Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,341 members, 7,888,083 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:53 PM

Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? (10295 Views)

Tompolo’s Battleships May Be Turned Against Itsekiri – Group / Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF / Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by JANK23H(m): 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
Arsenate: hahahahah. Typical yoruba tribalist. You'd think SW towns are any thing to write home about when U hear these bubble heads talk, but woooosaaaai. SW is one giant sh1t hole; especially ibadan and lagos. The ugliest towns in Nigeria are all in the SW, lol. In SW, educational advancement is inversely proportional to environmental beauty, lol. Only in SW...lmao

My guy u said it all.I served in Ekiti state.......and boy was i disappointed.The educational system is pathetic.I was born in d southwest and i've visited all the southwesten states,i must confess they are the most backward states in nigeria apart from the North.

Still they make the loudest noise.very dirty people!
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by JANK23H(m): 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
Desola:

You are judging me based on observation; a trend as you have adduced but you were quick to conclude that I am a diasporan even though you have no cogent proof? Until you can prove beyond reasonable doubt, then your assertion remains a fallacy.

As per your thesis on what constitutes a diasporan, I couldn't help but chuckle because I see a trait that I see in most ibo people which is that they know virtually nothing but open their mouths without engaging their brains and spew absolute crap! Am I right in my observation of the ibos?

There is a psycopath on the loose,somebody pls hold her down.Why do Yorubas hate Igbos dis bad?.I schooled in the east and have lived with both tribes but will prefer an Igbo anyday.

Mind you i'am not Igbo,I'm a Nigerdeltan to the core.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by tpia5: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2012
Um, who exactly cares?

Why are you hyperventilating?
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by thegenie(m): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
I think ACN merely benefited from the masses' disenchantment with PDP - a mere alternative, not necessarily because people liked ACN by itself. As far as I am concerned, and have observed, political leaders make their parties good (or bad): the Parties by themselves are no different from each other. Fashola brought on the ACN appeal, as did Duke for PDP.

Because of our general collective amnesia, we judge Parties by the present occupants of political officers from the Parties, regardless of the performance of historical political office occupants of the same Parties. So, for example, everyone forgets what what Duke did when judging PDP in Cross River State. Or what Tinubu did when judging ACN in Lagos State, etc, etc.

When I vote, I personally don't care about what Party flag my candidate flies; I care more about WHO the candidate is: his/her antecedents, pedigree, etc. This may explain why Mimiko (LP) won in Ondo, and why Oke (PDP) came second ahead of Akeredolu (ACN) in the same election, in South-west!!
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by sweetrace(f): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
Maybe Nigerian's should move past the parties and tribes and just vote for the individual who has a proven record or background of integrity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by thegenie(m): 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
I'm amazed when I see people who are supposed to be educated and above tribalism / racism going so low. I am Niger-deltan. My best friend is Ibo, my sweetheart is Yoruba. I have a VERY good close friend from Kano. According to Tunde Obe (of Charlie Boy's ZOOM TIME fame), there are only two tribes: 1) Good people, and 2) Bad people.

Geography don't define the essence of any man. The same Nigerians feeling racially superior feel the most offence when an Indian or Chinese exhibits racial superiority tendencies towards him / her. That's hypocrisy. The fact that we are mostly anonymous here isn't license to discard our sensibilities. Genetic science has proven that human-kind is 99.99% (or thereabouts) similar. The good, the bad and the ugly cut across all geographies!!
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by ortopazz(m): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
BlackBaron:

Err mate, do read your incoherent post again and pray tell whose head looks like it got bashed against something.

Think I was I high on Baron sire, I misquoted,, did right to my incoherent post!
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by igboboy1(m): 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
Desola: Awon oloshi! Ariwo igo lo ma pa alaicewater yin. Yorubas are not crying, wailing or complaining about the ACN but this moraeffing okoros [b]who just want the downfall of the Yoruba nation by all means [/b]would always cry more than the bereaved. Kilode?

How has ACN been rejected? That Ondo remains in the hands of the incumbent government now equates to a gallant loss to the ACN? Una be toys? Una brains dey work at all? Yes, ACN has its faults and perhaps have been falling in and out of slumber but to compare them to the evil PDP party is just madness!

Tinubu, as bad as he may be perceived, is a necessary evil at this time in the history of Nigerian politics. All i'm concerned about is seeing stellar performance from the ACN governors to seal a final nail in the coffin of the evil PDP and for Labour to surpass its achievements in Ondo.

Whichever way you look at it, [b]the Yorubas would no longer be part of your stupid Nigerian politics, [/b]we would decide the best leaders for ourselves and be rest assured that PDP's days in the west are over for good! If you like, dance over your moonlight fire, the recent development in Ondo just proves to the whole world that the Yorubas are a cut above all other rubbish ethnic groups in Nigeria and we should never have been lumped with you di.ckheads in the first place.

obviously ishi adiri gi nma. e na puo ara?
Craze woman..keep your madness to your fellow ofe manus and live Ndigbo out of it

Obviously you are a confused beeetch.. Only una fight for one nigeria now una no one join national party? ANuofia,
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by sudge7: 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
It's funny how the tribal bashing explodes over the mention of the shortcomings of a political party. It's even more hilarious when each tribe puts down the other tribe, with their pride intact.

THIS IS THE FACT OF NIGERIA:

It cannot be said that one tribe has successfully contributed to the success of its indigenes or Nigeria as a whole. Pardon my french, we are all in the same shit hole, made by the same shit heads. Whether you're Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. None of the big 3 has contributed to moving this country forward in a substantive way.

But do carry on, I think it is fun to mire in our own hypocrisy.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Desola(f): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Emi nikan tan? Awon omo Igbo fariga o....
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by kemifemi: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
Pdp, Acn,LP are all birds of the same feather. Pdp, Acn,LP are all birds of the same feather.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Dee60: 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
PDP is doing well in Rivers because of Rotimi Amaechi. Lagos is benefiting from Fashola's hardwork. Forget ACN. Forget PDP. Look for good candidates. Period! If politicians can read correctly, that is the message that has come out of Edo and Ondo. Edo, Ondo, Rivers, Lagos give us a slight hope that democracy can work in Nigeria. The people have a stake in this. Make sure you vote only for credible candidates.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by igboboy1(m): 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
grin
bikonu kede ife nwanyi ara ne kwu?

O di ka o na la manya all day hehehehhehe
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by rhymz(m): 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2012
i wont be surprised if ACN lose face
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 26, 2012
thegenie: I'm amazed when I see people who are supposed to be educated and above tribalism / racism going so low. I am Niger-deltan. My best friend is Ibo, my sweetheart is Yoruba. I have a VERY good close friend from Kano. According to Tunde Obe (of Charlie Boy's ZOOM TIME fame), there are only two tribes: 1) Good people, and 2) Bad people.

Thanks a lot bro. You just kicked some serious knowledge. I have always believed the same thing.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 26, 2012
Desola: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Aderupoko grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by iconaus: 1:36am On Oct 26, 2012
geeez: [b]The tide hasn't turned against ACN inYoruba land. It's only turned against mediocrity and visionless leadership. Akeredolu couldn't articulate himself during the campaigns and debates. Oke did much better and Mimiko was spot on. Some people would have voted ACN with the ongoing SW regional integration at the back of their minds. However, the candidate presented by the ACN didn't clearly define a roadmap for the state which in his plan should tee off from what Mimiko has been able to achieve. The results only reflected the voters' perception and expectation based on the candidates' promises, plans and antecedents which I think is brilliant. The SW will be better for it as governance Isi synonymous with performance in the region. If you look at the way Yorubas have been voting since 1999, you will realize that the governors that return are those that perform and this will send a signal to all those in elective positions in the region thereby leading to accelerated development as we've been seeing in recent years [/b]

governors that return are those that perform and this will send a signal to all those in elective positions in the region thereby leading to accelerated development

Which development are you talkning about ? as far as people know no place is developed in the west except lagos and lagos is so because of other tribes contributions. What is the evidence of the development u re talking about that ve made u people returned the performing governors ?. Dont deceive ur self
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by iconaus: 1:47am On Oct 26, 2012
sudge7: It's funny how the tribal bashing explodes over the mention of the shortcomings of a political party. It's even more hilarious when each tribe puts down the other tribe, with their pride intact.

THIS IS THE FACT OF NIGERIA:

It cannot be said that one tribe has successfully contributed to the success of its indigenes or Nigeria as a whole. Pardon my french, we are all in the same shit hole, made by the same shit heads. Whether you're Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa. None of the big 3 has contributed to moving this country forward in a substantive way.

But do carry on, I think it is fun to mire in our own hypocrisy.

Hausas and yorubas contributed immensely to the down fall of nigeria . 45yrs of misrule in nigeria has put us in this mess. igbos are isolated from federal govt and they focused on private biz and development of nigeria and people like u yorubas are jealous about it. North and west failed nigeria woefully while igbo champion development in nigeria. where is the dividend of free education the west had in nigeria? nothing to show for it except tribalism and back stabbing other fellow nigerians
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Omofranca(f): 1:55am On Oct 26, 2012
The voters simply wanted back a governor that they saw as performing compared to his predecessor. It was not a question of party loyalties or the tide turning.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by uzoexcel(m): 5:16am On Oct 26, 2012
Desola: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

u r getting more senile every minute...better c a shrink!!!!!!
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by uzoexcel(m): 5:17am On Oct 26, 2012
thegenie: I'm amazed when I see people who are supposed to be educated and above tribalism / racism going so low. I am Niger-deltan. My best friend is Ibo, my sweetheart is Yoruba. I have a VERY good close friend from Kano. According to Tunde Obe (of Charlie Boy's ZOOM TIME fame), there are only two tribes: 1) Good people, and 2) Bad people.

Geography don't define the essence of any man. The same Nigerians feeling racially superior feel the most offence when an Indian or Chinese exhibits racial superiority tendencies towards him / her. That's hypocrisy. The fact that we are mostly anonymous here isn't license to discard our sensibilities. Genetic science has proven that human-kind is 99.99% (or thereabouts) similar. The good, the bad and the ugly cut across all geographies!!
9ce 1 bro...naija needs more people like u jare
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by uzoexcel(m): 5:20am On Oct 26, 2012
icon aus:

Hausas and yorubas contributed immensely to the down fall of nigeria . 45yrs of misrule in nigeria has put us in this mess. igbos are isolated from federal govt and they focused on private biz and development of nigeria and people like u yorubas are jealous about it. North and west failed nigeria woefully while igbo champion development in nigeria. where is the dividend of free education the west had in nigeria? nothing to show for it except tribalism and back stabbing other fellow nigerians
nah.....letz nt exclude d igbos from anythhing....most ibo men i knw dont have structures in their village but have houses in lag,kaduna etc...igbos make up a large part of lagos and other states.....y is d southeast not working?if fashola was d governor of abia state, will Aba be as fu**ck*ed up as it is nowtry and analyse thnz without resorting to tribal sentiments
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by cjrane: 9:55am On Oct 26, 2012
The worst fall out of the speedy collapse of IBB regime was the scrapping to the two party system. Just like USA that knows if they allowed more than two parties, there will be a black party,white people party, Latino party, Asian party etc, Nigeria cannot and should not practice anything more than a two party system.

ACN is a tribal party and sometimes, people just get tired of sacrificing competence and performance for tribal sentiments. That is what happened in the Ondo election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Race Intrigues Shape Bid For Nigeria Governors Forum Chair / Aregbesola's Camp Drags Buni, Others To Court Over APC Congress / Tax Returns: Reps Probe Uber, Bolt, Other Transport Firms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.