Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,785 members, 7,875,948 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:25 AM

Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? (10280 Views)

Tompolo’s Battleships May Be Turned Against Itsekiri – Group / Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF / Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2012
Desola:

I agree with the emboldened. My point however is for you, the outsiders, not to mistake the decision of the Ondo people as a rejection of the ACN. The Ondo people merely found a formulae that works for them and decided to stick with it. Why fix it if it isn't broken. Nevertheless, a close watch must be kept on Mimiko this second term as I see a potential of becoming autocratic and perhaps even more power drunk than Tinubu (to my Yoruba kiths and kins of course).
Stop playing tribal card you look more enlightened than what you are reducing yourselve to and you should note it in your brain that your Yoruba land can only compete with the northern deserts as far as contribution to the national economy is concerned with the exception of Lagos whose economy prosperity is hinged on investments by federal government and Nigerians and non Nigerians from all works of life. So I am so amused when your likes think so high of yourselves that you delude yourselves of stark reality.. I am not an Ibo, before you get me wrong though my experience with your tribesmen has made me understand that you generalized every non Hausa and non Yorubas as ibos, what a myopic way of thinking. I am far more comfortable to be identified as an Ibo than York with gutless folks and traitors like your people. I however, preach one Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by tpia5: 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2012
Joblessness
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Standing5(m): 8:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
@OP, na you turn the tide against Hay-See-Hen ? Better go find how how Ala**** go take better.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Gbawe: 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
Johndoe100:

Emmm... Gbawe was on the other thread pushing the begging bowl that you errr.. Yoruba have been placing in front of GEJ for more oyel money as Lagos is a "special case". You want our money but don't want to associate with us? Typical. But you know Yoruba people are like that.

Stupid feudalist and unrefined bigot. Is Lagos not the most cosmopolitan State in Nigeria and home to every Villager who leaves other States as soon as they turn 15 to move to Lagos? Even International agencies, with some of the world's brightest technocrats, want more support for Lagos because of its population that is fast turning the State into one the world's most populous mega-cities. Educated and balanced folks deal with reality and what is desirable for sustaining the comfort of man. Yet, we can trust a bush boy and 'omo ai je obe ri' to make everything about "our oyel". Unrefined cretin.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Gbawe: 8:53pm On Oct 24, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: This is another apologist who only dislikes Gbawe, another apologist for reasons known by both.. You can build castles in the air to eternity the truth remains that ACN may be worse than PDP is their excesses is not curtailed and they don't command the loyalty of all the Yorubas except tribal apologists

Some of you should learn to get your point across without showing you are small-minded busybodies more concerned with discussing fellow forumers. Make your point and stop acting like a market gossip. Desola made her point here directly, you make yours , if you even have one, and refrain from this pathetic attempt to run from pillar to post.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by dayokanu(m): 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Never you make the mistake of counting Edo as a western state, because I am still in limbo on how your west is now 6 states unless you are counting Kwara.

Illiterate, How many states are in the SW?

3 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Gbawe: 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
dayokanu:

One wonders what some of these 'thickos' are doing here instead of trying to apply to gain admission into the lowest level of Primary School.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Desola(f): 9:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Never you make the mistake of counting Edo as a western state, because I am still in limbo on how your west is now 6 states unless you are counting Kwara.

A foolish man has no hiding place. He will always open his gob to take away any doubt of his foolishness. Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti are five states that are currently under the administration of ACN with the exception of Ondo. How then was Edo even mentioned or annexed to the states in ACN's steering?

You are no bright at all!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Nuzo1(m): 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2012
No surprise at all.

Only a fool will think that any Nigerian political party is different from the other. We know how they all started, all their members and their past and present undertakings.

Regardless of the ethnic group, most Nigerians tend to react in the same manner when in a position to carry out corrupt acts. Otherwise, one region would've been fully developed by now.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Vogue50: 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2012
there are 6 states in the south -west geo-political zone , namely : Osun , Oyo, Ekiti , Lagos , ogun and ondo .
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2012
Desola:

A foolish man has no hiding place. He will always open his gob to take away any doubt of his foolishness. Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti are five states that are currently under the administration of ACN with the exception of Ondo. How then was Edo even mentioned or annexed to the states in ACN's steering?

You are no bright at all!!
Clap for your self, I omitted Ekiti in my calculation but notwithstanding you guys have a way of wanting to claim affiliation with Edo in the name of one ancestral bullshit.. Exactly one point I was trying to make
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2012
dayokanu:

what is your definition of an illiterate you daft!. Someone without any education, formal or informal and who cannot read nor write.. You can see you need a brain check because the last time I checked, I wasthe one making this comment as well as typing this lexis.. All the same it was a mistake as I forgot Ekiti and I know you are in the habit of wanting to count Edo along as part of your colony

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
Vogue50: there are 6 states in the south -west geo-political zone , namely : Osun , Oyo, Ekiti , Lagos , ogun and ondo .
Thanks bro. Better person, it was a mistake
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Standing5(m): 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
Vogue50: there are 6 states in the south -west geo-political zone , namely : Osun , Oyo, Ekiti , Lagos , ogun and ondo .
Don't forget, from the population of Yorubas in Kwara, Kogi, and Edo, we can conveniently carve out Two states the size Bayelsa, both in landmass and in population, out for them to make two additional state.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gbawe:

One wonders what some of these 'thickos' are doing here instead of trying to apply to gain admission into the lowest level of Primary School.
Were you properly educated? You obviously had a half baked education why you come here all the time whinning in your ignorance in a most indecorous manner.. You don't know you are viewed a tout on this forum.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by emiye(m): 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2012
So because ondo election went like this, incumbent LP - 44% , PDP - 27% ACN- 25%.

Tide has turned on ACN abi? IF mimiko the incumbent governor had withdrawn out of the race 2 days before election.

Who do you think will win? PDP or ACN ?
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Gbawe: 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Were you properly educated? You obviously had a half baked education why you come here all the time whinning in your ignorance in a most indecorous manner.. You don't know you are viewed a tout on this forum.

Get a life. Your real life may not be working out but you need to try and re-dedicate yourself instead of coming here to look for fights and e-beef that make you feel better about your pathetic existence. Coming here , entirely randomly, to name and involve forumers in your palava , when they have absolutely nothing to do with your discussion, shows you are a very sad chap. You are an 'olodo' to boot as well. When you don't know the number of States in the SW, what else are you ignorant about? M0r0n.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by AndreUweh(m): 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
The people of Ondo state are not interested in political parties but individuals. The chose Mimiko again not because of his LABOUR PARTY, but as an individual that towers over other contestants.
I wish when the presidential election comes up in 2015, it will be decided not on politcal platforms but brilliance of individuals.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Desola(f): 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2012
Andre Uweh: The people of Ondo state are not interested in political parties but individuals. The chose Mimiko again not because of his LABOUR PARTY, but as an individual that towers over other contestants.
I wish when the presidential election comes up in 2015, it will be decided not on politcal platforms but brilliance of individuals.

congratulate yourself Ngodigha, you just tried to make sense just then - hope you didn't hurt a cell whilst trying to do that.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Ufeolorun(m): 12:23am On Oct 25, 2012
Apart from working on Tinubu's image problem,the acn needs to assure none Yorubas, especially in the SW of safetygrin because paranoia is the only plausible reason for this unexpected obsessive preoccupation
Some people are seriously afraid of a Yoruba hegemony,even in Yorubaland shocked ;this is exactly what acn is promoting. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Desola(f): 12:55am On Oct 25, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Clap for your self, I omitted Ekiti in my calculation but notwithstanding you guys have a way of wanting to claim affiliation with Edo in the name of one ancestral bullshit.. Exactly one point I was trying to make

Whether or not we claim Edo as our ancestral cousins is neither here nor there. The most important question is: which party is in control of Edo state? Try not to get a heart attack when the realisation dawns on you that it is ACN and in actual fact, the ACN has six solid states in its grasp.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Desola(f): 1:01am On Oct 25, 2012
Ufeolorun: Apart from working on Tinubu's image problem,the acn needs to assure none Yorubas, especially in the SW of safetygrin because paranoia is the only plausible reason for this unexpected obsessive preoccupation
Some people are seriously afraid of a Yoruba hegemony,even in Yorubaland shocked ;this is exactly what acn is promoting. grin cheesy

They are seriously worried about the kind of power the Yorubas would wield when they all come together in this regional cooperation vision. They know that alignment of the Yorubas can only spell doom for them and bring their day of reckoning much closer. They see that it is inevitable. We might not all be under one party but the regionalisation of the west would happen and I see it coming sooner rather than later.

Kwara is not far behind. I just hope and pray that Tinubu and Mimiko can find a common ground and put their egos aside to work together but we know that two captains cannot charter the course of a ship and that is where it becomes dicey.

My prayer is that PDP and the Sarakis are chequered in Kwara state but that might be a tall dream for now. In the meantime, let the ACN governors prove to the rest of the country that they are the best by turning our region around to be the envy of others. Soon, all these ajokutamamumis would require a visa to enter Yorubaland.

4 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Aderostock(m): 1:19am On Oct 25, 2012
I dont know the reasons all these Igbos are obssessed with anything yoruba? Cant they let us be? I wish ACN win in tribunal over kwara guber, then they will know how integrated we are.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Desola(f): 1:40am On Oct 25, 2012
Aderostock: I dont know the reasons all these Igbos are obssessed with anything yoruba? Cant they let us be? I wish ACN win in tribunal over kwara guber, then they will know how integrated we are.

They can't let us be because we are their lifeline. Their destinies are tied to Yorubaland. A successful ibo man today is shackled by Lagos. If Fashola sneezes, they must catch cold because all their investments are locked down in our region. Their sustenance is heavily dependant on us as should they want to ship goods in, they would need our port and their dreams of leaving the shores of Nigeria can only be facilitated in Lagos. We hold the key, we call the shots on wether or not they succeed hence their keen interest in our politics. One policy is all it takes and they are returned to obscurity.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by tpia5: 3:15am On Oct 25, 2012
like asking for the moon- what will you do with it when/if you get it.

you sha want territory, territory all the time. Na so e easy

if that were the case, una for no meet where una dey nah
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Johndoe100(m): 3:48am On Oct 25, 2012
Gbawe, you exhibit all the characteristics of your people. Is it not "all" about our oyel money? Please what does "more support" actual mean? Is it not more oyel money? The fact is that the other Yoruba fools are telling us to eff off but to leave our oyel money behind. You keep referring to me as a feudalist, on the contrary I am much more of a progressive than you will ever be. As for bigotry, anyone reading this thread would understand whom the bigots are.

"They can't let us be because we are their lifeline. Their destinies are tied to Yorubaland. A successful ibo man today is shackled by Lagos." This is classic. I am not ibo but from where I sit both you Yoruba and the ibos exist on our oyel money. Do you know how funny it is to see you fight over who can steal the most of our money?

Gbawe:

Stupid feudalist and unrefined bigot. Is Lagos not the most cosmopolitan State in Nigeria and home to every Villager who leaves other States as soon as they turn 15 to move to Lagos? Even International agencies, with some of the world's brightest technocrats, want more support for Lagos because of its population that is fast turning the State into one the world's most populous mega-cities. Educated and balanced folks deal with reality and what is desirable for sustaining the comfort of man. Yet, we can trust a bush boy and 'omo ai je obe ri' to make everything about "our oyel". Unrefined cretin.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by 2mch(m): 4:20am On Oct 25, 2012
Can someone draw a cartoon of the PDP gov flogging a government official? We can all see what PDP has to offer with the candidates that represent them.PDP has clearly lost it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by garrigangster: 5:52am On Oct 25, 2012
2mch: Can someone draw a cartoon of the PDP gov flogging a government official? We can all see what PDP has to offer with the candidates that represent them.PDP has clearly lost it.
Mungo Park.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by temitemi1(m): 5:52am On Oct 25, 2012
Not wining in osun does that mean that's the end of ACN in d SW u pple sud stop dream n leave tinubu out of your baseless criticisms. Its good work of mimiko that pple of osun voted 4 and nt labour party or mimiko
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by odehaj: 6:01am On Oct 25, 2012
The average yoruba is loud-mouthed,moreso that they control the media, what do you expect??
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Truckpusher(m): 6:08am On Oct 25, 2012
Desola: Awon oloshi! Ariwo igo lo ma pa alaicewater yin. Yorubas are not crying, wailing or complaining about the ACN but this moraeffing okoros who just want the downfall of the Yoruba nation by all means would always cry more than the bereaved. Kilode?

How has ACN been rejected? That Ondo remains in the hands of the incumbent government now equates to a gallant loss to the ACN? Una be toys? Una brains dey work at all? Yes, ACN has its faults and perhaps have been falling in and out of slumber but to compare them to the evil PDP party is just madness!

Tinubu, as bad as he may be perceived, is a necessary evil at this time in the history of Nigerian politics. All i'm concerned about is seeing stellar performance from the ACN governors to seal a final nail in the coffin of the evil PDP and for Labour to surpass its achievements in Ondo.

Whichever way you look at it, the Yorubas would no longer be part of your stupid Nigerian politics, we would decide the best leaders for ourselves and be rest assured that PDP's days in the west are over for good! If you like, dance over your moonlight fire, the recent development in Ondo just proves to the whole world that the Yorubas are a cut above all other rubbish ethnic groups in Nigeria and we should never have been lumped with you di.ckheads in the first place.
And who is this mad cow from the west?...in as much as i don't like some okoros based on personal experience, i won't still put up with tribal bigots like ur type.Abeg go sidon for gutter joor if u think that what lagos state which is your highest achievement for all the edge you got over other tribes is doing is growth,y don't you go ask other former capital cities that are strategically located like ur lagos let them tell u how long you tribal bigots have been sleeping on bike whilst your so called leaders continue to take u round the town naked.A simple topic was posited for people with bright mind to contribute and an olodo like u became the first to comment spreading tribal division and hatred where there is none.The most painful part of it is that your a lady and ladies are suppose to possess that gentleness that brings unity to a country like Nigeria instead you are here showing off the jaguda you are..kaman go get a life if there is one left for you at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Maxymilliano(m): 6:16am On Oct 25, 2012
Time, as well as tide has indeed changed here and it's no more shout of an imaginary 40-man laptop squad, the shoe is now on the other foot, hence the resort to vulgarism and outright abuse by some posters against contrary opinion.

The answer to the OP is evident in the 'straw grasping' response adopted by some of the proponent of ACN idealogy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ABIA STATE #abia Anthem And What Each Item In The New Abia Logo Represents / Which Buhari Did Bakare Know? - Oke Umurhohwo / Is Fulani Herdsmen Attack Politically Motivated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.