Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,196 members, 7,970,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 02:05 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (883614 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (789) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hello folkssmiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by superbloke(m): 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
yetseyi: btw superbloke art thou a metabolite
@atmc good morning dearie I see u oooo
Metabolite representing cool
An0nimus: Hello folkssmiley
Chief! How you been boss?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by CREAM333: 1:35am On Jul 20, 2013
Xup peeps, how is going. I guess d game is to ask someone questions. So am asking WHAT IS PRAYER!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by specialangel: 7:48am On Jul 20, 2013
Hello house.

I'm new here, so glad to join.

@Cream, in Sunday school, I was taught that prayer is talking to God. The issue most Christians have with prayer is that we feel the need for prayer to be 'formal'. I must close the door, go on my knees, close my eyes before I believe I have prayed. I have realized that we could 'talk to God' without doing any of these. We could be praying on the bus, while cooking, eating, and doing our daily activities.

In answer to your question, I would say prayer is the medium through which communicate with God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by specialangel: 8:06am On Jul 20, 2013
I think I need help. Lately, I feel like I am beginning to lose my faith. I think I am losing grip of everything that makes me a christian. I still go to church, but I spend almost all the time thinking of what I could be doing if I were not in church. I am beginning to question some biblical truths and principles that I have lived by all my life. I don't know what to do, I can't imagine living the other way, but it seems like I'm getting close to that stage.
God bless.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 9:05am On Jul 20, 2013
@special angel
God's grace is sufficient for us dear, for me anytime I feel this way abt biblical truths I read 1pet 1:16-21
den I have assurance again dt d bible is God's word
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 9:17am On Jul 20, 2013
@special angel
and u shd pray abt ur mind being diverted in church. u knw seeing people do d wrong tins nd getting away wit it seems like a temptatn 4 us xtians. but remember it is dose dt hold fast 2 d end. Rev22:11
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:20am On Jul 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

What's LDR? grin

Sorry, hon. I'm not the best at small talk. I try but I run out pretty easy. Thought you'd be hitting me up on email.
Long Distance Relationship.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 20, 2013
C.R.E.A.M. 333:
Xup peeps, how is going. I guess d game is to ask someone questions. So am asking WHAT IS PRAYER!
prayer to me, is a communication wid God, and even more, its wen u speak his words back 2 him, its wen u allow him partake in ur struggles, ur pain, ur burden, ur ancieties, ur joy, ur happiness, @special angel, i feel ds too sometimes, though now, i dont know d verse that speaks concerning that, but i just talk to God about it, i tell him my fears, i tell him i need more of his grace, i talk 2 him lyk i talk 2 my dad, cos he is my dad.
So, generally, i think prayer is communion with God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by meggy4real: 9:24am On Jul 20, 2013
ATMC: sugar, how you doing?
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES
Theme: Change The Order.
Date: Saturday, July 20th.
Pastor Chris.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2

From time to time, it’s important to review the way things are going with you and determine the areas in which you need to make changes. Many keep doing the same things, and expect a different result; that’s not going to work. You’d need to employ new ideas; bring in something new.

If you want a different result from what you’re experiencing right now, you have to review things and make the necessary changes. Begin with changing your way of thinking. Perhaps at work, you’ve been noted for not being so diligent, and now you want a change. First, you’d have to change your attitude, and approach your work with a new mind-set. Start practicing getting to work early to gain time, and then learn to sit down and finish your work within the stipulated time frame, and excellently too.

Learning to be ahead on your work, and finishing early, will give you time to review your work and ensure perfection. Do this consistently and soon enough, you’d begin to receive sterling recommendations and promotions from your bosses.

Maybe you’ve always desired to study the Word and pray more effectively; that won’t happen until you take the right and necessary steps. You can start by being more diligent with your study of the Rhapsody of Realities devotional, and meticulously going through the scripture references and the daily scripture reading. Also, get the book “How To Pray Effectively Volume 1” and study it from cover to cover (you can order a copy at www.christembassyonlinestore.org). It will help position you for a more vibrant and exciting study and prayer life.

Right now, list out areas where you need to make definite changes, and consciously write out the new steps you’re going to take to effect those changes, and then go for it! Make this part of your personal development project for the quarter, or the rest of the year, and watch your life grow for the best.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your Spirit who guides me to make the right and necessary changes required for my next level of success and promotion in life. Through your Word, wisdom is granted me to function excellently, and I live a fruitful and effective life in righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Proverbs 22:29
Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

Proverbs 10:4
He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Reading Plan

Acts 26:19-32
Psalms 19-20

2 Year Bible Reading Plan

Luke 9:49-62
Joshua 16-17

http://www.christembassyonlinestore.org/
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 9:25am On Jul 20, 2013
Ihedinobi: What's LDR? grin Sorry, hon. I'm not the best at small talk. I try but I run out pretty easy. Thought you'd be hitting me up on email.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 9:32am On Jul 20, 2013
@atmc regrets hmm recently Ive questioned some of my decisions asking mysef if I did d right tin but den I look @ it nd I jst tink I made d rite choice
football hmm yes
beauty routine no, just wash myface b4 going 2 bed
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2013
hobbies: reading, cooking,athletics
drive -yep but its been a yr since I drove
Life is a gift meant 2 be used d right way to the highest potential it can get 2
Fav sectn: d jobs, religion nd frontpage (if dts a sectin)
oudoor game

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2013
superbloke a metabolite
Damex I see u jst showing up 2dy *frowns face*
Uj good morning
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:02am On Jul 20, 2013
Ok. goodmorning @all
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:08am On Jul 20, 2013
yetseyi: superbloke a metabolite
Uj good morning
hello there...seems like you have decided to be a regular tongue

#Askyetseyi: 21. How are you today?
22. Any plans for today?
23. Are you seeing someone?
24. High heels or pumps/sneakers?
25. Are you a high class lady? (Nails, make up, brazilian weaves, botigue clothes, label sports wear etc?)
26. Do you drink alcohol? (Occasionally? Red wine etc?)
27. Where would you prefer a guy takes you on a first date? And why?
28. What kinda guys do u date? (His choice of clothes) the suit and tie guy or the casual clothing kinda guy or the swag bragging types with bling bling, gold teeth and all?
29. Do you go to the gym?
30. How old are you? grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 20, 2013
Morning y'all.
@yetseyi, you are really doing justice to d questions, nice answers so far.
@special angel, you are highly welcome and hope u'll enjoy God's grace here. Concerning u loosing ur faith, it happens sometimes and what u do is ask God to strebghten ur faith, ask for more grace to remain in faith. Its pretty difficult sometimes but those are parts of our building blocks (if we come out victorious).
Another thing is to pray that God reveals Himself to you in a new dimension cos sometimes, unless we have a direct/personal and remarkable encounter with Him,drifting is inevitable. Also, surround urself with people stronger in faith, it helps a great deal. Remember, iron sharpeneth iron. Stay blessed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2013
special_angel: Hello house.

I'm new here, so glad to join.

@Cream, in Sunday school, I was taught that prayer is talking to God. The issue most Christians have with prayer is that we feel the need for prayer to be 'formal'. I must close the door, go on my knees, close my eyes before I believe I have prayed. I have realized that we could 'talk to God' without doing any of these. We could be praying on the bus, while cooking, eating, and doing our daily activities.

In answer to your question, I would say prayer is the medium through which communicate with God.
[size=50pt]Welcome dear, its always good to have someone new here. grin[/size]

About your losing faith, I have been there, my wake up call was a bitter pill to swallow, then I realised that I am nothing, without God in my life, without the guidence of the Holy spirit, without acknowledging that Jesus Christ died for me to live in peace, to love and feel that love in return.

John 3:16, is there anyone that loves you more than God?

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 20, 2013
special_angel: I think I need help. Lately, I feel like I am beginning to lose my faith. I think I am losing grip of everything that makes me a christian. I still go to church, but I spend almost all the time thinking of what I could be doing if I were not in church. I am beginning to question some biblical truths and principles that I have lived by all my life. I don't know what to do, I can't imagine living the other way, but it seems like I'm getting close to that stage.
God bless.

Hi there. smiley

Good to meet you. That time does come when we must be sure of what we have come to accept. It is a good thing. The danger is closing your heart to what answers there are.

Question what you will, but on your knees and with wise people. There are many who have turned away not because they questioned anything (which every human being does if they are sane at all) but because they didn't want answers. God always wants to show us a little more than we already know. That's why he built curiosity into us.

So, ask your questions. Ask them on your knees, ask them of other believers and thinking people that you know. The Lord will guide you home.

Sometimes, we give up what we have come to take for granted in order to learn its true value and come home to it again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:32am On Jul 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Hi there. smiley

Good to meet you. That time does come when we must be sure of what we have come to accept. It is a good thing. The danger is closing your heart to what answers there are.

Question what you will, but on your knees and with wise people. There are many who have turned away not because they questioned anything (which every human being does if they are sane at all) but because they didn't want answers. God always wants to show us a little more than we already know. That's why he built curiosity into us.

So, ask your questions. Ask them on your knees, ask them of other believers and thinking people that you know. The Lord will guide you home.

Sometimes, we give up what we have come to take for granted in order to learn its true value and come home to it again.
I like the last part. Very true
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 20, 2013
@uj darling, thanks.

@yetseyi, thanks too. Clear me about your profession - what line of work do you want to devote your life to? If it's what you studied in school, what did you study in school?

About the Friday evening and Monday morning q's, I'm not talking about a one-time event, I mean a continuing experience.

@HBG, smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:47am On Jul 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:
@HBG, smiley
[size=13pt]The friends of God are sometimes the loneliest people in life, Wow, where did you get that? I like, I love.[/size]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 20, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:
[size=13pt]The friends of God are sometimes the loneliest people in life, Wow, where did you get that? I like, I love.[/size]

An observation. The tops of mountains are pretty lonely, you know. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

they seem lonely from the outside but they have inner peace within.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

...and peaceful too, if you've learned to breath through the silence.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

...and peaceful too, if you've learned to breath through the silence.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
Am always here, just watching from the sidelines
yetseyi: superbloke a metabolite
Uj good morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
superbloke: Chief! How you been boss?
only me Chief only me boss lol. I remain loyal to your guffment Sirsmiley I been great btw, just abit busy and off NL. I believe y'all are fine around here?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
An0nimus:
only me Chief only me boss lol. I remain loyal to your guffment Sirsmiley I been great btw, just abit busy and off NL. I believe y'all are fine around here?
we are doing great, just chilling ontop of the mountain, the site is really breath taking.

Btw, Brave passed your msg, wasn't available. Hope your good too?

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
@HBG and @uj, it's the loneness that brings the peace. In fact, "loneness", "lonely", "lonesome" are all words that don't serve well to describe the mountain tops.

A multitude could be at the mountain-tops but each one would be alone with God and thus in fellowship with one another. The real loneliness is in the valleys where the prophets go to work. Down there, they have a very hard time finding others who can relate to them because a lot of the people are shackled to the realities of the world below and can hardly comprehend the liberty of the hills.

But the Promise of God is that many more will soon find that liberty and His family will fill the earth and before a prophet searches, he will find many kindred spirits. Amd the days of fulfillment are at hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by meggy4real: 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2013
My name is Iyke, my wonderful girlfriend and I
had been dating 4 over a year and so we decided to
get married. There was only one little thing
bothering me...It was her beautiful younger sister.
My prospective 21 year old sister-in-law, always
wore very tight miniskirts, and often times was bra- less. She would regularly bend down when she was
near me,and I always got more than a nice view. One
day her little sis called and asked me to come over to
check the wedding invitations. She was alone when I
arrived, and she whispered to me that she had
feelings and desires for me that she couldn't overcome. She told me that she wanted me just once
b4 I get married and commit my life to her sister.
Well, I was in total shock, and couldn't say a word.
She said, "I'm going upstairs to my room, and if u
want one last wild fling, just come up and get me". I
was stunned and frozen in shock as I watched her go upstairs. I stood there for a moment, then turned
and headed straight to the front door. I opened the
door, and headed straight towards my car. Loo and
behold, my future family were standing outside, all
clapping! With tears in his eyes, my father-in-law
hugged me and said "We are very happy that you have passed our little test, We couldn't ask for a
better man for our daughter, Welcome to the family"!
I smiled and heaved a sigh of relief cos I was actually
heading to my car to get my condoms ...NA GOD Save
me ooo... :]Y :s cheesy
ATMC: which tv? Light dey house?no be muskeeto you bin dey pursue since night...lol
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
@ HBG d day is gone
I jst did house chores nd slept in
23. seeing sum1 nope
24.well depending on occasion
25 my definitin of a classy lady is one who is graceful, has carriage, finesse nd etiquette. so by mine Im classy but by ur definition I m a simple girl. I jst love loooking good nt carried away by all d@

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (789) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Higher Everyday — Actions Prove Our Faith / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.