Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,773 members, 7,882,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 11:28 AM

Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke (24532 Views)

Share Your Prayer Request, Nairaland Pastors Will Pray For You / Where Can I Get "Alone With God" By Bishop Francis Wale Oke / Encounter The God Of Signs & Wonders With Bishop Francis Wale Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

The word is not your word so you dnt tell how it should be preached !Yours is just to accept the word if you care and believe.
Pastors are not government but can show you how in the bible you can be employed effortlessly. If it delays,it could either be God want's to prepare you very well before giving you that Job or bizness or you should watch ur inside. For the fact that you come to pray every day in church does not make you a christian.
Come to think of it,these pastors employ workers in the vine yard ! And with these universities springing up all over Nigeria,i think the pastors dnt work there but people they have employed and pay well ! But little wonder u guys still want to kill them for establishing these schools and allowing masses to be gainfully employed yet i hear you say they dnt create jobs !
God help us

My brother, plz pass the weed.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
nollywood20:

[size=28pt]Millions of the jobless youths in Nigeria are members of these churches and the pastors have no plans to employ them or even create cottage industries for the employment of their jobless members. But they know how to collect tithes and offerings.

Pastors don't need private jets to spread the word of God in these days of INTERNET.
[/size]
The word is not your word so you dnt tell how it should be preached !Yours is just to accept the word if you care and believe.
Pastors are not government but can show you how in the bible you can be employed effortlessly. If it delays,it could either be God want's to prepare you very well before giving you that Job or bizness or you should watch ur inside. For the fact that you come to pray every day in church does not make you a christian.
Come to think of it,these pastors employ workers in the vine yard ! And with these universities springing up all over Nigeria,i think the pastors dnt work there but people they have employed and pay well ! But little wonder u guys still want to kill them for establishing these schools and allowing masses to be gainfully employed yet i hear you say they dnt create jobs !
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by vicade(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2012
Why use medicine for another mans headache.

The question should be posed to church members. In most cases, the church members of these private jet pastors ARE NOT COMPLAINING O. People complaining are those who don't attend such churches. Professionals attend these churches and if you think they are being brainwashed to drop money, that's ur opinion.

On another note, its amazing how no one raises an uproar when governors use tax payers money to build hotels and buy private jets,Range Rovers etc.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by rusher14: 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

God help us
That's the arrogance we talk about.
The pastors employ? I thought it was the church, silly me.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by rusher14: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2012
vicade: Why use medicine for another mans headache.

The question should be posed to church members. In most cases, the church members of these private jet pastors ARE NOT COMPLAINING O. People complaining are those who don't attend such churches. Professionals attend these churches and if you think they are being brainwashed to drop money, that's ur opinion.

On another note, its amazing how no one raises an uproar when governors use tax payers money to build hotels and buy private jets,Range Rovers etc.
That many slaves kept mum while in bondage doesn't make the practice right.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2012
ogaju007: Keep giving abi.... when countries are breaking barriers and discovering new things, technology and stuff. we are there reading about another country's 2000 year old history. what a waste of human capital.
We will get better than all those things u mentioned !
We can not be faster than God!
True riches,wealth and honour come from God !
God bless us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2012
vicade: Why use medicine for another mans headache.

This comment is as senseless as it is sad. So we have now reduced our pastors to no better than the corrupt government officials they rail against? Politicians dont come to us with the bible... pastors do and their punishment will be far worse.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
rusher14:
That's the arrogance we talk about.
The pastors employ? I thought it was the church, silly me.
We are co creators with God ! If i have said pastors employ,'christians understand that that i mean God gave me the wisdom,resources and powers to do so !
If you ask me and i say not God but me ,then if u like to judge me pls judge me ! Wen christ made reference of himself as God the scribes and the pharisees shouted; BLASPHEMY !
Dnt get me wrong,God is lord over all !
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by jobaskia(m): 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
If all the private jet being owned by pastors and other peeps is combined together in value. Is it not enough to fix our electricity problem once and for all?

We keeping saying we are poverty stricken. It is wickedness of the highest what are leaders are doing to us. And for the MOG to show exemplary leadership they are equally misbehaving.'Love their neighbour as yourself should be our guiding principle' but it is far away from it.

God is watching us all oh
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by TableLeg(m): 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Jet can not be bigger than the brother u asked this question if he is a true christian ! Stop calling pple moro.n i beg u 'my felow christian brother' God help us
Did i ask you the question?
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by vicade(m): 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
rusher14:
That many slaves kept mum while in bondage doesn't make the practice right.

Slaves and bondage in this case are relative. To you they are slaves. To them they are believers. To you they are in bondage, to them they are sowing a seed by faith.

You cannot liberate a slave till he admits he's a slave. And I doubt many believers see themselves as slaves.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2012
davidylan:

This comment is as senseless as it is sad. So we have now reduced our pastors to no better than the corrupt government officials they rail against? Politicians dont come to us with the bible... pastors do and their punishment will be far worse.
But u are not the ones to punish them. Did they steal from you ? I thot u say dey stole from God ! Were u compelled to give if you hav ever given ! Let God judge them. I give also but am not complaining becos i know wen to give to God,HIS work and to d man of God. If i give to the man of God,anything wey him like make him do with the money.If i give to God's work or give to God,HE does what soever HE pleases with the money. If HE allows pastors to steal HIS money,how does it concern me. If God can't fight them now or does not want to ask them,then who am i to do so !
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2012
Table Leg :

Did i ask you the question?
I am sorry my broda. But i know you can still be used by God !
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by rusher14: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

We are co creators with God ! If i have said pastors employ,'christians understand that that i mean God gave me the wisdom,resources and powers to do so !
If you ask me and i say not God but me ,then if u like to judge me pls judge me ! Wen christ made reference of himself as God the scribes and the pharisees shouted; BLASPHEMY !
Dnt get me wrong,God is lord over all !
God help us
The arrogance I speak of is the following:
" The word is not your word so you dnt tell how it
should be preached !Yours is just to accept the
word if you care and believe."
Who are you to tell what is opinion, conviction or calling is?
Please check your prints before it leads to your downfall if it hasn't done that already.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
vicade:

Slaves and bondage in this case are relative. To you they are slaves. To them they are believers. To you they are in bondage, to them they are sowing a seed by faith.

You cannot liberate a slave till he admits he's a slave. And I doubt many believers see themselves as slaves.
Believers had long bin called slaves right from the days of christ even b4 then ! It is by faith in the word of God we do what we do ! As the Roman catholics do what they do by faith in what they believe,as the muslims do what they do in what they believe in so does the memebers of these churches do what they believe is scriptural !
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by vicade(m): 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
davidylan:

Did Oyedepo or Oyakhilome collect money from you ? If their members choose to sow a seed by faith with their hard earned money, its their belief. Whether they reap the fruits of the seed is for them to say and not for the critics.

If my colleague at work sells his car and gives the money to Deeper Life in the name of sowing seed, it is his belief and his alone.Only he can complain same way only the church members can complain cos only them know if they are reaping the fruits.

In summary,IS IT YOUR MONEY ?
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

But u are not the ones to punish them. Did they steal from you ? I thot u say dey stole from God ! Were u compelled to give if you hav ever given ! Let God judge them. I give also but am not complaining becos i know wen to give to God,HIS work and to d man of God. If i give to the man of God,anything wey him like make him do with the money.If i give to God's work or give to God,HE does what soever HE pleases with the money. If HE allows pastors to steal HIS money,how does it concern me. If God can't fight them now or does not want to ask them,then who am i to do so !
God help us

you obviously have never read past the book of st john. If you did you would not make such an unbiblical statement that on the surface sounds "humble" but is nothing but a lie from the pit of hell.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
rusher14:
The arrogance I speak of is the following:
" The word is not your word so you dnt tell how it
should be preached !Yours is just to accept the
word if you care and believe."
Who are you to tell what is opinion, conviction or calling is?
Please check your prints before it leads to your downfall if it hasn't done that already.
I am so sory rusher 14 ! i will check my words and prints to see if i am deviating. Holy spirit pls help me !
God help us all
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
vicade:

Did Oyedepo or Oyakhilome collect money from you ? If their members choose to sow a seed by faith with their hard earned money, its their belief. Whether they reap the fruits of the seed is for them to say and not for the critics.

If my colleague at work sells his car and gives the money to Deeper Life in the name of sowing seed, it is his belief and his alone.Only he can complain same way only the church members can complain cos only them know if they are reaping the fruits.

In summary,IS IT YOUR MONEY ?

Please see my response to mko2005. There is no point rehashing the truth for those who are wilfully blind and need their pastors to scratch their itchy ears. Many of you excuse your pastors not because of your humility but your own greed.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by miqos02(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
MAYOWAAK: . We were transforming lives, giving them beauty for ashes. We were empowering people, equipping them with the revelation knowledge of God’s word that lifts men out of the pit of poverty, to the pinnacle of grace and dominion! We were empowering the poor, not only giving them fish to eat but also teaching them how to fish. We were building schools that were giving quality education to the people, empowering them mentally to become prominent (these include those throwing stones at us now!). We were building universities. We were transforming our society, and changing our nation, one soul at a time,” he said.

Oke wondered what Nigeria would have been if not for the efforts of Pentecostalism in the country. “They have seen a few jets. They ain’t seen nothing yet! More of us will yet buy and maintain our jets, because, by the mercy of God, we have been given the wisdom to do so. And we are willing to teach the nation, if they will listen to us, rather than throw stones.

ITS ALL ABOUT THEM, NOT JESUS

1 Like

Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2012
davidylan:

you obviously have never read past the book of st john. If you did you would not make such an unbiblical statement that on the surface sounds "humble" but is nothing but a lie from the pit of hell.
What is lie and unbiblical allowing God to judge those who steal from HIM !
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2012
miqos02:

ITS ALL ABOUT THEM, NOT JESUS
If they take the glory,let God judge them ! If they stael from us in the name of God,let God judge them still !
God bless us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by vicade(m): 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
davidylan:

Please see my response to mko2005. There is no point rehashing the truth for those who are wilfully blind and need their pastors to scratch their itchy ears. Many of you excuse your pastors not because of your humility but your own greed.

Is it your Money ?
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by mko2005: 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2012
davidylan:

If my pastor tell me what is not scriptural but negative,i know and i will object using the word of God.
But if i know little or nothing concerning the word of God,what so ever the man of God says whether scripturally speaking or humanly speaking,i won't know where to go or what to do. If i do anything it will be either i swallow everything he says hook line and sinker or i start to NEGATIVELY object becos i lack the knowledge of the word as some of us here on NL DO !
God help us
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by REVOLUTNIS: 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
plappville:

Please go and sleep, very annoying comment, what is criticizing here? *as usual, close your mouth and let the ♪♪♪ continue to play* not everyone can be decieved. You sound like of those exploiting the poor people of God with treatening words by using *tithe*.

Why should wealth, physical prosperity, materials be the center of todays gospel?
u are already deceived...
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by adedayo07: 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2012
While some people out there use thier resources, time and energy for the propagation of the gospel, and building of mosques, some are there propagating how they will destroy properties and kill their fellow human being. I think we can choose the best out of the two.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by PastorOla1: 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
We are all called to do the work of God here on earth!
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by REVOLUTNIS: 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
davidylan:

WHAT DOES UR BOOK OF "ST. JOHN" SAYS?
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
bknight: Utterly disappointing to read...

If I attended his church, reading this will be d last time in his church..but watch some NLers in blind defense of this arrogance.
Only God knows the truth..sometimes newspaper twist and distort people statements in order to make sales and fool the masses..they may have misinterpreted and misrepresented his statements.
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by cyril83(m): 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2012
m.k.o2005:

If they take the glory,let God judge them ! If they stael from us in the name of God,let God judge them still !
God bless us
how are you my broda,lemme quickly take you to d book of ecclesiastes :if you love money and wealth you will never be satisfied with what you have this doesn't make sense either,your money won't do you "MOG" any good,they came into this world naked and when they die they will be just as naked,they can't take anything with them and they won't have anything to show for all their work.they leave d world just as they came into it,that's terribly unfair coz they gained nothing from running after the wind *sigh* thank God for ecclesiastes...stop defending MOG,they are jst human as you are
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by ipswitch: 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2012
Damboroba!!!Y not more jets? Buying jets is d main call!!!! Each person must find his/her own call!!
Re: Pastors Will Buy More Jets – Bishop Francis Oke by cyril83(m): 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
vicade:

Is it your Money ?
they struggle just to have enough to eat but we are never satisfied,we may be sensible yet we are no better than a fool...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am A Freemason, Feel Free To Ask Me Anything On Freemasonry / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian / Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.