Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,616 members, 7,930,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 09:26 AM

A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi (16083 Views)

KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / Bus Almost Fell On OSHODI BRIDGE Just Now (Photos) / Photos Of The New LASTMA Cabs Set To Be Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by nipeks001(m): 1:12am On Sep 19, 2012
2mch: So you ran a red light and you got fined only 10k. The law says 30k in case you have forgotten. So if you killed a whole family breaking the law, what do you think your story would have been? 14yrs in kirikiri awaiting trial. You better thank your stars. You broke the law and endangered lives, yet you are complaining about somebody being and agbero? What are you OP? Sane? You seem like you need a strait jacket. O ri e ti gba paro.
shey you sabi read at all.The OP said he stopped when he saw the red light was on and he waited to be beckoned when it's time for him to go and here you are saying trash and abusing him by asking him if he's a sane person.If there is any person that needs to be recommended to a psychiatrist between both of you,then it should be you.

2 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by greatgod2012(f): 1:19am On Sep 19, 2012
babniyen: They are not Agbero's but robbers in training.

a glorified and uniformed armed robbers!!!!!!!!! undecided

a glorified and uniformed armed robbers!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Burger01(m): 2:59am On Sep 19, 2012
I nearly crushed one Lastma thieve months ago. He just jumped in front of my car and tried to stop me for an offence I was not aware of. I did as if looking sideways and damn I missed crushing him. They are all thieves. How I wished i crushed his leg that day. Menace to society... Mtcheeew.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Toks2008(m): 3:41am On Sep 19, 2012

This Menace called LASTMA is one hell of an organization filled with 90% touts.

Believe it or not, Lastma criminally generates over 1billion naira monthly for the state Government, this is why Lagos state government will give them full support for these erroneous acts they commit day by day. Out of every 10cars impounded by lastma, you can rest assure that maybe just one is actually guilty of contravening traffic rules.

And If you are caught in anyway, you will be faced to pay the following crazy fees.

1. Lastma offense fee ranging into tens of thousands
2. Crazy training fee to lasdri which is about 5k
3. You pay non negotiable 10k or more for the towing van used in dragging your vehicle to their office.
4. You will now have to pay tax clearance to a crazy government that will never provide jobs for its citizens.
5. You will now pay 500naira per day for cars and more for trucks,buses and the likes for each day your car stays before redemption by you.

These Bunch of touts have been giving so much power by the state government due to the huge revenue they generate that it has gotten to their heads so what do you expect?
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by harlos: 4:41am On Sep 19, 2012
stagger: LASTMA should thank their God I don't live in Lagos. I will mark the official in question and have his entire family killed one after the other.
As if u sabi do am if u dey there,or do u think u can drag with them if dey catch u?...
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by harlos: 4:42am On Sep 19, 2012
stagger: LASTMA should thank their God I don't live in Lagos. I will mark the official in question and have his entire family killed one after the other.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by rman: 5:02am On Sep 19, 2012
The OP tactfully didn't bother to tell what he was alleged of doing wrong even if LASTMA officials lied.

I believe you deliberately left that out because you felt you might be guilty of these "FALSE" allegation .

YES, LASTMA officials may be overly aggressive in arresting you based on your story but I am interested in knowing what their lie is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by naptu2: 5:26am On Sep 19, 2012
When we make these sort of complaints we only succeed in tarnishing the name of the organisation, but we do not succeed in solving the problem.

The OP should have

1) Gotten the names of the particular LASTMA officials (from their name tags, etc).

2) Made a voice recording of his interactions with them (using his mobile phone).

3) Discreetly taken pictures of the LASTMA officials

Or gathered evidence in such a way that the officials involved can be identified and punished.

These organisations have good and bad officers. When you make such a general accusation, it changes nothing because the officials involved would not get punished. You only succeed in tarnishing the name of the organisation while the corrupt officials continue their nefarious activities.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by faluasafe: 5:35am On Sep 19, 2012
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Mcfemad(m): 11:31pm On Sep 18

This is so serious!
As it is, I had fruitful discussions with their Oshodi commander today when he came visiting our company. I raised an issue like this which he did not denied. He termed them as 'bad eggs' in the system which I believe is everywhere.
I can help out if you would like to lodge a formal complaint. Issues like this should not be brought under the carpert. It has to be dealt with

If their so-called oga called those guys'bad eggs' among them, I am not sure if really the guy is in charge. The point I am making here there is no point given those lads jobs like this to enforce.my conclusion that day was (and I stand to be corrected)_these guys are political thugs compesated for their contribution to the success of the ACN-led govt.

Help me out? How? Well, wat will u do na? I can be reached on bb PIN 2871C052.

For the guy that asked if I truly own the car, go to their oshodi office n ask for the details of a toyota camry '01 model (gold)they impounded last sunday morning.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by SlyIg(f): 5:37am On Sep 19, 2012
naptu2: When we make these sort of complaints we only succeed in tarnishing the name of the organisation, but we do not succeed in solving the problem.

The OP should have

1) Gotten the names of the particular LASTMA officials (from their name tags, etc).

2) Made a voice recording of his interactions with them (using his mobile phone).

Or gathered evidence in such a way that the officials involved can be identified and punished.

These organisations have good and bad officers. When you make such a general accusation, it changes nothing because the officials involved would not get punished. You only succeed in tarnishing the name of the organisation while the corrupt officials continue their nefarious activities.
And who will listen to you if i may ask pls? You have extra time to waste.

1 Like

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by naptu2: 5:43am On Sep 19, 2012
SlyIg:
And who will listen to you if i may ask pls? You have extra time to waste.

Well, then in the end your complaint won't make any difference because nobody will be punished.

If you get the info above and (1) send to the media (2) publish online (3) send to the governor (4) make a complaint, then you can make a difference, but the problems continue because people "do not have the time to waste".

4 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by kunyeo(m): 5:51am On Sep 19, 2012
.you must be BH!Human life has no value to you.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 19, 2012
no dullin: @ Op:
Rule No1: neva wind down ur glass.. 4 a Lastma Official.. Talk wiv it closed.. Till they get fustrated.. @ worst.. Wind down just a little (very little).
Rule No2: Neva beg a lastme official.. Drag wiv them.. Shout @ them.. Claim ur right... Worst dat will happen.. They'll take whateva u offer them.. Even 500 hundred.

Once beaten.. 2wice.. Shy..
Better luck nxt tyme
You be proper omo eko, o ri re wa nibe.
aryzgreat: i dont gve a damn if LASTMA TOUTS stop me, i'll crush the criminals to death without blinking! bunch of agberos!
hehehe. Lagos state versus Aryzgreat. I am sure you don't want to go to jail. grin
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by 2mch(m): 6:16am On Sep 19, 2012
nipeks001:
shey you sabi read at all.The OP said he stopped when he saw the red light was on and he waited to be beckoned when it's time for him to go and here you are saying trash and abusing him by asking him if he's a sane person.If there is any person that needs to be recommended to a psychiatrist between both of you,then it should be you.

You must be a slowpoke if you believe the OP. The fact is LASTMA is aggressive, but they don't chase you if you don't commit a crime. OP ran the red light and lied. They would have told him his offense. Those guys wait for you to offend and then chase your car and jump inside. I have been a victim. The OP is lying, you psychotic fellow. Oh sorry, you can't analyse a fairytale.

You will be surprised how many Lagosians did not bother to read or understand the new traffic laws. The thing Fashola needs to ensure is that they pay the exact fine. I settled mine for a price lower than the law states. People even bargain on how much they will pay. If you keep believing false tales and breaking the law, you will keep paying 30k, your head and eye go clear ni.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 19, 2012
woky: wat is d name of ur car if @all its really ur car
woow in your mind now, you are so intelligent to ask such dumb and childish question. if you are above 18years and you have written your waec shame on YOU.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 19, 2012
Burger01: I nearly crushed one Lastma thieve months ago. He just jumped in front of my car and tried to stop me for an offence I was not aware of. I did as if looking sideways and damn I missed crushing him. They are all thieves. How I wished i crushed his leg that day. Menace to society... Mtcheeew.

Hmn, the LASTMA menace. . . .
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Nobody: 6:24am On Sep 19, 2012
Toks2008:

Believe it or not, Lastma criminally generates over 1billion naira monthly for the state Government, this is why Lagos state government will give them full support for these erroneous acts they commit day by day. Out of every 10cars impounded by lastma, you can rest assure that maybe just one is actually guilty of contravening traffic rules.

And If you are caught in anyway, you will be faced to pay the following crazy fees.

1. Lastma offense fee ranging into tens of thousands
2. Crazy training fee to lasdri which is about 5k
3. You pay non negotiable 10k or more for the towing van used in dragging your vehicle to their office.
4. You will now have to pay tax clearance to a crazy government that will never provide jobs for its citizens.
5. You will now pay 500naira per day for cars and more for trucks,buses and the likes for each day your car stays before redemption by you.

These Bunch of touts have been giving so much power by the state government due to the huge revenue they generate that it has gotten to their heads so what do you expect?
Seems you are very familiar with their modus operandi. Is it really true they are given income targets by LASG and the profit is for Lastma officers once they go above the daily target? just asking ooo
rman: The OP tactfully didn't bother to tell what he was alleged of doing wrong even if LASTMA officials lied.

I believe you deliberately left that out because you felt you might be guilty of these "FALSE" allegation .

YES, LASTMA officials may be overly aggressive in arresting you based on your story but I am interested in knowing what their lie is.

The guy probably crossed "the give way" line without knowing while waiting at the traffic light junction or why did they single him out?Then again, he never bothered to ask what his offence was.

I can't really blame Lastma totally. Yes, they might be thugs in Uniform but a lot of naija drivers never went to driving schools or went to substandard ones and don't understand traffic signs/road markings anyway yet they feel they are good drivers. With respect to Lastma, LASG needs to do something about them like recruit grads and present a poster boy with Bsc degree in civil engineering to the public as the model of the new Lastma or new face of Lastma aka rebranding. But how many graduates are willing to take Lastma jobs? grin
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 19, 2012
kunyeo: .you must be BH!Human life has no value to you.
Hmn
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by henrysam(m): 6:31am On Sep 19, 2012
naptu2:

Well, then in the end your complaint won't make any difference because nobody will be punished.

If you get the info above and (1) send to the media (2) publish online (3) send to the governor (4) make a complaint, then you can make a difference, but the problems continue because people "do not have the time to waste".
And they will continue to be complaining because they don't have time. In every organisation, there are always bad ones and we cannot rule out that. And because there is no follow up to this bad habit of some lastma officials makes them to continue to perpetrate this act, when they know people are taking them up, thius act will reduce drastically.the OP parted with 10k without knowing his offence and if by tomorrow he is arrested again he will continue to be ripped off. Think there is something missing in his post.

1 Like

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 19, 2012
The militant in the Niger Delta, the boko haram in the North and LASTMA in Lagos, I really don't know the difference, they both don't value lives, they kill and are killed, arrogant and cruel, the boko haram have a cause, they don't want 'book', militants are fighting for oil, LASTMA-i really don't know, they're probably fighting for ACN, those guys are worse than animals, if you ever have experience with them, you'll know they are senseless, heartless and hopeless. one cant rule out how they've been most helpful in controlling traffic in LagosI still believe there are civil ways of doing things even in a mad land like Lagos
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by boladez(m): 6:44am On Sep 19, 2012
Na wah o, i am quite shocked that the level of enlightenment and exposure is quite low in Nigeria , people prefer to watch home videos and music videos rather than read and listen and write and be a meaningful contributor to the country. I say this because of the quality of posts and suggestions like LASTMA is a private Army, Scrap LASTMA etc. I am sure if you knew Lagos before LASTMA you would have held a different opinion. If LASTMA is scrapped will you replace them with police or the FRSC or those useless Fed min of works officials.? Let the educated and elite use their heads to think not whimper in our closets. One says he will kill LASTMA men , please do so and that will change your life forever. Do you think a human life is that worthless? Some few are just a wasted generation of people with the wrongest of all values!

1. At a traffic light, there are white lines that should not be crossed while you wait for the light to turn green. Most likely the poster crossed the line and I see this happen so often when I stop before the line people just drive right to the space in front of the line with stares indicating "are you dumb or what?"

2. Lagos state LASTMA is being replicated by most other states in the country and whether you like LASTMA or not , we as Nigerians are stubborn and have bad habits. Just this morning I was about to overtake a vehicle on 3rd mainland bridge , he sped up and darted in front of me as if we were in a race! To prevent road rage, I ignored him. We usually get what we deserve in this life. Very early in the morning at 5 to 6am how many people obey traffic lights?

3 For the few who bother to read news "The general manager said that such complaints could be forwarded to the LASTMA Command Centre or any offended citizen could text or this GSM number, 08023386921 or mail the agency at info@lastmalagos.com." this is from a THISDAY newspaper article. Lagos state has the most responsive officials in the federation, how many public officers would respond to letters and calls? Lagos state officials will do and I can testify to that. Speak regularly with many commissioners in Lagos cos I commend and abuse them when they go right or wrong. What the poster should have done was to call the numbers and write then come to Nairaland to tell whether he got fair treatment or not, those of us who are strong minded can then take it from there and hold them to their words. see link to the newspaper article below

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/traffic-law-receive-bribe-face-sack-lagos-government-warns-lastma/121854/

4. LAstma officials will harass you when you do the wrong things knowingly or unknowingly and if you are to scared to pay for the crime or defend your unjust arrest. How many people know what is called the offsaide rule, understand the yellow lines at intersections or understand road markings at all. We must go away from disorder and if LASTMA boys need to harass us into compliance , so be it. However , i am aware they fire them on a daily basis based on people with big livers who can complain and follow through. I got one fired when I saw him harass a poor lady who he misled into making a wrong U turn. I took it up to the level of the Hon comrade commissioner for transport and he brought his folks to beg me!!!!! of course I had to beg his folks too but stuck to my guns.

5. If we keep seeking knowledge and education and ensure voluntary compliance, LASTMA guys will be forced to respond positively.

I will not comment on the ACN factor because it will derail the thread it is about LASTMA and their modus operandi this time and not politics, NAPTU2 your post makes do much sence God bless you. We will keep educating them and will not get tired. A few people can change this country. Multitudes will come with mix of bad , evil and good.

naptu2: When we make these sort of complaints we only succeed in tarnishing the name of the organisation, but we do not succeed in solving the problem.

The OP should have

3 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by arramyjay: 6:48am On Sep 19, 2012
woky: wat is d name of ur car if @all its really ur car

Ode.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Leboska(m): 6:52am On Sep 19, 2012
0l'dirty:
You can thank "The Progressives" for LASTMA.

LASTMA IS THE BEST PUBLIC LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. The FBI is shiit when compared to LASTMA. Why? Because LASTMA was formed by the best politician to have graced the planet. This politician if in the U.S. would have won every election since after FDR's death. In short they (U.S. congress) would have had to declare him a life president and then asked the rest of the world to make him the ruler of the world.
He is benevolent as Jesus and wiser than Solomon. He is also dashingly handsome that most women squirt hard to come vag juice anytime they see that radiant face and hear his sweet honeycombed voice.

In short Nigeria is so blessed to have him. LASTMA was a kill-two-bird-with-one-stone approach; get layabout agberoes out of the street and effectively control the traffic situation in Lagos(the most radiant and most beautiful city in the world).

In short, lets all take a minute and think of how and when we all may have a chance to suck his d1ck.

Pic below is the handsome progressives.
You are very Funny, bet u've never being a victim b4 or are politizing i love him too though. Those lasman can be annoying some times, cos i've been a victim myself, but let us also know they are doing a good job. Even if u bring in angels to do the job surely there would be casualty & tell there own story in another way to favour them
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by texazzpete(m): 6:59am On Sep 19, 2012
boladez: Na wah o, i am quite shocked that the level of enlightenment and exposure is quite low in Nigeria , people prefer to watch home videos and music videos rather than read and listen and write and be a meaningful contributor to the country. I say this because of the quality of posts and suggestions like LASTMA is a private Army, Scrap LASTMA etc. I am sure if you knew Lagos before LASTMA you would have held a different opinion. If LASTMA is scrapped will you replace them with police or the FRSC or those useless Fed min of works officials.? Let the educated and elite use their heads to think not whimper in our closets. One says he will kill LASTMA men , please do so and that will change your life forever. Do you think a human life is that worthless? Some few are just a wasted generation of people with the wrongest of all values!

1. At a traffic light, there are white lines that should not be crossed while you wait for the light to turn green. Most likely the poster crossed the line and I see this happen so often when I stop before the line people just drive right to the space in front of the line with stares indicating "are you dumb or what?"

2. Lagos state LASTMA is being replicated by most other states in the country and whether you like LASTMA or not , we as Nigerians are stubborn and have bad habits. Just this morning I was about to overtake a vehicle on 3rd mainland bridge , he sped up and darted in front of me as if we were in a race! To prevent road rage, I ignored him. We usually get what we deserve in this life. Very early in the morning at 5 to 6am how many people obey traffic lights?

3 For the few who bother to read news "The general manager said that such complaints could be forwarded to the LASTMA Command Centre or any offended citizen could text or this GSM number, 08023386921 or mail the agency at info@lastmalagos.com." this is from a THISDAY newspaper article. Lagos state has the most responsive officials in the federation, how many public officers would respond to letters and calls? Lagos state officials will do and I can testify to that. Speak regularly with many commissioners in Lagos cos I commend and abuse them when they go right or wrong. What the poster should have done was to call the numbers and write then come to Nairaland to tell whether he got fair treatment or not, those of us who are strong minded can then take it from there and hold them to their words. see link to the newspaper article below

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/traffic-law-receive-bribe-face-sack-lagos-government-warns-lastma/121854/

4. LAstma officials will harass you when you do the wrong things knowingly or unknowingly and if you are to scared to pay for the crime or defend your unjust arrest. How many people know what is called the offsaide rule, understand the yellow lines at intersections or understand road markings at all. We must go away from disorder and if LASTMA boys need to harass us into compliance , so be it. However , i am aware they fire them on a daily basis based on people with big livers who can complain and follow through. I got one fired when I saw him harass a poor lady who he misled into making a wrong U turn. I took it up to the level of the Hon comrade commissioner for transport and he brought his folks to beg me!!!!! of course I had to beg his folks too but stuck to my guns.

5. If we keep seeking knowledge and education and ensure voluntary compliance, LASTMA guys will be forced to respond positively.

I will not comment on the ACN factor because it will derail the thread it is about LASTMA and their modus operandi this time and not politics, NAPTU2 your post makes do much sence God bless you. We will keep educating them and will not get tired. A few people can change this country. Multitudes will come with mix of bad , evil and good.

See this dolt! Were you under a rock when the LASTMA commander was desperately trying to pin the death of one of his employees on an innocent lady? The commander INSISTED several times that the lady (who was in a parked vehicle) ran down a LASTMA employee and killed him...and then escaped to a nearby estate.

if not for eyewitnesses, this woman would still be on trial for murder!

Tell us the educational criteria that one needs to get to be in LASTMA before you start opening your mouth to spew imbecilic nonsense. If Sanitizing Lagos was their objective, they would have been airing sensitizing information on the radio and TV stations to tell people not to cross those white lines. One-way streets would be marked boldly. LASTMA officials would not be lying in ambush to trick people into breaking the law. In more developed climes, agencies like LASTMA are designed to prevent road accidents and boost public safety. In Lagos state they are a cash generation outfit.

Your problem is that you are a bush man. I do not doubt that you have some money, but that apparently has not taken the bushness out of you. If not, you would not be defending an agency whose agents would forcefully enter your vehicle without a warrant, whose agents would illegally confiscate your car keys.

2 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by kayoday(m): 7:03am On Sep 19, 2012
Appears the poster was waiting on the wrong lane thereby obstructing traffic turning to the left or right. Difficult not finding yourself in some cases like this since there is no proper road direction/exit around Lagos.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by searay(m): 7:09am On Sep 19, 2012
Now that Fashola is breeding another Boko haram-like, people will not complain
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by igbsam(m): 7:12am On Sep 19, 2012
2mch: So you ran a red light and you got fined only 10k. The law says 30k in case you have forgotten. So if you killed a whole family breaking the law, what do you think your story would have been? 14yrs in kirikiri awaiting trial. You better thank your stars. You broke the law and endangered lives, yet you are complaining about somebody being and agbero? What are you OP? Sane? You seem like you need a strait jacket. O ri e ti gba paro.
Walahi, u be confirm mumu....Nkita 1 of him family. Must u jump to comment ? Why not read and understand ? So quick to hurl abuses that would still come back to hunt you. Anofia. People like you are just here to abuse OPs and other people who comments. That's your duty. Get a life and quit the shit abusing posters. Ode!
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by mbhs139(m): 7:19am On Sep 19, 2012
faluasafe: ... LASTMA are at best 'agberos' who are having a field day courtesy of the ACN-led government.
If the government can not overhaul this body, then other victims of this rascality like myself should pick a different option come 2015.
What an eventful weekend.

And that's the more reason State Police can not work in Nigeria, particularly in Lagos.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by bigx(m): 7:24am On Sep 19, 2012
Same thing here in PH, I never drive with my windows down or door unlocked, we've the same set of thieves and extortionists.
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by woonick: 7:31am On Sep 19, 2012
Fools! Videotape one incident with the LASTMA boyz and post it online.
And everything in lagos will change.
Stop whining and be PRO-ACTIVE

2 Likes

Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by Babaelemu: 7:34am On Sep 19, 2012
Mr MAN. I don't believe in your write-up. Your just here to tarnish yoruba's image as usual. Get a job and leave with it as least we are progressing and we are proud to be agberos that what makes us to be accommodating. Nothing you can do about it. Its our lifestyle deal with yours "awon omo ole" (barawo)
Re: A Day At LASTMA Office Oshodi by mbhs139(m): 7:35am On Sep 19, 2012
Toks2008:

find something do for yourself guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Your Car Turn Heads? / Driving With Or Without Shoes / My Peugeot 505 V6 New XN1A Engine Conversion Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.