Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,537 members, 7,885,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? (12428 Views)

OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire / Guys,would You Marry A Virgin...girls,what's Your Opinion On No S3X B4 Marriage? / Agreed On Open Relationship All In The Name Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
hardbody: As much as I pride myself to be experienced in the ways of the world, I must humbly admit that I do not understand the intricacies and dynamics of open relationship. From what I am reading, it seems to mean, being in a relationship but leaving a window open for phocking another. If I am right, then such is anathema in our culture. However my views are that you can sleep around if I don't ever get to know, I will too and make it real discreet, what you do not know will never hurt you.

You r indirectly saying its ok to hide n nack than to openly nack with ur partners consent?....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
sanb: Good you've made the point "IF I STAY WITH HIM" and the word “IF” has just determined the choice for me and I DON’T have to stay with him; like I said previously, it all comes down to choice. An open relationship will always remain a NO NO for me cos it doesn't make sense and to top it all it’s disrespectful...

well sista, if you were REALLY against open r/ships then there wouldnt be TWO WAYS about this....he cheats you leave! if you come here to say that you dont know what you will do THEN you are simply saying that open r/ship can be an option in your world, duh!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
caukerzee: People here don't really understand the dynamics of an open relationship. It's not just all about s3x, it's about acknowledging the fact that you cannot statisfy and cannot be satisfied by your partner in every area, therefore going to get it and allowing your partner to go and get it elsewhere 'sometimes' through mutual agreement. Its more of honesty than unfaithfulness. Unfaithfulness is making your partner think you are something else when you are not. Having said that, it can only be practiced by matured minds, people who are not emotionally feeble and people who dont get jelous easily. Its just the perfect way to aviod cheating and heartbreaks. I reccomend it for y all. Its better than knowing your partner is suffering and leting him or her all in the selfish name of faithfulness. But this shouldnt be practiced in marriages especially if you already have kids. No kid will be proud of a dad or mom who sleeps around with other women or men respectively.

Are U implying that married couples should continue wallowing in sorrows n continue wit d torture of "un-satisfaction" cuz dey r pretending to b coping making d marriage wrk?...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
fapcrook: abi o. And even HIV and STDs are still in town

U guys knw what safe sex means?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
hunkydory: Open relationship is good.

Meaning U can share ur HOTASSFINEPLUSFIGURE-EIGHT gf wit anoda dude?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Huh One person doesnt represent all certainly not the bleeped up ones!!

That's Y she said most naija men n not all naija men...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

You failed school didnt you?

Its okay somebody have to be dumb and you filled the position!

Lwtmb.... Looooooool....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
sanb: Well bros, there are no two ways....and an open relationship can never be an option in my world duh!!!....cheesy

hey dont worry sista, i am happy to have made you realize that deep down inside, what you were saying is no different than being in an OPEN R/SHIP......until your changed your tune, lol!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
claremont: I absolutely love open relationships. It gives you all the benefit of being in a relationship but without the hassle of someone always breathing down your neck.

Bravo bros.... That's to say U won't mind me shagging ur fine ass gf rite?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hahaha Lol okay bros but my tune still hasn't changed though; it's still a no for me....smiley
MRbrownJAY:

hey dont worry sista, i am happy to have made you realize that deep down inside, what you were saying is no different than being in an OPEN R/SHIP......until your changed your tune, lol!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by claremont(m): 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

Bravo bros.... That's to say U won't mind me shagging ur fine ass gf rite?
There is love in sharing ma guy! As long as you don't mind if I drill your sweet-looking chikala as well. grin
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
sanb: Good you've made the point "IF I STAY WITH HIM" and the word “IF” has just determined the choice for me and I DON’T have to stay with him; like I said previously, it all comes down to choice. An open relationship will always remain a NO NO for me cos it doesn't make sense and to top it all it’s disrespectful...

Disrespectful to who or what?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

Lol...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
claremont:
There is love in sharing ma guy! As long as you don't mind if I drill your sweet-looking chikala as well. grin

I guess we are of matured mind...

So hw far? Wia n wen? grin
claremont:

I guess we are of matured mind...

So hw far? Wia n wen?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
Yes it's disrespectful to the innocent partner...
phineboy1pimple:

Disrespectful to who or what?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
sanb: Yes it's disrespectful to the innocent partner...

If d issue of disrespect is coming up... Then it was never an open relationship in d 1st place...

I tink U've misunderstood d concept of an open relationship..... Its a mutual tin btw both parties....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
sanb: It might not necessarily be a mutual thing between both parties as one party might engage in it whilst the other party won’t or probably wouldn’t approve of it...

Simply put.... Its never an open relationship wen its nt consented n agreed upon by both parties....

Its plain cheating doing it in hiding... Gbam!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2012
You’ve said it all buddy...Gbam!! grin
phineboy1pimple:

Simply put.... Its never an open relationship wen its nt consented n agreed upon by both parties....

Its plain cheating doing it in hiding... Gbam!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by caukerzee(m): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
Lady, how is something disrespectful to either of the partners when they both mutually agree to indulge in it? Doesnt make any sense to me.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
caukerzee: Lady, how is something disrespectful to either of the partners when they both mutually agree to endulge in it? Doesnt make any sense to me.

That's what I've bin tryna tell her....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Good thing you don't represent all Nigerian men. wink

jes, he is jus 1 in a million.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by ballabriggs: 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
Come ehn how old most of una be for this forum? Because e be like say na small small children I dey follow talk. I can understand the women, the thought of having their husband in an open relationship is one they don't want to imagine.

However, the truth is majority of naija men dey in one open relationship or the other. I grew up in a posh neighbourhood and as I grew I began to know a lot of the people my mates called "Mummy or Daddy" when I was young were not their biological parents. Na pikin wey dem born from away match.

Some of the men wey get away pikin, you go swear on top your life say it can never happen. They were gentlemen to the core from the outside.

So make una no dey deceive unaself. Who no dey involved? From President, to Governor, to Manager, to Pastor, to Reverend Father e.t.c Most of them dey involved.

What I am saying here is have an open mind and don't ever leave under that illusion say your man no go ever play away match. This is to prepare your mind so you don't develop heart attack when you eventually get to know.

Fidelity? That one na bank name for naija.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 11:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs: Come ehn how old most of una be for this forum? Because e be like say na small small children I dey follow talk. I can understand the women, the thought of having their husband in an open relationship is one they don't want to imagine.

However, the truth is majority of naija men dey in one open relationship or the other. I grew up in a posh neighbourhood and as I grew I began to know a lot of the people my mates called "Mummy or Daddy" when I was young were not their biological parents. Na pikin wey dem born from away match.

So make una no dey deceive unaself. Who no dey involved? From President, to Governor, to Manager, to Pastor, to Reverend Father e.t.c Most of them dey involved.

What I am saying here is have an open mind and don't ever leave under that illusion say your man no go ever play away match. This is to prepare your mind so you don't develop heart attack when you eventually get to know.

I am a "fidelity" man... grin
ballabriggs: Come ehn how old most of una be for this forum? Because e be like say na small small children I dey follow talk. I can understand the women, the thought of having their husband in an open relationship is one they don't want to imagine.

I am a "fidelity" man...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by ballabriggs: 11:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

I am a "fidelity" man... grin

I am a "fidelity" man...

Me na Zenith bank O. Let no man hold you down because You only live once.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 12:36am On Nov 02, 2012
ballabriggs:

Me na Zenith bank O. Let no man hold you down because You only live once.

Lol.....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by MrsChima(f): 1:19am On Nov 02, 2012
k2039:

She is my partner because she is mine and mine alone.
I believe in mutual exclusivity.

Do you believe in polygamous marriage?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by ballabriggs: 1:31am On Nov 02, 2012
dmcdad:

Ha ha ha ha ha... Newsflash! I am SINGLE AND PROUD... The fact that I can't take unfaithfulness thats why I had to remain single but hey! It doesnt change a thing. I will remain the faithful guy for life. Besides, them dey pay person say him don sleep with 100 gurls? At the end of everything, if you are to be sincere with yourself, you will realize that there ain't any gain whatsoever in being unfaithful. Tell yourself the truth brah.. I am not in a relationship, but even if I were to be in one, I would still remain faithful. Its my logo...

Single and proud. I laugh like Baba Iyabo

Dey there now, na you go loose. That 'Sister' wey you go finally marry, boys go done help you sample am well well before e reach your hand.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 2:13am On Nov 02, 2012
ballabriggs:

Single and proud. I laugh like Baba Iyabo

Dey there now, na you go loose. That 'Sister' wey you go finally marry, boys go done help you sample am well well before e reach your hand.

Wetin I get to loose bruv... Even as you dey sample gurls every now and then, where the certificate wey dem don give you put? See! its just about one's personality thats all. I aint that kinda person.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by k2039: 7:02am On Nov 02, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Personaly NO
Religiously NO
Family wise,it was hell.

So polygamy is out of my options,I will rather remain unmarried than becoming a polygamist

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Have U ponder Y polygamy thrives in d northern part n d yorubas?...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Love Dies, What Next? / Would You Sleep With Her If You See This? [pic] / Nigerian Men And South African women. I need Nigerian men opinion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.