Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert - Phones (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert (357791 Views)

How To Flash/install Custom Roms For Android Devices (S2,S3,S4 E.t.c.) / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by JonesK: 10:02am On Dec 03, 2013
Pls, give me an application that can monitor apps using data on note 3 and disable them b'coz I don't know what is zapping my data
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Zane2point4(m): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2013
experts in the house I greet all of you, I must confess this thread is highly educative and I have learnt a lot,now lemme ask my own question.
I just got my my new samsung galaxy s3 last week and I must say its a pretty nice phone, but I still have this to ask,
is it normal for s3 to get pretty hot below the screen where you have the home key botton and even hotter when I stream online or use my 4G network?
thanks in anticipation for my urgent answer.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
madeit2thetop: thanks for the reply.any idea how i can do it myself?

make a USB JIG. Google it
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by ThePrekky(m): 12:51am On Dec 04, 2013
Zane2point4: experts in the house I greet all of you, I must confess this thread is highly educative and I have learnt a lot,now lemme ask my own question.
I just got my my new samsung galaxy s3 last week and I must say its a pretty nice phone, but I still have this to ask,
is it normal for s3 to get pretty hot below the screen where you have the home key botton and even hotter when I stream online or use my 4G network?
thanks in anticipation for my urgent answer.
Yes it is normal. I use an s3 too and it gets hot around those parts whenever I play games like fifa 14 or use 4g
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by ThePrekky(m): 1:00am On Dec 04, 2013
I have 4 question guys...

How do I upgrade my samsung s3 SGH-T999 with 2gig ram to jelly bean 4.2.2 or 4.3 kit kat (if it's out).. It's my first android phone, been a month old and so I havnt really seemed to settle in to how those things are done (it's at version 4.1.1) at d moment...

also my phone only has allowance to switch from edge to 4g directly automatically or manually... No 3g or 3.5g In between and sometimes it sucks cos of battery.. why is that pls

can s4 battery work in s3?? I really need a stronger battery cos I'm a heavy user nd my battery fights for its life everyday

And finally, How much more cooler is yur fone wen rooted and what are d drawbacks? also where can Iget my phone rooted? Istay in onitsha, Anambra nd I don't think I know anyone who can do that here... doing it myself isn't an option either to avoid totalling my phone

I would be very grateful if you guys cud help me out

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 1:32am On Dec 04, 2013
JonesK: Pls, give me an application that can monitor apps using data on note 3 and disable them b'coz I don't know what is zapping my data

Settings > Data Usage. It's right there!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by saint4ever: 12:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
please what is the recent price for uk used galaxy siii in lagos and sorry for so many questions; is there any big difference beteween galaxy siii and siv?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
ThePrekky: I have 4 question guys...

How do I upgrade my samsung s3 SGH-T999 with 2gig ram to jelly bean 4.2.2 or 4.3 kit kat (if it's out).. It's my first android phone, been a month old and so I havnt really seemed to settle in to how those things are done (it's at version 4.1.1) at d moment...

also my phone only has allowance to switch from edge to 4g directly automatically or manually... No 3g or 3.5g In between and sometimes it sucks cos of battery.. why is that pls

can s4 battery work in s3?? I really need a stronger battery cos I'm a heavy user nd my battery fights for its life everyday

And finally, How much more cooler is yur fone wen rooted and what are d drawbacks? also where can Iget my phone rooted? Istay in onitsha, Anambra nd I don't think I know anyone who can do that here... doing it myself isn't an option either to avoid totalling my phone

Sorry mate, i only support internationla versions. Variants can easily have issues with Sim card lock and the rest. Cheers!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by einsteino(m): 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
i buy dead samsung galaxy phones...note 1, note 2, s2, s3 e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by nani667: 6:40pm On Dec 04, 2013

if you've searched for OTA update and you get nothing you can try updating via Samsung kies on PC.... if that's also unsuccessful I suggest you try rooting your device and install a Custom 4.2 or 4.3 or 4.4 ROM... that's actually the best option...just search XDA forums or use Google

and as for why Your phone switches from Edge to 4G directly (no 3G or 3.5G)...that's because the 4G you see is actually 3G/3.5G...as the concept of 4G in Nigeria is non existent....

and as for the S4 battery I dunno about that....
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by ThePrekky(m): 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Stanley08:

Sorry mate, i only support internationla versions. Variants can easily have issues with Sim card lock and the rest. Cheers!
Ok which ones are variants? as in whats d difference?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by ThePrekky(m): 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
nani.666:

if you've searched for OTA update and you get nothing you can try updating via Samsung kies on PC.... if that's also unsuccessful I suggest you try rooting your device and install a Custom 4.2 or 4.3 or 4.4 ROM... that's actually the best option...just search XDA forums or use Google

and as for why Your phone switches from Edge to 4G directly (no 3G or 3.5G)...that's because the 4G you see is actually 3G/3.5G...as the concept of 4G in Nigeria is non existent....

and as for the S4 battery I dunno about that....
actually the phone isnt the Nigerian version.. it was bought in u.s.by my uncle and is branded by T-Mobile.. I think maybe t mobile is somehow responsible cos over there, they make use of d 4g.

about d battery, ok bro..do they sell extended batteries for samsung in Nigeria?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by gbozy(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
Gud evening guys for the past five days my samsung galaxy s2 tmobile went off and hasn't switched on back since have tried changing the battery, and other stuffs but to no avail, engineers in the house wat can be wrong?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by caukerzee(m): 9:53pm On Dec 04, 2013

@ Bolded. Go to settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile network 3g/4g service then select WCMDA only.

It Wii never switch again. But note, it could drain your battery faster.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by caukerzee(m): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
gbozy: Gud evening guys for the past five days my samsung galaxy s2 tmobile went off and hasn't switched on back since have tried changing the battery, and other stuffs but to no avail, engineers in the house wat can be wrong?
Go report this to a Samsung store/ CC center.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by gbozy(m): 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
@caukerzee went o dey told me dey don't work on customised phones eg tmobile, verizon,rogers etc tanks for ur concern bro
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by caukerzee(m): 11:29pm On Dec 04, 2013
gbozy: @caukerzee went o dey told me dey don't work on customised phones eg tmobile, verizon,rogers etc tanks for ur concern bro
Too BaD bro. That's why its always better to buy an international version of phone models if you live outside those areas where Mobil carrires support the customized models.n Warranty issues.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by nani667: 12:19am On Dec 05, 2013
ThePrekky:
actually the phone isnt the Nigerian version.. it was bought in u.s.by my uncle and is branded by T-Mobile.. I think maybe t mobile is somehow responsible cos over there, they make use of d 4g.

about d battery, ok bro..do they sell extended batteries for samsung in Nigeria?

that's my point sir...T mobile has 4G network over there.... in Nigeria there's no such thing... so like I said...the 4G you see on your device... as long as you're in Nigeria...it's actually 3G/3.5G.....
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by einsteino(m): 2:42am On Dec 05, 2013
gbozy: Gud evening guys for the past five days my samsung galaxy s2 tmobile went off and hasn't switched on back since have tried changing the battery, and other stuffs but to no avail, engineers in the house wat can be wrong?

do this, plug in a charger and connect it to a power source. after 10minutes, place your hands near the camera... if its getting hot near the camera, then i can assure you that your motherboard is fried. if not, it is probably a bad power i.c or your boot information got corrupted hence needs a jtag service.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2013
This is a warning to all Galaxy Note 3 Users. If you have received a notification saying that a new software is available. DO NOT UPDATE IT! This is the worst update ever released for the Note 3 and it causes battery to drain faster. Battery life is NO WHERE as good as what it should be. However, this is only a software issue and should be fixed by the next update! Come back to this thread from time to time, to check when I will tell you that it is Safe to update! This message is meant for those people that bought their Note 3 in Nigeria especially, as I am monitoring the Nigerian updates only and not other regions. Thank you.

This is the Software - N900XXUCMJ7

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PHONE TILL I TELL YOU IT IS SAFE TO! Cheers! smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by gbozy(m): 7:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
@einstieno tanks wats a jtag ? Wud try that nd get back to u, how much cud a motherboard be ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by einsteino(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
gbozy: @einstieno tanks wats a jtag ? Wud try that nd get back to u, how much cud a motherboard be ?

i offer jtag services. A jtag gives you direct access to a phones nand even when the phone cannot come on, thus enabling you to rewrite the boot information and direct access to its dcc. in simple words, it helps ressurect a hardbricked device.

honestly is almost mission impossible to find a motherboard to buy. the price depends on the model of your phone
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by gbozy(m): 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
@eistenieno wats ur location? Me am in ib
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by gbozy(m): 8:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
I hope its not a motherboard issue :-(
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by einsteino(m): 8:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
gbozy: @eistenieno wats ur location? Me am in ib

you are in luck. because am in ibadan right now, but unfortunately i will be going to oyo town tomorrow and from there am off to lagos. but we can work something out if you are not too busy tomorrow
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by gbozy(m): 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
Wat tym wud you be leaving for oyo 2mao,if I can squeeze tym...and wat part of ibadan are staying presently?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by einsteino(m): 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
gbozy: Wat tym wud you be leaving for oyo 2mao,if I can squeeze tym...and wat part of ibadan are staying presently?

am at apete right now. by ibadan poly. i dont know when i would be leaving. lets say as from 2pm.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by gbozy(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
K can u drop ur no so I cud call u if I wud be free to meet u 2mao?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by einsteino(m): 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
gbozy: K can u drop ur no so I cud call u if I wud be free to meet u 2mao?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by gbozy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
Tanks bro
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by nurexfutmx(m): 11:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
@Stanley08, Please I just got a note 2 and the phone looks kinda complicated, can I have ur numb or mail for you to help me out with some stuffs, Thanks

Akoladenurudeen.o@gmail.com, 07068937484
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 12:16am On Dec 06, 2013
nurexfutmx: @Stanley08, Please I just got a note 2 and the phone looks kinda complicated, can I have ur numb or mail for you to help me out with some stuffs, Thanks

Akoladenurudeen.o@gmail.com, 07068937484

What's the issue mate? I'm back in Accra now. I'm at College so i can only attend to you here nowadays...

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (166) (Reply)

Tecno L3 Discussion Thread / The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) / Some Useful Nokia Codes & How To Format/Reset Ur Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.