Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,020 members, 7,896,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:34 AM

What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? (10011 Views)

Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park / My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Na so u go like am. Balogun laarin obinrin. tongue

Sagamite, pls interprete since u like doing dat. tongue

Shuku shuku bambam in the midst of women. cheesy

carefreewannabe:

I HAVE EDUCATED SAGAMITE!

From today on, I'll never again doubt myself and that I'm special.

I have made the impossible possible smiley smiley smiley

I am a willing student of ashaworism for life! cheesy
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Love is transient. It can be here today, gone tomorrow.

It might fade and end.

If it ends, you can replace the subject.

This is a paradox to soul mating.

I only agree to this if u don't find what u want in ur partner. That is, if d person is not loving u right.

My thinking about love:

https://www.nairaland.com/956935/road-redemption
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by armyofone(m): 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
Romantic love is when he can bring home fat Bacons kiss

Romantic love is when the dude is handsome with impeccable hygiene

Romantic love is when he briliant and doesn't ask me to solve calculus for management science.

Abeg make i see road, let's talk bank account and if you can cook.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Stop giving me Real Man lectures.

I am fine the way I am, I don't need to search for some solution like Siddhartha Gautama.

Let her come and find me.

Stop ke? I'm not threatened! I'm giving you top notch, fact based lectures. grin

@Tgirl
Send me the interview thingy, on one condition. . .grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Hmm. Good point!

But reality is that such crush and butterflies are usually only felt in high school and by love-virgins. So as we grow, we become love-ashawos.

Hence, basically, you are saying it is rare to love as we accelerate away from pubescence?

No I don't believe it's limited to high school alone... Saga when you meet '' the one'' you will know because the feeling will be mutual and you just can't take your hands off each other ( I'm speaking for myself tho),

sometimes you get choked up sef like when will this high school stuff end ( and that's when you get tested and I'm not thinking about cheating people!), like seriously!

It's not rare atall to Love if you hook the right fish and your feelings are mutual and you're in the same page...

or else you must have dated and disposed your potential wife ( oops!) and that's when people settle for what comes their way due to pressure.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
armyofone: Romantic love is when he can bring home fat Bacons kiss

Romantic love is when the dude is handsome with impeccable hygiene

Romantic love is when he briliant and doesn't ask me to solve calculus for management science.

Abeg make i see road, let's talk bank account and if you can cook.

And love is when you see 50% of his assets in a divorce court. angry grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

What kind of interpretation is this? grin

carefreewannabe:

I HAVE EDUCATED SAGAMITE!

From today on, I'll never again doubt myself and that I'm special.

I have made the impossible possible smiley smiley smiley

Are u eying my hubby right under my nose
For ur info, we are 5. I am the last and I am not accomodating. sad

Shift to wan side. grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
jennykadry:

When you are Married to someone that still loves their ex or loves someone else, then you are not married to "the one".

I also edited and added a line in the post your quoted

Tgirl4real:

I only agree to this if u don't find what u want in ur partner. That is, if d person is not loving u right.

My thinking about love:

https://www.nairaland.com/956935/road-redemption

Then that means jenny is wrong as love can be one way street.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

Then you have to find another teacher.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
stillwater:
@Tgirl
Send me the interview thingy, on one condition. . .grin

What? Name ur price...My Saga is capable. grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
jidegirl12:

No I don't believe it's limited to high school alone... Saga when you meet '' the one'' you will know because the feeling will be mutual and you just can't take your hands off each other ( I'm speaking for myself tho),

sometimes you get choked up sef like when will this high school stuff end ( and that's when you get tested and I'm not thinking about cheating people!), like seriously!

It's not rare atall to Love if you hook the right fish and your feelings are mutual and you're in the same page...

or else you must have dated and disposed your potential wife ( oops!) and that's when people settle for what comes their way due to pressure.

Then Kanye West needs to get his hands off my one. grin tongue
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

What kind of interpretation is this? grin

Are u eying my hubby right under my nose
For ur info, we are 5. I am the last and I am not accomodating. sad

Shift to wan side. grin

No need to worry.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

That is right. I forgot to add "many".

I heard on a TV programme I was watching recently, a character saying: "You ever only love once". After that your mind is corrupted and the doubts are permanent (for most people).

Obviously some people get that love very late in life, but for most it is very early.

Well, yea. U love once, but dat don't say u can't love others. Let's say u truly bond with one person. Like ur soul mate. cool
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

U mean Kim? I'm her sister from anoda mother. grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

What? Name ur price...My Saga is capable. grin

Lol, I can demand for it to be pulled down any time I like.grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Well, yea. U love once, but dat don't say u can't love others. Let's say u truly bond with one person. Like ur soul mate. cool

Yeah, you can love others. But the argument is you love once and you love the others after less (basically gear 4 love). grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by netotse(m): 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2012
@saga
Which kain jazz you use keep men away from this thread?...lol

@carefreewannabe
Have you read 'the psychology of romantic love' by nathaniel brendan(I think), you seem to share the same views as the author(love being selfish and all). The book was a nice read I must confess.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

U mean Kim? I'm her sister from anoda mother. grin

Oya, bring that body over here then. Let me see your Armenian DNA. grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by SisiKill1: 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
If people would just substitute love with friendship, the romantic world would be less confusing.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by slimyem: 8:25pm On Nov 15, 2012
What is this thread about??
Schooling someone that is so set in his ways,opinions and prejudices about women and love?
Schooling someone that is the self-affirmed "God of logic and intelligence"?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill: If people would just substitute love with friendship, the romantic world would be less confusing.

With benefits? smiley

I don't men Cameron's giro o. grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

This guy is just having fun here.... I'm out.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill: If people would just substitute love with friendship, the romantic world would be less confusing.

Haaa friendship!cool I think love encompasses friendship too.

Love + romance + friendship = Loveeeeeeeeee!!!

Nobody should question my maths skills, I won't answer you.grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Very interesting but I still think that romantic love is selfish.
Imagine: You love a man but he feels like sleeping with other women. Would you accept it for the sake of HIS happiness?

It depends on d agreement d 2 entered into.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

A decision is a choice.

Love is not a choice so that decision cannot be love.

Why? Of course, love is a choice na. Forget d mushy mushy feeling o. When reality sets in, u choose to love.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
stillwater:

a + b + c = a

Then b and c must equal zero. grin

So romance and friendship does not matter jor. tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
jidegirl12:

This guy is just having fun here.... I'm out.

You hate fun that much? shocked
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by SisiKill1: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

With benefits? smiley

I don't men Cameron's giro o. grin
Lmao! Not kinda friendship!

I mean the honest to goodness friendship. We all have one person in our lives (boy or girl) with whom we just click with for reasons sometimes we, ourselves can't explain.

Seriously, Isn't it ironic that most people treat their friends better than the people they supposedly love? When you fight with your friend you don't find to finish, you still curb your tongue. The mutual giving and taking issue comes naturally, you can be yourself with them and can count on them to tell you you've gone cuckoo without reproach.

I suppose what I am saying that maybe instead of defining what it everyone is looking when it comes to romance as love, we should call it Friendship. I think LOVE automatically puts a certain pressure on the relationship and that's why more often than not, it fails. With friendship, there isn't an overt sense of expectation and is easier to express. . . maybe that's why it lasts longer.

I dunno. . .that's what I think sha! Don't "love me" just be my friend.

PS
Please when I say friendship, I am not talking the fair weather friend oh. I am talking about the kinda person you won't think twice about telling them how broke you are or that your leather shoes is actually pleather and they won't look their noses down at you cheesy

PPS
The FRIENDSHIP FEELING is what is being emphasized not the person it is directed at.

1 Like

Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Why? Of course, love is a choice na. Forget d mushy mushy feeling o. When reality sets in, u choose to love.

Nah! Love is not a choice.

Companionship is.
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by SisiKill1: 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2012
stillwater:

Lol! I agree with your math with a slight change. . .Love + FRIENDSHIP + Romance = Loooooooooooooove!! grin
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by Sagamite(m): 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Lmao! Not kinda friendship!

I mean the honest to goodness friendship. We all have one person in our lives (boy or girl) with whom we just click with for reasons sometimes we, ourselves can't explain.

Seriously, Isn't it ironic that most people treat their friends better than the people they supposedly love? When you fight with your friend you don't find to finish, you still curb your tongue. The mutual giving and taking issue comes naturally, you can be yourself with them and can count on them to tell you you've gone cuckoo without reproach.

I suppose what I am saying that maybe instead of defining what it everyone is looking when it comes to romance as love, we should call it Friendship. I think LOVE automatically puts a certain pressure on the relationship and that's why more often than not, it fails. With friendship, there isn't an overt sense of expectation and is more easy to express. . . maybe that's why it lasts longer.

I dunno. . .that's what I think sha! Don't "love me" just be my friend.

PS
Please when I say friendship, I am not talking the fair weather friend oh. I am talking about the kinda person you won't think twice about telling them how broke you are or that your leather shoes is actually pleather and they won't look their noses down at you cheesy

PPS
The FRIENDSHIP FEELING is what is being emphasized not the person it is directed at.

So you are basically saying lower the intensity and keep it simple but genuine?
Re: What Is Romantic Love To You And In What Form Does It Come? by SisiKill1: 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2012
Sagamite:

So you are basically saying lower the intensity and keep it simple but genuine?

Jeeedus! Now I feel silly typing all that for what coulda been summarized in one sentence. . .Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

Naive? Perhaps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Need Your Opinions on my marriage / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? / Nairaland Christmas Giveaway 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.