Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:38 AM

Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? (10279 Views)

Tompolo’s Battleships May Be Turned Against Itsekiri – Group / Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF / Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Stiv(m): 6:29am On Oct 25, 2012
Desola: Awon oloshi! Ariwo igo lo ma pa alaicewater yin. Yorubas are not crying, wailing or complaining about the ACN but this moraeffing okoros who just want the downfall of the Yoruba nation by all means would always cry more than the bereaved. Kilode?

Whichever way you look at it, the Yorubas would no longer be part of your stupid Nigerian politics, we would decide the best leaders for ourselves and be rest assured that PDP's days in the west are over for good! If you like, dance over your moonlight fire, the recent development in Ondo just proves to the whole world that the Yorubas are a cut above all other rubbish ethnic groups in Nigeria and we should never have been lumped with you di.ckheads in the first place.

It's unfortunate that Seun allows such comments to stand. Calling other ethnic groups "rubbish" only exposes Desola's low level of reasoning, a level I believe is restricted to Desolation alone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Stiv(m): 6:29am On Oct 25, 2012
Desola: Awon oloshi! Ariwo igo lo ma pa alaicewater yin. Yorubas are not crying, wailing or complaining about the ACN but this moraeffing okoros who just want the downfall of the Yoruba nation by all means would always cry more than the bereaved. Kilode?

Whichever way you look at it, the Yorubas would no longer be part of your stupid Nigerian politics, we would decide the best leaders for ourselves and be rest assured that PDP's days in the west are over for good! If you like, dance over your moonlight fire, the recent development in Ondo just proves to the whole world that the Yorubas are a cut above all other rubbish ethnic groups in Nigeria and we should never have been lumped with you di.ckheads in the first place.

It's unfortunate that Seun allows such comments to stand. Calling other ethnic groups "rubbish" only exposes Desola's low level of reasoning, a level I believe is restricted to Desola alone.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by emmasege: 6:36am On Oct 25, 2012
Sit down there and dey make mouth. ACN is gradually fading away in the S/west. Do u need a prophet to tell u that shouls things continue like this in the ACN, they will lose at least 2/3 states in the next general election. Personally, i have not seen any tangible effect or performance of ogbeni in my home state. Pasan ta fi na iyale, o wa lori aja iyawo. His days may just be numbered.

How has ACN been rejected? That Ondo remains in the hands of the incumbent government now equates to a gallant loss to the ACN? Una be toys? Una brains dey work at all? Yes, ACN has its faults and perhaps have been falling in and out of slumber but to compare them to the evil PDP party is just madness!

Tinubu, as bad as he may be perceived, is a necessary evil at this time in the history of Nigerian politics. All i'm concerned about is seeing stellar performance from the ACN governors to seal a final nail in the coffin of the evil PDP and for Labour to surpass its achievements in Ondo.

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by AkandeTK(m): 6:52am On Oct 25, 2012
D fact is dis...ACN is party dat can neva be compared wit PDP...PDP is a useless party "we all know dat"...ACN might have problem in ondo due 2 godfatherism and imposition.. d people of ondo both rejected PDP and CAN due 2 power of incubency which labour party has.D power of dis country is in d hand of PDP for over 13 years now,wat hv we as individual and citizens as achieve,were is d growth,development,benefit..all we know dem for is corruption,stealin and embezzlement of wat belong 2 evri citizen....ACN is our party..wise up...?

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by dammytosh: 7:00am On Oct 25, 2012

How has ACN been rejected? That Ondo remains in the hands of the incumbent government now equates to a gallant loss to the ACN? Una be toys? Una brains dey work at all? Yes, ACN has its faults and perhaps have been falling in and out of slumber but to compare them to the evil PDP party is just madness!

Tinubu, as bad as he may be perceived, is a necessary evil at this time in the history of Nigerian politics. All i'm concerned about is seeing stellar performance from the ACN governors to seal a final nail in the coffin of the evil PDP and for Labour to surpass its achievements in Ondo.

You are decieving urself. If u are on ACN's payroll, i will advise u to do sometin good with ur money. with Fashola's military type of rule and draconic laws and Tinubu's egoism and emperorism. And Jonathan's free and fair election agenda, ACN is on its way out if southwest if nothing is done now.

Lie Mohammed's lies, propaganda, lack of internal democracy, selective and unnecessary criticism will lead to d party's phenomenal loss nextnelection. In case u are too young, there was a party called AD once upon a time. Check google for the remaining part of their story.

And ur claim dt yorubas want ACN jst like dt sounds funny. Even Afenifere has rejected ACN cos of your emperor.

Gone are those days when unuse Fashola to win election. Reality has dawn on us and propaganda will not help next election. We wait patiently for 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Lucasbalo(m): 7:16am On Oct 25, 2012
Ikengawo: Just two years ago everyone in and outside of Nigeria would swear they were to hope of the future. Today everyone is celebrating their lose and most words about them aren't words of praise. The presence of Tinubu and Nigeria's increasing rejection of godfatherism seems to be one obvious factor but I find it to be a very strong and strange development. It's possible that they may even lose some of the states they have already won in the next round of elections.

The simple reason is because of their leader who happens to be a dictator.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by odim123(m): 7:25am On Oct 25, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Stop playing tribal card you look more enlightened than what you are reducing yourselve to and you should note it in your brain that your Yoruba land can only compete with the northern deserts as far as contribution to the national economy is concerned with the exception of Lagos whose economy prosperity is hinged on investments by federal government and Nigerians and non Nigerians from all works of life. So I am so amused when your likes think so high of yourselves that you delude yourselves of stark reality.. I am not an Ibo, before you get me wrong though my experience with your tribesmen has made me understand that you generalized every non Hausa and non Yorubas as ibos, what a myopic way of thinking. I am far more comfortable to be identified as an Ibo than York with gutless folks and traitors like your people. I however, preach one Nigeria.

so what is your identity?
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Arsenate(m): 7:26am On Oct 25, 2012
Deleted
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by KINGwax(m): 7:34am On Oct 25, 2012
Geomac: ACN will lose the remaining SW states in the next election for as long as Tinubu is still in control of that party. My Yoruba friend wrote: ACN should not think that Yoruba are fools.
stop disturbing yourself, the constant work and infrastructural build the people had alwys lacked and yearned for, in which ACN is ever willin to meet even at the detriment of the citizens will alwys make them a favourite. The only reason they lost ondo was because mimiko gave them no 'rance' to 'utter'. He was constantly working as those states surrounded him were busy working.
To me, ACN has laid a yardstick for competition in which i see is very healthy! No one wanted to be left behind. They have realised dt the people want a workin governor. ACN started it. And no one wanted to muck it all up!
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by proudlyafrican(m): 7:40am On Oct 25, 2012

Tribalism and Ethnicity is a serious problem we have in this country but i am not going to put up issues with you on that because it is a waste of my limited time.The bold part of your comment is where i am concerned and that is exactly what will bring the down fall of ACN. Iroko was able to capture Ondo state because of his performance and it is good you have noted that Nigerians no longer vote along ethnic,tribal or religious lines but on the basis of performance.You will agree with me that ACN Governors in the South West are loosing it fast on this,especially Lagos State.All the people perceive are draconian laws that inflicts more pain to their impoverished status; who have neither roads or basic social amenity in their community.Get it into your head that the Governorship race in 2015 would not only be determined by the Yoruba`s of South West but Nigerians in South West Nigeria.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 25, 2012
Don't you get tired of fighting everyday?

Ikengawo - you need stop creating useless topics!! undecided
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 7:41am On Oct 25, 2012
Desola:

Whether or not we claim Edo as our ancestral cousins is neither here nor there. The most important question is: which party is in control of Edo state? Try not to get a heart attack when the realisation dawns on you that it is ACN and in actual fact, the ACN has six solid states in its grasp.
....and it hasn't occurred to you that 6 out of 36 is a mere 17% which is a stark F9 for a party that claims to be the largest opposition in Africa. You need to do more dear. Your tribal party is making mockery of our political emmacipation by standing on a wrong footing. Nigerians are disappointed at their potentials of being the worst in the history of this nation.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Gbawe: 7:50am On Oct 25, 2012
Andre Uweh: The people of Ondo state are not interested in political parties but individuals. The chose Mimiko again not because of his LABOUR PARTY, but as an individual that towers over other contestants.
I wish when the presidential election comes up in 2015, it will be decided not on politcal platforms but brilliance of individuals.

This is the bottom line !!! It was always going to be a tall order for the ACN and their loss in Ondo is an indication of nothing other than how people felt comfortable sticking with a Governor they like and are happy with. In fact, given Akeredolu's lack of grassroot attractiveness, the ACN actually showed it can 'popularise' candidates.

Oshiomhole wiped out everyone with a landslide victory in Edo. Is he no Longer an ACN Governor? Also, is his comprehensive victory not proof of the fundamental concept of how folks , if elections are free and fair, will always vote for performance?

Performing Governors will win re-election and non-performers will be booted out. It is a fundamental concept that has nothing to do with Tinubu, his image, the ACN, "the rejection of godfatherism" or any imaginative yarn folks are proposing here. The people of the SW, as some of the most politically sophisticated in Nigeria, just wants good leadership. Anyone that delivers it will be supported and anyone that does not will be rejected. Simple.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 7:53am On Oct 25, 2012
odim123:

so what is your identity?
I am a proud Niger deltan
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by buchibabe: 7:54am On Oct 25, 2012
Acn, labour party,UNPP,ANPP,...even d ones yet unformed,I still prefer dem to dt cult called PDP
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by geeez: 7:55am On Oct 25, 2012
[b]The tide hasn't turned against ACN inYoruba land. It's only turned against mediocrity and visionless leadership. Akeredolu couldn't articulate himself during the campaigns and debates. Oke did much better and Mimiko was spot on. Some people would have voted ACN with the ongoing SW regional integration at the back of their minds. However, the candidate presented by the ACN didn't clearly define a roadmap for the state which in his plan should tee off from what Mimiko has been able to achieve. The results only reflected the voters' perception and expectation based on the candidates' promises, plans and antecedents which I think is brilliant. The SW will be better for it as governance Isi synonymous with performance in the region. If you look at the way Yorubas have been voting since 1999, you will realize that the governors that return are those that perform and this will send a signal to all those in elective positions in the region thereby leading to accelerated development as we've been seeing in recent years [/b]
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by udemzyudex(m): 7:58am On Oct 25, 2012
hahaha..yeye dey smell..
I wonder why some people are wasting their time here when the next election is going to be held in the next 2yrs..

Nigerians too the forget things easily.. I just #1000 and they will vote for you and for those that are wise,just wait till when the next election,cos some of you would have gotten all what u've written here.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by ijigbamigb(m): 7:58am On Oct 25, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

PDP and LP are the same.

NO. Stop it there.
I go with Desola.
That ACN lost in Ondo, does not mean the people of Ondo out rightly hates the ACN. I am from Ondo State and live in Akure, and I support the ACN when out of Ondo State. But here, I support the LP which is just because of the performances of Mimiko.

Though the ACN is fast losing its hard-earned popularity due to the personality of Tinubu whose unverified rise to mega-wealth compounds his dictatorial character and thus giving the oppositions good punchlines for propaganda against the party.

We are not the only ones observing as I can remember vividly how Fashola attempted to protest this during the birthday of Tinubu but was countered.

And I feel the Ondo experience will serve as a basis for a new synthesis in the ACN where internal democracy will be encouraged. But as a yoruba man that witnessed Oyo, Ekiti, Osun and Ondo politics in the past, I will never ever vote PDP into power in any SW state.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by russellino: 7:59am On Oct 25, 2012
Desola:

You are judging me based on observation; a trend as you have adduced but you were quick to conclude that I am a diasporan even though you have no cogent proof? Until you can prove beyond reasonable doubt, then your assertion remains a fallacy.

As per your thesis on what constitutes a diasporan, I couldn't help but chuckle because I see a trait that I see in most ibo people which is that they know virtually nothing but open their mouths without engaging their brains and spew absolute crap! Am I right in my observation of the ibos?

As for whether or not I have proof that you are in the diaspora is worth a laugh. On the contrary my assertion is not a fallacy because I don't have concrete evidence, it just means u have elbow room to deny it. There is a trend amongst diaspora ppl of sheep like abeyance to a template of ignorance and bigotry. I.e can is yoruba and pdp is ibo. That aside for now.

Secondly, take a closer look at what I typed and you will see that I never listed what "constitutes" a diasporan. I have listed common denominators seen all over nigerian internet forums

I pointed out a tangible phenomenon of diaspora peeps clinging tight to their culture. That manifests itself in the use or wearing of afrocentric gear. Or do you need proof of that too. You talked about my concluding what constitutes a diasporan and quickly ducked into your comfort zone of "ibos saying what they know nothing about".

That type of generalisation reveals a trait that requires counselling and not antagonism I'm afraid
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by SOHKAHTOA: 7:59am On Oct 25, 2012
Gbawe:

Get a life. Your real life may not be working out but you need to try and re-dedicate yourself instead of coming here to look for fights and e-beef that make you feel better about your pathetic existence. Coming here , entirely randomly, to name and involve forumers in your palava , when they have absolutely nothing to do with your discussion, shows you are a very sad chap. You are an 'olodo' to boot as well. When you don't know the number of States in the SW, what else are you ignorant about? M0r0n.
Typical of you. Characteristic name calling is your trade mark and I pity you for your childishness. I didn't mean to attack you directly only made reference to your name n trying to pass a message to your second tribal apologist( desola). I will take exception to what I did by saying sowii. I didn't know I could be dealing with an immature mind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 25, 2012

@desola

are you educated? please don't take offence its just a question? i doubt someone who writes this way and uses tribalistic terms freely is really educated.. or did you drop out of school? i personally have no interest in the Yoruba politics and find your mannerisms very distasteful.. but you don't see me coming to this cheap website to air such negative views? please keep your obviously infected tongue holstered. i really doubt you are a mom or you wouldn't be expressing such naive views freely.. you are probably one of those Laspotech satellite campus students that offers her self freely to cult members and touts and goes around with them screaming Odua republic? you are just a gutter tramp. sorry but this isn't personal just stating a fact..
you are of an obviously crass background, i would guess i would place my money on isale eko, or maybe ajegunle, or igando? you are very sad and desperate, probably lonely too and spend most of your free time surfing websites to spew junk and feel some sense of purpose?

seriously look at this profile and tell me this diseased dyke is ok:
Personal text: OMO YORUBA NI MI O - SWAGGER!
Time registered: July 04, 2005
Time spent online: 1 month & 3 days
Signature: Oxfam subsequently admitted that it had fallen "hook line and sinker" for a propaganda campaign by Biafra's government who hired a PR firm to promote their cause.

swagger? undecided undecided undecidedwhat are you 10years old? undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by bknight: 8:04am On Oct 25, 2012
When it comes to planning within d party (positively or negatively), pdp seems to be better off undecided
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Gbawe: 8:10am On Oct 25, 2012
KINGwax: stop disturbing yourself, the constant work and infrastructural build the people had alwys lacked and yearned for, in which ACN is ever willin to meet even at the detriment of the citizens will alwys make them a favourite. The only reason they lost ondo was because mimiko gave them no 'rance' to 'utter'. He was constantly working as those states surrounded him were busy working.
To me, ACN has laid a yardstick for competition in which i see is very healthy! No one wanted to be left behind. They have realised dt the people want a workin governor. ACN started it. And no one wanted to muck it all up!

Correct talk. It is obvious that folks who want to personalise issues are those who consider the ACN a Yoruba Party and Tinubu a Yoruba demi-god. The truth is that issues, for Yoruba folks, remain about performance. Deliver it and you will be supported.

The ACN organised itself into a good opposition and profited from the abject woefulness of the PDP. That does not mean the ACN has any divine right to continue winning office in the SW. I told folks here that Mimiko will likely remain in office because I know the heightening political sophistication the SW is gaining. People now see performance more than anything else. It is those with their mentality stuck in "strong Parties" (ACN, PDP) and "strong men" (Tinubu, OBJ, Anenih et al) who will not appreciate what really wins free and fair elections ion the SW these days.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by ABAKA72(m): 8:15am On Oct 25, 2012
BlackBaron: With Tinunbu's vociferous ambition to lord over the SW as the supreme Godfather of all, I wouldn't be surprised if ACN gets turfed out for good.
The recent Ondo state election is a good example.

The Governors are doing good but me thinks Bola is beginning to run it like a family business which is not helping.
must you always bring ethnic sentiment into every issue,even when the critics are objective.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by talkingfingers: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2012
The ACN/AC/AD has been its own worst enemy in recent times. I wonder what reasonable opposition party would ever want to cut a deal with the PDP. THIS PDP! Such an alliance is bound to backfire, and backfire it has on the ACN.

It happened in 2003 when they lost all but Lagos to OBJ and his scheming after they'd chosen to not field a presidential candidate, backing baba instead. They successfully rallied back four years later, though not without some help.

Again, GEJ played a fast one on them last year when they ignominiously dumped Ribadu (not that I ever believed in Nuhu) and backed Mr President, only for his government to turn on them first with Tinubu's Code of Conduct harassment, then the sacking of Justice Salami (the ACN's help in the previous paragraph), the militarising of Lagos during the subsidy protest, the ridiculing of Yorubas with MAULAG...

Last weekend, Mimiko pulled the rug from underneath them. What business did they have funding the man's first coming, a former PDP minister? I always knew the Labour Party tag was going to be short-lived. The ACN ought to have known that too. If they claim to not have known it, then they deserve what they get.

Tinubu has been a liability to the ACN for a while now. That's no longer news. But with Fashola fast losing face and his popularity in freefall, and with Salami effectively sidelined and silenced, the ACN seems doomed, and that is bound to tear the Yoruba nation apart.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by koolg: 8:22am On Oct 25, 2012
It will soon become clear as crystal the true color of the ACN. They are rich and were able to buy their way into power, the undoing of the PDP being corruption gave ACN an edge. But they are all thives. Rewind 10yrs back and ull see majority of ACN people in PDP. ACNis made up if disgruntled elements from the PDP who were welcomed with open arm. The ideology of both parties remain to milk the states dry.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by BlackBaron: 8:36am On Oct 25, 2012
ABAKA72: must you always bring ethnic sentiment into every issue,even when the critics are objective.
Gosh! shocked E gba mi o
Can you point out where I (or I've ever) made any ethnic or bigoted comment? Check my post history too... Or criticism of ACN is too hard for some.

I'm not one of those who will sell his birth right to any party mate nor am I under obligation to any party. Tis is Nigeria where there is a plague with Godfatherism et al. Well F! that. If need be, I would vote for an independent candidate who has the people's interest with no strings attached. Pdp is over in the SW, at this rate ACN would too.

Lest you know I'm also Yoruba.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 25, 2012
There's a very strong chance of ACN losing their Cash Cow - Lagos State - in 2015. You need to feel the pulse of the masses to know how fed up they are with Fashola and his master Tinubu. The anti-people and elitist policies of the ACN government has given the PDP a golden opportunity to take over Lagos in 2015.

Most of the posters who spew thrash here are either residing overseas, or are arrogant 'middle class' twerps who are disconnected from the common man in the street who does the actual voting. While you're riding in your air-conditioned car through the falsely gilded streets of Victoria Island, the ordinary people are trudging through reality in their millions in the backwaters of Obalende, Oshodi, Ojuelegba, et al - cursing Fashola and the ACN for inflicting immeasurable misery on them through harsh, draconian, and punitive policies. Those of us who do not know the thinking of the real masses should not purport to speak as if we know anything. After all, you would be in your kurukere living-room on election day watching DSTV, while the real masses would be out there in the sun and rain casting their votes.

Some of us retain our street contacts, and frankly, the groundswell of ill-will against Fashola, Tinubu, and the ACN (at least in Lagos) among the everyday pedestrians and commuters and market people is almost of epidemic proportions.

1 Like

Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by rapu4real: 8:42am On Oct 25, 2012
[quote
author=Desola]Awon oloshi! Ariwo igo lo ma pa alaicewater yin. Yorubas
are not crying, wailing or complaining about the ACN but this moraeffing
okoros who just want the downfall of the Yoruba nation by all means
would always cry more than the bereaved. Kilode?

How has ACN been rejected? That Ondo remains in the hands of the
incumbent government now equates to a gallant loss to the ACN? Una be
toys? Una brains dey work at all? Yes, ACN has its faults and perhaps
have been falling in and out of slumber but to compare them to the evil
PDP party is just madness!

Tinubu, as bad as he may be perceived, is a necessary evil at this time
in the history of Nigerian politics. All i'm concerned about is seeing
stellar performance from the ACN governors to seal a final nail in the
coffin of the evil PDP and for Labour to surpass its achievements in
Ondo.

Whichever way you look at it, the Yorubas would no longer be part of
your stupid Nigerian politics, we would decide the best leaders for
ourselves and be rest assured that PDP's days in the west are over for
good! If you like, dance over your moonlight fire, the recent
development in Ondo just proves to the whole world that the Yorubas are a
cut above all other rubbish ethnic groups in Nigeria and we should
never have been lumped with you di.ckheads in the first place.[/quote]TRIBALIST
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by omiobo: 8:44am On Oct 25, 2012
The anti-Tinubu are the people of foreign land who their state are under abject poverty. They should leave Tinubu alone.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by lukkie(m): 8:46am On Oct 25, 2012
Tinubu is the problem of ACN. They should chase him to PDP.
Re: Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? by ebosed: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2012
Since 1999 ondo people voted AD, PDP and LP. This shows they care about best governance not good ones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Declare Your Asset, Ekiti APC Tells Fayose / Presidential Elections Tribunal: Like Zakari, Like Bulkachuwa By Oke Umurhohwo / Is Fulani Herdsmen Attack Politically Motivated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.