Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,397 members, 7,904,483 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:17 PM

Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? (15616 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You / What Is Best Way To Propose Marriage To Your Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by chucky234(m): 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
If the lady in question has all the features in the right places with a big round curvy brown bum then we can sail safely,every other things will be added naturally.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
chucky234: No wondor you proposed to me last night,in Yankee its understandable but in Naija mbanu.
smh
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by enigmadania(f): 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mynd_44: He proposes she proposes, as long as there is a connection between them, who cares?
Yea yea!!!
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by MOBBDEEP: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
We need to know how a rational & an average guy thinks. I guess one of the most determinants of the stability of a relationship dynamics is fidelity.
And you can easily detect that here based on the responses of some guys who are saying yes. But!, excuse me folks, did you notice the condition attached to their affirmative response? They said if the lady is in good standing.
How do you know the lady in a good standing? (Analogous to proverbial 'how to bell the cat')

Don't get me wrong! These guys, for me, are real & they rock & nor am I saying it is wrong for ladies to make the move. But the ultimate move?, I'm not sure.

First impression, they say, last very long. When a woman proposes, it naturally registers negatively on the mind of an average guy subconsciously no matter how free-minded or exposed the guy is (ladies don't let anyone deceives you or let's be deceiving ourselves). This approach also, kind of, put the guys on the defensive and they are, either consciously or otherwise, on the look-out for what is not there. This sets the relationship on a wrong footing ab initio.

If one can get above these, then there shouldn't be issues but, trust me, issues that has to do with rooted complexes, instinctive dynamics & subconscious values like this one the OP raised are very difficult to play around.

Mind you, many a guy still finds problem with ladies showing ordinary greenlight. Let alone the ultimate act of proposing.

Hence to your question, yes but the lady should be wary of the consequences. ( Which could range from having a smooth-sailing relationship to being seen erroneously as a loose girl )

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by kumbalo(m): 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
ochallo: please the correct question should be , would you marry a lady that proposes marriage to you?. i can't believe this is on front page and is grammatically wrong.
mr teacher, on the contrary sir, i tink it should be "will you marry a lady that proposes marriage to you?" OR "would you marry a lady that proposed marriage to you" no vex sir, na wetin i tink
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by mrrock: 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
A girl once asked me not to leave her. She said she would be devastated if I leave her. But I was foolish to leave her, that was 2004. Later I realized she truely loved me to pieces. If it was today I would have maried her without second guessing it. Oh! I love you Chika.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by HRManager2: 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
We tend to believe that because we are centuries away from the stone ages, the basic instincts of men when it comes to the "hunt" has changed. Sorry to bust anyone's bubble, but I dare to say, IT HAS NOT! A guy tends to value MORE a woman he took the pains to woo and win...it is in his blood and psyche to hunt, obtain and enjoy. Take that away from him and soon enough, discontent will set in...it is only a matter of time. From creation till now, man's nature has not changed one bit! Times have, technology has, knowledge has, but old-fashioned masculine instincts HAVE NOT! No matter how flowery people may try to make it, women NEVER send the right signals to a man when they make the first move or worse propose marriage (something in them sets off a warning signal which they are masters at hiding these days). Permit me to say, "HE that FINDETH a WIFE findeth a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord. (bible no get hot potato for mouth wen e talk am)
Now, please don't get me wrong, there are exceptions, but they are very far and in between. Since we all live by the "general rules" and WE ARE AFRICANS (and like it or not,we are not "white people" so comparisons don't count), I think women should be the treasure they are and let the man pursue them and propose to them; NO MAN EVER PROPOSES TO A WOMAN UNTIL HE HAS THOUGHT IT THROUGH (the responses I have read so far even emphasizes this). If a woman beats him to it, I doubt he would appreciate it!

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2012
ochallo: please the correct question should be , would you marry a lady that proposes marriage to you?. i can't believe this is on front page and is grammatically wrong.

Corrected, thank you so much, you are so kind. Now answer the question ?
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by mokola1(m): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
As a guy I don't think its that much of a big deal if the girl i've been with for sometime and clearly love beats me to the that question of marriage proposal. If anything, I'd probably be angry at myself that she beat me to it. While I understand that there is a societal expectation that the man should ask the woman for her hand in marrriage, I haven't seen any law that says the opposite shouldn't be the case. For all those guys who say they would look at the girl as being desperate; my only response is they are weak, immature and need to start have a bit off balls. How stupid would this sound- a guy dumps the girl of his dreams because she said "honey i'd love you to be my husband and i want to spend the rest of my life with you". For me this conversation does not need philosophisation.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Bunchersstab(m): 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
preshuzpearl: I see that move as been desperate.
Motives are important.
Recently i started talkin wit dis guy and as we were chattin,i mentioned to him that he was breakin my heart by not giving me wat i want. Somehow along d line, our conversation veered into relationship and he started sayin dat i wasnt 'good enough for him' or smthin. Altho i lafed it off,i made sure i passed d message across dat he was actually d one below me and was only foolin himself thinkin he could use that line to get at me
The point is, I have come to discover that guys dont usually give respect to ladies who come after themESPECIALLY if they are little stars having a lot of priviledges and 'fans'. they start thinkin they're doin u favours just by talking to you
may b u where demanding 2 much. Say d truth.
Did u give him room not 2 trust u?
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
adora4u1: Propose marriage to a Nigerian man?! Are you kidding me?! HELL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! The average Nigerian man will run like hell! He is not matured enough for a woman with a strong personality!

Using the answers from guys on this thread, I can conclude that your calculation is wrong. You can start counting the yes against the nay's ...
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by tommywise: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
why not, with her money to take care of me.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by adora4u1: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
sadeiyare:

Using the answers from guy on this thread, I can infere that your calculation is wrong. You can start counting the yes against the nay's ...

And how many guys on this thread have said they MARRIED the woman who proposed to them? It's very easy to answer a hypothetical question!
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by fagin1982(m): 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
Everything is wrong if a woman proposes to a Man..its normal if a lady gives the green light for the guy to wrap it up..what is worth doing is worth doig right and well ..Leave Americans and Europeans out of it ..We are Africans and we ve our culture and way of doing things ..How many of our borrowed practices ve done us so much good , rather it ends up corrupting our originality..

Its is the sole duty of the Man to propose and not vice versa..

What re you even proposing ...You can as well go ahead and pay the dowry of Man because its 21st century .
The world is confused today cox of the insatiable quest of the woman to matchup wth the man
Play your role as the lady and leave the rest for the Man

I will take any lady that proposes to me as an unserious person who doesn't know what her role as a woman is ..

@Mrs Chima for the first time , am not inmpresses with ur opinion

Ladies don't be desperate ...He will propose please

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by chucky234(m): 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
adora4u1:

And how many guys on this thread have said they MARRIED the woman who proposed to them? It's very easy to answer a hypothetical question!
I am looking forward to marrying one
lol
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by caukerzee(m): 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
I will discourage women not to do that. Not becaue its wrong, but because its a big risk. Very few men will take it as normal, but the average nigerian man will take avantage of it when he is wrong or offends you. He will remind you of how you were the one that wooed him. Women dont remind men of how they(the men) were the one that wooed them(the women). Whereas, a man would do that. You may ask why? No because it is wrong, but because it is not normal.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
There are many couples in America where women have proposed to the men. Many of those couples are still happily married.

It is all about the person.

Women empowerment activist. Please how much is Garri in US

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by enigmagu1(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
marry d psn u n 4get abt who propose n did not...
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by dmcdad: 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
caukerzee: I will discourage women not to do that. Not becaue its wrong, but because its a big risk. Very few men will take it as normal, but the average nigerian man will take avantage of it when he is wrong or offends you. He will remind you of how you were the one that wooed him. Women dont remind men of how they(the men) were the one that wooed them(the women). Whereas, a man would do that. You may ask why? No because it is wrong, but because it is not normal.

Well, not someone like me... I think depends on the man's personality
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
adora4u1:

Mind you nobody is forcing anyone to say yes, I also believe they have reasoned it through
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by leffects(m): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
Only if is genuine n straight from the heart.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by caukerzee(m): 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
And how would u know it is genuine and from the heart mr mind reader?
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by caukerzee(m): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
leffects: Only if is genuine n straight from the heart.
and how would you know it is genuine and straight from the heart mr mind reader?
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
fagin1982: Everything is wrong if a woman proposes to a Man..its normal if a lady gives the green light for the guy to wrap it up..what is worth doing is worth doig right and well ..Leave Americans and Europeans out of it ..We are Africans and we ve our culture and way of doing things ..How many of our borrowed practices ve done us so much good , rather it ends up corrupting our originality..

Its is the sole duty of the Man to propose and not vice versa..

What re you even proposing ...You can as well go ahead and pay the dowry of Man because its 21st century .
The world is confused today cox of the insatiable quest of the woman to matchup wth the man
Play your role as the lady and leave the rest for the Man

I will take any lady that proposes to me as an unserious person who doesn't know what her role as a woman is ..

@Mrs Chima for the first time , am not inmpresses with ur opinion

Ladies don't be desperate ...He will propose please

I don't know about yours, but in my culture your wife's bride price would have been paid by your father sometimes after her birth while you are still a todler. Is that the kind of relationship that you will support.

* Anyways, now you know Mrs_chima's idea about this matter, it should be a revelational plus not a minus ; with this you just got to know her better
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2012
I have had 5 women proposed to me here in the U.S. So, it's not strange here. Nigerian women should follow suit too and stop seeing it to be unusual. Men have conscience too not just you women...
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by CzarChris(m): 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
Julieccentric:

So what are you feeling like? Denzel Wahington??

Sorry to burst your bubble hon, but Denzel's got nothing on me.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by caukerzee(m): 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
dmcdad:

Well, not someone like me... I think depends on the man's personality
well, i wount say you are not different from every other man out there but one thing is for sure, it is in man's nature to appreciate what he works for than what he is gifted for free. Women are always on the reciving end. Gender equality will never work. That is how man is wired and anything trying to disobey that law of nature fails. If a woman woos you, you would be on the reciving end, you are always searching for her wrong doings, constant fault finding, rather than appreciating her good side. You would be looking for what is not there than what is there. The feeling a man gets when a woman woos him is totaly different from the feeling a woman gets from being wooed by a man. When a woman woos a man, theres this sudden fear that sets in, the fear of desperation. It doesnt matter how long youve liked or love her.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by oferefe(f): 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
[color=#006600]A girl asks me out, no biggies, happens all the time. But proposing? Unless you'll take care of the bridal list no probs, but if am to pay the bride price and all, please let me take my time and evaluate what am getting myself into.
(Q[/co[quote][/quote]

Funny! some guys believe they are doing ladies a favour by marrying them. let me tell you we(man & woman) are both involved in this.A woman too is looking for a good man to marry as much as a man is...dont always feel women need to be evaluated before u decide to marry her. you guys need to be more thoroughly evaluated wen it comes to making a decision to settle down.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by caukerzee(m): 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
Danka7777: I have had 5 women proposed to me here in the U.S. So, it's not strange here. Nigerian women should follow suit too and stop seeing it to be unusual. Men have conscience too not just you women...
and how much is the price of garri in the U.S? This is Africa man, Nigeria for that matter. We dont just borrow every culture the practice. This is what i call mental slavery.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by adigun65: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
WHY NOT. IF WE DO IT & DEY ACCEPT, WHY WONT I
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by LeJeun3: 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
I really will Appreciate that. I will marry her!
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by juman(m): 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
Yes. But the prayer should be positive also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My First And Last Encounter With A Dirty Olosho / Confused: Check Out This PIX : Guy Or Girl?.. / Do You Think She Has The Best Breast Ever! Meet This Hot IG Model With Big Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.