Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:59 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11148465 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (7856) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
Transcoorp fit close for 5:50, anyway, am muving it to long term things

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

U wan buy market from e-spirit?

Car park tinz bruv. Till June 2015.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
Abeg make una no dey shorten evilspirit name.

It's EVILSPIRIT! Not e-spirit. E no dey hard now we go begin see iSpirit.

Abeg pay homage.

angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
natruetalk:

to buy oando no be problem now. have we factor the possibility of future share reconstruction
Why should Oando even consider reconstruction? They might have alot of outstanding shares but its nowhere near those of Transcorp, and most of our banks, Yet none of them is talking of reconstruction. In any case, I think any post-cop reconstruction of oando shares would have a positive effect on its share price. Reconstruction of a company's shares is not always a bad thing, provided the company has good prospects, in which case there would always be lesser offer at the floor of NSE than in pre-reconstruction era. Most people don't really know the actual implication of the COP purchase in terms of annual profit. My only fear is with transcorp and elections. I know alot of our politicians have huge stakes in this company and might sell to finance election primaries. My fear is not whether but when to buy more of transcorp. If I were sure of an election induced fall in price, I would wait for that fall. If not its to buy before their oil stuff starts.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by securi: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dexterax: Abeg make una no dey shorten evilspirit name.

It's EVILSPIRIT! Not e-spirit.

Correct yearn o,befoire ppl go think say na better 'e'

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mascotlawman: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
myjoy08, i respect ur courage. keep the fire burning. thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4dchairman(m): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Transcorp elevated to HOLD.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gabscity(m): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
This blood eterna oil is sharrrring! Hmmm!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
See as dem set trap for transcorp today

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mpeace: Why should Oando even consider reconstruction? They might have alot of outstanding shares but its nowhere near those of Transcorp, and most of our banks, Yet none of them is talking of reconstruction. In any case, I think any post-cop reconstruction of oando shares would have a positive effect on its share price. Reconstruction of a company's shares is not always a bad thing, provided the company has good prospects, in which case there would always be lesser offer at the floor of NSE than in pre-reconstruction era. Most people don't really know the actual implication of the COP purchase in terms of annual profit. My only fear is with transcorp and elections. I know alot of our politicians have huge stakes in this company and might sell to finance election primaries. My fear is not whether but when to buy more of transcorp. If I were sure of an election induced fall in price, I would wait for that fall. If not its to buy before their oil stuff starts.

Sincerely, i think the issue of Oando's doing share reconstruction is out of the way. There is no reasons or immediate reasons attached to it. A company with less than 9 billion outstanding shares with many upside potentials and assets acquisition compare to other company of its caliber. I will suggest will move to a very lucrative topics. God bless!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
4dchairman: Transcorp elevated to HOLD.

Downgraded, you mean...

"An Essay on the Stochastic Transcorpian Conversion from a Trader to an Investor"

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
Elai147:

Are you trying to tell us exchanging debt for equity will not lead to an increase in shares outstanding? How is this possible?
It would not lead to increase in outstanding shares. It is called ''arrangement and compromise'' or in extreme cases,''takeover'' in corporate law. In this case, I suspect its a takeover ie Oando is now the new owner of OER. They simply bought it with the loan they gave to OER. It doesn't add to outstanding shares but simply increases the value(ie share to asset) of each share.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why hold when you could have moved your money out for the upcoming bear where better meat go dey; Transcorp go move below 5
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinibe7777: 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
Elai147:

This is the last known number of shares outstanding. By the time the deal is sealed and if there are further conversions of debt to equity, we will know the real amount of outstanding shares and the extent of dilution caused.
the creditors of OER are oando plc, local and international banks. local and int banks have provided about US$800 MILLION towards a deal of US$1.65B while oer and oando plc provided the rest which is almost 50:50 debt equity ratio. majority of the equity provided by oer was loan from oando plc which oando plc converted to equity. Now tell me after the deal, is it the loan from the banks that will be converted to equity? No. that is why oando plc will raise N50B via right to reduce the bank debt and to raise this N50B after cop, do u think they will sell more than 2Billion shares?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
zendi:

You no worry about transcorp wey get 40b shares, e come be oando with tasere 8b. You no see dangcem with 17b shares de do fine. When we get near the bridge we go begin talk of how to cross am. Most of us na chronic speculators. We somersault with the market as situation warrants.

Btw, if they're sharp, and announce cop deal asap, they'll do the rights issue at a much higher price, occasioning minimal dilution.

no plan to buy either of d stock when am ready to enter mkt as they are out of my target price.

plenty of fish in d river bro

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
Elai147:

This is the last known number of shares outstanding. By the time the deal is sealed and if there are further conversions of debt to equity, we will know the real amount of outstanding shares and the extent of dilution caused.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mpeace: Why should Oando even consider reconstruction? They might have alot of outstanding shares but its nowhere near those of Transcorp, and most of our banks, Yet none of them is talking of reconstruction. In any case, I think any post-cop reconstruction of oando shares would have a positive effect on its share price. Reconstruction of a company's shares is not always a bad thing, provided the company has good prospects, in which case there would always be lesser offer at the floor of NSE than in pre-reconstruction era. Most people don't really know the actual implication of the COP purchase in terms of annual profit. My only fear is with transcorp and elections. I know alot of our politicians have huge stakes in this company and might sell to finance election primaries. My fear is not whether but when to buy more of transcorp. If I were sure of an election induced fall in price, I would wait for that fall. If not its to buy before their oil stuff starts.

The probability of Transcorp doing share reconstruction is much higher but the fact still remains that Oando has a high number of share outstanding (and increasing). I am not anti-Oando but the truth need to be said for the sake of naive investors who may require these information when doing due diligence. You cannot compare the share outstanding of a banking stock to that of a stock in the Oil and Gas sector. Check the outstanding shares of the other stocks in that sector and you will know why Oando has a high outstanding number of shares. Reconstruction can sometimes be favourable but how many favourable share reconstructions have we had in the NSE?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mpeace: Why should Oando even consider reconstruction? They might have alot of outstanding shares but its nowhere near those of Transcorp, and most of our banks, Yet none of them is talking of reconstruction. In any case, I think any post-cop reconstruction of oando shares would have a positive effect on its share price. Reconstruction of a company's shares is not always a bad thing , provided the company has good prospects, in which case there would always be lesser offer at the floor of NSE than in pre-reconstruction era. Most people don't really know the actual implication of the COP purchase in terms of annual profit. My only fear is with transcorp and elections. I know alot of our politicians have huge stakes in this company and might sell to finance election primaries. My fear is not whether but when to buy more of transcorp. If I were sure of an election induced fall in price, I would wait for that fall. If not its to buy before their oil stuff starts.

u're right of d reconstructing thinz bro. but not in nigeria here they use it to rob off shareholder. just hope our regulation can do something to this in future angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
mercylicious: Transcoorp fit close for 5:50, anyway, am muving it to long term things

Madam na greed worry u; u had ur chance today

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinibe7777: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
austinibe7777: the creditors of OER are oando plc, local and international banks. local and int banks have provided about US$800 MILLION towards a deal of US$1.65B while oer and oando plc provided the rest which is almost 50:50 debt equity ratio. majority of the equity provided by oer was loan from oando plc which oando plc converted to equity. Now tell me after the deal, is it the loan from the banks that will be converted to equity? No. that is why oando plc will raise N50B via right to reduce the bank debt and to raise this N50B after cop, do u think they will sell more than 2Billion shares?
Remember the 5 yrs FREE TAX FGN GIVES PIONEER UPSTREAM BUSINESS COMPANIES, which seplat is enjoying now, oando will enjoy it too. and this tax runs to billions of naira which will just be credited to oando bottom line.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
Elai147:

The probability of Transcorp doing share reconstruction is much higher but the fact still remains that Oando has a high number of share outstanding (and increasing). I am not anti-Oando but the truth need to be said for the sake of naive investors who may require these information when doing due diligence. You cannot compare the share outstanding of a banking stock to that of a stock in the Oil and Gas sector. Check the outstanding shares of the other stocks in that sector and you will know why Oando has a high outstanding number of shares. Reconstruction can sometimes be favourable but how many favourable share reconstructions have we had in the NSE?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinibe7777: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
Elai147:

my brother we are talking facts and figures here. whether pro-oando or anti oando just keep it aside. try to study the difference between OER and Oando plc. Oando plc is not traded in canada. wale is not the MD/CEO of OER. am not really a good teach to explain this well. oando plc shares are different from OER shares. OER is one of the companies that will greatly increase the bottom line of oando plc. eg transcorp is one of the companies that will great;y increase the bottom line of heirs holdings ltd

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
myjoy08:

Sincerely, i think the issue of Oando's doing share reconstruction is out of the way. There is no reasons or immediate reasons attached to it. A company with less than 9 billion outstanding shares with many upside potentials and assets acquisition compare to other company of its caliber. I will suggest will move to a very lucrative topics. God bless!

A common reason is to boost the company's share price. As we all know, that a company has a high number of share outstanding does not mean it's a bad investment candidate. Depending on the company, there could be a possibility of share buyback which is a good sign. Also, the upside potentials due to Oando's Cop assets acquisition will be a remarkable one with good management.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
austinibe7777: the creditors of OER are oando plc, local and international banks. local and int banks have provided about US$800 MILLION towards a deal of US$1.65B while oer and oando plc provided the rest which is almost 50:50 debt equity ratio. majority of the equity provided by oer was loan from oando plc which oando plc converted to equity. Now tell me after the deal, is it the loan from the banks that will be converted to equity? No. that is why oando plc will raise N50B via right to reduce the bank debt and to raise this N50B after cop, do u think they will sell more than 2Billion shares?

Yes it will be in the range of 2 - 2.5 Billion shares but this will increase the number of shares outstanding.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
The main down side of a company with hight outstanding shares is inability to declare bonus shares and low EPS. Seplat has 500 million shares compared to Oandos 9 billion shares
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
austinibe7777:

my brother we are talking facts and figures here. whether pro-oando or anti oando just keep it aside. try to study the difference between OER and Oando plc. Oando plc is not traded in canada. wale is not the MD/CEO of OER. am not really a good teach to explain this well. oando plc shares are different from OER shares. OER is one of the companies that will greatly increase the bottom line of oando plc. eg transcorp is one of the companies that will great;y increase the bottom line of heirs holdings ltd

Bros I know the difference between Oando and OER and it has nothing to do with the quoted post. The post was talking about Oando's high number of outstanding shares. I like Oando but I don't allow emotions to affect my judgement. Even though I sold my holdings, I will still be a shareholder in this company because I trade with it regularly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
bigass: The main down side of a company with hight outstanding shares is inability to declare bonus shares and low EPS. Seplat has 500 million shares compared to Oandos 9 billion shares
is that so? Only 500mil shares wow this company has a high bonus shares potential. But the price(though commensurate to number of shares)dey fear me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinibe7777: 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
Elai147:

Yes it will be in the range of 2 - 2.5 Billion shares but this will increase the number of shares outstanding.
It is makes more economic sense than cost of financing higher debt. cost (interest and mgt fees)of financing their debt runs into billions of naira. using that money to feed more mouth is better. cost of equity is much cheaper than debt.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mpeace: It would not lead to increase in outstanding shares. It is called ''arrangement and compromise'' or in extreme cases,''takeover'' in corporate law. In this case, I suspect its a takeover ie Oando is now the new owner of OER. They simply bought it with the loan they gave to OER. It doesn't add to outstanding shares but simply increases the value(ie share to asset) of each share.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't digest that part of @Austinibe7777 before I replied to his post. He did state that it was the loan OER owed to Oando that was converted to equity, which cannot increase Oando's outstanding shares.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
bigass: The main down side of a company with hight outstanding shares is inability to declare bonus shares and low EPS. Seplat has 500 million shares compared to Oandos 9 billion shares

and FO 1billion share
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
myjoy08: http://www.cnbcafrica.com/video/?bctid=3690707184001

The outcome of MPC meetings...

are you ambitiousr on SMN?

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (7856) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: smasher1(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.