Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,019 members, 7,896,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:31 AM

What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? (10010 Views)

Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park / My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

What about if you love someone else?

What about if the timestamp of the first dies and you found a new flame?

What about if you never really loved the first person before, you just love the way they loved you, the person you really love is someone in your past?

Hmmm... I get dis point. Dis is the selfish love carefree is refering to.

Love in itself is not selfish. It is not about me me. It is sacrificial.

If we go with my def of love, true love never dies. Some of us love out of convenience. If we love for the right reasons and our partner loves us in return, I doubt there will be a timestamp.

Can we truly seperate romance from love like Stillwater said? I say yes, it's possble.

There is a kind of love only commitment sustains, like betrothal. We wee dis women committed to their husbands without any form of 'romantice feeling'.

Love is deeper dan just feelings.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Not true!

That is right. I forgot to add "many".

I heard on a TV programme I was watching recently, a character saying: "You ever only love once". After that your mind is corrupted and the doubts are permanent (for most people).

Obviously some people get that love very late in life, but for most it is very early.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

If we go with my def of love, true love never dies. Some of us love out of convenience. If we love for the right reasons and our partner loves us in return, I doubt there will be a timestamp.

Can we truly seperate romance from love like Stillwater said? I say yes, it's possble.

There is a kind of love only commitment sustains, like betrothal. We wee dis women committed to their husbands without any form of 'romantice feeling'.

Very interesting but I still think that romantic love is selfish.
Imagine: You love a man but he feels like sleeping with other women. Would you accept it for the sake of HIS happiness?
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Virtually all marriages I see are like that though. Even the successful one. undecided

When ladies are far from their youthful years, they end up having some ex or past interest they always wish was "the one".

Someone like stillwater will always wonder "What if I ever met Sagamite. Would I not have been happier with his Alpha Male, chauvinistic and sexist arsse while I slave away in the kitchen".

Buhahaha, when you are in love, you would drop all those sexist rubbish and go out of your way to please her with or without knowing it. You wanna bet? My bf is a living witness.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

I think romantic love always has a date stamp. After that, you work to keep a little of the embers alive.

Some timestamp are longer than others and some embers have better access to oxygen than others.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Very interesting but I still think that romantic love is selfish.
Imagine: You love a man but he feels like sleeping with other women. Would you accept it for the sake of HIS happiness?

Women are just too selfish. angry cheesy
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

That is right. I forgot to add "many".

I heard on a TV programme I was watching recently, a character saying: "You ever only love once". After that your mind is corrupted and the doubts are permanent (for most people).

Obviously some people get that love very late in life, but for most it is very early.

I wouldn't even say many but, of course, I can't provide evidence.
Sometimes you can't forget your ex but as soon as you fall in "love" with somebody else you forget your ex COMPLETELY. Happens to many women disregarding age.
I don't believe you love once and from my experience you don't. Luckily we have the ability to love more than one person in a lifetime. I have also seen people who "loved" their 2nd or 3rd partner more than the previous one(s) or the later ones in a different way. Different scenarios possible.

I would even claim that the more mature we get and the more we come to terms with ourselves, our weaknesses etc, the bigger the ability to "truly love" someone. wink
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2012
stillwater:

Buhahaha, when you are in love, you would drop all those sexist rubbish and go out of your way to please her with or without knowing it. You wanna bet? My bf is a living witness.

I only please women that please me.

I am a computer code, that is the instruction in my programme. cool
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Women are just too selfish. angry cheesy

Just like men kiss
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Hmm. You took the opposite end from Tgirl. You feel more is more of a feeling than a commitment.

Can love then be plural? Can you have it for multiple people?

For the feeling part...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

But it will be at varying degree. One will be more intense than others.

Secondly, u can't be committed to 2 ppl on d same level in romantic love. Damn! I used those 2 together. Lol

When people say...'I don't have a space for someone else in my heart cos I love my spouse', it's not cos it's impossible to get someone else in. It's cos they have decided to stay committed to dat person.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Perfectly understandable and healthy smiley
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I wouldn't even say many but, of course, I can't provide evidence.
Sometimes you can't forget your ex but as soon as you fall in "love" with somebody else you forget your ex COMPLETELY. Happens to many women disregarding age.
I don't believe you love once and from my experience you don't. Luckily we have the ability to love more than one person in a lifetime. I have also seen people who "loved" their 2nd or 3rd partner more than the previous one(s) or the later ones in a different way. Different scenarios possible.

I would even claim that the more mature we get and the more we come to terms with ourselves, our weaknesses etc, the bigger the ability to "truly love" someone. wink

So love does have a timestamp then and is duplicable.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

For the feeling part...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

But it will be at varying degree. One will be more intense than others.

Secondly, u can't be committed to 2 ppl on d same level in romantic love. Damn! I used those 2 together. Lol

When people say...'I don't have a space for someone else in my heart cos I love my spouse', it's not cos it's impossible to get someone else in. It's cos they have decided to stay committed to dat person.

A decision is a choice.

Love is not a choice so that decision cannot be love.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

So love does have a timestamp then and is duplicable.

I understand timestamp and duplicable but I can't make any meaning out of it. Be so kind and explain please.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I understand timestamp and duplicable but I can't make any meaning out of it. Be so kind and explain please.

Love is transient. It can be here today, gone tomorrow.

It might fade and end.

If it ends, you can replace the subject.

This is a paradox to soul mating.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Exactly. So find that woman and see if you would not wait on her hand and feet. cool

So do you think love is forever? I think only Jesus Christ is capable of that.grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Love is transient. It can be here today, gone tomorrow.

It might fade and end.

If it ends, you can replace the subject.

This is a paradox to soul mating.

When it comes to "romantic love", as my humble self defines it, YES!
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
stillwater:

Exactly. So find that woman and see if you would not wait on her hand and feet. cool

So do you think love is forever? I think only Jesus Christ is capable of that.grin

That's one of the reason I'd love to meet him so much wink
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
This thread is moving too fast ojare. angry

And na soso women boku for dia. grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real: This thread is moving too fast ojare. angry

It's not too fast, you're too slow grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2012
stillwater:

Stop giving me Real Man lectures.

I am fine the way I am, I don't need to search for some solution like Siddhartha Gautama.

Let her come and find me.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

I think romantic love always has a date stamp. After that, you work to keep a little of the embers alive.

Some timestamp are longer than others and some embers have better access to oxygen than others.

Ok. Agree. Dat is where u commitment to eachother comes to play. Abi?
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 7:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real: This thread is moving too fast ojare. angry

Thank you, Jesus! grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 7:59pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Ok. Agree. Dat is where u commitment to eachother comes to play. Abi?

Or you move to a new flame like carefree suggested. cheesy
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2012
carefreewannabe:

It's not too fast, you're too slow grin

Yesss o. Cos I am a pregnant 40 sumthn year old woman with 6 kids and a lazy a.ss man as a hubby. grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Lol. Then that is selfish. Love is not selfish.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Or you learn how to TRULY love someone grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Lol. Then that is selfish. Love is not selfish.

carefree has educated me it is. cheesy
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Or you learn how to TRULY love someone new grin

Fixed! grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Thank you, Jesus! grin

Na so u go like am. Balogun laarin obinrin. tongue

Sagamite, pls interprete since u like doing dat. tongue
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Yesss o. Cos I am a pregnant 40 sumthn years old woman with 6 kids and a lazy a.ss man as a hubby. grin

Under theses circumstances you're very fast. Respect! wink
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

carefree has educated me it is. cheesy

I HAVE EDUCATED SAGAMITE!

From today on, I'll never again doubt myself and that I'm special.

I have made the impossible possible smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Parents Let's Discuss; What Are Your Experiences In Child Training / Have You Ever Lied To Your Wife? / I Need Your Opinions on my marriage

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.