Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

Say One Weird Thing About Yourself - Nairaland / General (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Say One Weird Thing About Yourself (21675 Views)

If You Could Say One Thing To The World / Say One Weird Thing About Yourself / What Are The Weird Things You Do When You Are Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by abiL(f): 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: Please is this like a bad illness or something? cos if it is then I'm sure I need help.
I feel so much pain when I hear or see someone else in pain.
I cry to the point that no tears come out of my eyes again.
During that ALUU incident I became a shadow of myself and I even blamed myself for not being there at as that time to try and stop the killing.
The thing is that such happens to me anytime I hear a bad news, I somehow feel I should have been able to do something to stop it from happening, I even feel like hurting myself and I often end up slapping myself most times.
I just hate this part of me but I can't help it, if I start crying here eh, just don't even tell me to stop cos that will trigger more tears.
Seriously I keep wondering what is wrong with me, I think I even feel people's pain more than they do and I don't like it cos people who know me think it very weird.
Please is there a way to make it stop?

Tbh I don't think you're suffering from PTSD, I think you're just an emotional & empathetic individual.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by somegirl1: 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
ItsModella: Ok, who enjoys the smell of their fart?

Who does? undecided
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Babaken(m): 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Olumi4eva: i fall in luv so easily
. Am ugly but very handsome.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by manny4life(m): 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
Slicqy prizzy: sometimes i keep quite when i feel sad.
Personally, I don't understand why you should dislike a person just because she is a talkative. You could just stop listening to her.At first I used to take it personal when they said such things to me.
I would go to my room and cry my heart out, thinking I was crazy.
Right now, when they say that to me, I just take it as a joke and laugh over it.

Perhaps, I should rephrase, I so much dislike her talkative behavior not her person, per se.

All she ever talks about is FOOD, she's thick yet talk about food, it just gets to me..

I know right, when my family begins to make fun of me "his gone crazy", we all laugh about it, no stress. My mom, on the other hand believes that something is wrong somewhere, it still bothers her, I convince her that I'm fine.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by dapachez: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
Richfella: I can eat rice morning, afternoon and night...for 200 years straight, and won't complain.
Are you kidding me or what i love rice more than any other food. I just relocated from lasgidi and for the past three months in my new location i have never eaten any other food aside rice. Rice forever

2 Likes

Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
I get detached VERY easily aka as fast as I get emotionally attached, I can get detached from that person.

I dont think it's weird tho.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by manny4life(m): 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
meenagiggs:
You need help. Your behaviour is bordering on madness.

LOL, it isn't. We've come to a resolve that it's not bordering on madness... haha, you know how much heartbroken my mom will be? Abeg, I'm just exhibiting my weird traits which I cannot control nor stop.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by OK1(m): 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
Una be fool: loool. I seldom allow any girl at first sight go untouched without boldly giving her a kiss on the forehead even in public tongue
and now u do feel lyk a cassanova, dnt u? Bloody amateur
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by freecocoa(f): 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
pendo89:

The worst bit is getting shocked easily.I can't take it when somebody suddenly appears behind me.Not during the day or night,not in the workplace or home.
My heart literally stops and I scream in shock.
OMG pendo I thought only my mum and I are like this.
I get easily shocked too that my dad had to ban my siblings from doing anything that would trigger shock even as little as walking in on me without making a sound.
Mehn mine is so bad that I even feel ashamed when I find myself in such situations sometimes.
A fly perching on me without me seeing it can make my heart literally stop for a minute.
My mum was like that too and it makes me wonder if such things can be hereditary.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Slicqyprizzy(f): 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
manny4life:

Perhaps, I should rephrase, I so much dislike her talkative behavior not her person, per se.

All she ever talks about is FOOD, she's thick yet talk about food, it just gets to me..

I know right, when my family begins to make fun of me "his gone crazy", we all laugh about it, no stress. My mom, on the other hand believes that something is wrong somewhere, it still bothers her, I convince her that I'm fine.
okay oo i think I've understood what you meant
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by freecocoa(f): 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
abiL:

Tbh I don't think you're suffering from PTSD, I think you're just an emotional & empathetic individual.
My sister I just hope its not an illness o.
Just imagine going to pay someone who lost a loved one condolence visit and on getting there, people leave the bereaved and start consoling you to the point that the bereaved even joins in. It can be very embarrassing I tell ya.sad
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by dacutie1(f): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
I talk to myself a lot cool
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by OK1(m): 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
dapachez: Are you kidding me or what i love rice more than any other food. I just relocated from lasgidi and for the past three months in my new location i have never eaten any other food aside rice. Rice forever
hav u heard of d phrase "balance diet" or do u knw they exist 6 classes of fud? Damn ur lov 4 rice n consider ur health..u've been takin jst STARCH!
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by manny4life(m): 6:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: Please is this like a bad illness or something? cos if it is then I'm sure I need help.
I feel so much pain when I hear or see someone else in pain.
I cry to the point that no tears come out of my eyes again.
During that ALUU incident I became a shadow of myself and I even blamed myself for not being there at as that time to try and stop the killing.
The thing is that such happens to me anytime I hear a bad news, I somehow feel I should have been able to do something to stop it from happening, I even feel like hurting myself and I often end up slapping myself most times.
I just hate this part of me but I can't help it, if I start crying here eh, just don't even tell me to stop cos that will trigger more tears.
Seriously I keep wondering what is wrong with me, I think I even feel people's pain more than they do and I don't like it cos people who know me think it very weird.
Please is there a way to make it stop?

It's not an illness like malaria or otherwise, grin grin grin so you're fine on that end, but some experts argue that it's somewhat of a distortion of the brain neural activity. I wrote a paper for my brother's friend yesterday on brain activity, and I learned a lot. IMO, I think you're compassionate, and you feel empathy for people.

Now, on the case of you blaming yourself is a form of PTSD kinda. For there to be some signs of stress, the person must have learned directly/indirectly suffered traumatic event. Characteristics of signs of PTSD is shock, panic, self blame, depression, seclusion, etc. When you're in these modes, then you know you're in stage 1. I'm no expert in this field (let me make that clear), but I know well enough to say that the ALUU killings, or BH bombing, or 9/11, or severe flooding that killed so many is traumatic enough to put some people in to "shock, panic, depressive, seclusive " state.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
Duke_Nija:

You are Emotional not Passionate.
You meant Choleric not Phlegmatic.

Its good to be emotional.
I'm not emotional and I know what I mean by passionate. I'm passionate about my desires and what I want to do in Nigeria. The tears is out of frustration that I'm doing nothing. Well, that's why I also said I wish I was phlegmatic, I don't like showing any form of emotion either.

And FVCK NO!, I did not mean Choleric. WTF?? I said I don't want to show or have any emotions. Can't u read??!!
Nonsense!! I want to be phlegmatic and I might be choleric but that's not what I was saying, undecided mtcheew!
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
OK1:
hav u heard of d phrase "balance diet" or do u knw they exist 6 classes of fud? Damn ur lov 4 rice n consider ur health..u've been takin jst STARCH!

Lol. Pepper, Groundnut oil, salt, tin tomatoes, onions, maggi, curry, thyme. E don pass 6 sef grin grin grin.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by abiL(f): 7:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: My sister I just hope its not an illness o.
Just imagine going to pay someone who lost a loved one condolence visit and on getting there, people leave the bereaved and start consoling you to the point that the bereaved even joins in. It can be very embarrassing I tell ya.sad

I don't think it's PTSD, but it might be since i dont know what you fully experience. PTSD is associated with trauma which someone has personally experienced like watching a closed friend getting killed or experiencing war etc. but sometimes, the human mind is so crazy that even if you're not physically present in a traumatic, your mind can still make you feel like you have.

So...

Do you experience a reoccurrence of events (in your mind), distress, or feel like the traumatic event is happening again or might happen?

Do you avoid thinking about the trauma in such a way that it feels like you've repressed it or do you try to avoid the distressing situation/ similar situation?

I'm asking you these questions just to get an idea of what it might be.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
manny4life: .
Shut up about the PTSD already!! argh, no one fvcking cares! Any one that shows any emotion when bad things happen is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder?? U are not Dr phill! angry

[size=5pt]why am I so moody today?[/size]
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by abiL(f): 7:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:

Time of the month? grin
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by manny4life(m): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:
Shut up about the PTSD already!! argh, no one fvcking cares! Any one that shows any emotion when bad things happen is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder?? U are not Dr phill! angry

Yes ma, ask Dr. Phil, he said it himself

So you can either enlighten your knowledge by reading his books, or reading any other investigative article, or you shutting up yourself... Cool?
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by freecocoa(f): 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
manny4life:

It's not an illness like malaria or otherwise, grin grin grin so you're fine on that end, but some experts argue that it's somewhat of a distortion of the brain neural activity. I wrote a paper for my brother's friend yesterday on brain activity, and I learned a lot. IMO, I think you're compassionate, and you feel empathy for people.

Now, on the case of you blaming yourself is a form of PTSD kinda. For there to be some signs of stress, the person must have learned directly/indirectly suffered traumatic event. Characteristics of signs of PTSD is shock, panic, self blame, depression, seclusion, etc. When you're in these modes, then you know you're in stage 1. I'm no expert in this field (let me make that clear), but I know well enough to say that the ALUU killings, or BH bombing, or 9/11, or severe flooding that killed so many is traumatic enough to put some people in to "shock, panic, depressive, seclusive " state.

Hmm
I exhibit all the characteristics you listed above whenever such things happen.
The cry cry and seclusion are part of if not the major reasons why an ex boyfriend left me, he just couldn't take it no more.
Seriously its affects me badly, I'm going to read more about it and probably get a solution to it, sometimes it just feels like I'm going mad.
And this country doesn't help with the bad things that happen everyday, I can't keep being like this.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by manny4life(m): 7:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
On that note, just because you don't seem to care about your emotional life, doesn't mean others wouldn't. My advice for you, you need to enrich your soul and your brains - VERY IMPORTANT, rather than coming on NL frustrating over irrelevant issue. Perhaps, it's that time of the month for you, but it's not Manny that will carry you anguish, look for elsewhere to dump your frustration on.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
manny4life:

Yes ma, ask Dr. Phil, he said it himself

So you can either enlighten your knowledge by reading his books, or reading any other investigative article, or you shutting up yourself... Cool?
One more word form u heffa about PTSD and imma slap you. Did you just discover what PTSD is?? All u've been yapping about since I got to this thread is PTSD, I can't fvcking take it anymore. SHHHUUUUTTTT UUUPPPPP!!!!

Btw, I do know about PTSD. And that's why I know I'm not suffering from PTSD! Jeez! You are not Dr. Phill, stop the wrong diagnosis!!
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:
I'm not emotional and I know what I mean by passionate. I'm passionate about my desires and what I want to do in Nigeria. The tears is out of frustration that I'm doing nothing. Well, that's why I also said I wish I was phlegmatic, I don't like showing any form of emotion either.

And FVCK NO!, I did not mean Choleric. WTF?? I said I don't want to show or have any emotions. Can't u read??!!
Nonsense!! I want to be phlegmatic and I might be choleric but that's not what I was saying, undecided mtcheew!

My sweetheart! Long time. Wha gwan.

Dude's trying to teach her Imperial Highness English abi.

BTW, bumped into some chic on twitter - who paints, I think. If that's you, first time I see you, in my mind it will be, "Cave-man, see cave-girl, she's hot!" I'll impregnant you. Animal sparks. No words.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by dubem3(m): 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
abiL:
you are quite a handful
i suspected though wink
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by manny4life(m): 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: Hmm
I exhibit all the characteristics you listed above whenever such things happen.
The cry cry and seclusion are part of if not the major reasons why an ex boyfriend left me, he just couldn't take it no more.
Seriously its affects me badly, I'm going to read more about it and probably get a solution to it, sometimes it just feels like I'm going mad.
And this country doesn't help with the bad things that happen everyday, I can't keep being like this.

Sis, ask ms sholly stated, ask Dr. Phil, I'll find your his website so you can send a private message via his contact link. I cannot help you, I'm no expert at all, I just read different articles, before madam sholly comes riding on her frustration again. Let's end this talk and return back to the status quo.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
manny4life: On that note, just because you don't seem to care about your emotional life, doesn't mean others wouldn't. My advice for you, you need to enrich your soul and your brains - VERY IMPORTANT, rather than coming on NL frustrating over irrelevant issue. Perhaps, it's that time of the month for you, but it's not Manny that will carry you anguish, look for elsewhere to dump your frustration on.

Call down dude, Sholly is suffering from "Diary of A Mad Black Woman" grin. If you mess with her, she's gon bit.ch slap your a$$ to the moon grin.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by uzoo: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
i always fill up the toilet bowl with lots of tissue before i sit to do my biz. grin

1 Like

Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
abiL:

Time of the month? grin
Lol, shut up!! He's repeating the same thing over and over again. I think he scared me d first time he said it and I had check myself to make sure he was wrong. That's why I'm pissed.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by manny4life(m): 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:
One more word form u heffa about PTSD and imma slap you. Did you just discover what PTSD is?? All u've been yapping about since I got to this thread is PTSD, I can't fvcking take it anymore. SHHHUUUUTTTT UUUPPPPP!!!!

Btw, I do know about PTSD. And that's why I know I'm not suffering from PTSD! Jeez!

Your unenlightened mind will always ramble, you're right, I just learned about it, that's why I'm teaching you. Yesterday, after almost 14hrs of research and reading, I also learned something about how your own brain functions. Again I tell you, if you ride your ignorance, whose fault is it?

When you got on this thread was my first response to you, before then, the thread had reached abt 2pages and there was mention of it. This is my second time of saying it. My sister, whose fault is it that you lack the reasoning and comprehensive power to think? Go back to my previous post an FUC.KING READ.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by manny4life(m): 7:22pm On Nov 10, 2012
Richfella:

Call down dude, Sholly is suffering from "Diary of A Mad Black Woman" grin. If you mess with her, she's gon bit.ch slap your a$$ to the moon grin.

Bit.ch slap me...lol, please, let her take her frustrated self else where.
Re: Say One Weird Thing About Yourself by Prodigee: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
Richfella:

Looool. Guy u so on point on dat

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Be Warned: Do Not Put On Anything Red Today O! (Rumour) / Prayer For All I'm Karid(kegite) For Dec, 2013. / Worst Day Of My Life! :'(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.