Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,096 members, 7,973,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:20 AM

Preaching In Commercial Buses: - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching In Commercial Buses: (11882 Views)

Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) / El-rufai Moves To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by osisi5: 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2008
D__D:

I'm not being critical here but if you can listen to "Pastor" Sam Adeyemi every sunday (as an unbeliever) and none of his words pricks your heart then i have all grounds to doubt those words of his.

Christ's message is not one that appeals to the lost, it is not a feel-good doctrine wherein everyone can just come and learn some new slogan for the week, it is not a motivational speech . . . the bible calls it the sword of the Spirit. A sword cuts throuth the heart . . .
Christ's message was so tough the pharisees spent 3 years "seeking to kill Him".

I don't remember anywhere in my bible that the unbelieving Jews, gentiles and pharisees also came to listen to Paul, Peter, James and John just for amusement . . . no where do we read that their messages "made sense" to the unbelievers and yet did not change their hearts.

Men stoned Stephen to death for his words of salvation, Paul was jailed, beaten and shipwrecked, Peter was crucified, John was thrown to the island of patmos, James was placed in a cauldron of hot oil.

Men and brethren, we live in an era where we have heaped to ourselves teachers who are simply giving us what our ears itch to hear. We have forgotten the very gospel of redemption that our early fathers fought and died for. We now take motivational speeches for messages . . . package it and sell to the gullible in the name of religion.

When an unbeliever finds it comfortable to listen to your "message" it is time to do some serious soul searching.

Let he that hath an ear to hear let him hear.

Many muslims listen to Christian preachers.
I've often heard them quoting Creflo dollar and Benny Hinn.
I encourage them to keep listening.
Faith comes by hearing.
TBN gets tons of mail from Muslims in the middle east that came to the knowledge of the saving Grace by tuning in to listen to "these infidels"
His word shall not return void.

Why do you think sharia bans public preaching and witnessing and persecutes Christians?
It's because they know the message is a powerful one and draws millions to Christ.
In Africa alone 6 million Muslims say Yes to Christ yearly.
This shows that only the truth can set men free.

Christianity is not a religion,or movement or something one is born into.
It is a conscious decision to follow Christ and live according to his precepts.
It's more than a way of life,it's life itself.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2008
+osisi

The age of using missionaries is now over,its now arms abi ? grin
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 10:01am On Jan 23, 2008
@D-D,

Do you mean Pastor Adeyemi is not a PASTOR? please clarify?

SIN in al Quran, Obtain an english dictionary today and seek more knowledge. There is no end in learning.

your contribution is taken.

Men and brethren, we live in an era where we have heaped to ourselves teachers who are simply giving us what our ears itch to hear. We have forgotten the very gospel of redemption that our early fathers fought and died for. We now take motivational speeches for messages . . . package it and sell to the gullible in the name of religion.

When an unbeliever finds it comfortable to listen to your "message" it is time to do some serious soul searching.

(UNBELEIVER). Yes in what you preach.

Here what islam says: "O ye that reject faith! I worship not that ye worship. Nor will ye worship that which i worship. And I will not worship that which ye worship. Nor will ye worship that which i worship. To you be your way, and to me mine.". I think this answers you.

Thank you for your contribution.

@ all.

Thank you for your different opinions. I am HUMAN and bound to have a different Opinion on issues. I have dug deep into all the contributions and i believe the only way to WIN is by being TOLERANT. Like i said i am a MUSLIM and i am happy and OK with AL ISLAM.

ISLAM might not be what most muslims practice , so you dont run conclusions from what you see people doing. I am a true Muslim according to the Quran if i dont force ALLAH's religion on others. I pray ALLAH make it Easy for us and also make us attain matyrdom on HIS path.

" There is no other god but ALLAH. He is alone with no partner. He is the ultimate dominion and praise and He has power over all things'. Seek ALLAH passionately today.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by obanikoro2(m): 10:52am On Jan 23, 2008
mdsocks:

If any pastor makes any godforsaken noise in a molue
I will throw him out of the window grin

mdsocks:

+osisi

I'm sorry but none of your replies makes sense to me

bicey:

preaching is met for everyone i agree with you. But what happens if a Muslim and xtain decide to preach at the same time in a bus.

Will advise them to take turns and will gladly listen to the muslim if led to. If he preaches well, I will listen to gain something; if he preaches heresy, I will kindly read my book or put on my ear phone.

bicey:

It will be a Slap to you as a xtian if you are in a bus and you someone preached d bible upside down and you can't but listen all through ------ That is the kind of scenerio.

It wont be a slap on my face neither is it for me to do something or react! God is keeping their reward for them! We see them everyday preaching the bible upside down (even on tv), what do u want me to do?Shout them down?My bible didnt instruct me to do that; most especially as they are strangers to me. I will advise him rightly If such a person is my close friend or church member

D__D:

I'm not being critical here but if you can listen to "Pastor" Sam Adeyemi every sunday (as an unbeliever) and none of his words pricks your heart then i have all grounds to doubt those words of his.

Must the Word of God prick the heart before you believe its from God? I have spent sometime with core muslims in the north (even spent sometime with an Emir in his palace during NYSC) and they uphold some of the things we uphold. Some muslims believe in the Sermon on the Mount taught by Jesus and do practice it.

Are u now saying a Pastor's "Sermon on the Mount" message is "doubtful" if a muslim (that believes in that Sermon) hears it and is not "pricked"?

It's quite disheartening as well to know u havent watched him on TV and u are criticizing him. if u have, u should know its on AIT saturday 7.30am not sunday as u stated

Pastor Adeyemi's SUCCESS POWER (SP) prog is more of motivational, inspirational teachings and not "FIRE FALL ON SINNERS" type of messages. SP talks about being who God created u to be; national rebirth and love for mankind. Infact everything he talks about can be found in the Bible even though he doesnt quote scriptures often in SP. I'm not his member but have also heard him preach and pray (and I tell you the man is anointed of God).

So bros! confirm sometins before u criticize. I'm not surprised that bicey likes SP. It a sign of good things to happen in his life wink

As for +osisi and away4real

Love your comments! Keep them up!
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2008
@obanikoro2

If everyone can be like you!

Peace!
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by DD5: 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2008
bicey:

@D-D,

Do you mean Pastor Adeyemi is not a PASTOR? please clarify?

Anyone can be a "pastor" . . . we know of the "old prophet" in the bible and we are made aware that there indeed will be false teachers in the last days.

bicey:

SIN in al Quran, Obtain an english dictionary today and seek more knowledge. There is no end in learning.

I need to check an "ENGLISH DICTIONARY" to understand the concept of Sin in the quran? Was this dictionary in existence in 638AD?
My brother, it is a clear sign of how empty islam is in that there is no coherent explanation for several of its vague concepts. You talk of allah forgiving sins and yet cannot define SIN in the concept of the quran. What then is allah forgiving? Sin as defined by atheists english professors?

obanikoro2:

Must the Word of God prick the heart before you believe its from God?

my brother i am not surprised, we indeed are in the last days. Please read the messages of Paul, Stephen, Peter, James, John . . . in the bible. The word they preached did 2 things; either convicted some of their iniquity and they gave their lives to Christ OR made the unbelievers mad in so much that they went about seeking to slay the apostles.

Today we have unbelievers openly embracing those who shld be the lightbearers of the christian faith. May the Lord have mercy. The WORD IS CHRIST . . . if Christ preached through the word does not convict you of sin unto righteousness then either the "word" being preached is empty, devoid of spiritual power or your conscience is already seared with a hot iron.

obanikoro2:

I have spent sometime with core muslims in the north (even spent sometime with an Emir in his palace during NYSC) and they uphold some of the things we uphold. Some muslims believe in the Sermon on the Mount taught by Jesus and do practice it.

"Practicing" the sermon on the mountain is not what christianity is about my brother . . . it is a lifestyle. Withour salvation . . . empty believe and practice is nothing but filthy rags.

obanikoro2:

It's quite disheartening as well to know u havent watched him on TV and u are criticizing him. if u have, u should know its on AIT saturday 7.30am not sunday as u stated
Pastor Adeyemi's SUCCESS POWER (SP) prog is more of motivational, inspirational teachings and not "FIRE FALL ON SINNERS" type of messages. SP talks about being who God created u to be; national rebirth and love for mankind. Infact everything he talks about can be found in the Bible even though he doesnt quote scriptures often in SP. I'm not his member but have also heard him preach and pray (and I tell you the man is anointed of God).

My dad used to tune to success power every sunday morning. It used to be our wake up alarm then many years ago.
Here is the problem . . . go through the bible and please point out JUST ONE OF THE APOSTLES who spent his time preaching motivational gospels.
The bible says to lay for urselves treasures IN HEAVEN . . . Adeyemi and co are busy teaching you to heap to urselves treasures in the bank, in your garage and in your ego . . . by all means continue.

obanikoro2:

So bros! confirm sometins before u criticize. I'm not surprised that bicey likes SP. It a sign of good things to happen in his life wink

No where in my bible am i told that it is a good thing to merely "like" the sermons of Jesus Christ. You are either hot or cold.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by osisi5: 2:49am On Jan 24, 2008
mdsocks:

+osisi

says who ?
Missionary work will continue till Christ returns
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2008
D___D

Thank you. Your points are noted.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by obanikoro2(m): 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2008
@bicey

how are u?Did u encounter any preacher in the bus today? Hope u kept ur cool and listened. If you need anytin or have questions to ask just notify on this thread. Will be willing to be of help. hoping to see you someday.

+osisi:

says who ?
Missionary work will continue till Christ returns

Yes o!
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by davades(m): 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2008
heyyyyy,automatically by me ponmo should be called skin cos it is peeled from the meat itself.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 3:55pm On Jan 25, 2008
@obanikoro2

Ma brother i now go to the office with my car jare. I actually dropped it because of the traffic to & fro the Bridge. But i just got a new working-hour arrangement. I now go for my 1hr break for 4pm meaning that i close @ 4.

So i may not be traped in a Bus again. May GOD include us in the list of the righteous people. Amin.

Peace!
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by osisi5: 1:53am On Jan 26, 2008
bicey:

@obanikoro2

Ma brother i now go to the office with my car jare. I actually dropped it because of the traffic to & fro the Bridge. But i just got a new working-hour arrangement. I now go for my 1hr break for 4pm meaning that i close @ 4.

So i may not be traped in a Bus again. May GOD include us in the list of the righteous people. Amin.

Peace!

You see how a simple problem was solved.
Now let me warn,you may get converted like Saul of Tarsus but this time it won't be on the way to damascus but on the way to Oshodi
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by olabowale(m): 3:54pm On Jan 26, 2008
[quote from +osisi]Many muslims listen to Christian preachers.
I've often heard them quoting Creflo dollar and Benny Hinn.
I encourage them to keep listening.
Faith comes by hearing.
TBN gets tons of mail from Muslims in the middle east that came to the knowledge of the saving Grace by tuning in to listen to "these infidels"
His word shall not return void.
[/quote] I looked at them just to see how silly the audience really are. The theatrics of it all is a Sunday comedy hour!

Why do you think sharia bans public preaching and witnessing and persecutes Christians?
It's because they know the message is a powerful one and draws millions to Christ.
In Africa alone 6 million Muslims say Yes to Christ yearly.
This shows that only the truth can set men free.
Why allow inpurity to come in when what is already inside is pure and wholesome?

Christianity is not a religion,or movement or something one is born into.
It is a conscious decision to follow Christ and live according to his precepts.
It's more than a way of life,it's life itself.
I wonder how the Christianity dominates Igboland, if they were not born into it and this is the only thing they have known, generation after generation and it has became a family tradition? Christianity is very unnatural, for one thing, it sets one man above another and therefore put all burdens on that person , while the others become irresponsible, even to terrible at it that they are not taking responsibilty for their own SALVATIONS.

[quote for D_D]
One last word Bicey . . . do not take this as another islam bashing but an opportunity for you to search your soul.[quote]
His soul/spirit is already in agreement with Islam. He was a Muslim, while he was still in Spiritual form alone, as a soul, taking from the back of Adam, his father.

[qd]You said: "May God forgive us of SINS we commit that we are not aware of."
Please what is the concept of "sin" in the quran? Did allah ever tell you he had the power to forgive sins?[/qd] From the Qur'an the greatest sin is worshipping anything else along with or without Allah. Like you worshipping Jesus or the Catholic his Mother, etc. Sin in general is the going against or actions contrary to the laws and commandments of Allah on worship, obedience and good deeds. One of the name/descriptions of Allah is the 'Forgiver.' I will not elaborate and give you others, because I think you are deliberately dishonest. But know that hellfire is mentioned in the Qur'an as the means of punishment for the disbelievers/evildoers, etc and Paradise is mentioned as a means of mercy from Allah and a reward of the effort of believers, who are the Muslims.

[qd]Please be aware . . . i ask these questions NOT to denigrate that which you believe but to prompt you to dig deeper . . . to be like the Berean christians who are not content to just swallow what the imam says in the mosque but to search and understand who allah truly is. Maybe when you do the scales of deciet that mohammed has placed over your spiritual eyes would fall open. [/qd] I wonder how Islam is entering Black, White, Spanish American homes, even after 911? Your statement borders on pure infancy. It is only a babble!

[qd]I'm not being critical here but if you can listen to "Pastor" Sam Adeyemi every sunday (as an unbeliever) and none of his words pricks your heart then i have all grounds to doubt those words of his. [/qd] Why does a Muslim have to listen to pastor Adeyemi, every sunday? There is a new sales of indulgence going on? Listen to a good tecture on Tawhid first, then unless your heart is harder than a rock, you will have to abandone your 3 persons in 1 god concept!

[qd]Christ's message is not one that appeals to the lost, it is not a feel-good doctrine wherein everyone can just come and learn some new slogan for the week, it is not a motivational speech . . . the bible calls it the sword of the Spirit. A sword cuts throuth the heart . . .
Christ's message was so tough the pharisees spent 3 years "seeking to kill Him". [/qd]The message of Islam was so tough that Muhammad and the emigrate. All those 13 years of Makka era was never a perid of peace and Surah Yasim's Verse 9 was a culmunation of the whole of Makkan clans trying to kill Muhammad. Yet in the 10 years that followed, every people, the Jews of Madina also planned along with the Arabs to kill Muhammad and his followers. And peace did not come until the Victory of Makka. And what is the different between Spirit and soul, if you know? By the way which one of them that a living man must have, even if the other is not present? Which one of them must be absent in a dead man even if the other is present? To be a Muslim, it is 24 hours a day job. A person is supposed to be all Muslim all the time! If christianity is hard, Islam is harder in commitment, then it becomes a comfort of the Soul (the spiritual part of man), the heart (the muscle in the body that is responsible for the conscience) and the rest of the body which one need to carry out the commandments of Allah and carrying out the duties to Him, alone.

[qd]Must the Word of God prick the heart before you believe its from God? I have spent sometime with core muslims in the north (even spent sometime with an Emir in his palace during NYSC) and they uphold some of the things we uphold. Some muslims believe in the Sermon on the Mount taught by Jesus and do practice it. [/qd] There is no doubt Jesus a Muslim, because he was not a Christian. A simple observation of Core Muslim South would have yielded the same result that you find in the core Muslims of the north! But the Christians do not practice everything Jesus. If they do they would not have developed an idea, which they claim is Trinity, even though TRINITY is not a word intheir Religious Text, the Bible. I wonder on what basis they call something Trinity? Maybe its a word they like that is also a concept from another ancient religion(s)?

[qd]Are u now saying a Pastor's "Sermon on the Mount" message is "doubtful" if a muslim (that believes in that Sermon) hears it and is not "pricked"?
It's quite disheartening as well to know u havent watched him on TV and u are criticizing him. if u have, u should know its on AIT saturday 7.30am not sunday as u stated[/qd] Borrowing from the British this morning; This is rubbish!

[qd]Pastor Adeyemi's SUCCESS POWER (SP) prog is more of motivational, inspirational teachings and not "FIRE FALL ON SINNERS" type of messages. SP talks about being who God created u to be; national rebirth and love for mankind. Infact everything he talks about can be found in the Bible even though he doesnt quote scriptures often in SP. I'm not his member but have also heard him preach and pray (and I tell you the man is anointed of God). [/qd] Another great rubbish!

[qd]So bros! confirm sometins before u criticize. I'm not surprised that bicey likes SP. It a sign of good things to happen in his life
As for +osisi and away4real
Love your comments! Keep them up! [/qd] To borrow from +Osisi: Beat your own drums of 'nothingness.' (The 'nothingness is my own emphasis). A great empty hi5 for nothing you wrote there. Don't make me laugh.

[qd]Anyone can be a "pastor" . . . we know of the "old prophet" in the bible and we are made aware that there indeed will be false teachers in the last days.[/qd] In your opinion are you saying that false prophets are false teachers? Therefore good prophets were good teachers? Hence one is to take it that a prophet is a teacher and that teachers are not necessarily prophets. Would you then conclude that part of the functions of a prophet is to teach and prophet is another word for a teacher?

[qd]I need to check an "ENGLISH DICTIONARY" to understand the concept of Sin in the quran? Was this dictionary in existence in 638AD?
My brother, it is a clear sign of how empty islam is in that there is no coherent explanation for several of its vague concepts. You talk of allah forgiving sins and yet cannot define SIN in the concept of the quran. What then is allah forgiving? Sin as defined by atheists english professors?[/qd] Sin, for example as in sexual relationships; Allah says do even come close to illegal sex (Zina), it is an evil thing. Sin as in theft; Taking things away illegally without the permission of the owner, therefore depriving the owner its usage and its values as he/she sees fit. I can quote and try to define sins from Qur'an, but the greatest of it is not worshipping Allah the Almighty God alone, and negating every other forms of deity. So you my man, since you are a Christian, you are committing the same great sin, which is the first in the 10 commandment of the Jews. From Islamic point of view, you have Jesus as a deity along with his Creator!

[qd]Must the Word of God prick the heart before you believe its from God?
my brother i am not surprised, we indeed are in the last days. Please read the messages of Paul, Stephen, Peter, James, John . . . in the bible. The word they preached did 2 things; either convicted some of their iniquity and they gave their lives to Christ OR made the unbelievers mad in so much that they went about seeking to slay the apostles. [/qd] But Paul was not an apostle. How dare you therefore defined him as one, when apostles of Jesus were those who followed him as believers of his Message, while he was alive on earth within their mist! You mentioned the message of Paul who was not an apostle, first before mentioning the Messages of the first hand eye witnesses; James, John, etc, this clearly shows your reverence of them. But you did not even tell us the message of Jesus! Did he have a message and what was it? Where is his gospel that he preached about the places he went?

[qd]Today we have unbelievers openly embracing those who shld be the lightbearers of the christian faith. May the Lord have mercy. The WORD IS CHRIST . . . if Christ preached through the word does not convict you of sin unto righteousness then either the "word" being preached is empty, devoid of spiritual power or your conscience is already seared with a hot iron.[/qd]If the WORD IS CHRIST as you have just said, how come CHRIST who is the WORD is preaching through the WORD? Those this make any sense top you? Jesus is still preaching today (Better yet the word is preaching the word, today?) I thought he is in heaven? I take your other opinion, the word being preached is empty and devoid of spiritual power! Yes that it. It sounds just about right.

[qd]"Practicing" the sermon on the mountain is not what christianity is about my brother . . . it is a lifestyle. Withour salvation . . . empty believe and practice is nothing but filthy rags.[/qd] But Only God Almight God the Creator of all things owns salvation! It does not belong to anyone else! However, every Prophet was a means of salvation because of the Commandments and laws they have been given by the ONE GOD who sent them. That avenue of salvation that the prophet was stops, immediately the new/latest prophet came on the scene of Messengership. So Moses as the path of salvation stopped when Jesus began his ministry! But Jesus' avenue of salvation is no more from the time of the first revelation received by Muhammad!

[qd from +osisi]
says who ?
Missionary work will continue till Christ returns[/qd] and their atrocities will increase. Check out googles vidoes under religion and type in Christian missionary atrocities. Se what they are doing around the world! IN Iraq, in Afghanistan, just to name a few.
[qdof obanikoro]how are u?Did u encounter any preacher in the bus today? Hope u kept your cool and listened. If you need anytin or have questions to ask just notify on this thread. Will be willing to be of help. hoping to see you someday.[/qd] Over here Obanikoro. I have a question or two for you. How come Trinity is being preached when it was no where to be found in your Bible? How can you develop an idea that has not defined word or nothing to stand for it, since you do not have what you said stand for it in the Book where you are justifying that same word? Then tell me how do you reconcile this idea you call trinity with Biblical verses like Deut. 6:4 and Mark 12:29, which are 180 deg with it? Which is right? Which is wrong? It you have these two dynamics going on in the Book of God, would you thing that all of them are from God? None from Human? Explain it, please? Try hard hard!

[qd of +Osisi]You see how a simple problem was solved.
Now let me warn,you may get converted like Saul of Tarsus but this time it won't be on the way to damascus but on the way to Oshodi[/qd] Am waiting for your reversion, baby. The benefit for you is that you do not have to remarry. Your marriage ceremony will just be a carry over, for both of you. And I already have my names ready for the children of you guys; Amina, Jemilla, Aisha (Thats your favorite), Muhammad, Abu Bakr, Abbass, Hamzah, etc. Chose from them or have them all. Afterall, the body may just be able to handle it and still don't show.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by pilgrim1(f): 4:00pm On Jan 26, 2008
olabowale:

[qd from +osisi]
says who ?
Missionary work will continue till Christ returns[/qd] and their atrocities will increase. Check out googles vidoes under religion and type in Christian missionary atrocities.

How about these from your Muslim brethren in their efforts to spread Islam? Here:

INDONESIA

Forced Conversions To Islam Continue in Indonesia

SANTA ANA, CA (January 13, 2001) -- A growing body of evidence confirms reports that Christians in Indonesia's Maluku Islands have been forced to convert to Islam under threat of death, although Muslim clerics deny the claims . . . >> (read more)

INDONESIA:

Forced Conversions, Circumcision in Moluccas

Conflict in the Moluccas is set to enter a third year with no end to the violence in sight. Disturbing new reports suggest Christian communities are facing forcible conversion and circumcision, adding a new dimension to a conflict that has already caused untold suffering. By conservative estimates at least 5000 have been killed and a further 500,000 displaced. Whilst the majority of Moluccans wish to see the conflict resolved, Islamist extremists and elements in the government and armed forces are widely believed to be behind the continuing violence. . . . >> (read more)

PAKISTAN

Forced conversion to Islam fatal for Christian boy

Lahore (AsiaNews/Ucan) – Outrage at the death of a Catholic boy forced to convert to Islam at the hands of torturous abductors has prompted the PAKISTAN Catholic Bishop's Commission of Justice and Peace, to take up the legal case. The Christian youth died of injuries inflicted by a teacher and students at an Islamic school. The National Commission for Justice and Peace declared May 4th that the incident reflects a worrying trend of forced conversions. . . . >> (read more)

AFGHANISTAN

Afghan kidnappers 'want convert'

The kidnappers of an Italian journalist in AFGHANISTAN have offered to free him in exchange for a Christian convert who fled the country, an aid agency says.
Photojournalist Gabriele Torsello was seized last week while travelling on a bus in southern Afghanistan. The kidnappers will free Mr Torsello, a Muslim convert, if Abdul Rahman returns from Italy where he was granted asylum earlier this year, the aid agency says.
Mr Rahman had escaped a possible death sentence for becoming a Christian. . . . >> (read more)

EGYPT:

Christian Girl Escapes Muslim Kidnappers

An Egyptian Christian teenager escaped her Muslim kidnappers last week hours after they had drugged her on a public bus. While holding her captive, they threatened to rape her and convert her to Islam if her family did not leave their Nile Delta city of El-Mahala el-Kobra. . . >> (read more) [here as well)]

NIGERIA:

Christian Boy Escapes From Muslim kidnappers

SOKOTO, Nigeria, April 17 (Compass Direct News) – A Christian boy kidnapped in November by Muslims who intended to convert him to Islam escaped last month and has returned to his family home.
After four months in captivity, 13-year-old Victor Udo Usen fled from his Muslim captors on March 6 and ran to a shop run by his mother in the Mabera area of Sokoto, capital of the northern state of Sokoto . . . >> (read more)

SUDAN:

Boy slave 'crucified' by Sudanese Muslim

A Sudanese slave who was assigned to watch his Muslim master's camels was "crucified" when he was caught sneaking out to attend a Christian church . . . Damare Garang was seven when the attack happened, officials said. He had been captured by Islamic soldiers when his Sudanese village was attacked, and then sold as a slave to a Muslim family in Tuobon, Bahr el Gazel.

<<snip>>

His master was waiting when he returned.

"Where have you been?" he was asked, and partly from fear and partly from not having another answer, he said, "to church."

"You have made two grave mistakes," the slave master said. "Yesterday you lost one of my camels, and today you worship with infidels!" . . . >>(read more)

MALAYSIA

Lina Joy: “Freedom of conscience is at risk in Malaysia”

Kuala Lumpur (AsiaNews) – “in the current climate in Malaysia is seems almost impossible to exercise freedom of will”. These were the first words spoken by Lina Joy, following yesterdays Federal Court sentence which refused to recognise hr conversion from Islam to Christianity. “I am devastated – she confessed to The Star newspaper – by the fact that the countries highest court is not able to guarantee a simple fundamental human right to its citizens: that of the freedom to choose their own faith and the person they want to marry”.
. . . >> (read more)

Earlier report
Lina Joy has been disowned by her family, shunned by friends and forced into hiding - all because she renounced Islam and embraced Christianity in Muslim-majority Malaysia. . . . >> (read more)

Please understand that these incidents were not reported in a corner as an isolated event - they scale the following countries in diverse geographical locations:

Afghanistan

Egypt

Idonesia

Malaysia

Nigeria

Pakistan

Sudan . . .

. . . and many other countries.

In the midst of the mud-water, there are sane voices asking just one fundamental question, as highlighted below:

Why is the World Silent on Christian Persecution?
Damare Garang, a seven year old slave boy in Sudan, was "crucified" on a board and left for dead by his Islamic owner for sneaking away to attend a church service. As they walked to their Christian High School in Indonesia, Noviana Malewa and her teenage classmates were attacked by Islamic jihadists with machetes, who decapitated three of the girls leaving their heads on the steps of a church. Only Noviana survived, bearing a scar across her face and neck as a gruesome reminder of the attack. . . . >> (read more)
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by somze(f): 4:05pm On Jan 26, 2008
Stark hypocrisy is normally found around these sort of muslims.

While you guys kill, terrorise and maim in order to campaign/evangelize/preach you complain about christians using matured, civilised and diplomatic means as taught by Christ.

What a world we live in!
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bicey(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2008
@all.

Say: He is GOD, the one and only. GOD the eternal, Absolute. He begot not,nor is he begotten.And there is none unto HIM. He is ALLAH. He is alone with no parttner; He is the ultimate dominion and praise and He has power over all things.

MUSLIMS Do all things according to the will of ALLAH. So to all derogatory news reported about Islam-- Open your eyes as these news are written by MAN. Also note that ISLAM does not preach violence. ISLAM is a religion of PEACE. I take exemption from statements that speaks foul against ALLAH and HIS Prophets. May ALLAH forgive us all.

Ma salam.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by buttyelele: 11:21am On Jan 28, 2008
people, religious arguments always end up to be riotious at the end of the day. The poster was very careful in picking her words, being a muslim she carefully put down her thoughts in a way not to offend peoples senses, but there is always someone with a different view.

preaching in buses is okay but most of this preachers have turned it into a money making venture as they collect offering afterwards, i as a christian will not listen to someone who takes offering ny bringing the good news to me at a cost, no matter how much u preach, u bring to them good news or the truth as u know it, collecting money on the other hand is something else which i dont subscribe to.

christianity came through the white man and with it came education, if we are educated we should sieve out the words we hear in our buses as most of them compound the issue, bringing their doctrine as they know it does not make their word law and the way they deliver the message at times is not refined, at the end of the day they tell u the violent take it by force, i believe christianity should respect other peoples religion, even if u dont believe it our utterances should be such as will bring others to the kingdom not by castigating, the chances are the muslim in that bus will hate ur religion more, lets not tell them how better our religion is, but let them see it in us.

Even if islam is violent(am not saying it is) and offends our sensibilities, we shouldnt take the bait and be likewise.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by buttyelele: 11:24am On Jan 28, 2008
people, religious arguments always end up to be riotious at the end of the day. The poster was very careful in picking her words, being a muslim she carefully put down her thoughts in a way not to offend peoples senses, but there is always someone with a different view.

preaching in buses is okay but most of this preachers have turned it into a money making venture as they collect offering afterwards, i as a christian will not listen to someone who takes offering ny bringing the good news to me at a cost, no matter how much u preach, u bring to them good news or the truth as u know it, collecting money on the other hand is something else which i dont subscribe to.

christianity came through the white man and with it came education, if we are educated we should sieve out the words we hear in our buses as most of them compound the issue, bringing their doctrine as they know it does not make their word law and the way they deliver the message at times is not refined, at the end of the day they tell u the violent take it by force, i believe christianity should respect other peoples religion, even if u dont believe it our utterances should be such as will bring others to the kingdom not by castigating, the chances are the muslim in that bus will hate ur religion more, lets not tell them how better our religion is, but let them see it  in us.

Even if islam is violent(am not saying it is) and offends our sensibilities, we shouldnt take the bait and be likewise.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Jairzinho(m): 11:29am On Jan 28, 2008
Olabowale should continue to deceive himself.
The Bible admonishes us to do all things with moderation,preaching in a bus shouldn't include insulting somebody else/religion,then again we are supposed to be lead by God's spirit.

God bless us all.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Pitokwe(m): 11:40am On Jan 28, 2008
I think this is a sensitive topic.Please lets take things easy.I don't discuss religion.Mr.Moderator please try to keep religious matter that can cause rancour out of the forum.Thanks and may God bless all of us (Christians,Muslims and pegans alike)
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 28, 2008
christians are just as guilty of forced and coercive conversions

http://shabarikumbh.org/en/conversions-northeast-ind.pdf

http://www.christianaggression.org/item_display.php?type=ARTICLES&id=1193712592

http://www.christianaggression.org/item_display.php?type=NEWS&id=1199593733

http://www.organiser.org/dynamic/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=219&page=6

those in india take the cake

excerpts:

WOMEN in northern Uganda are forced into sex and are often coaxed into joining the Born Again Christian faith by staff of high profile international aid agencies largely in exchange for jobs, a new human rights report has revealed

The attack over the revered Swamiji opens the Pandora’s box of missionary activities in Kandhamal district. On the eve of Christmas day, the Christians made a decorative tent for the worship of Jesus Christ. It was forcefully built over a Hindu puja mandap, over which Hindus used to worship Goddess Durga. This misdeed of the missionaries was strongly protested by the local Hindus.

The aftermath of the attack on Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati is quite shocking. In the trouble-torn area of Kandhamal, the Hindus are worst affected as they are being victimised by the evangelist Christian hooligans. Their houses are burnt down, cattle are snatched away, women are outraged, followed by destruction of a good number of Hindu temples in different areas, even in the presence of the police. About four hundred Hindus have taken shelter inside the forests in order to save their lives from Christian attackers.

most of the time though , the christian evangelist is more cunning about how he goes about converting people ,

http://www.inminds.co.uk/tsunami.html

i read angela's ashes a few years back - you know about 'soupers'? it seems there are no depths to which christians will not sink in the course of 'evangleism'

i can't paste from the book, so this will have to do:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Irish_Famine

The Quakers are the only Protestant religious group commonly recognised to have come to the aid of the Irish during the Great Famine[citation needed] but, unfortunately, often at a price more costly than gold. Quaker Alfred Webb, one of the many volunteers in Ireland at the time, wrote:“ Upon the famine arose the wide spread system of proselytism ,  and a network of well-intentioned Protestant associations spread over the poorer parts of the country, which in return for soup and other help endeavoured to gather the people into their churches and schools., The movement left seeds of bitterness that have not yet died out, and Protestants, and not altogether excluding Friends, sacrificed much of the influence for good they might have had, "[19]

thats the christain, evangelist  way - why do you think people were so reluctant to send their children to school back in the day?

even in my primary school, in ilorin- a secular school, the head mistress sneaked morning prayers into daily assemby.

as to preaching being banned in Sharia practising countries, thats akin tio the ban of cigarette advertising. Christianity is a well packaged/promoted  product, just like cigarettes , booze, etc . like cigarettes it will give you pleasure, but in the end , it is bad for you. also, the preachers have a more definete agenda for spreading christianity than salvation - show me the money!!!!. one wonders why tv shows like 1 cubed are required to doll up christainity, and why suave polished evangelists are required to spread the message. is it that people would not be interested otherwise? if the christian god materialised today in carpenter regalia, they'd crucify him, and they'd be led by their so called priests!

some people have left nigeria for so long that they don't know what happens in naija. let me recap the public nuisance christians back in unilorin made of themselves -

in the evenings , when serious minded students were reading, they held fellowships in the adjoining auditoriums at HIGH volume. they even went as far as refusing to allow people to pass by on their waty to lecture theatres because they were - disturbing the preacher( a fellow student)'s concentration.

it was really funny.moreso since fellowships were a social outlet. i found that people want to 'live in the way of the world' while still deciveing themselves that they are 'one with christ'. which is why they would hold fellowship shows and mime kirk franklin ( a friend of mine once borrowed my dungarees for a show) .what was even funnier was that students would go to fellowship during exam week, then start nudging the eficos in the exam hall the next day. imagine the cheek, you ruin my concentration with 'oh sing o sing o',all through the night,  then the next day - 'oyb, its you and me in that paper! '

as to the adhan -

the adhan is for all of thirty seconds. in residential neighbourhoods (eg my close in festac) all over nigeria, christians hold marathon 'night vigils' making an unbeleivable nuisance that their fellow christians have complained about during neighbourhood meetings.

then there are those that walk into closes at 6a.m armed with bullhorns

this doesn't include the previously discussed nightmare that the evangelists have turned the lagos -ibadan expresway into.

it would seem that unregulated christian evangelism comes with a steep price for the peac of mind of the average citizen.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by oneperson: 11:52am On Jan 28, 2008
I think that BICEY [the poster] is right to an extent. I am a Christian and I will NEVER compromise my faith. I have used commercial buses but the way our pastors preach is unfriendly.

I have listened to many pastors make ridiculous comments about ISLAM and other religions and I wonder why they have to do that. In my opinion, you do not have to insult another man's religion because you want to convince others that yours is better.

If your religion is better, convince others to join you without telling them that ISLAM is this or that. I also preach but I have never said anything bad about ISLAM or any other religion. After my preaching, it is left to the listener to decide which way to go.

For example, I hear some preachers say something like this: "MOHAMMED died and is still in the grave, but JESUS died and rose from the grave". Even if it is true, must you say it to annoy others? Show some respect please!

I believe that we christians should try and show some respect for other religions because they too are human beings and they deserve respect for their beliefs.

If our preachers do this, I think we would have a better society - especially when it comes to religious matters.

I hope I have not offended anyone.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Pitokwe(m): 12:02pm On Jan 28, 2008
Na una sabi oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by ismailys: 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2008
The Concept of Forgiveness in Islam
The God, Allah is the ultimate power Who can forgive. Forgiveness means closing an account of offense against God or any of His creation. However, forgiveness must meet the criteria of sincerity. God, the All-Knowing, has the knowledge of everything including whatever a person thinks but does not express in words or deeds. An offense may be against (a) a person, (b) a group of persons or society, (c) other creation of God such as animals, plants, land, atmosphere, bodies of water and the life therein, and (d) God, Allah. Muslims understand that an offense against the creation of God is an offense against God.

To receive forgiveness from God there are three requirements:
(1) Recognizing the offense itself and its admission before God.
(2) Making a commitment not to repeat the offense.
(3) Asking for forgiveness from God.

If the above three conditions are met in sincerity, forgiveness from God is assured. Sincerity protects a person from repeating the same offense. If a person is sincere he will be helped by God not to repeat; in addition, God will change his punishment for the offense into a reward.

If the offense was committed against another human being or society, a fourth condition is added and the order is changed.

(1) Recognizing the offense before those against whom offense was committed and before God.
(2) Committing oneself not to repeat the offense.
(3) Doing whatever needs to be done to rectify the offense (within reason) and asking pardon of the offended party.
(4) Asking God for forgiveness.

Sometimes there is a party against whom wrong was done but this party cannot forgive, that is the creation of God other than human beings. Examples of offenses against God's creation are torturing animals, killing them without justification (food is a justification), defoliation and burning of trees, poisoning bodies of water thus killing life therein, polluting air, destroying land without justification and so on. Some of these activities may be justified, for example, hunting for food is justifiable but hunting for fun is not.

There are no particular words to say for asking forgiveness. However, Muslims are taught many phrases and words to keep repeating daily asking God's forgiveness. For example:
(1)  "I ask forgiveness from Allah."
(2)  "Glory be to You, Allah, and with You Praise (thanks) and I bear witness that there is no deity but You, I ask Your forgiveness and I return to You (in obedience).
 There are many other similar phrases.

The theological basis of forgiveness

It is in the Qur'an and Hadith. Qur'an is the word of God revealed to Prophet Muhammad(S) and is in Arabic language. Translation of the Qur'an is not Qur'an because God did not reveal it in any other language but Arabic. A translation may contain the message of the Qur'an but it is the word of the translator not the word of God. Qur'an, in many places, needs explanation which is done by the Prophet Muhammad(S) and recorded in Hadith collections. Hadith contains reports of Prophet Muhammad's sayings, deeds and approvals and is the second source of Islamic knowledge and legal system.

The Qur'an is divided into Suras and Ayas, loosely translated as chapters and verses, respectively. There are 114 chapters of varying length and each is assigned a name and a number in consecutive order. Translators use either Roman or Arabic numerals for numbering Suras. Verse numbers are given in Arabic numerals and numbered within the chapter in consecutive order.

There are many Hadith collections and each primary collection goes by the collector's name. Within each collection Hadith are numbered consecutively. There are secondary collections of Hadith, meaning they are culled from primary collections and arranged according the topic; such collections go by the name given by the collector. It is much easier for untrained people to use secondary Hadith collections than the primary collections. A selection of teachings about forgiveness from the Qur'an and Hadith are given below.

Allah forgives:

[b]"And vie with one another to attain to your Sustainer's forgiveness and to a paradise as vast as the heavens and the earth, which has been readied for the God-conscious who spend [in His way] in time of plenty and in time of hardship, and hold in check their anger, and pardon their fellow men because God loves the doers of good; and who, when they have committed a shameful deed or have [otherwise] sinned against themselves, remember God and pray that their sins be forgiven - for who but God could forgive sins? And do not knowingly persist in doing whatever [wrong] they may have done. These it is who shall have as their reward forgiveness from their Sustainer, and gardens through which running wasters flow, therein to abide: and how excellent a reward for those who labor!"  The Qur'an6 3:133-136

Say: "[Thus speak God] 'O you servants of Mine who have transgressed against your own selves! Despair not of God's mercy: behold, God forgives all sins - for, verily, He Alone is Much-Forgiving, a dispenser of grace!'" The Qur'an 39:53

"God does not like any evil to be mentioned openly, unless it be by him who has been wronged [thereby]. And God is indeed All-Hearing, All-Knowing, whether you do good openly or in secret, or pardon others for evil [done unto you]: for, behold, God is indeed an absolver of sins, infinite in His power." The Qur'an 4:148-149[/b]Explanation: Above verses are self-explanatory and need no explanation.

Leadership must be forgiving:

"And it was by God's grace that thou [O Muhammad] didst deal gently with thy followers: for if thou hadst been harsh and hard of heart, they would indeed have broken away from thee. Pardon them, then, and pray that they be forgiven. And take counsel with them in all matters of public concern; then, when thou hadst decided upon a course of action, place thy trust in God: for, verily God loves those who place their trust in Him."
The Qur'an 3:159

Explanation: Allah approved Prophet Muhammad(S) for his leniency with his followers and taught him to pardon. In addition, Allah instructed the Prophet to counsel with the followers and once a decision in a given matter was taken, follow through with it and trust Allah for results. Following the example of Prophet Muhammad(S), Muslim leadership is required to adopt a similar course.

General teachings of forgiveness:

"If ye do good openly or keep it secret, or forgive evil, lo! Allah is forgiving, Powerful."
The Qur'an 4:149

"Keep to forgiveness, and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant. And if it should happen that a prompting from Satan stirs thee up [to anger], seek refuge with Allah: behold, He is All-Hearing, All-Knowing."
The Qur'an 7:199-200

"And let not those who possess dignity and ease among you swear not to give to the near of kin and to the needy, and to refugees for the cause of Allah. Let them forgive and show indulgence. Yearn ye not that Allah may forgive you? Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."
The Qur'an 24:22

"And who shun the more heinous sins and abominations; and who, whenever they are moved to anger, readily forgive."
The Qur'an 42:37

"But withal, if one is patient in adversity and forgives - this, behold, is indeed something to set one's heart upon."
The Qur'an 42:43

Explanation: These teachings are about doing good to others openly or secretly and forgiveness to those who may have done wrong. Sometimes a wrong may arouse the worst impulses of anger but it is from Satan; seek refuge with Allah from Satan. There may be a case where the one wronged is someone you have been helping but his wrong may arouse your anger to stop helping him; in such a case, Allah is exhorting to continue to help and forgive his transgression.

F amily situations:

"O You who believe! Behold, among your spouses and your children are enemies unto you: so beware of them! But if you pardon [their faults], and forbear, and forgive- then, behold, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."
The Qur'an 64:14

Explanation: In a family, some members may cause a lot of pain by their wrongdoing. Sometimes, a family member may cause others to do wrong and transgress which may cause one to commit a crime but it was not intentional. Allah is exhorting to adopt a forgiving attitude within the family.

Murder:

"And slay not the life which Allah has forbidden except in [the pursuit of] justice. Whoso is slain wrongfully, We  have given power unto his heir, but let him not commit excess in slaying. Lo! He will be helped." The Qur'an 17:33

Explanation: In case of wrongful murder the court will prosecute the accused but in case of a guilty verdict, heirs of the victim(s) have the authority to decide the fate which includes pardoning and freeing him. However, they are not allowed to torture the convicted murderer. It is the duty of the state to carry out the wishes of heirs of the victim.

Teachings of the Prophet Muhammad(S) and his precedence:

Abu Kabsha 'Ameri reported that the Messenger of Allah said:
"… and no man pardons an oppression seeking thereby the pleasure of Allah but Allah will increase his honor therewith on the Day of Resurrection , "8

'Oqbah Ibn 'Amer reported that the Messenger of Allah said:
"you shall keep relationship with one who cut it off from you, you shall give one who disappointed you, and you shall pardon on who oppressed you"9

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allah said:
"Moses son of 'Imran had asked: O my Lord! Who is the best honorable of Thy servants to Thee? He [the God] said: He who pardons when he is in a position of power."10

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah said:
"The strong one is not he who knocks out his adversary; the strong one is he who keeps control over his temper."11

Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Messenger of Allah taught his followers:
"Narrating the account of one of the prophets [of Allah] whom was assaulted and wounded by his people; while wiping the blood from the face he prayed: 'O Allah! Forgive my people because they do not know.'"12

Prophet Muhammad set an excellent example of a very forgiving person in his personal matters. He lived in his hometown, Makkah (erroneously spelled as Mecca) for thirteen years after his appointment as the Messenger and Prophet of Allah for mankind. During this period he was persecuted, his followers were persecuted and some were killed, and, finally, his enemies wanted to kill him. During first eight years in his adopted town, Madinah (misspelled as Medina), his enemies chased him, brought armies against him and he narrowly escaped. During twenty-some battles during eight years he lost many of his close associates and relatives by the hands of makkans and their allies. After the conquest of Makkah he declared general amnesty for those who did not take up arms against him during his entry in Makkah. Haykal wrote about a situation in which Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, head of the Makkan tribes and an archenemy of the Prophet Muhammad, finally gave in when he found no other alternative.

"Faced with the threat, Abu Sufyan converted and recited the confession of faith. Al 'Abbas then turned to the Prophet - God's peace be upon him - and said: 'O Prophet of God, Abu Sufyan is a proud man. Would you not grant him some privilege?' The Prophet answered: 'yes, indeed! Whoever enters the house of Abu Sufyan shall be secure, whoever remains in his house shall be secure; and whoever enters the Mosque shall be secure.'"13

.                  How important or central is forgiveness to the Islamic tradition?

Forgiveness is selfishness. If one desires to be forgiven for his offenses he must learn to forgive others. Especially, if one seeks forgiveness from God, he should learn to forgive others for their offenses. If one desires that God overlook his weaknesses, he should learn to overlook weaknesses of others.

Forgiveness is important for two reasons:

Very importantly, for the after-life or the life hereafter. One forgives to seek forgiveness. Seeking forgiveness is a sign of humility and forgiving others is a sign of magnanimity.
Seeking forgiveness and forgiving others brings happiness in the worldly life - it's a psychological thing. In addition, forgiving improves relations with people by bringing good reputation and respect.
In the ancient world tribes and families carries on blood feud for generations because they could not forgive. Islam taught a middle path between turning the other cheek and never ending blood feud, that is, revenge to the extent harm done is allowed but forgiveness is preferred. Allah said in the Qur'an:

"The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah: for (Allah) loves not those who do wrong."  The Qur'an 42:40 (A. Yusuf Ali)

"But [remember that an attempt at] requiting evil may, too, become an evil: hence whoever pardons [his foe] and makes peace, his reward rests with God - for, verily, He does not love evildoers." The Qur'an 42:40 (Muhammad Asad)

Both translations of the same verse are correct. One gives more literal meaning (Yusuf Ali) and the other gives more interpretive meaning (Muhammad Asad). It is allowed to take revenge of an offense only to the extent of damage done but not to be exceeded. However, there is a great probability of exceeding the damage, thereby, the victim becomes an offender. Forgiveness is a protection and brings great reward from Allah.

Forgiveness is not taking revenge nor desiring any harm to the offender for a particular offense. Forgiveness includes not asking God's punishment to the offender in this life or in the life hereafter. There could be a partial forgiveness, that is, one would not take any revenge in this life but reserves his rights to address to the God in the life hereafter; this is called patience. In case of repentance by the offender, it may bring complete forgiveness for him.
http://www.leaderu.com/isr/articles_resources/forgivenessofsin.html
-----------------------------------------------------------
The Hans Wehr Dictionary of Modern Written Arabic edited by J.M. Cowan, Spoken Language Services, Inc., Ithaca, N.Y. 14850, Third Edition, 1976.
Allah, al-lah, is the name of Supreme Being in Arabic language; in English, the God or in Hebrew, Eloh or Elohim. Allah is the Creator, the Evolver, the Shaper of everything in the universe.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Pitokwe(m): 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2008
I am just discovering that most members of this great forum are fanatics.Iam highly disappointed. cry embarassed
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by efuah(f): 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2008
wow shocked i hail some of u here o.

Pitokwe, truly we have gr8 n fantastic members here. . . . but y the disappointment undecided undecided undecided
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by bibiking1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 28, 2008
you people are just psychophants
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Gettolove(m): 12:51pm On Jan 28, 2008
you guys are just like suicide bombers except to the extent that you are using the internet to display your madness.

I will advise you divert your time to a public service instead of wasting your time on what you can not change.

peace
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by klas(m): 1:17pm On Jan 28, 2008
I dont still understand why Nigerians always go up in arms defending these mid-eastern religions. The simple question is do they preach in trams, subtrains, buses etc in Europe and Americas or even Far-East? Are we more godly than them?

We only believe in a religion because we are born into it and our forefathers were already converted to it. If China had been conquered by the harbingers of these Isreali/Arab religions, the chinese that constitute 1/4 of the world population would have also seen the so-called light.

Who has gone to heaven and return to report that only people of particular faith are allowed entry. We believe what a religion book says because that book says we should believe it. This is a fallacy of circular argument.

Let each hold on to his/her faith and practise it within the designated areas and not constitute public nuisance.
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Pitokwe(m): 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2008
wow i hail some of u here o.

Pitokwe, truly we have great n fantastic members here. . . . but y the disappointment
Efuah,iam disappointed becos,i believe we should be delibrating on developmental issues n not issues that can bring rancour.Here in Nigeria.religion is a very sensitive issue,becos most people are very intolerant. tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2008
[quote][/quote]Please understand that these incidents were not reported in a corner as an isolated event - they scale the following countries in diverse geographical locations:

Afghanistan

Egypt

Idonesia

Malaysia

Nigeria

Pakistan

Sudan . . .

. . . and many other countries.

In the midst of the mud-water, there are sane voices asking just one fundamental question, as highlighted below:

hey!! MISS PILGRIM.1, stop yapping for a moment and go read about THE CRUSADE and how it happened,and just before you finish digesting that zap back to the middle east in the 60's and see how Iran and isreal had the best democracy before Iran made the ''MISTAKE'' of trying to nationalise their oil industry which made christian countries ''AMERICA and GREAT BRITAIN'' angry to the extent that they sponsored a coup which successfully remove a democratic government from power and installed a brutal dictator that killed thousands and incacerated many more, ahhhh just before you hiss about this,take a bus ride and find our how the U.S.A gave saddam chemical weapons to use in Iran and please just before that a citizen of europe,, HNMMMM killed millions of jews,whAO, AND have you forgotten how much the U.S.A spent training worlds most wanted terrorist, osama bin laden, or the ethnic cleansing in bosnia of muslims or very recently the murder of many iraqis by the coalition of the 'WILLING' ''Christian Britain and U.S.A'',, ahhhh i remember people being forced to tear off pages of the Quran and been forces to pose naked in iraq by U.S servicemen,
ahhhh burger off all you ill informed people,
Re: Preaching In Commercial Buses: by yara(m): 1:57pm On Jan 28, 2008
ONLY WHAT I CAN SAY IS DON'T ABUSE ANOTHER PERSONS BELIEVE, AND ABOUT THE PASTORS THAT PREACH IN THE BUSES I SEE THEM AS FAKE PASTORS BECAUSE AFTER THE PREACHING AND PARAYERS THEY DEMAND FOR ASSISTANCE WHICH IS WRONG, THEY ALL ALL A HUNGRY MAN WHO USES GODS NAME TO EAT. IT'S SAID IN THE BIBLE THAT AT THE END OF DAYS AS IN WHEN THE END TIME COMES THEY WILL BE DINED BY JESUS OF NOT KNOWING THEM.
I AM SAYING THESE WITHOUT ANY HATRED OR ABUSE TO ANY RELIGION BECAUSE ME TO I AM A CHRISTIAN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ? / Household Enemies, Wickedness And Witchcraft / The Only Antidote For Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.