Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,809 members, 7,889,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:03 PM

"I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" (24713 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / Do I Have The Right To Collect My Phone Gift Back From My Ex? / Read What An Ss3 Student Wrote To Her Facebook Friends?what's Ur Reaction?+ pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Goldieluks: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2012
IZUKWU: goldie be nice @op ,hang on,do your part ,for the rest time will tell.

Tsk Tsk! A girl who is attracted to a guy on a first meeting, do not exchange fb account for ur info. Am dead nice here.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by MrsChima(f): 1:52am On Nov 25, 2012
queensmith: i agree with goldie, shes not into you. . . . at least not enough to give you her digits.

Thats true. I gave my baby my digits cos I was into him...still is.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 2:15am On Nov 25, 2012
The doubters may be correct. No response yet. Oh well
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 25, 2012
@ekt bear: The only reason she gave u her fb contact is because she had no escape route. You were rather pestering. She doesn't want to give u her number but since u insisted, all she could do to pacify you is let u add her on fb. grin

I was going to tell u not to be a pest, and let time pass before u mailed her but u already did. LMAO! If she later shows u any signs, it's not because she's into you but she's just bored and wants to play around grin grin

I could be wrong though, this is based on what I do. She might hv diff reasons. I wouldn't hv accepted you as a friend thoughgrin grin
@Flygeriansteve, LMAO!! cheesy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 4:43am On Nov 25, 2012
It is what it is. I don't meet girls who look like her every day. Better to try and fail than not to try at all, imo.

@ Flygeriansteve: The market price for my manliness is more than N1500 grin

Supposedly in Asia they eat bull testicles to gain strength and vigor.

The testicles of an ekt_bear should retail for at least $15,000...na strong juju you can make with that

2 Likes

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 25, 2012
lol this was quite an interesting read. I agree its best to try and fail than not try at all.

But i agree that if she was into you she would have given you her number instead. FB accounts count for nothing.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Google33: 4:58am On Nov 25, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] Chk d fb profile u fit c d fone numba
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by linearity: 5:10am On Nov 25, 2012
ekt_bear: Bros i guess I don't understand English then.

Why does the chick want to be facebook friends rather than giving me her #?

Isn't facebook friends more intimate that phone #?

So I have to setup a date via facebook or some crap like that?

Sounds annoying

Being facebook friends first is a way of playing it safe on her part. This will allow her to do some background check on you, research your past comments on facebook, she can see your wall and most likely know of past relationships. She will know who your friends are, where they work, their friends and a lot of about them....she will also get to have some knowledge about your family, relatives, etc...

With the above information, she will be in a better place to take the relationship to the next level by giving you her number. If she is computer savvy, through facebook, she can even find out if you are a player.

Facebook is not intimate, she can ignore you on facebook, she can even block you or delete your account if she does not like what she finds or if you become too pushy....but if she gives you her number, it will be more difficult for her...though she can ignore your call, but some guys can be so pushy and to do away with them, she would have to change her number which will be some inconvenience to her and her other friends and family members who have to relearn new phone#.

5 Likes

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by azimibraun: 5:34am On Nov 25, 2012
When it ws Difficult getting chicks I hesitated 2 let any local girl take a walk, na nw wey babes yapa everywia dey look for guys then I wll nw go thru one yeye facebook 2 get babe? Why am I young handsome and prosperous and nt short in supply of swag? Abegi.. Tell me dt fb thing and watever beauty or booty u carry fade instanta and a bush babe wll b wt I wll b seeing in u immediately. The Fb arrangment na bush girl talk. No time and I no even gt watch sef..

3 Likes

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Ignatio(m): 5:43am On Nov 25, 2012
1. Intimate zone
2. Friend zone
3. Facebook zone.

I think you got the third man. There's slim chance of making it to number 1.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ColourME: 6:05am On Nov 25, 2012
@OP

What do you want from her?

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Ajaofosoro: 6:08am On Nov 25, 2012
Flygeriansteve: She insisted on fb because she's a serial killer and she wants to use d modus operandi of Cynthia's killers...send you a few nude pics via Facebook, get you thinking with testosterone, thereafter invite you to a hotel to seal your coital transaction. Soon as you're all dressed in your birthday suit in d room, give you some sedative laden champagne and when you're in deep sleep, cut off your manliness! Uhm ... nd bite your butt.ocks after that. She'll then sell it 4 N1500( sorry but that's d market price)!! grin grin grin

Stupid man. Lol
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Taiwo20(m): 6:10am On Nov 25, 2012
hoosai! abegi, she no get red button or delete option for her fone ba? who she wan take do statistics?

Wetin make she go sef, go your village stream go get clean babe without the need for fb palava
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Suntemi(m): 6:12am On Nov 25, 2012
vivian chinaza: Imo, she wants you guys to be better friends first before she can give you her number. I do this all the time depending on how I met the guy. Most times I'd rather we are fb, bbm and whatsapp friends first before the phone part.

Some girls can lie ooo. How will u be "whatsapp's friends" as you claimed without giving out your number?

11 Likes

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by djeezy(m): 6:25am On Nov 25, 2012
1ndidi2: Two things-

She wants to know u much better,she takes a while then eventually she will release d number

Or, she doesn't want nothing to do with u and is being polite by hanging u guys @ facebook friends levels
I quite agree with you. @Op, don't get your hopes high anyway and never expect too much, so that you won't get disappointed. Everything starts from somewhere. If she doesn't dig u, kindly move on bro. There are many fishes in the River. Remember, variety is the spice of life.

2 Likes

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 25, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

It is easier to give facebook accounts than phone numbers...you can blow up her facebook account with millions of message and she wouldn't know unless she log in.....but she can't ignore her phone if dudes calling her every five minutes. She is smart indeed.

Just because she was with you for five minutes doesn't mean she didn't give five other dudes her facebook account. Women are master players...trust me. Why do you think men get caught cheating than women? grin grin grin
u are wrong there my very dear friend, women aint no master playaz, its only some weak dudes de go out with that is blinded with love n fails to realize the chick is cheatin.....sweetheart, u cant catch a true playa

2 Likes

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 25, 2012
^^^Gbamest!!!
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Olaone1: 6:44am On Nov 25, 2012
New job new girl . . . . things are shaping up for Eku
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Archmed(m): 6:44am On Nov 25, 2012
Bro,u are just being egocentric..be a gentleman and stop being a nuisance to her.She isn't giving u her number now,doesn't mean she aint gonna give u in future..She needs 2b convinced abt ur personality das why she wants d Facebook platform as a 1st medium for conversation..and come 2think of it,who told u can get intimate thru F.B dan phone call?....are u serious at all?
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 25, 2012
Isn't facebook friends more intimate that phone #?

I guess it's different for different people. I believe phone numbers are more intimate.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Goldieluks: 6:50am On Nov 25, 2012
sun_temi:

Some girls can lie ooo. How will u be "whatsapp's friends" as you claimed without giving out your number?

Lmao the BB and fb is understandable. But with whatsapp, you can't give it out without exchanging mobile numbers.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by decepticos(m): 6:53am On Nov 25, 2012
I thought people with fb accounts had their number(s) in the profile thingy
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 25, 2012
Young man, how she fine reach sef !!!, just chike the babe, if she no gree ehn, abeg lock up make u hit da road... She's probably tryin to size u up, but u are the man.....use ur brain, dont let her be untop of the game, a cute chick only has a higher retail value, n dt does not mean she stands out....how she fine reach self wey she do all this kind shakara.....bros i believe u've got swags, n in no time she go fall for u, trust me....good luck bro, cos u need it
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Mynd44: 6:56am On Nov 25, 2012
Goldieluks:

Lmao the BB and fb is understandable. But with whatsapp, you can't give it out without exchanging mobile numbers.
That's not entirely true. Your whatsapp number might not be an active line. I have a friend whose whasapp line has been lost and he chats with people

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by lovejo(m): 6:58am On Nov 25, 2012
ekt_bear: What the fvck does this mean?

I was tempted to just blow her off at this point, but she was too fine...I took what I could get cheesy

It sounds so lame though.
I thought you are a lady, or are you into this same woman to woman relationship?

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 25, 2012
ekt_bear: damn this chick bad though

she added me back already and i'm looking through her pictures

we'll see how this goes NL

wish me luck

What if the chick is on NL reading this nw?

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 7:01am On Nov 25, 2012
gboss4sure:

What if the chick is on NL reading this nw?

Well I've said nothing here I should be ashamed about.

The odds of her being on NL are pretty low though.

And if she is reading this now, then all I have to say is "wut up?" cheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Goldieluks: 7:04am On Nov 25, 2012
Mynd_44:
That's not entirely true. Your whatsapp number might not be an active line. I have a friend whose whasapp line has been lost and he chats with people

I don't know about that, but the one am referring to here is an active mobile number, and am sure that's what she meant. Don't know about people chatting with in-active mobile numbers on whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 25, 2012
decepticos: I thought people with fb accounts had their number(s) in the profile thingy

It's optional!
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by kenkruse: 7:23am On Nov 25, 2012
Op you haven't said much to attract her attention. Girls fall in love with what they hear. Make her believe that you aren't gona disappoint her. Some lies will do.
Re: "I Can't Give You My Phone Number, We Can Be Facebook Friends Though" by ektbear: 7:28am On Nov 25, 2012
kenkruse: Op you haven't said much to attract her attention. Girls fall in love with what they hear. Make her believe that you aren't gona disappoint her. Some lies will do.

i am terrible at talking to women or making conversation. It bores the heck out of me....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

“6 Ways A 'side Chic' Can Trick Her Man Into Spending For Her / When You Choose To Be A Drama Queen / Love So Natural, You Can Feel The Chemistry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.