Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,247 members, 7,947,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? (10334 Views)

Tompolo’s Battleships May Be Turned Against Itsekiri – Group / Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF / Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Ikengawo: 10:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
Just two years ago everyone in and outside of Nigeria would swear they were to hope of the future. Today everyone is celebrating their lose and most words about them aren't words of praise. The presence of Tinubu and Nigeria's increasing rejection of godfatherism seems to be one obvious factor but I find it to be a very strong and strange development. It's possible that they may even lose some of the states they have already won in the next round of elections.

Topic by www..com

3 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by taharqa: 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2012
Propaganda ALWAYS backfires in the long run. You could only keep it going for so long.

I also thought ACN was going to be the party but the way the have comported themselves, esp their Noise-making Propaganda arm( led by Lai Mohammed) have put some people away. I still regard them a little higher than PDP though( and that should tell you how low I regard the PDP); yet if they continue this free fall and GEJ continue to do well and solves some major problems in Nigeria( like Power, Railways, Rods, Corruption, Govt Bureaucracy, Electoral Reforms, Agriculture etc), it would rub-off well on PDP and they would ave themselves to blame.

If you must oppose, do so with Substance; with Alternatives.

Oh....they should do something about Tinubu, if you know what am talking about.

6 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Maxymilliano(m): 7:00am On Oct 23, 2012
People did not hate ACN as a party but have come to realized that the party is not different from the PDP, infact, ACN as a party is worse than PDP in democratic ethos.

The pervading hypocrisy in the ACN stinks to high heaven, its double standard approach to criticisim left much to be desired. This is a party that always condemn PDP for any perceived wasteful spending but never see anything wrong when such insufferable spending is from the party.

The larger than life image of Tinubu and his stranglehold on the party is also not helping, people have come to see through the much touted progressivism as just another attempt at empire building for Tinubu's self-glorification.
He arrogates the collective will power of the SW populace, as expressed in last year election to his political sagacity and which is quite insultive to me and people like me.

4 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by saintneo(m): 7:15am On Oct 23, 2012
Waiting 4 Eko ocean, dudu montenegro, eko ile-ife & other ACN apologists

6 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Geomac: 8:04am On Oct 23, 2012
ACN will lose the remaining SW states in the next election for as long as Tinubu is still in control of that party. My Yoruba friend wrote: ACN should not think that Yoruba are fools.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by inspirenet: 8:09am On Oct 23, 2012
taharqa:
Propaganda ALWAYS backfires in the long run. You could only keep it going for so long.

I also thought ACN was going to be the party but the way the have comported themselves, esp their Noise-making Propaganda arm( led by Lai Mohammed) have put some people away. I still regard them a little higher than PDP though( and that should tell you how low I regard the PDP); yet if they continue this free fall and GEJ continue to do well and solves some major problems in Nigeria( like Power, Railways, Rods, Corruption, Govt Bureaucracy, Electoral Reforms, Agriculture etc), it would rub-off well on PDP and they would ave themselves to blame.

If you must oppose, do so with Substance; with Alternatives.

Oh....they should do something about Tinubu, if you know what am talking about.

hmmmm...
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by luvinhubby(m): 9:04am On Oct 23, 2012
The godfatherism factor of Tinubu is the Achilles heels of ACN, the strongest pillar of democracy is internal (party) democracy, where the party members are allowed to elect an individual that should best represent the party`s idealogy and philosophy so as to implement the party manifesto to the greater good of the society. But in ACN case you find a situation where Tinubu singlehandedly picks the candidate for every election and imposes him on the other party members without any form of primaries. Bisi Akande and Tinubu has been the national chairman and national leader of the party in the last 7 yrs without an election, even PDP has a better semblance of internal democracy . You can`t have subtle dictatorship in the name of Democracy for too long, Nigerian are getting wiser by the day.

6 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by nifemi01(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2012
Cos pple have now realised that instead of being the opposition party, they are just another imposition party.

9 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by hurricaneChris: 10:46am On Oct 23, 2012
Oh how the time flies!!

I said sometin like this bfo election last year that bfo 2years people will see the real hypocritical nature of ACN.

Why has there not been any election for the xcos of ACN?......Bisi Akande and co have been there for almost 7years.

Thank God they are now paving ways for opposition.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by chyket(m): 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2012
I think it's basically because the party is too Tinubucentred and people are getting tired.Tinubucentred takes all decisions in the party and it's not very healthy for a public organization.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Desola(f): 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2012
Awon oloshi! Ariwo igo lo ma pa alaicewater yin. Yorubas are not crying, wailing or complaining about the ACN but this moraeffing okoros who just want the downfall of the Yoruba nation by all means would always cry more than the bereaved. Kilode?

How has ACN been rejected? That Ondo remains in the hands of the incumbent government now equates to a gallant loss to the ACN? Una be toys? Una brains dey work at all? Yes, ACN has its faults and perhaps have been falling in and out of slumber but to compare them to the evil PDP party is just madness!

Tinubu, as bad as he may be perceived, is a necessary evil at this time in the history of Nigerian politics. All i'm concerned about is seeing stellar performance from the ACN governors to seal a final nail in the coffin of the evil PDP and for Labour to surpass its achievements in Ondo.

Whichever way you look at it, the Yorubas would no longer be part of your stupid Nigerian politics, we would decide the best leaders for ourselves and be rest assured that PDP's days in the west are over for good! If you like, dance over your moonlight fire, the recent development in Ondo just proves to the whole world that the Yorubas are a cut above all other rubbish ethnic groups in Nigeria and we should never have been lumped with you di.ckheads in the first place.

23 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by BlackBaron: 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
With Tinunbu's vociferous ambition to lord over the SW as the supreme Godfather of all, I wouldn't be surprised if ACN gets turfed out for good.
The recent Ondo state election is a good example.

The Governors are doing good but me thinks Bola is beginning to run it like a family business which is not helping.

3 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by thelastPope(m): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2012
Desola: Awon oloshi! Ariwo igo lo ma pa alaicewater yin. Yorubas are not crying, wailing or complaining about the ACN but this moraeffing okoros who just want the downfall of the Yoruba nation by all means would always cry more than the bereaved. Kilode?

How has ACN been rejected? That Ondo remains in the hands of the incumbent government now equates to a gallant loss to the ACN? Una be toys? Una brains dey work at all? Yes, ACN has its faults and perhaps have been falling in and out of slumber but to compare them to the evil PDP party is just madness!

Tinubu, as bad as he may be perceived, is a necessary evil at this time in the history of Nigerian politics. All i'm concerned about is seeing stellar performance from the ACN governors to seal a final nail in the coffin of the evil PDP and for Labour to surpass its achievements in Ondo.

Whichever way you look at it, the Yorubas would no longer be part of your stupid Nigerian politics, we would decide the best leaders for ourselves and be rest assured that PDP's days in the west are over for good! If you like, dance over your moonlight fire, the recent development in Ondo just proves to the whole world that the Yorubas are a cut above all other rubbish ethnic groups in Nigeria and we should never have been lumped with you di.ckheads in the first place.

Hahahahahaha! You are speaking for ACN, not for Yoruba. Yorubas spoke on saturday just like they spoke last year elections and their voice is loud and clear: ACN does not command their full support! Keep spewing your propaganda and falsehood there! Nobody buys that anymore! Funny chap!

7 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by takedat(m): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
Desola: Awon oloshi! Ariwo igo lo ma pa alaicewater yin. Yorubas are not crying, wailing or complaining about the ACN but this moraeffing okoros who just want the downfall of the Yoruba nation by all means would always cry more than the bereaved. Kilode?

You just made my day. Seem people outside the SW region are more interested in the affairs of SW and how it is run. Either its LP or ACN, all we wish for is good governance.
The same outsiders who take keen interest in SW politics are the type who voted in the likes of Theodore Orji, Elechi, Uduaghan for a repeat of non performance.

11 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by 2mch(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2012
The truth is the candidate. Infact, that candidate was an error. People watched the debate. Yoruba's take interest in their affairs. I am sure that they saw that the man could not articulate himself, or even describe what his goals will be. When the guy opened his mouth, it was an effort in futility. ACN should take note of the candidates it presents next time.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by 2mch(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2012

yeye oooooo!

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by adeadewusi: 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/aadewusi/posts/10151118701856918

NOW THE FOX IS GONE: AN OPEN LETTER TO DR. OLUSEGUN RAHMAN MIMIKO
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Arsenate(m): 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2012

hahahahah. Typical yoruba tribalist.

3 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2012
[quote author=hurricaneChris]Oh how the time flies!!

I said sometin like this bfo election last year that bfo 2years people will see the real hypocritical nature of ACN.

Why has there not been any election for the xcos of ACN?......Bisi Akande and co have been there for almost 7years.

Thank God they are now paving ways for opposition.

[/
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by ortopazz(m): 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
BlackBaron: With Tinunbu's vociferous ambition to lord over the SW as the supreme Godfather of all, I wouldn't be surprised if ACN gets turfed out for good.
The recent Ondo state election is a good example.

The Governors are doing good but me thinks Bola is beginning to run it like a family business which is not helping.

i think you(desola) hit your head somewhere, of good wiil it be to Nigeria as a whole if Acn keeps dominating the west amidst tinibu's fingering and fiddling. He should clearly be a pacesetter by correcting the wrongs ofthe PDP, is that too much to ask, instead of spewing sttupid jibes at people.

Acn was once the ideal Party to take over from the PDP but they are wolves in sheep clothing,and are not in any way different, besides Desola whooeva you are calling dickkheads just understand that nobody is taking panadol on your behalf, the earlier the better.

If ACN remains in the west till Tinibuz grandchijdren grow to replace his wife in the senate then I think it is regionalization and nt a nation wide party.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2012

This is another apologist who only dislikes Gbawe, another apologist for reasons known by both.. You can build castles in the air to eternity the truth remains that ACN may be worse than PDP is their excesses is not curtailed and they don't command the loyalty of all the Yorubas except tribal apologists
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Johndoe100(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
Desola:

Emmm... Gbawe was on the other thread pushing the begging bowl that you errr.. Yoruba have been placing in front of GEJ for more oyel money as Lagos is a "special case". You want our money but don't want to associate with us? Typical. But you know Yoruba people are like that.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by russellino: 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
I'm sure u live abroad. All these hardcore pseudo-nationalism ideas only come from ppl in diaspora. My plumber akin does not like acn or tinubu.acn is not yoruba

As a nigerian I can comment on wherever I like in nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Desola(f): 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2012
russellino: I'm sure u live abroad. All these hardcore pseudo-nationalism ideas only come from ppl in diaspora. My plumber akin does not like acn or tinubu.acn is not yoruba

As a nigerian I can comment on wherever I like in nigeria.

You are sure, how?

Good for your made up plumber! I am Yoruba and do not particularly like Tinubu but would take ACN or LP over PDP any day!

9 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Desola(f): 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: This is another apologist who only dislikes Gbawe, another apologist for reasons known by both.. You can build castles in the air to eternity the truth remains that ACN may be worse than PDP is their excesses is not curtailed and they don't command the loyalty of all the Yorubas except tribal apologists

I agree with the emboldened. My point however is for you, the outsiders, not to mistake the decision of the Ondo people as a rejection of the ACN. The Ondo people merely found a formulae that works for them and decided to stick with it. Why fix it if it isn't broken. Nevertheless, a close watch must be kept on Mimiko this second term as I see a potential of becoming autocratic and perhaps even more power drunk than Tinubu (to my Yoruba kiths and kins of course).

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by BlackBaron: 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
ortopazz:

i thinkyou hit your head somewhere, of what wiil it be if acn keeps dominating the west and tinibu fingering and fiddling what he should clearly be pacesetter by correcting the wrongs ofthe pdp, is that too much to ask, instead of spewing sttupid jibes at people.

Acn was once the ideal oarty to take over from the pdpbut they are wolves in sheep clothing,besidesdesola whooeva you are callingdickkheads justunderstand that nobody is taking panadol on your behalf, the earlier the better

Err mate, do read your incoherent post again and pray tell whose head looks like it got bashed against something.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
And coincidentally the people crying more than the bereaved are not even SW people.

Tide turned against ACN when they have control of 5 out of 6 states?

Mor0ns are born not made

7 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by russellino: 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
I'm quite sure you live abroad because your views seem to follow a trend I've noticed in many nigerian ppl who live abroad. Extremist ethnic allegiances, a clear disconnect from the pulse of the average nigerian in the street in analysing mundane everyday events and including but not limited to a yearning to return to an utopian country populated only by ppl whose names sound like yours and are from your tribe.

I've got friends who live abroad that charter all sorts of 50 naira african looking bangles and trinkets when they visit naija just to cling to ther identity. Its not a bad thiing mind you but in some ppl it manifests negatvely as I have been noticing on this and a number of forums

Desola:

You are sure, how?

Good for your made up plumber! I am Yoruba and do not particularly like Tinubu but would take ACN or LP over PDP any day!
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Desola(f): 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2012
russellino: I'm quite sure you live abroad because your views seem to follow a trend I've noticed in many nigerian ppl who live abroad. Extremist ethnic allegiances, a clear disconnect from the pulse of the average nigerian in the street in analysing mundane everyday events and including but not limited to a yearning to return to an utopian country populated only by ppl whose names sound like yours and are from your tribe.

I've got friends who live abroad that charter all sorts of 50 naira african looking bangles and trinkets when they visit naija just to cling to ther identity. Its not a bad thiing mind you but in some ppl it manifests negatvely as I have been noticing on this and a number of forums

You are judging me based on observation; a trend as you have adduced but you were quick to conclude that I am a diasporan even though you have no cogent proof? Until you can prove beyond reasonable doubt, then your assertion remains a fallacy.

As per your thesis on what constitutes a diasporan, I couldn't help but chuckle because I see a trait that I see in most ibo people which is that they know virtually nothing but open their mouths without engaging their brains and spew absolute crap! Am I right in my observation of the ibos?

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
dayokanu: And coincidentally the people crying more than the bereaved are not even SW people.

Tide turned against ACN when they have control of 5 out of 6 states?

Mor0ns are born not made
Never you make the mistake of counting Edo as a western state, because I am still in limbo on how your west is now 6 states unless you are counting Kwara.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Akanbiedu(m): 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
Desola:

You are sure, how?

PDP and LP are the same.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by tpia5: 8:01pm On Oct 24, 2012
Dont know anything about any of these parties!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8,300 Petition UK To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Assets / Gbajabimila & Agege At The Opening Ceremony Of The 64th Commonwealth Conference / Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.