Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,672 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:29 AM

Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert - Phones (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert (358293 Views)

How To Flash/install Custom Roms For Android Devices (S2,S3,S4 E.t.c.) / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Dafa(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
Please house, I need to know how I can make use of samsung/google text to speech on my s4 to read from webpages for me, like it reading write ups from nairaland.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
Dafa: Please house, I need to know how I can make use of samsung/google text to speech on my s4 to read from webpages for me, like it reading write ups from nairaland.

And I thought I was the laziest person in the world.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Dafa(m): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
Stanley08:

lipsrsealed
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by etito: 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
Clean faily used Samsung galaxy S3 and S4 for sale at affordable price call 08168381285 abuja residents only
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by madeit2thetop(m): 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
Stanley08:

pls how do I spot the international version of the s3
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by psalmdave(m): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
How much can one get the s4 mini? and in wat ways is it different from the s4
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Okoronkwomichael(m): 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
Pls how much does a replacement board of galaxy s3 cost?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by naijalodge(m): 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Plz my note 2 dosent respond well to hands but works smoothly with the spen,plz whats the problem.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 12:28am On Nov 28, 2013
naijalodge: Plz my note 2 dosent respond well to hands but works smoothly with the spen,plz whats the problem.

Strange! Wash ur hands! smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2013
OMG! THIS IS NOT A MARKETPLACE!!!!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by naijalodge(m): 9:55am On Nov 28, 2013
Stanley08:

Strange! Wash ur hands! smiley
lol..me tire oo
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
naijalodge: lol..me tire oo

Lol, what else will I say?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by naijalodge(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
I was thinking of getting a screen guard to see if it will work fine but could it be hardware or software
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by OmichaelO: 3:29am On Nov 29, 2013
Hey Stan...nice work
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 6:37am On Nov 29, 2013
O.michael.O:
Hey Stan...nice work

Cheers! smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by naijalodge(m): 8:32am On Nov 29, 2013
I just noticed it only happens at the bottom if my screen . every other area works just fine
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Mykcool(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
pls i need help on unrooting my samsung s3...gti9300
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mykcool: pls i need help on unrooting my samsung s3...gti9300
why do you wanna do that?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2013
Mykcool: pls i need help on unrooting my samsung s3...gti9300

Use 'SuperSU' app from PlayStore (u might already have it installed if you are rooted). Go into the app, click settings and scroll to the end. then use the full unroot option there.

BETTER STILL, Flash a Stock ROM in ODIN from http://samsung-updates.com

Cheers! smiley

kofsy: why do you wanna do that?

FANTASTIC question! Why on earth do you wanna do a thing like that?! Lol.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by johnstar(m): 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
Pls is der anyway I cn root my phone by my self
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 9:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
johnstar: Pls is der anyway I cn root my phone by my self

Lol. What The?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Castos(m): 8:29am On Dec 02, 2013
Swap your s2 with a week used HTC SENSATION 4G running 4.2.2jb. Call 08135199356 in anambra.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by madeit2thetop(m): 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
i tried flashing a custom kernel on my i9300 now am with a dead phone that wont even go into download mode,power on..pls what can i do and what are the rules that guides flashing a custom rom and kernel as well
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by shakaz(m): 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
wow.. Couldn't believe I got hooked to this extent. I just stumbled on this page today and started reading from page one to thirty four. I must confess I ve really learned alot, thanks to stan, and some other folks who even hardly noticed have really contributed immensely to this thread.
I'm a big novice to android devices, and a big guru and die hard fan of symbian remember back in the days of ROMPATCHER+,NORTON, sysbin- hacking tinz..lol. rather than rooting,odim,flash rom,hehehe... I really have to root and upgrade my memory to the latest brain OS... cheesy

Well enough said, let me go down to my problem.. I got a nice deal on samsung galaxy S2 GT-i9100 int'l on ebay seller is from Canada.well after checking its description I realised it's unlocked but any refresh, loss of OS and even Upgrade would lead to the phone being locked again. So please I need your advice on this, would you advice I go for the device and is there any way to permanently unlock it...thanks in anticipation.

Ps: item no. on ebay 261334397623(incase you find easy to check is out for me)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
shakaz: wow.. Couldn't believe I got hooked to this extent. I just stumbled on this page today and started reading from page one to thirty four. I must confess I ve really learned alot, thanks to stan, and some other folks who even hardly noticed have really contributed immensely to this thread.
I'm a big novice to android devices, and a big guru and die hard fan of symbian remember back in the days of ROMPATCHER+,NORTON, sysbin- hacking tinz..lol. rather than rooting,odim,flash rom,hehehe... I really have to root and upgrade my memory to the latest brain OS... cheesy

Well enough said, let me go down to my problem.. I got a nice deal on samsung galaxy S2 GT-i9100 int'l on ebay seller is from Canada.well after checking its description I realised it's unlocked but any refresh, loss of OS and even Upgrade would lead to the phone being locked again. So please I need your advice on this, would you advice I go for the device and is there any way to permanently unlock it...thanks in anticipation.

Ps: item no. on ebay 261334397623(incase you find easy to check is out for me)

To avoid a problem, DON'T buy a potential problem. Cheers! smiley

madeit2thetop: i tried flashing a custom kernel on my i9300 now am with a dead phone that wont even go into download mode,power on..pls what can i do and what are the rules that guides flashing a custom rom and kernel as well

Sorry mate, u flashed a file that wasn't made for ur mobile. And you hard bricked it. Seems like something a USB JIG will fix. Google it and u will know what it is. when u put it into the phone usb port, it will boot into download mode and u can flash a stock ROM then. Unfortunately, USB JIGs are hard to buy in naija, even here in GH.. The only guy I found is about 6 hours away (Kumasi).

Best thing, just give the phone repair guys to Flash it for u. Sadly, they will charge u like 3 to 5K for something u can do urself in 4 mins 4 seconds tongue
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Mykcool(m): 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
I guess I'll stick to d rooting, bt I need to change the custom rom. Help me out wit a gud custom rom n instructions on Hw to do it.. it shows sgh- t999 as model wen I use triangle away
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by JonesK: 11:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
Well done on this thread. I bought a Note 3 today and I want to know the safest way to root. Also how to disable some irrelevant apps that I don't use and zaps my data like magazine etc. Also good must have apps. Pardon my several questions, its my 1st android phone. Thanks in advance.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 1:50am On Dec 03, 2013
Mykcool: I guess I'll stick to d rooting, bt I need to change the custom rom. Help me out wit a gud custom rom n instructions on Hw to do it.. it shows sgh- t999 as model wen I use triangle away

Try Wicked Series ROM. I hear they are great with tons of features... Just confirm that it is right for ur phone first. smiley
===================================================================
Edit: Yes! It is compatible with your phone! I just checked for you! Go here to get it - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1804260 ; also loads of other stuffs to try here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3-t-mobile/development (T-999 S3 ONLY OH!!!!). Just remember to always read instructions carefully.
Remember to Hit 'Thanks' for the Dev(s)! Cheers!

JonesK: Well done on this thread. I bought a Note 3 today and I want to know the safest way to root. Also how to disable some irrelevant apps that I don't use and zaps my data like magazine etc. Also good must have apps. Pardon my several questions, its my 1st android phone. Thanks in advance.

Try http://kingoapp.com and if you like ur warranty, DO NOT upgrade ur phone to any Stock ROM from MJ6 or later. If you flash any MJ6 or later Stock ROM, you will 'PERMANENTLY' lose ur warranty, just like me! sad Cheers! cheesy
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by madeit2thetop(m): 9:48am On Dec 03, 2013
Stanley08:

To avoid a problem, DON'T buy a potential problem. Cheers! smiley

Sorry mate, u flashed a file that wasn't made for ur mobile. And you hard bricked it. Seems like something a USB JIG will fix. Google it and u will know what it is. when u put it into the phone usb port, it will boot into download mode and u can flash a stock ROM then. Unfortunately, USB JIGs are hard to buy in naija, even here in GH.. The only guy I found is about 6 hours away (Kumasi).

Best thing, just give the phone repair guys to Flash it for u. Sadly, they will charge u like 3 to 5K for something u can do urself in 4 mins 4 seconds tongue
thanks for the reply.any idea how i can do it myself?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (166) (Reply)

Tecno L3 Discussion Thread / The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) / Some Useful Nokia Codes & How To Format/Reset Ur Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.