Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,328 members, 7,900,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 05:02 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11240691 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (7913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 9:29pm On Aug 09, 2014
@Elai, my oga, palm oil is not only a good source of vitamin A, but also has been serving as a traditional neutraliser of poison from time immemorial. Palm oil cannot be over consumed. So, in fact, I recommend 5 liters of pure refined Okomuoil per day for everyone

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fulfillment2020(m): 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 10:59pm On Aug 09, 2014
Monkey hunters full this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 12:55am On Aug 10, 2014
presiade: @Elai, my oga, palm oil is not only a good source of vitamin A, but also has been serving as a traditional neutraliser of poison from time immemorial. Palm oil cannot be over consumed. So, in fact, I recommend 5 liters of pure refined Okomuoil per day for everyone
It is obvious you have shares in this company. See investor!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
Today is dry!
Well too much of making money and no rest makes bnstl dull people.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
Welcoming back the bear

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
angry
Toluway: It is obvious you have shares in this company. See investor!
Thou sayeth! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Toluway: if you are very good in computer and and online activities, start from Meritrade. If you are not, get a manual broker aroung you. They are found everywhere. I would have recommended ibtc in case you want to go manual, but their minimum is #5m. Goodluck.
Thank you. How do I open and operate meritrade?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ugosample: Thank you. How do I open and operate meritrade?
Try this https://www.meritrade.com/register.php

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
Indeed its been a quiet wknd. As an aside, I can only imagine what type of commentary would make a mod do this: https://www.nairaland.com/1850029/how-married-woman-almost-seduced/1 grin shocked
Wish everyone a green portfolio in the week ahead.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:33am On Aug 11, 2014
PunchAM
You are here: Home / Business / Foreign investments in NSE rise to N705bn

Foreign investments in NSE rise to N705bn

In spite of the activities of the extremist religious sect, Boko Haram, in Nigeria, foreign investors are showing increasing interest in the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

Investigations by our correspondent showed that in the past few months, there have been increasing transactions by foreign investors in Nigerian shares and stocks.

At the beginning of the year, analysts had raised concerns that the growing level of insecurity in the country might affect investments by the foreign investors, but the reverse seems to be the case.

At the end of the first six months of this year, foreign investments in the NSE stood at N705.15bn, representing 60.84 per cent of total transactions in the period.

The NSE said, “Foreign Portfolio Investments increased by 31.59 per cent from N89.67bn in January 2014, to N118bn in June 2014. This was just as domestic investors ceded about 4.64 per cent of trading to foreign portfolio investors as domestic transactions decreased from 50.72 per cent to 48.87 per cent over the same period.”

Between January and March 2013, the foreign transactions on the NSE totalled N217.57tn, representing 42.7 per cent of the total N510.1bn worth of transactions recorded in the three months under review.

The April to June period in the same year witnessed a total of N365.07bn worth of foreign transactions, bringing the total investment by foreign investors as of June 2013 ending to N582.64bn.

A breakdown of the NSE data made available to our correspondent on Friday by the NSE showed that the lowest transactions by foreign investors occurred in January this year, as N89.67bn was invested by foreign investors that month.

In February, N136.28bn was invested by the foreigners, while N130.55bn was staked March 2014.

The data showed that in the months of April and May, N138.79bn and N91.86bn was invested, while N118bn was invested in June, bringing the total to N705.15bn as of the first half of the year.

The amount is almost twice N453.91bn invested by domestic investors for the same period.

The Chief Executive Officer, NSE, Mr. Oscar Onyema, confirmed that the foreign investors were showing increasing interest in the Nigerian market, notwithstanding the security challenges and other issues affecting the economy.

This, he noted, was as a result of various steps taken by the market regulators to ensure that investments were protected.

He explained that while the improved regulatory environment had impacted the market positively, retail investors were not as active as they were before the financial crisis.

“We have seen strong and improved participation from foreign investors and local institutional investors, but local retail investors are not as active as they used to be,” Onyema said.

He said that the NSE was trying all it could to ensure that domestic investors also showed matching interest in the market.

“In line with one of our core strategic pillars for enhanced market performance and growth, that is instituting a strong investor protection framework, we have reconstituted the Board of Trustees for the Investor Protection Fund to protect local

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 4:25am On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Avantajj: 4:40am On Aug 11, 2014
Good morning everyone. I know Neimeth is not liquid but I was just wondering if it is time to buy say @ N1.05 for a N2.20 target price in say, one month
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iyaayi(f): 6:43am On Aug 11, 2014
Pls, am planning on putting some money on oando this morning, for capital appreciation in long term. Will it be worth it?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by coldFLARES1(m): 7:30am On Aug 11, 2014
Avantajj: Good morning everyone. I know Neimeth is not liquid but I was just wondering if it is time to buy say @ N1.05 for a N2.20 target price in say, one month
Yes! 100 percent is possible on Neimeth in 2 weeks and not 1 month. You better go try gambling or sports betting

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 7:45am On Aug 11, 2014
passwelle: Indeed its been a quiet wknd. As an aside, I can only imagine what type of commentary would make a mod do this: https://www.nairaland.com/1850029/how-married-woman-almost-seduced/1 grin shocked
Wish everyone a green portfolio in the week ahead.

Bros you wont understand what people face in the religious section..any small thing na ban..i even know of a guy that was banned till the year 3989...am currently serving a ban by a crazy mod till next year..check my status or profile..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:18am On Aug 11, 2014
iyaayi: Pls, am planning on putting some money on oando this morning, for capital appreciation in long term. Will it be worth it?
oando worth it, oando and many other stock will put smile on the investors face before one year. Buy oando, do not be afraid.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:18am On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2014
Forte Oil – They released an impressive 2014 H1 results last week Friday that saw pre – Tax Profits rise 150%. The share price ended up flat but expect some movement here as momentum and positive sentiments will play it’s part.

Conoil – They topped the gainers chart last week gaining over 20% following its N4 dividend announcement as well as its impressive results. It is unlikely that the share price will gain that much again but I do expect some movements upwards in the beginning of the week and southwards by the end of the week.

GT Bank - They usually release their half year results late because it is audited and used as a basis to pay interim dividends. If they announce either this week, expect their share price to rise or drop depending on the strength of the announcement.

NEM Insurance – Many consider this stock the next big mover. It is yet to release it’s 2013 Full year results and neither has it released any this year. Nevertheless, many expect to see something that will drive the share price up. So, might it be this week that they will make an announcement

Transcorp – I expect some price movement for this stock this week. Sources inform me of a major impending announcement which may affect the share price positively or negatively.

These are my 5 stocks to watch this week. What are yours?

http://web.nairametrics.com/stocks-to-watch-this-week-11-15-august-2014/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2014
Avantajj: Good morning everyone. I know Neimeth is not liquid but I was just wondering if it is time to buy say @ N1.05 for a N2.20 target price in say, one month
I dnt tink so. Check their price history n PAT

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2014
Some pple here be witch! grin
Yem0350:
Cutix, because dey wil definately declare a gud dividend by oct. They av woderful results. Very soon, the company will make annoucement abt their coperate action. Do ur due intelligence and enter @ a gud price.
Cutix Plc has declared a dividend of 12kobo per share for the year ended 30 April, 2014. Below are the details of the corporate action

Proposed Dividend: 12 kobo
Proposed Bonus: Nil
Closure Date: To be Advised
AGM Date: To be Advised
Payment Date: To be Advised
AGM Venue: To be communicate To be Advised.

Source is Proshare
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 9:29am On Aug 11, 2014
Chibuking81: oando worth it, oando and many other stock will put smile on the investors face before one year. Buy oando, do not be afraid.

Thats what we have been saying since 2012. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 9:31am On Aug 11, 2014
Josh121:
Forte Oil – They released an impressive 2014 H1 results last week Friday that saw pre – Tax Profits rise 150%. The share price ended up flat but expect some movement here as momentum and positive sentiments will play it’s part.

This is a stock that will surely make their shareholders smile. Lets see how today will be. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 9:33am On Aug 11, 2014
passwelle: Some pple here be witch! grin

Cutix Plc has declared a dividend of 12kobo per share for the year ended 30 April, 2014. Below are the details of the corporate action

Proposed Dividend: 12 kobo
Proposed Bonus: Nil
Closure Date: To be Advised
AGM Date: To be Advised
Payment Date: To be Advised
AGM Venue: To be communicate To be Advised.

Source is Proshare

For me notin fantastic about a 6% dividend yield for a coy that is very illiquid..

anyway maybe I will be proved wrong this time around that it will do 30% on this result

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:40am On Aug 11, 2014
Corporate Earnings for the Week Ending 8/8/14

1. CONOIL declares N3.1billion PAT in '13 Audited result

2. MRS declares N315.4million PAT in Q2 '14 result

3. FORTEOIL declares N3.1billion PAT in Q2 '14 result

4. CAVERTON declares N1.6billion PAT in Q2 '14 result

5. MULTIVERSE declares N183.4million loss in Q2 '14

6. UPL declares N57.5million loss in Q1 '14 result

7. ROYALEX declares N806.3million PAT in '13 Audited

8. AIRSERVICE declares N22.8million PAT in Q2 '14 result

9. ROADS declares N136.97million PAT in '13 Audited

10. CUTIX declares N207.1million PAT in '13 Audited result

11. UNIONDAC declares N41.94million PAT in Q2 '14 result.

12. STUDPRESS declares Nmillion PAT in Q2 '14 result

13. OKOMUOIL declares N1.73billion PAT in Q2 '14 result

14. JAPAULOIL declares N345.45million PAT in Q2 '14

15. CORNERST declares N586.89million PAT in Q2 '14 result

16. SOVRENINS declares N553.88million PAT in Q2 '14 result

17. DANGSUGAR declares N6.84billion PAT in Q2 '14 result

18. CAPHOTEL declares N28.2million PAT in Q2 '14 result

SOurce: @proshare
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 9:45am On Aug 11, 2014
Nigerian Stock Exchange:

1. ROYALEX Declares 5kobo Dividend per Share

2. CUTIX Declares 12kobo Dividend per Share

3.NNFM Declares 40kobo Dividend for the Year Ended 2013

4. CHAMPION hits new 52wks low, investors dump shares

5. ABCTRANS records lower breakout on sustained sell

6. UBN: Investors & Shareholders dump shares

7. What next for Oando Plc Investors? ( If you ask me, na who i go ask grin)

8. FLOURMILL Declares N2.10k Dividend and 1 for 10 Bonus

9. ROADS Declares 60k Dividend per Share for the Year

10. SOVRENINS Announces Details of Proposed Rights Issue

11. CADBURY Revenue Declines by 12.1% YoY in Q2'14; HO

12. WAPCO Officially Announce a Change of Name to Lafarge Africa Plc

Source: @proshare

Enjoy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 11, 2014
Josh121:

Conoil – They topped the gainers chart last week gaining over 20% following its N4 dividend announcement as well as its impressive results. It is unlikely that the share price will gain that much again but I do expect some movements upwards in the beginning of the week and southwards by the end of the week.

GT Bank - They usually release their half year results late because it is audited and used as a basis to pay interim dividends. If they announce either this week, expect their share price to rise or drop depending on the strength of the announcement.

NEM Insurance – Many consider this stock the next big mover. It is yet to release it’s 2013 Full year results and neither has it released any this year. Nevertheless, many expect to see something that will drive the share price up. So, might it be this week that they will make an announcement

Transcorp – I expect some price movement for this stock this week. Sources inform me of a major impending announcement which may affect the share price positively or negatively.

These are my 5 stocks to watch this week. What are yours?

http://web.nairametrics.com/stocks-to-watch-this-week-11-15-august-2014/

Am looking to enter Nem, but the price no wan hit 76k which I plan to enter.
I planned to re-enter transcorp during the closing hours of friday, but suddenly the bid started going up , up, up and closed at 5.57 .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 10:09am On Aug 11, 2014
mercylicious:

Am looking to enter Nem, but the price no wan hit 76k which I plan to enter.
I planned to re-enter transcorp during the closing hours of friday, but suddenly the bid started going up , up, up and closed at 5.57 .

NEM was N0.76k some time last week. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2014
Pls, dnt rust into Cutix yet. PD may happen for some time now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:04am On Aug 11, 2014
Yem0350: Pls, dnt rust into Cutix yet. PD may happen for some time now.
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (7913) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: coinbrood, freshwalta, Nemenma, Emndy(m), megawealth01, seyisanya(m) and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.