Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:39 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11115995 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (7834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
A few investment tips.
1. Spread your investment across different sectors and dont get stuck by following the crowd. For example, many are focussing on the banks now but ignoring the juicy opportunities in oil and gas.

2. You may not always be able to buy choice stocks at the lowest price but you can spread your risk by buying over a period of time. Buy at a good price and buy more after the stock price drops again. I have decided to buy some now and buy more after elections. Different stocks hit their low prices at different times.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
I did the same as well i sold my oando and fbhn bt @ 24 and 15 , but thank God i didn't listen after missing 2 bull rallies , then i was able to make some money on zenith and gtb

NSE.. u cannot predict the market , everyone dey try to outsmart each other and take the risk to buy before election

While some are waiting after
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kagame: 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
@Chibuking81

I am the only one that appreciated your post .I "liked" your comment.
People please appreciate Chibueze. He needs our encouragement.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Kagame:
@Chibuking81

thanks brother, we are B&SITL, we are all here to help one another, to grow our investment and to make money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
Pls let somebody that know somebody who know our belove brother Ihedioramma to help me inform him that the time has draw nearer and almost here with us, so that he can review his goal post and position himself well well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
Waking up small small.

JI mode about to be activated. Need to watch tomorrow market.

All thanks to oga Myjoy08, Chibuking81 and other Ogas.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2015
gentop1:
Management of morgan capital has to look into this because this charges are not ask by other stock brokering firm and not official.Also there are some crooks in the firm,the management must look into this or else they would spoil the integrity the company is planning to build

Please don't generalise. If you have any issue with them, take it up with their staff and seek clarification. I have used 2 stockbrokers prior to opening acct with Morgan, i can tell you they are the best so far for me (It can't be so for everybody).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 6:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
presiade:
Good day all. Please has anyone processed his/ her share transfer form (for signature mandate to be sent to the registrar by broker) through Morgan Capital before? They said they will charge N200 processing fee per stock and N1000 service charge.
To my knowledge, other brokers don't charge for this service, at least my other broker does this free.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MilikiAgent: 6:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
gentop1:
Management of morgan capital has to look into this because this charges are not ask by other stock brokering firm and not official.Also there are some crooks in the firm,the management must look into this or else they would spoil the integrity the company is planning to build
Can you prove the highlighted if tasked by a court? Dont hide behind the anonymity of this forum to make blatant accusations. If you feel something is fishy take it up with the management or the NSE/SEC. In my opinion Morgan asking for 200 isnt too bad a deal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MilikiAgent: 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
presiade:
Good day all. Please has anyone processed his/ her share transfer form (for signature mandate to be sent to the registrar by broker) through Morgan Capital before? They said they will charge N200 processing fee per stock and N1000 service charge.
To my knowledge, other brokers don't charge for this service, at least my other broker does this free.
I have. They had not introduced this charge then.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gentop1: 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Base on your subjective opinion i guess you might be part or a faithful agent of the so called crooks in the firm but i sent my comment base on the question asked by ( presiade )which i believe is objective.why are they asking for services charges and also processing fee when account is charge for by CSCS at the transaction stage?Are they going to issue a receipt for this charges or fee? Also other firm do not ask for this charges or fee.This is the bone of contention and it must be answered.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
MilikiAgent:

I have. They had not introduced this charge then.
Thanks. So you are saying they have just introduced it, right?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
From the look of things, you certainly will be coming forward!

Chibuking81:
People suppose to appreciate my effort in this forum. Not till the end of the world before the appreciation will come. With my knowledge and experience I started my announcement since last year about the stock crash. Just a day before yesterday day stockbull suggested that I should hold on for a while and go through my previous post, I discover the following; (1) I stated last year that stock will fall more than half of its price before election. I sold my Oando #27 and now Oando is #13+, half of the price, transcorp was sold at #6 as of then and now transcorp is below #3 the half of the price then, UBA #8 then and now below #4, Eterna #5+ then and now #2+ half of the money, FBN #16 then and now #8, conoil #60+ then and now #32 almost half, and many others. (2) I stated during that period that the best time to buy is one week before the election day and one week after election. Still yet uptill now many fail to appreciate my work but only to abuse, there seen to be traffic as a result of many that want to take position in the market starting from yesterday, but as for me am still holding on a little at my junction, and may likely shift my goal post come front either before saturday or next week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
mercylicious:
una too much oooo.
hw i wish i have cash.

tnks fo d small bull and morgan.
i offloaded my iei today grin

The ff stocks on my mind, transcorp, eterna, skye and ccnn.
am still trying to make a decisn.

imagine!
while i was trying to make my decision, the bull carry d first 3 dey enter express.
Anyway, good thing no dey finish. After d bull comes d bears.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
mercylicious:

imagine!
while i was trying to make my decision, the bull carry d first 3 dey enter express.
Anyway, good thing no dey finish. After d bull comes d bears.

...For me, i will choose Skye and Transcorp grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kevostica(m): 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=Processor01 post=31962321]From the look of things, you certainly will be coming forward!

[/quote

What will be the fate of the market if Buhari is disqualified to contest?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=Kevostica post=31963110][/quote]

He wouldn't be disqualified. The election will hold as stated. The worst scenario is that the case will be suspended or adjourned. Let your mind be put at rest grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
myjoy08:
JULIUS BERGER NIGERIA PLC
CLOSURE OF REGISTER – YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2014
Proposed Dividend N2.70 per share
Proposed Bonus Nil
Closure Date 1st June 2015
AGM Date 17th April 2015
Payment Date 18th June 2015
AGM Venue Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja @ 11.00 a.m.

Road 2015 go rough for this company oo. As e be say CAPEX for our budget don turn to little or nothing ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
We need to look at non banking stocks with good prospects.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
otokx:
We need to look at non banking stocks with good prospects.

You can help your brothers and sisters in the Lord by listings some and we will do our due diligence. We are always ready grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MilikiAgent: 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
gentop1:
gentop1:
Base on your subjective opinion i guess you might be part or a faithful agent of the so called crooks in the firm but i sent my comment base on the question asked by ( presiade )which i believe is objective .why are they asking for services charges and also processing fee when account is charge for by CSCS at the transaction stage?Are they going to issue a receipt for this charges or fee? Also other firm do not ask for this charges or fee.This is the bone of contention and it must be answered.
Ogbeni you need to find somewhere to park.
I have quoted your 2 last posts above just so you can reread them. There is nothing objective about throwing libelous accusations at members of staff of a company you are quick to identify publicly on the internet. It is either you do not understand the meaning of the words you are throwing around or you are a crook. Does your bank give you a receipt for the Bankers confirmation? You take your time and bear the transportation costs of going to your bank to get this, they charge at least #1,000 for each one. Yet you want MorganCapital to delegate a member of their staff to take your BC to the registrars office and because they will charge you #200 for this, you call them crooks. Do you know the cost of transport to go from their office to any registrars office anywhere in Lagos? Do you think #200 can cover the logistics alone? What about the time of the individual? If other firms do not charge the #200, stick to the other firms.
Your libelous post is baseless and I expect the mod and Seun to look into this. Apologies to other forum members for the long post.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sokijosh: 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
Kagame:
@Chibuking81

cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:47am On Mar 25, 2015
MilikiAgent:

Ogbeni you need to find somewhere to park.
I have quoted your 2 last posts above just so you can reread them. There is nothing objective about throwing libelous accusations at members of staff of a company you are quick to identify publicly on the internet. It is either you do not understand the meaning of the words you are throwing around or you are a crook. Does your bank give you a receipt for the Bankers confirmation? You take your time and bear the transportation costs of going to your bank to get this, they charge at least #1,000 for each one. Yet you want MorganCapital to delegate a member of their staff to take your BC to the registrars office and because they will charge you #200 for this, you call them crooks. Do you know the cost of transport to go from their office to any registrars office anywhere in Lagos? Do you think #200 can cover the logistics alone? What about the time of the individual? If other firms do not charge the #200, stick to the other firms.
Your libelous post is baseless and I expect the mod and Seun to look into this. Apologies to other forum members for the long post.

while i honestly respect your right to agree or disagree on any post, i personally still think the poster is making some genuine complaints; i dont want to believe that the OP, an investor would not be able to afford N1,200; he is simply saying this practise from Morgan Capital is a deviation from what he is used to, and of which i agree fully. I would not also discount the fact that Morgan is incurring some cost in this transaction, but i believe that should be categorised under their Operating Costs- every business incurs that. I empathise with you OP and i will suggest you send a mail to MORGAN CAPITAL mngt. i am not expecting a total reversal of this fee, but it just brings to their consciousness that a particular customer is not satisfied. Personally i am getting uneasy about this MORGAN noise and bandwagon effect. You heard of Capital Bancorp, Mertistem etc? MORGAN real time trading platform for the informed is not the first in this industry, its just that they are enjoying free publicity here on this forum and as such they should honestly listen to their dissatisfied customers. And before you crucify me, i am just looking at having a balance between OP and my Oga above, moreso, i have an active account with MORGAN and i personally think they need to do more on customer service. Apologies for the long post.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sophy17(m): 4:43am On Mar 25, 2015
Chibuking81:
People suppose to appreciate my effort in this forum. Not till the end of the world before the appreciation will come. With my knowledge and experience I started my announcement since last year about the stock crash. Just a day before yesterday day stockbull suggested that I should hold on for a while and go through my previous post, I discover the following; (1) I stated last year that stock will fall more than half of its price before election. I sold my Oando #27 and now Oando is #13+, half of the price, transcorp was sold at #6 as of then and now transcorp is below #3 the half of the price then, UBA #8 then and now below #4, Eterna #5+ then and now #2+ half of the money, FBN #16 then and now #8, conoil #60+ then and now #32 almost half, and many others. (2) I stated during that period that the best time to buy is one week before the election day and one week after election. Still yet uptill now many fail to appreciate my work but only to abuse, there seen to be traffic as a result of many that want to take position in the market starting from yesterday, but as for me am still holding on a little at my junction, and may likely shift my goal post come front either before saturday or next week.

To be honest with you, the problem isn't what you have been saying but really the way and manner you have been saying it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TopDown: 4:57am On Mar 25, 2015
cadno:

Sir, am sure if U try reading this tread from page 239 alone self U will marvel abt the amount of wisdom, information, lessons, and skills here. that this your book will duff hat for..thanks anyway for shearing....

What works for you, do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TopDown: 5:01am On Mar 25, 2015
jauntty:
I will be more convinced if I see your portfolio for the last 12months. grin grin

Go to the website: www.stockmoneyz..com .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 6:28am On Mar 25, 2015
sophy17:

To be honest with you, the problem isn't what you have been saying but really the way and manner you have been saying it.

OBJ grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 25, 2015
@Valacious; By genuine complaints, did you mean the labelling them and anyone who doesn't see any wrong in it as crooks? That was the major point of # MilitiAgent.

For me, all I can deduce from the charges popping up here and there (hidden charges if you like) is that it is a pure business strategy. What Morgan loses from brokerages, they gain from extra services. It is left for you to decide to stick to only trading (forget about dividend and registrar/CSCS correspondences) I.e leave out other services. Better still, use your alternate broker for those services.
However, I think we Nigerians don't believe in paying for service. Ideally, service should be billed as well, whether in a restaurant, hotel, company etc. Should an organisation decide to exclude service charges, appreciate them sincerely. Good, If it not already incorporated into the total bill. It is no crime if they charge either. So there is nothing criminal about it. I once paid for requesting a plate, empty one o, lol, for use in a hotel. Also, some restaurants specifically charge you for services rendered. They are not crooks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 8:01am On Mar 25, 2015
presiade:

Yes, infact when i went there last year they didnt know what processed transfer form i had to explain it to them. personally i use Cashcraft to process my registrar things
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 25, 2015
@Gentop1; No vex ehn. Do you have another stock in your other stockbroking account administered by target Registrar? If you do, complete a signature specimen mandate with the alternate stockbroking firm and have it sent to CSCS for onward transmission to the Registrar . You can then visit the Registrar for reconciliation. It will be posted to all the companies you own and administered by the Registrar. Provided you used the same info when buying them.
Btw, Morgan no be crooks because them wan charge you o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by presiade(m): 8:09am On Mar 25, 2015
bigass:

Yes, infact when i went there last year they didnt know what processed transfer form i had to explain it to them. personally i use Cashcraft to process my registrar things
It's ok, thanks. It's just that I want to process for those stocks that are solely in my portfolio with MC, but not in my portfolio with other broker. I may settle for BC which is almost the same price and even faster.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 8:12am On Mar 25, 2015
@milikiagent - pls don't dignify that impostor @ gentop1 with any response again. I just checked his/her profile now and all his/her posts have been centered on attacking the stockbroker

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (7834) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nosa2(m), UncleBone, Mfunkynation(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.