Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,734 members, 7,875,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11125485 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (7840) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
Dexterax:

Oga kotlass, as per issues involving Dragonking and bigmoma, I'd advise you let them do their thing. Theirs is a love-hate relationship.

Okay o. Make them no vex. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Moneysage: Seems NSEMPA is back and better...thanks to Oando and lipsrsealed

@gabscity and dsonofmaan: Your wining no get part2 grin

@Oga Kotlass: Greetings!

Now, I know that NSEMPA is not the powerhouse of NSE daily activities, but if our Prophets could tell us something about HONYFLOUR, FIDSON and AFRIPRUD or help in dragging them down..."T'will be nice" smiley

I like this your new style......breeze in and chip in some words of wisdom. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 18, 2014
SWG1: http://www.easykobo.com/News.aspx?id=5417
c&ileasing shareholders opted for IPO instead of selling part of the company's share to raise fund.

oga bivins has won. this is hope for d trapped ones. bt who will buy d po @50k wen d price is already atd park?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 1:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 18, 2014
passwelle: For the Oxygen faithful grin
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tinubu-in-oando-we-are-pursuing-aggressive-upstream-plan/186566/

Very good interview...something tells me the interviewer is heavy on units of Oando; his questions were direct and were the sort @4dchairman and @myjoy08 would ask grin

Anyways, WT has always had a sweet mouth. I just wish people would stop getting too excited and get things in the right perspective and stop speculating on unrealistic short term gains. Oando is a stock for the future.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 5:19am On Aug 18, 2014
The following stocks have been identified on our watch list for the week and are expected to witness significant price movements or major announcements.

Conoil – Coming into Monday last week, Conoil plc topped the gainers chart as news of its N4 dividend payments was greeted with some frenzy. The share price rose from N65 to about N75. By the end of last week the share price had dropped back to N65 following its 2014 Q1 and Q2 results. The results which showed a 33% drop in profits for the first half of 2014 did not please investors. In fact, some Investment houses valued the stock at about N30 far from its N72 selling price and indicating a sell off is in the offing. The stock is scheduled for mark down on the 26th of August so I expect further price correction this week.

GT Bank – Last week, I had hoped the company will release its half year results and also announce dividends. It did not so the share price remained between the N29 and N30 territory. I included amongst stocks to watch this week as I expect results to be announced this week.

Premier Breweries – This stock came from nowhere last week to top the chart of stocks with the best return gaining 37%. The company as far as I know hasn’t released any results since December 2012 yet the share price gained traction last week. The volumes were down and doesn’t suggest any major rally, however just like Jos Breweries did last year this may just be another wonder stock all guns blazing.

Royal Exchange Assurance – The Insurance company released its Q1 results last week posting a profit after tax of N122million compared to N112million the year before. It isn’t very much but as “kobo” stocks go this may just be another one of them rallies. The share price gained 5.6% last week. The company also proposed 5kobo dividend payable in September 2014.

Oando Plc – Oando shaved off Forte Oil (which gives an earnings presentation this week) on our watch list this week as we also expect an imminent announcement from the company. The share price has averaged N26.7 as the market awaits any significant announcement that can influence a rally or a further price correction.

Others of Note

Dangote Cement, Nascon, Dangote Sugar, GSK Plc, FBNH, Forte Oil, Transcorp, Mansard Plc, Courteville

http://web.nairametrics.com/stocks-to-watch-this-week-august-18th-22nd-2014/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by austinibe7777: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2014
upstream investors are willing to pay more for Oando shares. watch out!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2014
austinibe7777: upstream investors are willing to pay more for Oando shares. watch out!!!!!
Pray, where have these investors been prior to and since the past 2 weeks?
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 9:11am On Aug 18, 2014
^^^
They've been swimming downstream since. They just came to themselves.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:22am On Aug 18, 2014
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 9:24am On Aug 18, 2014
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kevostica(m): 10:21am On Aug 18, 2014
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kevostica(m): 10:22am On Aug 18, 2014
austinibe7777: upstream investors are willing to pay more for Oando shares. watch out!!!!!

HOW?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 18, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Call Enyeama
who is that??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:37am On Aug 18, 2014
Moneysage: Seems NSEMPA is back and better...thanks to Oando and lipsrsealed

@gabscity and dsonofmaan: Your wining no get part2 grin

@Oga Kotlass: Greetings!

Now, I know that NSEMPA is not the powerhouse of NSE daily activities, but if our Prophets could tell us something about HONYFLOUR, FIDSON and AFRIPRUD or help in dragging them down..."T'will be nice" smiley

It would be strange if you get this below 3.15
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:42am On Aug 18, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

It would be strange if you get this below 3.15
On the NSE, anything can happen. The S in NSE should actually be strange.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:46am On Aug 18, 2014
what of when the upstream investors are not willing to pay more, what will happen?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 10:52am On Aug 18, 2014
Dexterax: ^^^
They've been swimming downstream since. They just came to themselves.

grin

Bros what this Abuna vilus will cause eh will make upsteam go downstream . I dey laff like David Moyes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:05am On Aug 18, 2014
I sold off all my Oando share last week, but will enter later, maybe toward the end of this year or earlier next year, oando is the stock for future, its really a stock for long term investment plan. My believe is these, 1. no one will sale performing business that gives him greater income , 2. Any one that buy non- performing business need time and money to develop the business to perform greatly 3. At any development stage, the company income decline to give way for the future greater income, I still maintain that oando is a good stock, not for short term, but for long term (the price will still drop before moving up by next year). Transcorp passes this stage to come up from 50k to #5.6 and will still move further, okomu oil is also at development stage, likewise Japaul oil.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2014
Chibuking81: I sold off all my Oando share last week, but will enter later, maybe toward the end of this year or earlier next year, oando is the stock for future, its really a stock for long term investment plan.
Maybe just maybe this is the Coolone grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 11:13am On Aug 18, 2014
passwelle:

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:14am On Aug 18, 2014
The 09.08.14 prophet.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2014
passwelle:
I guess you're right. by their comment we shall know them

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2014
Dexterax: The 09.08.14 prophet.

grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin For ur info new date is: 09.08.2015

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2014
Dexterax: The 09.08.14 prophet.

grin grin grin

Anyways like I typed on SMN, that date is till valid. Just change the date string format accordingly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2014
Short term wise investors pay themselves greater dividend before the company dividend arrive, a case study of Conoil #4 dividend, some got #10 by selling their share before the announcement, when the share rose from 65 to 75, due to people expectation of dividend, one need no prophet to tell him that the company dividend can not be upto #10, so the best thing to do is to pay yourself by yourself.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2014
Dexterax:

Anyways like I typed on SMN, that date is till valid. Just change the date string format accordingly.

There's also a brand new metric for the evaluation of prophecies: performance-to-maturity. The values are dimensioned in days and can range from zero to infinity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2014
Dexterax:

There's also a brand new metric for the evaluation of prophecies: performance-to-maturity. The values are dimensioned in days and can range from zero to infinity.

I've been working on another metric which should describe the condition that emerges when the prophet begins to question the prophecy. I'm not sure what to call it yet.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2014
Dexterax:

I've been working on another metric which should describe the condition that emerges when the prophet begins to question the prophecy. I'm not sure what to call it yet.

Possible names include:

+ the Coolone coefficient;

+ the anti-prophetic constant; and

+ the prophetic margin of error

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 11:34am On Aug 18, 2014
Dexterax:

Possible names include:

+ the Coolone coefficient;

+ the anti-prophetic constant; and

+ the prophetic margin of error

Do you have a hairy chest?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:34am On Aug 18, 2014
Dexterax:

as my people would say, magana ya kare.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 11:36am On Aug 18, 2014
Dexterax:

retrograde prophenalysis

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (7840) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.