Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,839 members, 7,906,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? (17993 Views)

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria / Who Is The Best Governor For The 2007-2011 Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by tolulopetoby: 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2012
All these men r putting in the best.if other governors of the past n present had worked n working like all ds men.by now we would ve bin having sigh of relief.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by solomon111(m): 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
This list is incomplete without akpabio.
All the achievements of these governors listed,pale into insignificance when compared with akpabio's.
Akpabio is Nigeria's best governor by a country-mile,and i am not even from akwa-ibom.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by lukaino(m): 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
@Alkadriyar after 8yrs of Okorocha u'll hav thousands of graduates more than ever, u no wat dat means 4 imo? Think bro
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by shyna501: 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
pekelepekele: WHY ADD FASHOLA? NA PERSON BE DAT?

Bro... Ʊ be Okada man
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by stevoski059(m): 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
The next generation will not forgive Okorocha for his present policies in imo state if he doesn't adjust now. Okorocha is turning Imo state to consumer oriented state rather than producer oriented depending solely on federal allocation. Racall that he has made education at all levels more than even free for imolites, by paying huge allowances to all students. He is also payiing higher than the national miniumum wage to civil servants. Okorocha gives free 10 liter of fuel 2 some keke napep users everyday, okorocha exempted some so called investors from tax, among other. Imolites are happy with these developments. But i must tell u that okorocha is seriously killiing imo economy, because he has blocked the way for direct techical skill aquisition (vocational skills) which is one of the keys to economic devoloment. He has lured imolites away from thier potentials of creativity since most youths who had potentials of vocational skill aquisition are now pushing their minds towards the conventional schools just for tokens. Am assuring u dat by the time most of these youths will gradute Okorocha will not be there to employ them as he is seriously aspiring to be in aso rock.
Oshiomole is a true democrat and lover of his people. Who always listen to the voice of the commons. But he is the kind who says yes to whatever the people say. But that is not what we need in this present Nigeria.
As for mimiko he's a good governor and okey.
Fashola on the other side, is creative and innovative. He understands nigerians. He knows that nigerians needs coession force or let me say the "carrot and stick" approach before they can obey simple instructions. He knows nigerian democracy should somtime be like jungle democracy where the leader should somtimes be radical. And thats what we need in this presents nigeria. Am not campaigning for Fashola, but If he's to become the president of Nigeria 2day, am sure he can transform dis country for good with his radz.since when did vocational skills better than going to school enemy of progress, witch education remains the key.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Dway1: 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
To me fashola is not among them..am a lagosian Ãήϑ if fashola can open his mouth wide Ãήϑ tell the mases that voted 4 him that uk is training doctor with 2.5milion Ãήϑ we are here deceiving ourself by traning doctor with 25k..he 4got that uk environment can never compare with nigeria..talk about okorocha he is the man of masses anyday anytime he has 3secodary school that run 4 free. What our religions father find dificult to do 4 free..that is the only man I respect among them...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Ameboperoo(m): 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2012
I like this thread and hope the governors are aware of what pple think about then. What of the worst governors? Somebody should pls oppen a thread 4 that too.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by wholexy009(m): 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
solomon111: This list is incomplete without akpabio.
All the achievements of these governors listed,pale into insignificance when compared with akpabio's.
Akpabio is Nigeria's best governor by a country-mile,and i am not even from akwa-ibom.
abeg compare the population of people living in Akibom ‎​‎​@̤̥̣̈̊̇п̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ lag with their monthly allocation and iGR then u will know who is indeed the best governor.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Arysexy(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
I give it to Rochas!

The philanthropist without boundary, the man that have the poor masses at heart, the man that took after awolowo legacy to the SW.

Rochas foundation has been helping the orphans with free education nationwide b4 Rochas emergence as Govnor, now he replicates such gesture in the state and it marvels the people. If Rochas only contribution in Imo is education revolution, history will remember his just as awolowo and michael okpara.

Am from anambra btw
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by solomon111(m): 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
wholexy009: abeg compare the population of people living in Akibom ‎​‎​@̤̥̣̈̊̇п̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ lag with their monthly allocation and iGR then u will know who is indeed the best governor.
That excuse is not valid enough.
He could have chose to embezzle the state revenues and not develop the state,but he didn't.
Look at bayelsa,with all the oil money and micro-population,yet one of Nigeria's most poorly run state.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by wholexy009(m): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2012
Dway1: To me fashola is not among them..am a lagosian Ãήϑ if fashola can open his mouth wide Ãήϑ tell the mases that voted 4 him that uk is training doctor with 2.5milion Ãήϑ we are here deceiving ourself by traning doctor with 25k..he 4got that uk environment can never compare with nigeria..talk about okorocha he is the man of masses anyday anytime he has 3secodary school that run 4 free. What our religions father find dificult to do 4 free..that is the only man I respect among them...
truth can sometimes be bitter but it must be told, naija will never develop if we continue to believe that we can continue to get things for free. The likes of Fashola are the kind of leader we need in this country for meaningful development to take place else we will continue to remain at the same spot. Though government need ti do more in terms of warfare of the masses but we must all continue to remember that GOOD THINGS don't come CHEAP

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by wholexy009(m): 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2012
Dway1: To me fashola is not among them..am a lagosian Ãήϑ if fashola can open his mouth wide Ãήϑ tell the mases that voted 4 him that uk is training doctor with 2.5milion Ãήϑ we are here deceiving ourself by traning doctor with 25k..he 4got that uk environment can never compare with nigeria..talk about okorocha he is the man of masses anyday anytime he has 3secodary school that run 4 free. What our religions father find dificult to do 4 free..that is the only man I respect among them...
truth can sometimes be bitter but it must be told, naija will never develop if we continue to believe that we can continue to get things for free. The likes of Fashola are the kind of leader we need in this country for meaningful development to take place else we will continue to remain at the same spot. Though government needs to do more in terms of warfare of the masses but we must all continue to remember that GOOD THINGS don't come CHEAP
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by striker07(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
I still rate sule lamido,akpabio more than the governors on the list.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by ChiSun27(m): 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
wia is my state governor? Abia ala na. May God redeem us frm dat man.

Well, my best gomino is Fash anytym any dy...God may u grant him d grace 2 contest as d president of dis coun3 come 2015 in Jesus name.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by salolo(m): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
fashola
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by freewitme(m): 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
my best governor; hmm! this is a close one between the 4 governors mentioned but critically looking at their individual achievement in the providence of good governance, putting infrastructures in their rightful places and so on, i should assume that as to be the best in their reach.
FASHOLA- he has transform to Lagos State to his lost glory having successfully taking the mantle of leadership from his predecessor 8 yrs ago. but has come out to put an iron hand on lagosians with the removal of Okada making life diffcult for movement and standard of living for the average lagosians. can he be your best governor? think again, he is so out
MIMIKO- in the aspect of good governance, he has won the pride of the ordinary ondo man but a constant enemy to the progress of ondo indigenes living in diaspora. leading a gang up war which he knows fully well that is a lost battle will totally affect his ambition of being the best. he should rather not be in the list. grin no offence.
OKOROCCHA- he has improve the life of indigene of the state particularly in the educational sector were Imo state citizen won't a pay dime from the primary to the teitary institutions, a 1st and it is laudable for this great achiever. kudos wink cheesy but he is below par in governance.
OSHIOMOLE- he has transform the hearbeat of the nation, Edo state to its lost glory of old and putting inplace infrastructures to help the people. no wonder he was re-elected for a 2nd term and he is not stopping. he has won the heart of the Federal Government because he has become and instant mediator for the Government and Labour Union and with that trend, we are seeing a president in the making in him. 3 bosa for the man wen sabi! smiley wink cheesy
so my governor without arguements is Oshio- baba, who is yours?
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by fabj1(m): 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2012
i'd say Fashola, Okorocha, Akpabio nd Oshiomole. The northernaz are wack. They dnt luv thier pple. They jst use dem 4 evil violence.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by muchyblink(m): 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2012
[quote author=Slimboy94]I've been thinking about this for a while.

These are the four most talked about governors in Nigeria.

Who do youu think has ruled best. Rochas is less than two years so dnt judge him yet
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by deletrue: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
[quote author=Coldfeet]Na wa o! That's why most people failed Jamb 3 times!! Simple question is Fashola! Mimiko! Okorocha! and Osiomhole! Who do you consider best? People are naming other gominors! If you feel your choice is not listed pls go and open another thread for them!

Signed Owelle Rochas Okorocha
Executive Governor of Imo State+[/quote That is nigerians for you. If you carry out survey of Nigerians, say fifty persons, you may hardly get six normal nigerians! That why i some times praise punch. This paper identifying who a nigerian is, because punch will publish highly biased and abnormal issues that will enable people of like manner to comment without wasting time, thus, showing their similar character. Please, parents i will blame you for this children who are fast becoming something else. Manage and train these childen such that there will be changes in the character of the tomorrow nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by AkandeTK(m): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
Remove mimiko out of it....odas r qualified...its onli d illetrates will disqualfied fashola,oshiobaba,okorocha....these r d best governor?
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2012
Okorocha all d way
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by hisswagness: 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2012
Godswill akpabio jorGodswill akpabio jorGodswill akpabio jor
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by try69: 4:28pm On Dec 02, 2012
What I can deduce from this thread is

1. Most of the arguments are based on hear-say, making them seem "lame" to a realist.

2. Some governors are only endorsed cos of so much media hype.

3. No set standards for the argument and so it's just moving here and there.

But they say behind every rumour, there is a truth atom and so for some of these governors to be mentioned, means there is a step-up in governance in their various states.
Truth is, whatever policies a democratic government makes, there must always be some opposition. Fashola bans okada and someone says that's why he cannot become presidents only leaves you shaking your head @ how shallow the persons faculty can relate to trends. Plus the training a doctor argument another guy made which from the "fashola" angle is kinda correct because its illogical to say a doc can be trained on 25k.

As much as capital projects are geared at long-term betterment, the okorocha's education policy is laudable. I wonder why one will argue for technical or vocational studies as if schools don't have such departments which if same okorocha looks at and develop, will go a long way to better the "minds" and "hands" of the trainees or students per say. If you say free education is no good policy,then you'll need to check out what's happening up north.

Btw, the Nigerian media needs to do more on information dissemination.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by mikuz(m): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2012
Owelle Rochas!
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by ba7man(m): 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
Fashola!!!......Give anyone of these other Governors Lagos to govern and i belive they'll fumble. What major challenges have they faced in their prospective states that isn't magnified x100 in Lagos??
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by bola4dprec(m): 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
Akande T K: Remove mimiko out of it....odas r qualified...its onli d illetrates will disqualfied fashola,oshiobaba,okorocha....these r d best governor?
The rule of law requires the government to exercise
its power in accordance with well-established and
clearly written rules, regulations, and legal principles.
A distinction is sometimes drawn between power,
will, and force, on the one hand, and law, on the
other. When a government official acts pursuant to
an express provision of a written law, he acts within
the rule of law. But when a government official acts
without the imprimatur of any law, he or she does so
by the sheer force of personal will and power.
I am of the view that its only uneducated person will support Fashola who has violate the section of 1999 constitution pursuant to section 214 of 1999 constitution 2011 amendment all in the name lastma performing the same function with police and the rule of law said their will be no any other police which Fashola is agitating to establish in order to achieve personal aims and objectives infact I hate BRF
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by abrat: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
Olusegun Mimiko remains the best. Fashola na person? I'm tired of all these ACN guys jare!
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by PeterKbaba: 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2012
Fashola all the waaaaaaaaaaayy

Do you all realize that all the other states collect almost twice 2x the money given to lagos state from the federal government. The population of all this other states are less than 8 million and Lagos state as a population of 20 million plus.

Lagos is a little nigeria on its own, lagos as every citizen of nigeria, west africa and maybe africa as a whole present there.

Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by sambussie(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
elampiro: What criteria is used to determine the best governor given the fact that the four listed have spent different number of years in office, they do not have same allocation from federal government and some are capable of generating fund than others (IGR and external debt)?

I think the argument should be logical, not a road side blind talks.

Well said! I totally concur
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by bola4dprec(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
abrat: Olusegun Mimiko remains the best. Fashola na person? I'm tired of all these ACN guys jare!
I never see anything good in Fashola administration full of oppression of masses.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by EkoIle1: 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
Smartie gurl: Okorocha has done great whithin this few yeas of his reign. His the man.

Done great by doing what exactly? Running his mouth?

What has he built or done? Please educate us about his invisible good work that made him the best governor in Nigeria .....
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by dandoki: 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
Wendyslim: Fashola (no nonsence), lagos is moving. Mimiko not doing bad too. Okorocha dey try buh the question is can the next gov continue from where he stop?

He is the next governor!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri Remanded In Prison / Sheikh Gumi: Boko Haram Will Soon Infiltrate Killer-Herdsmen, Bandits / PDP Governors, Elders Head For Showdown Over Oyinlola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.