Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,830 members, 7,906,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:18 AM

Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? (17992 Views)

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria / Who Is The Best Governor For The 2007-2011 Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by EkoIle1: 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
abrat: Olusegun Mimiko remains the best. Fashola na person? I'm tired of all these ACN guys jare!

Yes. Mimiko is the best. The first governor to introduce kekenapep ambulance with all his oil money. There village people sef..lmao
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Slyp: 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
Considering the revenue fashola is making in Lagos state I can say categorically that fashola is under performing. I will give to oshomole becaüse he is making judicious use of the little revenue and fg allocation.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by ba7man(m): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
bola4dprec: I never see anything good in Fashola administration full of oppression of masses.
Are you an Okada rider or road-side trader??
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by bumtos(m): 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2012
none of the above
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by PeterKbaba: 5:35pm On Dec 02, 2012
Slyp: Considering the revenue fashola is making in Lagos state I can say categorically that fashola is under performing. I will give to oshomole becaüse he is making judicious use of the little revenue and fg allocation.

Do you even know how much it is costing lagos to build our train, over $1 billion (150 billion naaira) how much is d revenue. stop acting like a naive person
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Bomi(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
As far as governance dictate, democracy is about the masses, about delivery sustainable welfare to the people at all time, about meeting their need in a transparent manner not acting like feudal lord! Fashola is a total failure. He is not the wisest and superior to nobody, all his antecedent show his leadership style which is worst than Abacha and Hitler combine. If that guy find himself in saddle of Nigeria President, masses will suffer.
Apart from bribing his lawmaker and implement selective laws. The slogan he repeatably shout at every opportunity is irritating like that of Wrestler Daniel Bryan "Eko on baje"! What about the speaker of House of Assembly and his colleagues can he do anything about it or some people has a right to spoil Lagos and other does not like Okada Riders, Lagos State Tertiary institutions students! Then in conclusion"if you can not leave within the laws of Lagos State then go back to your state! Please ask him as a SAN who was voted for overwhelmingly by Both non and Lagosian is that what to pay with! And where are non Lagosian from? Lagosian will not allow him to spoil Lagos come next dispensation.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by jeroton: 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
Fashola is the best governor, 4get sentiment
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by BOAproperties: 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
From my own opinion the best among them is okorocha,reason is that,he declared a free education from elementary to high learning for the state indigene while 50 percent off for non indigene.why we south west refering Awo regime is the best so far,becos of free education given to his people when he alive and many people are beneftted .

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by emmacity2: 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2012
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by youngmonie: 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
There is one thing people fail to analyse. Each governor has focused on diff things. If Mimiko has focused on the welfare of the people, considering the fact that Ondo is a small population compared to lagos. However one cannot expect fashola to focus on the welfare of everyone in lagos and then have money to spend on capital projects as well as other expenditures on the part of the govt. Lagos Lagos has far been ignored especially during the time of obj and being the capital city in Nigeria it became neccesary to put in proper and adequate infrastructure that would support the ever growing population of the state, new roads, bridges, capital projects whilst also laying down rules and reg for the future of the state. If they had not banned okada's in certain areas of lagos and major highways, think what it would be like in 10 years time , or if all these laws are not put in place and enforced now, what will Lagos be like in 10 years time. So everything happening in lagos is all about working towards the future and steadily carrying along the private sector which is the key player in the growth of any economy. Its the private sector that would benefit from all these development in the long run. Even is we say lagos is making more money in terms of revenue, its is also contributing to the national purse and think of the number functioning agencies the Lagos state government has, just to create jobs for people, all these are expenses as well. Its times like this Nigeria needs leaders that can take bold and decisive actions and decisions that would benefit that state in the long run. SACRIFICES HAVE TO BE MADE
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by emmacity2: 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
emmacity2: [color=#000000][/color]
okorocha
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by sambussie(m): 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2012
kaeto: ROCHAS IS BEST AT EASING THE PAINS OF THE COMMON MAN...

Rochas' policies are 4 short term. A good Gov in dis present 9ja need 2 lay down structures for long term purposes.

He's doin his best sha & he has alwaysbeen a philantropist way b4 he became †ђз governor.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by PeterKbaba: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
Fashola all the waaaaaaaaaaayy

Do you all realize that all the other states collect almost twice 2x the money given to lagos state from the federal government. The population of all this other states are less than 8 million and Lagos state as a population of 20 million plus.

Lagos is a little nigeria on its own, lagos as every citizen of nigeria, west africa and maybe africa as a whole present there.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by jeroton: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
[quote author=youngmonie]There is one thing people fail to analyse. Each governor has focused on diff things. If Mimiko has focused on the welfare of the people, considering the fact that Ondo is a small population compared to lagos. However one cannot expect fashola to focus on the welfare of everyone in lagos and then have money to spend on capital projects as well as other expenditures on the part of the govt. Lagos Lagos has far been ignored especially during the time of obj and being the capital city in Nigeria it became neccesary to put in proper and adequate infrastructure that would support the ever growing population of the state, new roads, bridges, capital projects whilst also laying down rules and reg for the future of the state. If they had not banned okada's in certain areas of lagos and major highways, think what it would be like in 10 years time , or if all these laws are not put in place and enforced now, what will Lagos be like in 10 years time. So everything happening in lagos is all about working towards the future and steadily carrying along the private sector which is the key player in the growth of any economy. Its the private sector that would benefit from all these development in the long run. Even is we say lagos is making more money in terms of revenue, its is also contributing to the national purse and think of the number functioning agencies the Lagos state government has, just to create jobs for people, all these are expenses as well. Its times like this Nigeria needs leaders that can take bold and decisive actions and decisions that would benefit that state in the long run. SACRIFICES HAVE TO BE MADE[/quotm Man,I love u.I like people who can rationalize issue without sentiment.thank u
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Integrafamoo: 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
ba7man: Are you an Okada rider or road-side trader??
trully,Fashola has done well but in capital project.the aforementioned govs feel for the people by doing human oriented projects. Things are becoming uneasier for common men in Lagos inspite of the marketable huge projects. Though, man cannot be God, Fashola has made his footprint . Demolishion without cushion effect, high school fees hmmm!
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by sambussie(m): 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
The performance of every governor depends on d peculiarity of †ђз situations which †ђз state considers priority.

Well,I live in lagos,& I'v not been 2 these other states. I can't draw conclusions from what †ђз media says, but I knw dt Fashola is okay.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Integrafamoo: 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
PeterKbaba: Fashola all the waaaaaaaaaaayy

Do you all realize that all the other states collect almost twice 2x the money given to lagos state from the federal government. The population of all this other states are less than 8 million and Lagos state as a population of 20 million plus.

Lagos is a little nigeria on its own, lagos as every citizen of nigeria, west africa and maybe africa as a whole present there.
Lagos IGR than others. Apapa alone can pay Ekiti state,do u know dat?

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by macherie1: 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
alkadriyar: The next generation will not forgive Okorocha for his present policies in imo state if he doesn't adjust now. Okorocha is turning Imo state to consumer oriented state rather than producer oriented depending solely on federal allocation. Racall that he has made education at all levels more than even free for imolites, by paying huge allowances to all students. He is also payiing higher than the national miniumum wage to civil servants. Okorocha gives free 10 liter of fuel 2 some keke napep users everyday, okorocha exempted some so called investors from tax, among other. Imolites are happy with these developments. But i must tell u that okorocha is seriously killiing imo economy, because he has blocked the way for direct techical skill aquisition (vocational skills) which is one of the keys to economic devoloment. He has lured imolites away from thier potentials of creativity since most youths who had potentials of vocational skill aquisition are now pushing their minds towards the conventional schools just for tokens. Am assuring u dat by the time most of these youths will gradute Okorocha will not be there to employ them as he is seriously aspiring to be in aso rock.
Oshiomole is a true democrat and lover of his people. Who always listen to the voice of the commons. But he is the kind who says yes to whatever the people say. But that is not what we need in this present Nigeria.
As for mimiko he's a good governor and okey.
Fashola on the other side, is creative and innovative. He understands nigerians. He knows that nigerians needs coession force or let me say the "carrot and stick" approach before they can obey simple instructions. He knows nigerian democracy should somtime be like jungle democracy where the leader should somtimes be radical. And thats what we need in this presents nigeria. Am not campaigning for Fashola, but If he's to become the president of Nigeria 2day, am sure he can transform dis country for good with his radical policies. Thumbs up for Babatunde Raji Fashola.
For those who believe in God, no explanation is neccessary, and for those who do not belive in God, no explanation is Possible.
This is just an example of the insatiable nature of man. So wud u rather have GEJ who does nothing but tell us everything is under contol even when things are falling apart?
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by EkoIle1: 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
Slyp: Considering the revenue fashola is making in Lagos state I can say categorically that fashola is under performing. I will give to oshomole becaüse he is making judicious use of the little revenue and fg allocation.

With lagos population and igr, many states in Nigeria including akwa have mire money than lagos state. It's reta..rded to keep referring to igr without setting it against needs and population. With so much lagos is doing with its igr , you should be asking what these other states are doing with their money considering the fact that their budgets is very close to lagos, but also their population is less than 5 million.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by pheesayor(m): 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
from the way they both won they 2nd term elections, fash followed by oshio - baba
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by slimyem: 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2012
Mimiko is the man!!!
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Shegbe: 7:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
victorD3: Where did you dump Godswill Akpabio?
Can anything good come out of pdp?
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
OSHIOMHOLE
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by abrat: 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2012
Sincerely speaking, I'm tired of these ACN guys. Look at what Amosun is doing in Ogun State. First with the sack of over 2000 workers, Followed by the suspension of over 1000 teachers. He keep employing road and market sweepers and He is even planning to sack more. Ajimobi too is not different at this period of high unemployment rate. Fashola is busy dealing with the masses mercilessly at the same time selling lagos to Tinubu. SIA and Fashola keeps power to themselves and democracy gives power to the pple even in ACN they impose candidates in their primaries.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by skkutty: 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2012
The four are Ok by me.

If you talk of the worst Governor presently, it Uduaghan of Delta State
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by PeterKbaba: 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Shegbe: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2012
BOA properties: From my own opinion the best among them is okorocha,reason is that,he declared a free education from elementary to high learning for the state indigene while 50 percent off for non indigene.why we south west refering Awo regime is the best so far,becos of free education given to his people when he alive and many people are beneftted .
#faints#
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
Best governors in Nigeria starts with;

1. Godswill Apkabio - Akwa Ibom.

2. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi - Rivers State

3. Raji Fashola - Lagos

Rochas is a National person.. Tomorrow, I will launch my Picture thread featuring Owerri in its glory. You will see what Rochas has done.

I don't know much about Mimiko and Oshiomole so I would refrain from grading their performances.. However, Godwill Akpabio leads the pack of performing Governors by miles.. Visit Uyo and testify..
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by DanIlon(m): 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
Eko oni baje oo. Fashola is too big governor finish!
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by OmoTier1(m): 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2012
The list;
1. Fashola - possess the acumen to lead both locally and internationally. He has what it takes to stand up to the international community. His vision for Lagos is simply amazing and how far He has pushed that vision through despite the hurdles. I have seen the transformation and sustained urban development His government has embarked upon in the past few years, with determination and purpose. Yes some of His policies maybe obnoxious to the few but largely, his actions have demonstrated that Lagos can be made to work and work effectively and so too can Nigeria.

2. Oshiomhole. - posses the leadership skills to deal with looters that currently 'GEJerize' the country. His international exposure arguably is average compared to that of Fashola but when it comes to managing resources, I will put Him ahead of Fashola. At least citizens of Edo state now know that paying taxes and expecting accountability from government is what is the norm and not the exception.

3. Mimiko - Still not sure about Him, sad to see He is yet to get Ondo working with the right blue print despite the huge gas reserves. But he does come across as some who knows what it takes to bring development to her people but in terms of resources management, I will score him below average.

4. Okorocha. I have not visited IMO lately so I can not rank him based on here say.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by OmoTier1(m): 7:28pm On Dec 02, 2012
abrat: Sincerely speaking, I'm tired of these ACN guys. Look at what Amosun is doing in Ogun State. First with the sack of over 2000 workers, Followed by the suspension of over 1000 teachers. He keep employing road and market sweepers and He is even planning to sack more. Ajimobi too is not different at this period of high unemployment rate. Fashola is busy dealing with the masses mercilessly at the same time selling lagos to Tinubu. SIA and Fashola keeps power to themselves and democracy gives power to the pple even in ACN they impose candidates in their primaries.
It is called sanitisation. When you have more than is required or unqualified to be, then you have to do what he is doing. Oshiomhole did the same but today he is also employing more trained and qualified teachers.
Re: Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? by Kiddies20: 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
Truth is always golden! OWELLE ROCAS is the best governor. No controversy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SERAP Asks Lawan To Drop Bill To Give ‘repentant Terrorists’ Foreign Education / Bello's Assistant, Anthony Edogbo Explains Difference With Dangote Over Obajana / Peter Obi Backs Tinubu Government On Electricity Tariff Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.