Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,286 members, 7,928,930 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 05:18 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5997395 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (3547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
Greyfog:
Please do. I would like to have the recipe. Cheers

Coming up.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by manny4life(m): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
GraceBestowed:

I use 'Seriously Strong Cheddar'. I love cheese; even though I eat healthy, I allow for some stuff laden with calories to complete my daily count.

Yellow Cheddar works for me all the time, last week I had some cheese - something goat cheese, this cheese had a sour taste but it was just ok... Calories is good, but working it out is another.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
Shawarma is definitely on my culinary radar tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 10:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
manny4life:

Yellow Cheddar works for me all the time, last week I had some cheese - something goat cheese, this cheese had a sour taste but it was just ok... Calories is good, but working it out is another.

Goats' cheese (or even milk) is a big no no for me; we've all seen (and smelt) goats, so when I smell the milk, the memories are not nice!! Lol! Bring goat meat to me, and I will do it justice.

I'm not a fan for mellow cheddar, I also love cheese spreads, cheese for burgers etc .. In fact, let's just put all the things I like under the umbrella of dairy!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
CFCfan: Shawarma is definitely on my culinary radar tongue

loool! Ohh, speaking of Lebanese style foods, hummus is another one for me. Healthy snacking, hummus with carrot sticks!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
ItsModella: My friend cooked for us, this was some while back.

GraceBestowed reminds me of her because she loves to cook too smiley smiley

Awww! I just saw this! Mwwaahh!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by manny4life(m): 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2013
GraceBestowed:

Goats' cheese (or even milk) is a big no no for me; we've all seen (and smelt) goats, so when I smell the milk, the memories are not nice!! Lol! Bring goat meat to me, and I will do it justice.

I'm not a fan for mellow cheddar, I also love cheese spreads, cheese for burgers etc .. In fact, let's just put all the things I like under the umbrella of dairy!

I had that Goat cheese with spiced spinach and steak, I guess that's what reduced it's sourness, if not, it would have been awful. As for the goat meat, I ALWAYS do justice to it, I love anu ewu... grin grin

Hmm, I see you love dairy products, I'm a lil selective on dairy products but the ones I like, they're my fave.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by manny4life(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
GraceBestowed:

loool! Ohh, speaking of Lebanese style foods, hummus is another one for me. Healthy snacking, hummus with carrot sticks!

Humus is good as well, but I heard that's white people's thing.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
ehn, who mentioned dairy products? I love diary products die, from milk to cheese to cream, anything that has dairy in it, I'm there. My mom uses it to tease, she says that's the reason why I'm so tall. I no send abeg grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
GraceBestowed:

Humus is sooo good!! I first got a taste of it at an event on campus, organized by my school's Arab Students Club.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2013
ItsModella: ehn, who mentioned dairy products? I love diary products die, from milk to cheese to cream, anything that has dairy in it, I'm there. My mom uses it to tease, she says that's the reason why I'm so tall. I no send abeg grin grin

And that's why u are a modella.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 11:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
Vegetable Soup
Serves 8

- 4 heads of Spinach <--- this might seem like an insane amount, but it reduces in size once you've cooked it
- 250ml Palm Oil
- 2 Onion Bulbs
- Assorted Meat (as desired)
- 50g Ogiri <--- l love my ogiri
- 300g Tomato Purée
- Fresh Peppers (as desired)
- Seasoning to taste (maggi, etc)
- 4 tablespoons of Crayfish

~ Method ~

- Cook all your meats first, and save the stock (season as desired)
- Blend the onions and peppers together
- Heat the oil, and put the (now onion and pepper paste), then allow to fry whilst stirring occasionally
- I put my crayfish in at this stage
- After 10 minutes, put in the tomato purée, and fry for another 10 minutes. Times may vary depending on just how much you're making
** the secret to knowing when this has sufficiently fried is when the mixture settled at the bottom of the pot, and the oil rises **
*** at this stage, stir occasionally, having a non-stick pan would be a blessing **
- Put a tiny amount of your meat stock into the mixture, about 100ml
- Add the ogiri, and allow to boil. [never blend your ogiri, if you do, the taste overpowers your food]
- Add your seasoning, as desired
**** as the mixture dries out, replenish the moisture with the meat stock, but put in as little as possible. You want the mixture to be next to dry when you put the spinach in ****
- Throw your meats in; I go crazy with the cow foot, tripe, diced gizzard, beef, and goat meat. If mixture is dry, add a little of your meat stock.
- Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, and let the water dry out before the next step
- Put the cut up spinach into the mixture, and close for 5 minutes. You'll see that the water from the leaves would add a lot of moisture to the soup. Stir, and allow the soup to come together.
- Ideally, you shouldn't cook the spinach for more than 5 minutes.

If you have any left over stock, please save for another day.

:-)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
manny4life:

I had that Goat cheese with spiced spinach and steak, I guess that's what reduced it's sourness, if not, it would have been awful. As for the goat meat, I ALWAYS do justice to it, I love anu ewu... grin grin

Hmm, I see you love dairy products, I'm a lil selective on dairy products but the ones I like, they're my fave.

Golly! Milk, cheese, cream, yoghurt, ice cream, etc ..

I also love pastries, baked products; they go well together, actually; apple pie & ice cream, waffles & cream, milk & cookies, cheese buns ...

It is well!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
CFCfan:

Humus is sooo good!! I first got a taste of it at an event on campus, organized by my school's Arab Students Club.

I know, right!! It's an acquired taste though!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 21, 2013
Na wa. GraceBestowed is a legit chef!! Her husband/wife would be a blessed person.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
GraceBestowed:

I know, right!! It's an acquired taste though!

Abi o. I generally like Middle Eastern and Indian meals.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
CFCfan: Na wa. GraceBestowed is a legit chef!! Her husband/wife would be a blessed person.

LoooL, yes oh, I need to come correct in the kitchen for future hubby!

CFCfan:

Abi o. I generally like Middle Eastern and Indian meals.

Me too! I went to one of their restaurants, and it was an experience!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by manny4life(m): 11:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
CFCfan: Na wa. GraceBestowed is a legit chef!! Her husband/wife would be a blessed person.

She is,

@GraceBestowed, thanks for the recipe... grin grin
GraceBestowed:

Golly! Milk, cheese, cream, yoghurt, ice cream, etc ..

I also love pastries, baked products; they go well together, actually; apple pie & ice cream, waffles & cream, milk & cookies, cheese buns ...

It is well!

The bold I like, as for others like cream, ice cream, etc I can't because I'm lactose intolerant.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 11:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
manny4life:

She is,

@GraceBestowed, thanks for the recipe... grin grin

The bold I like, as for others like cream, ice cream, etc I can't because I'm lactose intolerant.

Thanks, and you're welcome!! I take cooking seriously, I even have a secret ingredient no one knows about.

I can drink milk for Nigeria, and England combined!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
I'm tolerant to ALL foods.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 22, 2013
GraceBestowed:

Thanks, and you're welcome!! I take cooking seriously, I even have a secret ingredient no one knows about.

Wow!! You must be a milk factory then. I can only drink milk for California undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by manny4life(m): 12:02am On Apr 22, 2013
GraceBestowed:

Haha, it's good u take cooking seriously, but one thing I know is a woman can NEVER do shakara for me when it comes to cooking. grin grin grin If she no cook, I go enter kitchen, cook am myself..

I wish I had the stomach and body like you guys do, I just can't stand milk. When I drink whole milk or any other milk, I literally throw up, the only milk I can stand is 2% reduced fat and I have to measure what I drink so it doesn't mess me up. As for cream, whether its ice cream o, cake, whip cream, or even the pastry spread, or whatever, that's a big no no for me.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by manny4life(m): 12:03am On Apr 22, 2013
CFCfan: I'm tolerant to ALL foods.

Lol... we know say u fit chop anything, after all, you don dey eat Pancake and Baked beans..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 12:03am On Apr 22, 2013
CFCfan:

Wow!! You must be a milk factory then. I can only drink milk for California undecided

LoooL! You're a trip!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 22, 2013
Arrrgghhhh I hate milk tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 22, 2013
manny4life:

Haha, it's good u take cooking seriously, but one thing I know is a woman can NEVER do shakara for me when it comes to cooking. grin grin grin If she no cook, I go enter kitchen, cook am myself..

I wish I had the stomach and body like you guys do, I just can't stand milk. When I drink whole milk or any other milk, I literally throw up, the only milk I can stand is 2% reduced fat and I have to measure what I drink so it doesn't mess me up. As for cream, whether its ice cream o, cake, whip cream, or even the pastry spread, or whatever, that's a big no no for me.
awwww....ajebutter grin

a guy who can cook? quite impressive. My brother is yet to learn how to make eba.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by manny4life(m): 12:08am On Apr 22, 2013
ItsModella:
awwww....ajebutter grin

a guy who can cook? quite impressive. My brother is yet to learn how to make eba.

Lol.. ajebutter ko, ajebutter ni... Who dash me.. grin grin

Yes o, I can cook, as a young bachelor, you get tired of eating out, if its not pizza its one other thing. Making a decent meal can be cost friendly and healthy at the same time, and need I say admirable.. grin cool

Ask your brother to enter kitchen and make sure you teach him how to cook.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 12:08am On Apr 22, 2013
manny4life:

Don't worry, lactose doesn't make the world go round! We still have our chin-chin, pancakes, waffles et al

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 22, 2013
GraceBestowed:

LoooL! You're a trip!

Na so I see am o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GraceBestowed(f): 12:09am On Apr 22, 2013
ItsModella:
awwww....ajebutter grin

I just kent shout!! LoooL, he has you, abi?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 22, 2013
manny4life:

Lol.. ajebutter ko, ajebutter ni... Who dash me.. grin grin

Yes o, I can cook, as a young bachelor, you get tired of eating out, if its not pizza its one other thing. Making a decent meal can be cost friendly and healthy at the same time, and need I say admirable.. grin cool

Ask your brother to enter kitchen and make sure you teach him how to cook.

Gbam! Wiser words have rarely been spoken. Tell it to the length and breadth of America, from Massachusetts to California.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by manny4life(m): 12:12am On Apr 22, 2013
GraceBestowed:

Don't worry, lactose doesn't make the world go round! We still have our chin-chin, pancakes, waffles et al

I enjoy my waffles and pancake jor, as for chin-chin, surprisingly, I think I still remember how to fix it. As for beef patties aka meat pie, my mom showed me how it's done and can still do it. Those pastries I still can remember, very good substitutes.. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (3547) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.