Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,455 members, 7,964,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 10:46 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2498870 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (1038) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2016
Roads

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
Even the flyover previously rumoured about being built with 6 inches block has suddenly changed to concrete.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
The hospitals thought by many to be abandoned are even being equipped stage by stage and will still turn out beautiful.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
Chiwude:
Why do you like contradicting yourself? You boldly claim that Udenwa never tarred any road in Orlu urban. Who constructed the Orlu-Akokwa road. Who tarred the Amaigbo road, Owus avenue, Ihioma road, the new Orlu-Owerri road, Umuaka-Nkwerre road and other laudable projects to numerous to mention.
Second, Arthur Nzeribe as Senator of Orlu zone since the second republic and before his replacement was always counter-productive in things that concerns the zone. Please provide the links to the so-called project your benefactor Authur Nzeribe attracted to Orlu zone in his over 30years as Senator. You made mention of NDDC projects sited in areas like Orlu urban, Ohaji-Egbema and other L.G.A in the zone and in a futile attempt to tie it to Nzeribe. Laughable! Can you even mention just one single project, just one Nzeribe carried out in Oguta his home town? Oguta is also your town which is even more easier to go on the fact finding mission.
The truth is that Nzeribe's tenure as Senator of Orlu was one of ineptitude, failure and collosal bondage. He held Orlu captive in the Senate and diverted all Federal goodies coming to the zone into his pocket. Thank God he was roundly rejected by ndi-Orlu in the 2007 senatorial polls. And thank God for Achike Udenwa who became the vessel used to pull him down.
Ex-Governor Achike Udenwa was the best thing that happened to Orlu zone. His effort made the federal government add areas like Ohaji-Egbema/Oguta into the list of oil bearing communities and it's was through his tireless battles that Imo state began reaping the dividends of the NDDC which ones used to be cornered mischievously to Rivers state. He established the only recognized higher institution of learning in the zone at Ohaji-Egbema -the Imo state polytechnic Umuagwo. At Orlu urban, he constructed the Sam Okwaraji stadium, the international market, the housing estate (now turned school of health) the federal high court complex, IMSUTH, and the school of nursing, Amaigbo. The federal government through his influence added Oguta among the designated areas for future seaport project in the country and so much projects his parly with then President Obasanjo attracted to Ndi-Orlu/Ndi-Imo.
So please give honour to whom honour is due.
You just spoke my mind. Is it because Abagworo is an Oguta man just like Nzeribe that's why he's defending him? As far as i know, Nzeribe didn't bring a single development to Orlu. He was more concerned about Oguta his home. If any development for Orlu didn't favor Oguta, he works against it.

how can i forget the million march against him in Orlu which i partook in?

Nzeribe did not bring a single development to Orlu!! ho ha!!

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
Abagworo:
Even the flyover previously rumoured about being built with 6 inches block has suddenly changed to concrete.
well I am inclined to believe this is amakaohia flyover because I know this is definitely not orji as I know how orji own looks like
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
asha80:
well I am inclined to believe this is amakaohia flyover because I know this is definitely not orji as I know how orji own looks like

It's Orji
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
Abagworo:

It's Orji
then remove that amakohia label you gave

Also this must the view from orji end as I aware of the from both ends sides of imsu end
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
Beremx:
You just spoke my mind. Is it because Abagworo is an Oguta man just like Nzeribe that's why he's defending him? As far as i know, Nzeribe didn't bring a single development to Orlu. He was more concerned about Oguta his home. If any development for Orlu didn't favor Oguta, he works against it.

You've written out of ignorance. Who do you think brought about FG constructing Owerr/Orlu Road, Owerri/Onitsha Road, Ihiala/Anara Road and Excess NDDC substandard village road projects to Orlu zone? Maybe because he wasn't a Governor you are underestimating his influence in the legislature.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 9:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
Abagworo:

You've written out of ignorance. Who do you think brought about FG constructing Owerr/Orlu Road, Owerri/Onitsha Road, Ihiala/Anara Road and Excess NDDC substandard village road projects to Orlu zone? Maybe because he wasn't a Governor you are underestimating his influence in the legislature.
You lie Abagworo!! Nzeribe brought nothing to Orlu.
Stop lying please!

Hian!! angry

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
Since nzeribe has gone can someone point out hope uzodinma and what he has influenced to orlu axis( though I know he is from oru west or is it east?)
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2016
Beremx:
You lie Abagworo!! Nzeribe brought nothing to Orlu.
Stop lying please!

Hian!! angry

I've listed roads he attracted, it left for you to verify instead of calling me a liar. On the NDDC projects we can counter with Idiga's influence through Alaibe. Izunaso has gone, Hope is equally there. What have they brought to Orlu?

asha80:
Since nzeribe has gone can someone point out hope uzodinma and what he has influenced to orlu axis( though I know he is from oru west or is it east?)
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
Abagworo:

I've listed roads he attracted, it left for you to verify instead of calling me a liar. On the NDDC projects we can counter with Idiga's influence through Alaibe. Izunaso has gone, Hope is equally there. What have they brought to Orlu?

No senator from Orlu zone has brought federal developments to the zone. Fact!!
All they know is to steal the money allocated to the zone.

smh

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ijedallar: 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
this pics have not added any new thing since 2yrs ago,why?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
Beremx:

smh

Those roads I mentioned, who brought them?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 11:17pm On Mar 24, 2016
Abagworo:

You further irritate people from Orlu when you make this claim of Nzeribe contributing a single development to Orlu.

Look, Nzeribe undermined infrastructural and political development of Orlu.

Example, Njaba STATE with Orlu as capital could have been realized under OBJ govt, but for Arthur Nzeribe's anti-Orlu politics which brought in other areas like Nsukka and Okigwe to claim the sixth state.

Thus Nzeribe threw bad blood into south east's agitation for a sixth state.

Orlu was in the same league with Awka in 1996. Orlu could have been undergoing similar transformation as Awka today.

Njaba remains the denied sixth state in the south east.

This is why as Gov. Okorocha administration relegated Orlu to village status, many people wonder if Okorocha actually knows the history of Imo state.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 11:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
Beremx:

smh

Uzodinma Hope said in his 2011 campaign that since he was a child, he had heard politicians from Orlu zone, including K.O Mbadiwe, moan about absence of pipe borne water in Orlu. He asked to be voted senator so as to bring sustainable public water supply for the first time to Orlu.

Uzodinma has won twice - by magic - and disappeared to his home and Abuja.

Arthur Nzeribe was the senator representing Orlu zone when Mbakwe government which Nzeribe was in same party with "ate" the then multi million Dollar Regional water supply Scheme which IMSG proposed for nearly all the local government councils in Orlu zone.

An Ideato man was Mbakwe's stiff opponent then. Because of the man, Mbakwe completed or started similar water supply projects in Owerri, Okigwe, Umuahia and Aba - but continued endless feasibility studies for Orlu regional water supply Scheme.

Okorocha became governor and didn't know the history of Imo state. He couldn't start from where other governors stopped.Okorocha is supposed to start the Orlu regional water supply Scheme.

But he seems rather to believe that Owerri is all about Imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AstraNetwork: 5:57am On Mar 25, 2016
You people should focus on discussing your useless state and leave Anambra or any part thereof out of this thread or I will relocate here fully and destroy this thread with the bitter truth pictures from Owerri and imo state at large. You'all should desist from mentioning our state here as we are not on the same level, go and look for your class up north. You people are warned!

[s]
mandax:

You further irritate people from Orlu when you make this claim of Nzeribe contributing a single development to Orlu.

Look, Nzeribe undermined infrastructural and political development of Orlu.

Example, Njaba STATE with Orlu as capital could have been realized under OBJ govt, but for Arthur Nzeribe's anti-Orlu politics which brought in other areas like Nsukka and Okigwe to claim the sixth state.

Thus Nzeribe threw bad blood into south east's agitation for a sixth state.

Orlu was in the same league with Awka in 1996. Orlu could have been undergoing similar transformation as Awka today.

Njaba remains the denied sixth state in the south east.

This is why as Gov. Okorocha administration relegated Orlu to village status, many people wonder if Okorocha actually knows the history of Imo state.
[/s]

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 9:23am On Mar 25, 2016
Orlu central - a 200 meters road started four years ago.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 9:24am On Mar 25, 2016
Orlu - Nkwo Ito area - Ihioma road, roughly hardly completed.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
Beremx:

Lol nzeribe is from awomamma. Not oguta.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 2:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

Francis Arthur Nzeribe is from Oguta
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
village in Isu LGA

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

he's from oguta and not awo mmamma. Chai!

grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
Governor Okorocha’s Visit To Orlu Local Govt. Area: What They Did Not Tell Him – By John Mgbe

Gov. Okorocha of Imo State has since embarked on what is described as “Verification Visits” to the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Imo State.

As I veer into discussing other areas that Governor Okorocha should focus attention ,I wish to state that in spite of real or perceived shortcomings, Governor Okorocha has done more for Orlu Local Government than was done in the twelve years of the PDP rule in Imo State. This statement also applies to the 27 LGAs in Imo state. However, the nexus of this viewpoint is not to list or profile his achievements in Orlu LGA or in the state. I am not one of his numerous political aides neither am I a card –carrying politician; I hope his party men and aides are in a better position to articulate his achievements in a grand style. So, nothing said in this viewpoint diminishes the fact that he has really tried to transform Orlu LGA as well as other LGAs to modern cities. The point being made is that in comparison to what we saw in the 12 years of PDP rule, Governor Okorocha’s record is without compare ; but he can even excel his records if he begins to listen to what people like us tell him instead of swallowing the garbage from his party members and aides in the State. Most of them do not believe in him and they will not give a damn to what happens to him in 2015. Most of them are hypocrites and political chameleons who do not wish him well.

[b]LIBRARY/ICT CENTRE: I will never get tired of reminding Governor Okorocha that a big lapse in his administration is the lack of modern libraries/Information Communications Technology Centres(ICTs) in the LGAs in the state. [/b]This is a major minus for his government. It is a paradox that an administration that is able to run a free education programme in the education sector does not deem it wise to include library and ICT parks in its fiscal budgets since 2012. In fact, in some areas the makeshift libraries are being shut down. I have perused the fiscal budgets of 2012,2013 and 2014 and am unable to see any clear-cut provision for the library /ICT infrastructure. I have seen a lot of the so-called legacy projects-5-star hotels,5-star edifices, and roads of all kinds and qualities, international conference centres, modern markets and even the ongoing new-look school buildings which are planned to spread across the 305 INEC wards but I am yet to hear this administration include library/ICT platforms in any of its fiscal budgets. This is a big deficit in planning which must be redressed now .A government that has the political will to deliver free education must of necessity build modern libraries and ICT parks to boot. In Orlu LGA, 95% of the secondary school leavers have not operated the computer at all. They do not know the difference between a television screen and a computer monitor; yet, they are supposed to take the same computer-based JAMB examinations which are scheduled to take off soon. So, such students are disadvantaged as they lack the requisite capability to compete effectively with their peers who are almost advanced in computer awareness. Today in Orlu municipality, there are no functional internet cafés where seekers of knowledge can browse in order to gratify their information needs. Here in Orlu, we need a library/ICT complex which will contain about 50 computer systems that are connected to high speed servers and a computer training adjunct to enhance computer literacy among the citizenry. It is hoped that the two commissioners for education (Professor Nnabue and DR Ejiogu) will personally move this agenda forward. It is not just in Orlu LGA; in fact, every LGA Chairman must be compelled to set up a modern library /internet wing in its area of jurisdiction.

[b]Lack of potable water: The last time residents of Orlu Municipality enjoyed potable water from the state water board was in the regime of Colonel Zubairu. [/b]Water supply from the State Water Board collapsed in the second tenure of Chief Achike’s Administration. Since then-over 10 years ago-, the residents in Orlu Municipality have been sourcing water from all manner of sources. Today, every family in Orlu must own a wheel barrow in order to move to the nooks and crannies of the municipality in search of potable water. During the military era of Colonel Zubairu, those who were living in high rise buildings could fetch water from the various floors and even bath with showers. If this facility was available in a military regime, why not in a democratic dispensation? A lot has been said about the Orlu Regional Water Scheme which was to be executed in conjunction with the Federal Government .We appeal to Governor Okorocha to find out why this project is on hold and take necessary action to actualize the agenda. The indiscriminate sinking of bore holes in this Municipality and IMO State is not a healthy development. This Administration has not given commensurate impetus to the issue of water delivery in IMO State. Often, the impression is given that the government does not even know that provision of potable water to the populace as well as the provision of rural electrification is part of the social contract it signed with the electorate. The Ministry of Utilities in Imo State is virtually idle and comatose. This is unacceptable. It is pathetic to note that the Owerri-Ebeiri water pumping station which pumped water to Orlu municipality and environs in the past years has become a habitat for rodents and reptiles as it is now a wild bush and in a state of disuse. Governor Okorocha should set up a crack task force to regularize this anomaly. The people are suffering as a result of these challenges.

The PRINCE HOTEL, ORLU & Orlu/Umuowa Road: Government has earmarked the building of Prince Hotel in Orlu municipality. We are told that it will be a big international hotel which purpose is to facilitate tourism and the hospitality industry. It is my opinion that the huge budget for this project should be used to provide the Library/ICT complex in Orlu municipality .In the same vein, the budget should be applied to expedite the completion of the Amaifeke- Orlu-Umuowa highway. The progress of work on that road is very sluggish and unimpressive. I am sure that a big hotel is not a priority for Orlu residents as of now. The construction work on the Umuowa road is of very low quality; it may not withstand the first rainy season. I suggest that since what is worth doing at all is worth doing well, real contracting groups like Julius Berger and Arab Contractors should be called in to take over the contract. What is going on there now is very unsatisfactory; it’s making a mess of road construction.

[b]Who owns the hotel on OWUS Avenue?: O[/b]wus avenue is a prominent avenue in Orlu municipality. A big hotel is springing up on that avenue now and tongues are wagging as to who really owns the hotel. Some people say the hotel belongs to Ichie Mbanaso, the Commissioner for Works; others allege that it belongs to the Lebanese contractor, Mr Gary; yet, some say it belongs to the state governor. My interest in this issue is anchored on the fact that the hotel is on a land which was recently acquired or recovered from alleged squatters for overriding public interest. Those who built houses on that land were ejected and their houses demolished. If the land was acquired for overriding public interest, is it fair to allocate the land to businessmen to set up private businesses? The government should throw more light on the ownership of this hotel so that people can argue from an informed mind. I have no personal interest on the land ;I merely deem it necessary to apprise the State Governor that a section of the people are murmuring and making snide remarks on this hotel. People are also wondering why a hotel of that size does not have a contractor’s bill board which will show the name of the contractor, the name of the project and the client. I am just passing information to enable the government to be properly guided in the way it handles this project. So, the question is: Who owns this project? Is it a hotel or what? Is the project a public business i.e. for overriding public interest or a private one? There is a need for the Chairman of Orlu Local Government Council and the Mayor of Orlu to wade into this matter in order to ascertain what is happening and render clarifications to the populace.

[b]Imo International Market UMUNA-ORLU: It rankles that this market has been forgotten in the scheme of things. [/b]This market was started in the regime of Chief Achike Udenwa. It was about 60% completed at the time Chief Udenwa left office. Since then, subsequent governments abandoned the master plan of the market. Even now, the utilities in the market are operating below marginal efficiency. Most of the facilities slated in the master plan of the market are yet to be actualized. They include facilities like a motor park, a fire service station, a police station, warehouses, an incinerator for burning garbage, a modern abattoir and others. This administration has built over a dozen new markets in various parts of Imo State without paying any attention to restoring the master plan of this market. The need to redress this anomaly cannot be overstressed.

ORLU HIGH COURT COMPLEX: Government should expedite action on the completion of work on the Orlu High Court complex which has been abandoned since Chief Achike Udenwa left office.

ORLU NEW STADIUM: Work on the new ORLU stadium should be pursued with vigour and tenacity of purpose.

(ICAPS) and the Young Scientists College (YSC): In the same vein, the Imo College of Advanced Studies (ICAPS) and the Young Scientists College (YSC) which are in Owerri should be replicated in Orlu and Okigwe zones. Imo state does not begin and end with Owerri municipality and environs. Similarly, Orlu and Okigwe senatorial headquarters should have the ultra modern school building – the type that is built for the City School, Wetheral Road, Okigwe. There should be no dichotomy in spreading democracy dividends.

THE FIRE SERVICE STATION, ORLU: Government should as a matter of emergency rehabilitate the Fire Service station at Orlu. The station lacks functional fire engines to respond to emergencies, more so, as it appears to be the only one in the whole of Orlu zone. The Fire Service station should be moved to a permanent site with an own bore-hole facilities and related logistics to enable the fire fighters to be more proactive and result –oriented. It is calamitous that a municipality as critical as ORLU does not have a functional fire service platform. Property and merchandise worth millions of Naira have been lost to fire as a result of inability of the staff of the Fire Station to respond promptly to distress calls, in cases of inferno/fire disasters in Orlu Municipality and environs.

[b]Refuse DUMP: Orlu municipality has no refuse dump. A[/b]s a result of this lacuna, Orlu municipality is about the dirtiest city in Nigeria. Everywhere is exuding a putrid stench with the concomitant health hazards. This anomaly should be redressed in order to guard against possible epidemic in the city.

JOHN MGBE

Johnmgbe@yahoo.com

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Except the demand for water supply, what Rochas Okorocha govt spent in building just one of the numerous flyovers or the many dual carriageway bypasses in Owerri is enough to meet all the demands from Orlu as made by that writer, John Mgbe.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AstraNetwork: 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Present condition of Owerri imo state. We need government attention.

ROYALD:
Onitcha Anambra state please help

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha90: 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Owerri is poo cheesy

inlandtaipan:
This one is river awka cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha90: 8:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
inlandtaipan:
lalasticlla and myn44, ban this poster for impersonation.

Chidiebere you are foaming in the mouth already? I am the owner of this handle. cheesy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha90: 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
Chidiebere the son of the wretched okadaman. I heard that Aba is now worse than 'hell'? Am waiting when your okada father will go back home from Ajegunle cheesy

[s]
inlandtaipan:
you have started again chinonso
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (1038) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.