Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (1027) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2444977 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by irisher: 7:09pm On Jun 22
Amah70:

If you truly believe that a city, like Owerri, develops through the ingenuity of its people, why then are you here all day all night in veiled campaign to retain Orlu zone with you in Owerri in Imo state? Okwa ihuru unu, you are cuny like green serpents; that's why you people have used state capital mantra to locate all govt facility for Imo state in Owerri area; govt establishments that should have been evenly distributed all over Imo state to attract human population to all over Imo state for modern development.
There are more thsn than 300,000 staff and students from all the 5 federal government tertiary education institutions in Owerri. Money from the institutions circulate in Owerri. Rest of Imo state deteriorate.
Let Orlu area breathe please. Having Orlu with Owerri in the same state; with Oru-Owerri people swearing that no important government establishment must be located outside Owerri zone; this has led to Owerri state unofficially.
You said that there are more than 300,000 staff and students from all the tertiary institutions in Owerri, are Orlu folks not part of the staff and students in the tertiary institutions?
Orlu zone have been the ruling class in Imo state for 2 decades now, Owerri folks do not complain about it!
Imo state are not ready and capable to split into two or to yield a new state.
Do you check the latest
Nigerian States fiscal transparency rankings?
Imo state took the last position out of the 36 States in Nigeria, this shows the incompetency of Orlu gubernatorial in Imo State.
Orlu folks aren't capable enough to govern a state talk more of building a state of their own, so it's better for the idea of the Orlu State not to ever come to an existence.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:14pm On Jun 22
Amah70:

Development does not come from nothing.

Visit Imo state, go to Owerri 1, and Owerri 2, and to the other once rural areas in Owerri senatorial district now turning into urban centres; now Visit Orlu Municipal LGA and other places in Orlu zone.

After your visit, if you don't conclude that Imo state is a huge FRAUD against Orlu senatorial zone, you lie even to yourself. Don't forget that in 1976, the difference in modern development between Owerri and Orlu is minimal.
Truth is that before 1999, all federal and state institutions that are meant to induce human and economic development in all areas of Imo state were located by Oru-Owerri people in Owerri using state capital mantra. What do you expect Orlu to develop with?
Oru-Owerri knew that before long, Orlu state would come to be, hence Oru-Owerri people fought for all government institutions and parastatals in Imo state be located in Owerri zone.

You're writing thrash. Orlu is developed to it's capacity and has enjoyed enough Government patronage. I've transversed across Nigeria and there are different types of settlements. Orlu is a vast but nonnucleated settlements of different related peoples. Oguta is a decent urban, Mgbidi, Umuakah, Okwudor, Orlu town, Amaifeke, Umuna, Nkwerre, Amaigbo, Ogboko, Akokwa, Agbaja etc are urban and semi urban independent nucleated settlements that form Orlu zone. They are not that bad

For example this is

Umuaka town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_GWfFXRGrU?si=cCI8vzrCQhtDk_eq

And this is Orlu urban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxkPmp0hFxE?si=QnvOFy-qsT06Z-tY
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 8:00pm On Jun 22
Abagworo:

You're writing thrash. Orlu is developed to it's capacity and has enjoyed enough Government patronage. I've transversed across Nigeria and there are different types of settlements. Orlu is a vast but nonnucleated settlements of different related peoples. Oguta is a decent urban, Mgbidi, Umuakah, Okwudor, Orlu town, Amaifeke, Umuna, Nkwerre, Amaigbo, Ogboko, Akokwa, Agbaja etc are urban and semi urban independent nucleated settlements that form Orlu zone. They are not that bad

For example this is

Umuaka town

And this is Orlu urban

Abagworo, why is it that all you know about Orlu Municipal LGA, is those four roads enlarged by Okorocha government, now added Orlu end of Owerri-Orlu federal highway?
If you move onto Orlu and see the rot of dillapidated urban roads, vis a vis the shining urban roads in Owerri Municipal, Owerri West and Owerri North local government areas, you will brand Imo a state of FRAUD. Yes, govs from Orlu zone did it, you know why and how, as a veteran of Imo politics.
Orlu Municipal LGA is left with no governnent institution that can boast of population of 500 people, but Owerri Municipal LGA has all federal and state ministries and paratarals with AIFCE and IMSU, even the staff and students of FUTO, FedPoly, Fed. College of Lands and Survey live mostly in Owerri Municipal LGA which has now expanded beyond Owerri West and Owerri North and going to Ngor Okpala axis.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 8:02pm On Jun 22
Abagworo:

For example this is

Umuaka town

And this is Orlu urban

Umuaka is in Njaba Local govt area of Orlu zone. Notable new development in Umuaka is the modern market built by Okorocha and the reconstructed Owerri-Orlu road. This new devt in Umuaka is not up to one quarter of new devts in Nwaorieubi or Orogwe in Owerri.
Oguta is a place provided modern infrastructures by oil companies.
ISOOADEC headquarters that was supposed to be built in Oguta or Ohaji-egbema area was built in Owerri. How?
Oru-Owerri fought Okorocha government to do that, the same way it fought Okorocha government hands down when info came that IMSU would be permanently relocated from Owerri to Ideato South LGA. Why the fights by Oru-Owerri?? Because Owerri is bent on leaving every other place outside Owerri zone to remain rural village status in Imo state.

Nobody knows whether the following is true or not: when Uzodinma government began, it was recommended to rebuild roads in Owerri as well as roads that lead to Owerri, that these roads are the economically viable roads in Imo state. Looking at Imo state since then, you may believe it. So it doesn't matter that govs have come mostly from Orlu zone. Orlu zone was deprived of government institutions that induce modern development. More than 90% of funds to Imo state circulate in Owerri senatorial district.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by irisher: 8:29pm On Jun 22
nwadikeokey11:
I don't think you got my brief, did you? I'm not more Igbo than them but I and no body in my state has ever rejected been Igbo or severally publicly denied been Igbo, in fact I and the people of my state are proud to be Igbo and I, we flunt our Igbones wherever I, we go. I, and we are never like over 95% of those your so called Delta Igbo that denies their Igbones and they are the people you are begging to belong to you Igbo. It is so shameful and disgraceful. People are mocking us over this, bro. I have never seen where people are begged, forced and wooed into belonging to where they publicly declared that they are not part of and doesn't wish to belong or associate with. I don't think you have met any of those your alleged Delta Igbo brothers and sisters before who boldly and publicly denied been Igbo. God forbid I regard such people nor beg them to belong to Igbo. I'm satisfied being Igbo and I'm comfortable with those who are proud of the great nation Igbo. To hell with those your so call Delta Igbo who denies been Igbo. Yes they ain't Igbo and will never be, so nothing good that comes to those who are proud Igbo will ever locate such people who denies been Igbo. What you reject and refused can never bless you, bear that in mind.. So yes, I'm more Igbo than them because I boldly affirm my Igbones and publicly declared and defend it wherever I go to. Can your so call Delta Igbo body and publicly declare and defend the nation called Igbo when face with any opposition? That's what makes the difference bro
I understand what you're saying, some Delta Igbos that grew up in Warri or Lagos do not accept to be addressed as Igbo despite bearing Igbo names and understanding Igbo language but I never conclude that every Delta Igbo do not proclaim their Igboness because the ratio of Delta Igbos avoiding the Igbo tags are just 1 out of 100.
I understood that some of these Delta Igbo children that denounce being Igbo were mostly Delta Igbo men that got married to Itshekiri, Isoko, Urobo, Warri women, so their mothers from Delta South usually give the children impression that they're Deltans and not Igbo.
At the other hand, I have come across so many Delta Igbo folks that are Igbo supremacists.

Delta Igbos have been agitating for Delta Igbo State for over 2 decades now so it's absolutely necessary for Ndi Igbo to support Anioma state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Objectivist04: 8:42pm On Jun 22
Obi1kenobi:

Of course, I expect there will be conspiracy theories about those devilish cabals of Owerri. But they can't escape the reality that their cries of marginalization are profoundly absurd given the fact that they have held the governorship for what will be almost 24 out of 28 years after Uzodinma's term. I actually believed their cries of marginalization until I read that fact, and now it's just difficult for me to take them seriously. It's the most unserious cry of marginalization I've ever heard. People who are that disingenuous should be feared, because if they can still be crying marginalization with such privileges, then what they are seeking is total dominance and control. All those Anambra communities they want to annex should be fearful of them.
You have said it all,. Orlu zone is the only zone to have ruled a state for 24 years in the entire country.
No other zone have achieved such a feat since 1999 still Orlu town looks derelict.
Just two years in office Soludo is already transforming his zone, building flyover and dualizing major roads with other roads he is constructing in the zone and you want him and his people to join Orlu people in their dream world state where they would use their number to subjugate them and unleash crass incompetence on them .

Orlu state is a fraud
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 9:17pm On Jun 22
Objectivist04:

You have said it all,. Orlu zone is the only zone to have ruled a state for 24 years in the entire country.
No other zone have achieved such a feat since 1999 still Orlu town looks derelict.
Just two years in office Soludo is already transforming his zone, building flyover and dualizing major roads with other roads he is constructing in the zone and you want him and his people to join Orlu people in their dream world state where they would use their number to subjugate them and unleash crass incompetence on them .

Adada state is a fraud

That Orlu town looks derelict according to you, is not the fault of the people from Orlu.

Orlu town was denied, and is still being denied, of government institutions and infrastructures because of old political grievances that some people in Imo state know of. Even the tiny bit of government establishments in Orlu are being removed this time. Latest is Imo polytechnic campus in Orlu now being removed from Orlu. Don't say it's because of the unknown gunmen thing in Orsu-Anambra south.

So the story of Orlu left derelict is a story which has no bearing with doing the just thing in Ala Igbo - create Orlu State as the 6th state in the SE zone.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:25pm On Jun 22
Amah70:

Umuaka is in Njaba Local govt area of Orlu zone. Notable new development in Umuaka is the modern market built by Okorocha and the reconstructed Owerri-Orlu road. This new devt in Umuaka is not up to one quarter of new devts in Nwaorieubi or Orogwe in Owerri.
ISOOADEC headquarters that was supposed to be built in Oguta or Ohaji-egbema area was built in Owerri. How?
Oru-Owerri fought Okorocha government to do that, the same way it fought Okorocha government hands down when info came that IMSU would be permanently relocated from Owerri to Ideato South LGA. Why the fights by Oru-Owerri?? Because Owerri is bent on leaving every other place outside Owerri zone to remain rural village status in Imo state.

Nobody knows whether the following is true or not: when Uzodinma government began, it was recommended to rebuild roads in Owerri as well as roads that lead to Owerri, that these roads are the economically viable roads in Imo state. Looking at Imo state since then, you may believe it. So it doesn't matter that govs have come mostly from Orlu zone. Orlu zone was deprived of government institutions that induce modern development. More than 90% of funds to Imo state circulate in Owerri senatorial district.

Lol.....it doesn't matter that our sons have controlled the state government and its resources for donkey years. grin Do you understand how ridiculous you sound? You people have managed to hoodwink many other Igbos just by persistence and sheer force of will and disingenuousness that you're marginalized (I was one of such hoodwinked people who didn't know anything about Imo politics), but it seems important for everyone to understand just how absurd the ostensible motivation for the Orlu state agitation is. Because- I don't see anyone with common sense who comes to understand the facts who could support your dishonest state agitation. All over this country, many groups are marginalized as ethnic minorities, religious minorities etc who haven't come close to having their sons as state governors for decades and have reaped absolutely nothing from their governments (think of Igbo communities in Benue, Kogi, Edo etc for example) and you jokers are crying about marginalization in an ethnically homogenous state where you have dominated its politics since '99. Just an absolute laughable joke.

Imo and Anambra states are veeery tiny states, smaller than some Northern local governments and smaller than Anioma zone of Delta (the 34th and 35th smallest states in Nigeria respectively out of the 36). And not particularly large populations. And among the most ethnically homogenous states in Nigeria. And all Christians. If they are going to be split for another state, there has to be very good reason to do so. And the fake, dishonest grievances of Orlu people in Imo state is a nonsense reason to split the territories of Imo and Anambra. It's also interesting that this agitation seems entirely driven by Orlu people without broad consultation. No credible Anambra organization, or traditional rulers, or elected Representatives, or Senators representing the areas of Anambra you wish to annex have come out in support. Even a number of the Imo communities have similarly rejected any inclusion in your agitations. And they should all be afraid of a group of people who despite dominating the political structure of their state, claim to be marginalized. Because if ruling a state for 24 out of 28 years is not good enough for you, then you'll probably try to dominate all these groups by ruling for 50 out of 50 years. grin

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 9:59pm On Jun 22
Obi1kenobi:

Lol.....it doesn't matter that our sons have controlled the state government and its resources for donkey years. grin Do you understand how ridiculous you sound? You people have managed to hoodwink many other Igbos just by persistence and sheer force of will and disingenuousness that you're marginalized (I was one of such hoodwinked people who didn't know anything about Imo politics), but it seems important for everyone to understand just how absurd the ostensible motivation for the Orlu state agitation is. Because- I don't see anyone with common sense who comes to understand the facts who could support your dishonest state agitation. All over this country, many groups are marginalized as ethnic minorities, religious minorities etc who haven't come close to having their sons as state governors for decades and have reaped absolutely nothing from their governments (think of Igbo communities in Benue, Kogi, Edo etc for example) and you jokers are crying about marginalization in an ethnically homogenous state where you have dominated its politics since '99. Just an absolute laughable joke.

Imo and Anambra states are veeery tiny states, smaller than some Northern local governments and smaller than Anioma zone of Delta (the 34th and 35th smallest states in Nigeria respectively out of the 36). And not particularly large populations. And among the most ethnically homogenous states in Nigeria. And all Christians. If they are going to be split for another state, there has to be very good reason to do so. And the fake, dishonest grievances of Orlu people in Imo state is a nonsense reason to split the territories of Imo and Anambra. It's also interesting that this agitation seems entirely driven by Orlu people without broad consultation. No credible Anambra organization, or traditional rulers, or elected Representatives, or Senators representing the areas of Anambra you wish to annex have come out in support. Even a number of the Imo communities have similarly rejected any inclusion in your agitations. And they should all be afraid of a group of people who despite dominating the political structure of their state, claim to be marginalized. Because if ruling a state for 24 out of 28 years is not good enough for you, then you'll probably try to dominate all these groups by ruling for 50 out of 50 years. grin

(1) new federating units in a country formed by different regions are not created with land mass or population as criterion, but with political correctness first as criterion.

You write like a buffoon - little or no senses

(2) if you have queries for the Imo governors from Orlu senatorial zone who refused to do expected development infrastructures in the Orlu headquarters of their sematorial district, go to them and ask.
Their private actions should not be obstacles to realising Orlu state for the millions of people who subscribe to it.

You have been on this 'Orlu is nothing' for days now. It's time you quited the thread and stop exposing your hatefilled and uncouth nature. You will not die if the area of more than 3million people in the 12 local government areas of Orlu zone is conceded the state status it merits going by the same method the five states in the southeast came into existence. Major part of SE's 5th state, Ebonyi, was cut out from old Anambra and Enugu states. Therefore the major part of SE's 6th state should be cut out from Imo state. You are a dumbo if you don't understand this. Knowledgeable Igbos understand that.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by irisher: 9:59pm On Jun 22
nwadikeokey11:
The inhabitants who were attracted to Owerri from all parts of Imo state and beyond because of the federal and state institutions and investment in Owerri not because of the investment or development by the ndigens of Owerri right? Can you name just one known billionaire from Owerri zone, just one. I'm waiting.
It's not about being a billionaire or having the highest numbers of multimillionaires in your region. The indigenes of Owerri are known to be more educated than others, the people of Owerri are more educated than other regions of Imo State.
I have met so many old professors, Mathematicians & retired Medical Doctors from Owerri but I will not attest that to Orlu folks.

Now, btw a community with many illiterate rich people and a community with "very educated" people which community do you think will attract more human resources and modern development?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 10:08pm On Jun 22
irisher:

It's not about being a billionaire or having the highest numbers of multimillionaires in your region. The indigenes of Owerri are known to be more educated than others, the people of Owerri are more educated than other regions of Imo State.
I have met so many old professors, Mathematicians & retired Medical Doctors from Owerri but I will not attest that to Orlu folks.

Now, btw a community with many illiterate rich people and a community with "very educated" people which community do you think will attract more human resources and modern development?

Okay, develop your Owerri zone in a new Owerri state, with its more educated professors and doctors.

Why all your efforts to keep Orlu zone in the same Imo state with Owerri, after your educated folks from Owerri literally seized all government institutions that induce developmment wherever located, and got all located in Owerri area?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Toobongo: 10:12pm On Jun 22
Imo state is almost a failed state because of orlu zone greed for power,all in the name of having a larger population against other zones,yet they ate filled with ineffective and inefficant beings as governor . Take power away from orlu zone and see imo grow to its full potentials. See Ebonyi of yesterday firing from all cylinders. See what otti is doing in abia ,making all abians happy and proud of their state. Amah 70 dont worry ,next election still vote another of your incapable orlu brothers to power again,and come back to disturb us with your long bible story why useless orlu state should be created with any part of anambra state included, nonsense

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:54pm On Jun 22
Amah70:

What else do you want Government to do? Do you want Umuakah to be like Owerri city or to become crowded and used up completely before you'd accept it's d
good enough. Crowded area is not equivalent to development otherwise Makoko would have been considered more developed than Abuja or Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Objectivist04: 10:56pm On Jun 22
Amah70:

(1) new federating units in a country formed by different regions are not created with land mass or population as criterion, but with political correctness first as criterion.

(2) if you have queries for the Imo governors from Orlu senatorial zone who refused to do expected development infrastructures in the Orlu headquarters of their sematorial district, go to them and ask.
Their private actions should not be obstacles to realising Orlu state for the millions of people who subscribe to it.

You have been on this 'Orlu is nothing' for days now. It's time you quited the thread and stop exposing your hatefilled and uncouth nature. You will not die if the area of more than 3million people in the 12 local government areas of Orlu zone is conceded the state status it merits going by the same method the five states in the southeast came into existence. Major part of SE's 5th state, Ebonyi, was cut out from old Anambra and Enugu states. Therefore the major part of SE's 6th state should be cut out from Imo state. You are a dumbo if you don't understand this. Knowledgeable Igbos understand that.

Being dishonest will not help your cause , how was Ebonyi cut out from old Anambra and Enugu state, it is like you are uninformed.

Ebonyi was carved out from enugu and Abia state and by extension from old Anambra (Enugu) and old Imo (Abia)

The initial states were Anambra and imo created by murtala regime in 1976, then in 1991 babangida administration splits the two stats into two Anambra became Anambra and Enugu while imo became imo and Abia.

In 1996 abacha in a bid to achieve equity created Ebonyi out of enugu (old Anambra) and Abia (old Imo) , so I don't know how you came with Ebonyi being carved from enugu and old Anambra.

Imo state was not disadvantaged in any way
when it comes to state creation.
You are simply being mischievous

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:00pm On Jun 22
Toobongo:
Imo state is almost a failed state because of orlu zone greed for power,all in the name of having a larger population against other zones,yet they ate filled with ineffective and inefficant beings as governor . Take power away from orlu zone and see imo grow to its full potentials. See Ebonyi of yesterday firing from all cylinders. See what otti is doing in abia ,making all abians happy and proud of their state. Amah 70 dont worry ,next election still vote another of your incapable orlu brothers to power again,and come back to disturb us with your long bible story why useless orlu state should be created with any part of anambra state included, nonsense

Imo is one of the best States in Nigeria based on every available statistics. You and others like you have been working hard to demarket the State and belittle her great achievement for sake of politics. I have not seen you guys invest so much energy in calling out your Governors for the rot in Anambra State. Worry more about the sorry state of Nnewi roads and the recent Kwashiorkor stricken roads built in Onitsha before dedicating your miserable life on how to run down a State doing better than yours for now.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by nwadikeokey11: 11:04pm On Jun 22
irisher:

I understand what you're saying, some Delta Igbos that grew up in Warri or Lagos do not accept to be addressed as Igbo despite bearing Igbo names and understanding Igbo language but I never conclude that every Delta Igbo do not proclaim their Igboness because the ratio of Delta Igbos avoiding the Igbo tags are just 1 out of 100.
I understood that some of these Delta Igbo children that denounce being Igbo were mostly Delta Igbo men that got married to Itshekiri, Isoko, Urobo, Warri women, so their mothers from Delta South usually give the children impression that they're Deltans and not Igbo.
At the other hand, I have come across so many Delta Igbo folks that are Igbo supremacists.

Delta Igbos have been agitating for Delta Igbo State for over 2 decades now so it's absolutely necessary for Ndi Igbo to support Anioma state.
If indeed they sincerely and openly declared their Igboness then Anioma state is more appropriate. I don't support any Orlu state rubbish whether there will be Anioma state or not, for they are driven by greed. I'm from Okigwe zone in Imo state and if Orlu zone which have been ruling Imo since the return of democracy in 1999 are raving over a supposed marginalization what do they expect us that had had the opportunity to govern for just 4yrs to do? The only thing I deduced from what these Orlu state propagatos are ranting about is that they want Orlu state so that they can get the state capital sited in their Orlu zone so that that would enable them to develop like Owerri. Very terrible human beings indeed. I support Anioma state if only they have whole heartedly aligned with the Igbo across river nija.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by nwadikeokey11: 11:23pm On Jun 22
irisher:

Where did you get that statistics from that Owerri people are more educated than people from other zone in the state? Can you point out a link please. Beside if indeed they are so educated then what have they been able to create, produce or develop with their education? You go to school to acquire knowledge which will enable you to be creative and productive thereby creating wealth which therefore would gender development. Please show me Owerri people production , creativity plus development in Imo state? My father was already educated as far back as 1930s. My uncle schooled in Great Britain and retired as perm sec of finance in that same Owerri Imo state, and we are not from Owerri zone. Can you tell me how many people, from your dad to your uncle's down to this present generation of your family are well educated? Tell me and I can tell you that all my uncles including my late dad were educated. My dad is late now and so some of my uncles, only the former perm sec is still alive and almost 90 if not more than. If my dad was alive he would be 102yrs this year and he was very very educated. Almost every body in my family beginning from my dad, uncles down to this present generation is educated. Education had been in my family for close to a century now. So wha are you talking about? I will really like to see the link, so please show me the link that designated Owerri people as the most educated in Imo state, and while you are at it, also show me what they have created, produced and developed with their education and knowledge. I'm waiting. Thank you.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 0bjpmb: 11:35pm On Jun 22
Ediotic frustrated cursed animal , you like living in denial even when the poster is from your useless cursed backward shambolic imo state. Check all the positive statistics in Nigeria today, Anambra beats imo state in everyone of them. Onitsha is like America compare to your slum ghetto Owerri that’s filled with dilapidated muddy roads from world bank to Orji to Obinze, Akwakwuna,etc . Onitsha has by far better roads and overall infrastructures than Owerri. Have you wondered why most imo indigenes prefers to live in Onitsha than your cursed glorified village Owerri? Go and find out why mumu. Almost all the rich imo indigenes from Chrisoral to orange drugs, etc , all live in Onitsha. Shameless people. Nnewi is equally has a bigger economy than Owerri. Anambra is by far doing well and better developed than your useless imo state in all areas of development . Mention one good infrastructure in your backward imo state let’s compare it with the one in Anambra . Ediot is like you don’t know your mate anymore .

Abagworo:

Imo is one of the best States in Nigeria based on every available statistics. You and others like you have been working hard to demarket the State and belittle her great achievement for sake of politics. I have not seen you guys invest so much energy in calling out your Governors for the rot in Anambra State. Worry more about the sorry state of Nnewi roads and the recent Kwashiorkor stricken roads built in Onitsha before dedicating your miserable life on how to run down a State doing better than yours for now.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by 0bjpmb: 11:35pm On Jun 22
You are very correct. Imo state is a failed state . Imo state is clearly the worst and most backward state in southern Nigeria

Toobongo:

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 11:36pm On Jun 22
nwadikeokey11:
If indeed they sincerely and openly declared their Igboness then Anioma state is more appropriate. I don't support any Orlu state rubbish whether there will be Anioma state or not, for they are driven by greed. I'm from Okigwe zone in Imo state and if Orlu zone who have been ruling Imo since the return of democracy in 1999 are raving over a supposed marginalization what do they expect us that had had the opportunity to govern for just 4yrs to do? The only thing I deduced from what these Orlu state propagatos are ranting about is that they want Orlu state so that they can get the state capital sited in their Orlu zone so that that would enable them to develop like Owerri. Very terrible human beings indeed. I support Anioma state if only they have whole heartedly aligned with the Igbo across river nija.

I read a lot of people that write like you writing that gov Hope Uzodinma, Hon Ugochinyere and their other criminal cartels from Orlu zone, are demanding for Orlu state for their selfish interests.
You people are wrong.
In 2005 was the first time Orlu state was demanded at the National Political Reforms Conference in Abuja.
Before then, Njaba state had been the name for those demanding the same state.

Uzodinma and Ugochinyere were not at the Political Reforms Conference.

Orlu state demand continues to prop up as number one. Once it is pronounced, those who want to keep Orlu zone as part of Imo state at all costs would start to engineer Anioma and Nsukka to it.
Bottom line, Orlu state proposal is for adequate political representation of Igbos of southeast in the Central government. It's to close the gap of loss of federal allocations to the southeast, it's not a selfish drive by anybody or group of people.
In 2006, the then governor of Anambra State from Uli, Mbadinuju with traditional rulers from most of Anambra south agreed upon Njaba state with the then gov of Imo state, Udenwa and traditional rulers from Orlu senatorial district.
Ohaneze Nd'Igbo then led by Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, adopted Njaba and took it to the NASS to be created as 6th state in the southeast area. Not much has changed since then.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:52pm On Jun 22
Amah70:

Nigeria runs a unitary system of government, not a regional government and geopolitical zones have no constitutional relevance in this country. Landmass, population, ethnoreligious fault lines etc are important means of creating economically and socio-culturally viable federating units - which is what states should be rather than just unviable, useless entities collecting Federal allocation every month. The SE as it is presently constituted (tiniest landmass by far, smallest population, ethnoreligious homogeneity) does not merit an additional state, except parts of the SS or Middle Belt with Igbo minorities are carved into it, expanding SE territory. That other regions of Nigeria have even pretended to take SE state agitations seriously has always been pretty idiotic. The SW with its massive population, or the Middle Belt with its ethnic diversity would deserve a 7th state like the NW, before you even talk of the SE getting a 6th state. At least, in a serious country rather than the laughingstock Nigeria is. Only a "buffoon" thinks "political correctness" should be the definitive factor in state creation rather than other much more pressing, practical realities.

Lol.... What a fuccktard. I should go and ask the useless governors from the zone that have ruled the state for donkey years why they brought no development to your zone. grin The people who elected the failed leaders (while blaming Owerri people for the incompetence of their useless leaders) from Orlu zone shouldn't ask them: I should ask them. No, I won't ask them anything. Your state agitation based on your fake, dishonest deeply unserious grievances is already dead on arrival. If you aren't civilized enough to elect competence, and demand accountability from your leaders, and find mutually beneficial political arrangements in a Christian, ethnically homogenous, small state, it shouldn't be up the rest of us to support your dumb state agitation, to bail you out of problems created by your own incompetence.

Ebonyi was a historically marginalized zone - unlike the fake marginalization cries of the unserious people who keep crying marginalization despite ruling a state for what would be almost 24 years out of 28 when Uzodinma completes his 2nd term. I honestly can't believe how shameless some of you are to be crying marginalization - given your unprecedented privileges in Imo state. I don't think you can find any state in Nigeria where 1 out of 3 Senatorial zones has had such dominance over a state's affairs since 1999. And you're trying to compare your situation with the creation of Ebonyi. Very shameless, dishonest idiocy. "Knowledgeable Igbos" do not understand your silly agitation. Every single community in Anambra that you have proposed to annex for your dream state has distanced themselves from your agitation. Even a number of communities within your own Orlu zone have distanced themselves from you. The only drivers of the Orlu state agenda that I have seen anywhere are Orlu people. Don't project your obsessions on other people who don't care about it.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:11am On Jun 23
Amah70:

I read a lot of people that write like you writing that gov Hope Uzodinma, Hon Ugochinyere and their other criminal cartels from Orlu zone, are demanding for Orlu state for their selfish interests.
You people are wrong.
In 2005 was the first time Orlu state was demanded at the National Political Reforms Conference in Abuja.

Orlu state demand continues to prop up as number one. Once it is pronounced, those who want to keep Orlu zone as part of Imo state at all costs would start to engineer Anioma and Nsukka to it.
Bottom line, Orlu state proposal is for adequate political representation of Igbos of southeast in the Central government. It's to close the gap of loss of federal allocations to the southeast, it's not a selfish drive by anybody or group of people.
In 2006, the then governor of Anambra State from Uli, Mbadinuju with traditional rulers from most of Anambra south agreed upon Njaba state with the then gov of Imo state, Udenwa and traditional rulers from Orlu senatorial district.
Ohaneze Nd'Igbo then led by Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, adopted Njaba and took it to the NASS to be created as 6th state in the southeast area. Not much has changed since then.

You can tell the emboldened to gullible nursery school children, but every serious observer of the "Orlu state" knows that it is driven by the interests and ambitions of Orlu people - who think they can make Orlu a state capital (as proposed in the unserious bill sponsored by Ugochinyere) and divert all the resources of their new state to themselves. Imagine thinking there is any serious person who thinks Orlu state agitations is some altruistic campaign in service of the interests of the whole SE. grin WHo do you think you're fooling?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 12:25am On Jun 23
Obi1kenobi:

Nigeria runs a unitary system of government, not a regional government and geopolitical zones have no constitutional relevance in this country. Landmass, population, ethnoreligious fault lines etc are important means of creating economically and socio-culturally viable federating units - which is what states should be rather than just unviable, useless entities collecting Federal allocation every month. The SE as it is presently constituted (tiniest landmass by far, smallest population, ethnoreligious homogeneity) does not merit an additional state, except parts of the SS or Middle Belt with Igbo minorities are carved into it, expanding SE territory. That other regions of Nigeria have even pretended to take SE state agitations seriously has always been pretty idiotic. The SW with its massive population, or the Middle Belt with its ethnic diversity would deserve a 7th state like the NW, before you even talk of the SE getting a 6th state. At least, in a serious country rather than the laughingstock Nigeria is. Only a "buffoon" thinks "political correctness" should be the definitive factor in state creation rather than other much more pressing, practical realities.

Lol.... What a fuccktard. I should go and ask the useless governors from the zone that have ruled the state for donkey years why they brought no development to your zone. grin The people who elected the failed leaders (while blaming Owerri people for the incompetence of their useless leaders) from Orlu zone shouldn't ask them: I should ask them. No, I won't ask them anything. Your state agitation based on your fake, dishonest deeply unserious grievances is already dead on arrival. If you aren't civilized enough to elect competence, and demand accountability from your leaders, and find mutually beneficial political arrangements in a Christian, ethnically homogenous, small state, it shouldn't be up the rest of us to support your dumb state agitation, to bail you out of problems created by your own incompetence.

Ebonyi was a historically marginalized zone - unlike the fake marginalization cries of the unserious people who keep crying marginalization despite ruling a state for what would be almost 24 years out of 28 when Uzodinma completes his 2nd term. I honestly can't believe how shameless some of you are to be crying marginalization - given your unprecedented privileges in Imo state. I don't think you can find any state in Nigeria where 1 out of 3 Senatorial zones has had such dominance over a state's affairs since 1999. And you're trying to compare your situation with the creation of Ebonyi. Very shameless, dishonest idiocy. "Knowledgeable Igbos" do not understand your silly agitation. Every single community in Anambra that you have proposed to annex for your dream state has distanced themselves from your agitation. Even a number of communities within your own Orlu zone have distanced themselves from you. The only drivers of the Orlu state agenda that I have seen anywhere are Orlu people. Don't project your obsessions on other people who don't care about it.

You people from the other side of Imo state pretend you don't understand that having Anioma as the 6th state for the southeast zone is like lowering political representation of Igbos in Abuja central government.
Do the Arithmetic: Anioma has two federal constituencies, a lot don't accept they are Igbo.

Orlu senatorial zone has three federal constituencies. If they make Anioma the 6th state for the SE zone, but keep Orlu zone still in Imo state, Nd'Igbo loses federal Constituencies in representation at Abuja central government.

Methinks, the disdain for Orlu in many of you from the other parts of Imo state, disdain flowing from your anger that govs from Orlu senatorial zone have governed Imo state most of the time since
return to democracy in 1999, that is driving you people insane to ask for Anioma in the Southsouth zone as 6th state in the SE area. Some of you also ask for an unthinkable division of former Enugu State for the 2nd time for Nsukka area (Adada), to be the 6th SE state; while Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe remain in Imo state. You people should be ashamed of what you are driving for.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 12:52am On Jun 23
Na today? In 2007, a man who was in the Editorial board of Guardian Newspaper asked the federal governnent led by Obasanjo to arrest and imprison people asking for creation of new states.

The man happened to be from Owerri senatorial zone.

Njaba state (now named Orlu state for the 2nd time) was penciled down for creation as 6th state for the southeast area then, after the delegates of the National Assembly Committee for Constitutional Ammendments toured the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria and obtained a consensus to amend the Constitution and create a 6th state in the southeast for political correctness. Ohaneze Nd'Igbo took Njaba state proposal to the National Assembly for creation as 6th state for the southeast area. But the then Senate President, Ken Nnamani, threw away the baby with the bathtub in his anger over the purported 3rd term for then president Olusegun Obasanjo. The rest is history.

About 20 years after, some apolitical elements from Owerri zone have started on the same mission with the then member of Guardian Editorial board. The man was eventually pushed out of Guardian Editorial board for using his position for parochial interest.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 1:32am On Jun 23
Obi1kenobi:

Nigeria runs a unitary system of government, not a regional government and geopolitical zones have no constitutional relevance in this country. Landmass, population, ethnoreligious fault lines etc are important means of creating economically and socio-culturally viable federating units - which is what states should be
rather than just unviable,

useless entities collecting Federal allocation every month. The SE as it is presently constituted (tiniest landmass by far, smallest population, ethnoreligious homogeneity) does not merit an additional state, except parts of the SS or Middle Belt with Igbo minorities are carved into it, expanding SE territory. That other regions of Nigeria have even pretended to take SE state agitations seriously has always been pretty idiotic. The SW with its massive population, or the Middle Belt with its ethnic diversity would deserve a 7th state like the NW, before you even talk of the SE getting a 6th state. At least, in a serious country rather than the laughingstock Nigeria is. Only a "buffoon" thinks "political correctness" should be the definitive factor in state creation rather than other much more pressing, practical realities.

Ebonyi was a historically marginalized zone.
Two bolded lines from you.

"You don't create a new state to kill an existing state," that was the refrain from Owerri zone in 2006 when Njaba state proposal was about to be created as 6th state for the southeast area. You people have started again.

If you tour Owerri and Orlu today and don't see that Orlu area is over-marginalised in Imo state, like Ebonyi area was before Ebonyi state was created, you can't tell your teeth even the simple truth.
The marginalization of Orlu area is a product of Owerri literally seizing all government tertiary education institutions and government establishments that are supposed to be distributed to all over the crannies and nooks of Imo state to engineer human and economic development in all areas of Imo state, but Oru-Owerri got those institutions including FUTO, Fed Polytechnic, Imo state university, Fed College of Lands and Survey, AIFCE, all federal government housing estates, all federal ministries and paratarals, all state government institutions and parastatals in Imo state, located in Owerri area.

Owerri zone is stupendously rich now, such that Owerri zone as a state is viable. Above that, Oru-Owerri politicians know that Owerri is more related to Ikwerre in Rivers state culturally and traditionally, than Owerri is related to Orlu zone, and that's why Oru-Owerri struggles to have all government establishments to Imo state be located in Owerri area, no consideration for what it can leave in Orlu and Okigwe zones to induce modern development in Orlu and Okigwe areas.
If a sixth state in the southeast area is to be created, since Nigeria is not willing to return to regional or zonal government system, the sixth state MUST have Orlu zone as its nucleus. If most of Anambra south these days is unwilling to return to their old Orlu division for Orlu state, Orlu senatorial zone as a state is most viable, like Owerri senatorial zone will be viable as a state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ariesbull: 5:20am On Jun 23
Amah70:

Two bolded lines from you.

"You don't create a new state to kill an existing state," that was the refrain from Owerri zone in 2006 when Njaba state proposal was about to be created as 6th state for the southeast area. You people have started again.

If you tour Owerri and Orlu today and don't see that Orlu area is over-marginalised in Imo state, like Ebonyi area was before Ebonyi state was created, you can't tell your teeth even the simple truth.
The marginalization of Orlu area is a product of Owerri literally seizing all government tertiary education institutions and government establishments that are supposed to be distributed to all over the crannies and nooks of Imo state to engineer human and economic development in all areas of Imo state, but Oru-Owerri got those institutions including FUTO, Fed Polytechnic, Imo state university, Fed College of Lands and Survey, AIFCE, all federal government housing estates, all federal ministries and paratarals, all state government institutions and parastatals in Imo state, located in Owerri area.

Owerri zone is stupendously rich now, such that Owerri zone as a state is viable. Above that, Oru-Owerri politicians know that Owerri is more related to Ikwerre in Rivers state culturally and traditionally, than Owerri is related to Orlu zone, and that's why Oru-Owerri struggles to have all government establishments to Imo state be located in Owerri area, no consideration for what it can leave in Orlu and Okigwe zones to induce modern development in Orlu and Okigwe areas.
If a sixth state in the southeast area is to be created, since Nigeria is not willing to return to regional or zonal government system, the sixth state MUST have Orlu zone as its nucleus. If most of Anambra south these days is unwilling to return to their old Orlu division for Orlu state, Orlu senatorial zone as a state is most viable, like Owerri senatorial zone will be viable as a state.

Lies ! Orlu has been ruling just that Orlu has been cursed and will never develop....IMSU has campus in Orlu
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ariesbull: 5:23am On Jun 23
Amah70:

You people from the other side of Imo state pretend you don't understand that having Anioma as the 6th state for the southeast zone is like lowering political representation of Igbos in Abuja central government.
Do the Arithmetic: Anioma has two federal constituencies, a lot don't accept they are Igbo.

Orlu senatorial zone has three federal constituencies. If they make Anioma the 6th state for the SE zone, but keep Orlu zone still in Imo state, Nd'Igbo loses federal Constituencies in representation at Abuja central government.

Methinks, the disdain for Orlu in many of you from the other parts of Imo state, disdain flowing from your anger that govs from Orlu senatorial zone have governed Imo state most of the time since
return to democracy in 1999, that is driving you people insane to ask for Anioma in the Southsouth zone as 6th state in the SE area. Some of you also ask for an unthinkable division of former Enugu State for the 2nd time for Nsukka area (Adada), to be the 6th SE state; while Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe remain in Imo state. You people should be ashamed of what you are driving for.
if it's the question of orlu has governed Imo state then it will be nice to get rid of Orlu ...but that is not the case

The issue is that people see Orlu people as backward and cunning that's the truth and would t rent to be associated with failures

Anion state is the best and that is what Anambra and Enugu are supporting and you know in Igbo land what the Anambra says stands and that will happen and Anambra has connection with Anioma ...they will support Anioma to be part of South East and they will create new constituencies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ariesbull: 5:28am On Jun 23
Amah70:

That Orlu town looks derelict according to you, is not the fault of the people from Orlu.

Orlu town was denied, and is still being denied, of government institutions and infrastructures because of old political grievances that some people in Imo state know of. Even the tiny bit of government establishments in Orlu are being removed this time. Latest is Imo polytechnic campus in Orlu now being removed from Orlu. Don't say it's because of the unknown gunmen thing in Orsu-Anambra south.

So the story of Orlu left derelict is a story which has no bearing with doing the just thing in Ala Igbo - create Orlu State as the 6th state in the SE zone.

Stop using government institutions as an excuse ! Can't we copy Anambra people that develop their state without looking at government?

How many Orlu people are building investment in that region

How many Orlu people are building their roads without government like Anambra

How many Orlu people are building hospitals and giving to communities like Anambra

Why is it that Imo people we don't like bringing investment home

How can we develop as a state ...now everyone has abandoned Orlu zone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ariesbull: 5:29am On Jun 23
Amah70:

If you truly believe that a city, like Owerri, develops through the ingenuity of its people, why then are you here all day all night in veiled campaign to retain Orlu zone with you in Owerri in Imo state? Okwa ihuru unu, you are cuny like green serpents; that's why you people have used state capital mantra to locate all govt facility for Imo state in Owerri area; govt establishments that should have been evenly distributed all over Imo state to attract human population to all over Imo state for modern development.
There are more thsn than 300,000 staff and students from all the 5 federal government tertiary education institutions in Owerri. Money from the institutions circulate in Owerri. Rest of Imo state deteriorate.
Let Orlu area breathe please. Having Orlu with Owerri in the same state; with Oru-Owerri people swearing that no important government establishment must be located outside Owerri zone; this has led to Owerri state unofficially.
stop giving excuse ho and build industry in Orlu if Owerri is focusing on education

In Anambra Onitsha is focusing on commerce , Nnewi is focusing on industry while Awka is administration and education

What is Orlu zone known for ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ariesbull: 5:30am On Jun 23
cadmanspize:
Orlu state creation is driven of convetousness of Orlu people. After years of rulling imo, na to dey cry marginalisation. Dead Aim.
exactly
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Objectivist04: 7:36am On Jun 23
Amah70:

You people are wrong.

Mbadinuju governor by 2006 ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Objectivist04: 7:49am On Jun 23
ariesbull:
if it's the question of orlu has governed Imo state then it will be nice to get rid of Orlu ...but that is not the case

The issue is that people see Orlu people as backward and cunning that's the truth and would t rent to be associated with failures

Anion state is the best and that is what Anambra and Enugu are supporting and you know in Igbo land what the Anambra says stands and that will happen and Anambra has connection with Anioma ...they will support Anioma to be part of South East and they will create new constituencies
"In Igbo land what Anambra says stands"
Can you give me an example of the quoted piece,. Just one example

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.