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
Finally, I follow this thread ..... UNIBEN: MBBS smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
*following* OAU:MBBS.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
laryom1: Thanks bro...team BBF
Bro, u need to go and do a massive thanksgiving. I had 258 & 80% in jamb and p-j respectively and applied for medicine which i wanted all my life but i was given another course. U have to be dead serious bro, they drop medical students like twigs there. Congratulations once again. Can i have ur whatsapp contact if u don't mind
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
idris4r83: i dont think wasting 1 good year to the same course in UI is a good decision o. if the ESUTH is accredited by NMA why waste 365 days of your life just to obtain the same certificate at the long run. you musnt be a UI graduate to achieve what u want to achieve in life. the only option u gave that is worth considering is the school fees aspect else theres no much difference in any NMA accredited medical schools in nigeria.

Seconded! D fee is only d thingummy to worry abt, overthrowing other rationales. I wud love to delve in2 d amount levied on medical education in esuth with a view to comparing it with UI's and assessing its "starting afresh" worth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
bethedoski:
Bro, u need to go and do a massive thanksgiving. I had 258 & 80% in jamb and p-j respectively and applied for medicine which i wanted all my life but i was given another course. U have to be dead serious bro, they drop medical students like twigs there. Congratulations once again. Can i have ur whatsapp contact if u don't mind
unilorin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 10:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
My bosses in the house , i've been finally given course today ooo , but it's a course i loathe soo much ... aquaculture and fisheries ... I'm very sad and depressed nw for losing my beloved noble course ... But is it possible to switch to mbbs from it my bosses @ home ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davidiee(m): 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
FOLARORI: My bosses in the house , i've been finally given course today ooo , but it's a course i loathe soo much ... aquaculture and fisheries ... I'm very sad and depressed nw for losing my beloved noble course ... But is it possible to switch to mbbs from it my bosses @ home ...
kai! Universities in Nigeria can fling people to just any course sha oo. Na wa oo. Anyway I don't know the terms of switching in the institution you were admitted, but from my general knowledge the requirements are very tasking ranging from getting a 4.00 CGPA to others. Still I'll advice you to pick a Jamb form as backup plan should in case the task begins to show signs of a major setback, but I know you can pull through. Just believe you can. One luv
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tolane93: 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
Helo guys hv bin admitted 2 ui 2 study physiology.wat ur advice 4 me since pple say dat it is nt lucrative
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by idris4r83(m): 12:15am On Sep 29, 2014
FOLARORI: My bosses in the house , i've been finally given course today ooo , but it's a course i loathe soo much ... aquaculture and fisheries ... I'm very sad and depressed nw for losing my beloved noble course ... But is it possible to switch to mbbs from it my bosses @ home ...
to be frank with you it is impossible to transfer from faculty of science to faculty of medicine even if you score 5.0 cgpa in your 100 level. The best advice is to start the course and prepare well for the forthcoming jamb.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by idris4r83(m): 12:18am On Sep 29, 2014
davidiee: kai! Universities in Nigeria can fling people to just any course sha oo. Na wa oo. Anyway I don't know the terms of switching in the institution you were admitted, but from my general knowledge the requirements are very tasking ranging from getting a 4.00 CGPA to others. Still I'll advice you to pick a Jamb form as backup plan should in case the task begins to show signs of a major setback, but I know you can pull through. Just believe you can. One luv
just tell him is not possible and dont give him any false hope.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 6:53am On Sep 29, 2014
bethedoski:
I hate people teln me dat bro... Do u even knw me?...am vry sori bro.... 08168570493
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 6:54am On Sep 29, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

Seconded! D fee is only d thingummy to worry abt, overthrowing other rationales. I wud love to delve in2 d amount levied on medical education in esuth with a view to comparing it with UI's and assessing its "starting afresh" worth.
This guy makes me remember 'hakings'
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 6:59am On Sep 29, 2014
idris4r83: to be frank with you it is impossible to transfer from faculty of science to faculty of medicine even if you score 5.0 cgpa in your 100 level. The best advice is to start the course and prepare well for the forthcoming jamb.
It's possible to switch from facultyof science to college of medicine. They do it very well here in my school, University of Ibadan, especially from chemistry. You are right that he cant cross cuz aquaculture and fisheries belngs to d faculty of agric
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 6:59am On Sep 29, 2014
what was ur jamb and pume score?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 8:39am On Sep 29, 2014
Thanks to everybody that has contributed solely on my matter ... Jazaakumullahu khaeran ... @ laryom my scores r 235 and 60 respectively ... Unilorin has been very cruel n atrocious to me , despite d fact that i'm an indigene n i'm also from their catchment area ... It's very bad for their image ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 8:47am On Sep 29, 2014
laryom1: This guy makes me remember 'hakings'

Hi! Who is he?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 8:57am On Sep 29, 2014
FOLARORI: Thanks to everybody that has contributed solely on my matter ... Jazaakumullahu khaeran ... @ laryom my scores r 235 and 60 respectively ... Unilorin has been very cruel n atrocious to me , despite d fact that i'm an indigene n i'm also from their catchment area ... It's very bad for their image ...

U ve got to take heart. Don't falter but have faith. Was once offerfed soil science but i repudiated it without demur. In my heart of hearts, I knew i wud neva be fulfiled with dat. Looking back ova to my life. I realise dat every situation i encountered was, in d end, for my greater good and dey always made me stronger, stuffyer and more resourceful person. Neva give up. Hit it harder and of course prayer wise.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 9:11am On Sep 29, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

U ve got to take heart. Don't falter but have faith. Was once offerfed soil science but i repudiated it without demur. In my heart of hearts, I knew i wud neva be fulfiled with dat. Looking back ova to my life. I realise dat every situation i encountered was, in d end, for my greater good and dey always made me stronger, stuffyer and more resourceful person. Neva give up. Hit it harder and of course prayer wise.
pls tell me did u did d offered course n av u been finally given mbbs ... Pls i want u to share ur past with me concerning this matter ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2014
FOLARORI: pls tell me did u did d offered course n av u been finally given mbbs ... Pls i want u to share ur past with me concerning this matter ...

I am happy to tell u dat through God's grace, hardwork and diligence, I got d offer to pursue MBBS in 3 different public universities subsequently, namely, EKSU, OAU AND UI. Determination can bring higher dan ur imagination.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kondoboy(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

I am happy to tell u dat through God's grace, hardwork and diligence, I got d offer to pursue MBBS in 3 different public universities subsequently, namely, EKSU, OAU AND UI. Determination can bring higher dan ur imagination.
yea....I'm a witness
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

thanks ... But hw did u do it that u were choosed by three different unis , n which one r u doing nw ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kondoboy(m): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2014
FOLARORI: thanks ... But hw did u do it that u were choosed by three different unis , n which one r u doing nw ...
he did Oau predegreee...then thre was 2nd choice and I think in his previous UME, he chose EKSU as second choice and was granted admission for MBBS while doing predegree...at d end of predegree He was one of our best students in Oau PD and was granted MBBS in Oau and MBBS in ui which he chose as first choice in that year's jamb.....Bro Vincent I salute u oooooo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Idyllic: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2014
lomaxx: PART 3

Today, when I walked into the Children's Emergency Ward, I dropped my bag in the Nurses' Station, wore my ward coat and headed over the Jessica's bedside. I sighted her mom from afar and she greeted my face with a loud smile. I didn't need to be told. Jessica was doing perfectly. When I was in close range, she welcomed me with a hug. Well, I wasn't the doctor that managed her daughter successfully but she was so happy anyone who attended to her daughter directly or indirectly must have done a great job. I saw the joy of a mother whose child had narrowly escaped the claws of death. I looked down at Jessica sleeping like an angel- peacefully. I was told she had her breakfast that morning. This was indeed a miracle .

I went back to my usual spot to study before the consultant and residents arrive today. While en route, I became convinced that I had indeed chosen a right path. There's nothing as ultimately fulfilling as putting smiles in the faces of people who genuinely need help. And when health is involved, bringing a patient from his/her "death" and giving him/her his life again is the ultimate achievement

I was jolted back to my senses by the senior resident administering orders to the house officers. He was attending to a child who was born yesterday and suddenly had difficulty in breathing. I walked briskly to observe keenly what he was doing.

"Good morning chief," I greeted.

"Good morning chap. List 10 causes of respiratory distress in the newborn"

Well, obviously today was another day to shine.

Moral of the Story: As a medical student, decide to be different. Choose a path of excellence and create decisions to ensure you achieve it. The foundation of excellence is good preparation. Be prepared at all times. Every second is important. Invest in effective time management strategies. You don't know which minute you invest in that would bring you into the spotlight. And hey- aim for the spotlight, stay in the spotlight. Don't be a background chap. Aim to impress cool

Have an awesome weekend.

Dr lomaxx, this is much appreciated. Thanks sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 11:48am On Sep 29, 2014
Kondoboy: he did Oau predegreee...then thre was 2nd choice and I think in his previous UME, he chose EKSU as second choice and was granted admission for MBBS while doing predegree...at d end of predegree He was one of our best students in Oau PD and was granted MBBS in Oau and MBBS in ui which he chose as first choice in that year's jamb.....Bro Vincent I salute u oooooo

Wow! How come u know much abt me, though, knowing u scarcely? A predite too? Ur name pls if u don't mind? Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kondoboy(m): 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

Wow! How come u know much abt me, though, knowing u scarcely? A predite too? Ur name pls if u don't mind? Thanks
lolzzz....Its Qudus from d next room to urss R18
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kondoboy: lolzzz....Its Qudus from d next room to urss R18

Debosky qudus of life! How far!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kondoboy(m): 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

Debosky qudus of life! How far!
I dey jawe
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
b thankful bro...hundreds of pple scored higher dan u nd ar offered notin..if only they do declare their cutof, pple who reachd d cutof wil knw nd dose who didnt wil knw dat dy nid more work to do!......oga idris has said all u nid do!..its only from anatomy nd physiology u cn cros to medicine in UNILORIN.. xperience z realy a gud tin nd d best teacher..learn from dis nd NEVA RELENT IN CHASIN UR DREAM!!...we shal all meet at d top,medicos nd non-medicos!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
AmbFitsaint:

Hi! Who is he?
a guy in our 2013/2014 unibadan group

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.