Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,692 members, 7,882,336 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) (25704 Views)

AY Clashes With Stella-Dimoko As She Reveals More On His 'Troubled Marriage' / Stella Damasus Remembers Jaiye Aboderin 11 After / Stella Damascus Pays Tribute To Late Husband, Jaiye Aboderin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by prettyH(f): 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2005
When i heard bout stella's hussy's ...........gosh i was shocked. Just thot she'd chill out for at least a year.............just u know to take some time off and get herself together. But guess she's done that already. But who r we to judge . If u r nt in d shoes nd ain't walking da mile u don't know so think d topic shd die.

Nd back to Halfijebu's ques is been single cheaper....................hahahahahahahaha...........................why? r u thinking of getting married...............abi u dey fear. U bi ijebu abi .......................so analyse it now. Frankly it depends on d situation. What perspective r u viewing it from .........marriage/business partnership. As they say two heads r better than one but not in all respects. Those in d uk know that men partnerships work well especially financially in sortn out bills but if d other person has nothin to offer ...........believe me u r better off alone cos u don't need a liab on ur neck. It works which ever way u look at it.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Z4M4eva(f): 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2005
I felt for Stella, when I heard about her husband's death, she's a very pretty woman and very talented too.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by tiwa(f): 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2005
I did felt for her when i heard the news. But then i was surprised when i saw her on the t.v with this guy 2face doing the african queen thinggggyyyy. Who is love here?
Seriously i don't understand. I guess she for chill a lil bit after the death i am not bn old fashioned here but then she for show a little bit of respect to her late husband before she starts all.,..... the bitchy things i heard she's doing.
Anyways...... it's her life.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by chocolatte(f): 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2005
Oh no....her hubby's dead

What happened to him?...

Is she bitchy>..she seems like a lovely lady but then again, you guys are in Nigeria so you have more info on these stars.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by tiwa(f): 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2005
Actaully i am not in nigeria. i saw this on Ben tv here in London.
She's lovely, i like her so much until when i heard that she's going out with this she's going out with that..... sad after her husband died it's somehow innit? That's y i said she's kind of bitchy angry.........
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by layi(m): 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2005
Where did she develop the bitchy attitude? Rumor mongers. Did y'all hear any stories about her while her husbad was alive. You should all kno better than believe stories on tabloids. They live on lies.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by christyne(f): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2005
She has her life to live.Life goes on,for hw long is she gonna mourn her hubby?Pls,let her live her life d way it suits her.She has her family to fend for.
Stella, ride on my gurl.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by tiwa(f): 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2005
Guys do not get me wrong all i am saying is that she should try to chill out a lil bit. We keep hearing she's going out with this and that that's not nice is it? Of course if she wants to remarry it's her life she can go on but not for her to start sleeping around that's d whole point. i like all her films and is 'cos i love her that's y i care to see her change.
If you want the case over fine. It's all good
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by HalfIjebu(m): 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2005
"Going out with this and that" Not everything you read or heard is true!!! Tiwa, which side you dey for London sef?
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Busta(f): 10:54pm On Mar 04, 2006
Gosh, I couldn't believe pple are still thinking this way. So she lost her husband, wat is she supposed to do?, mourn him for ten years and abandon everything else that matters to her? won't she and her kids eat or live again?, Wat has happened has happened, her husband is dead and gone and the fastest way i believe for her to get over that is move on.

Moreover, don't believe everything u read in papers or hear or see on TV, no one can ever know wat she is going thru unless they find themselve in her situation. Even if u loose ur husband, ur husband's folks might and might not be supportive but hey, everybody got issues. Thats the way of human beings and I don't think she's done anything wrong and no one shld judge her just because of "hear say"
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by SandyRocks1(f): 11:32am On Apr 03, 2006
Hey! That woman is something else! Beauty and brains defined! She is the best things that has happened to TV in Nigeria oh, she doesnt fake, dam down-to-earth and extremely reseanable in all her conversations.

Only few people can handle the shock of death the way that woman did, it takes only the grace of God.

Stella was obviously overwhelmed by the death of her husband, but hey, is she now to live in the dust for 20years to proove a point? Thats the greatest thing any one can do. she has to stand up and sustain her late husband's businesses.

I love that chic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by ramono(m): 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2006
I think part of the furore over Stella's case is the fact that her late husband's family is very rich(they own Punch newspaper). They believe she married him for money and now he's dead, she's frolicking around. I feel she should have remembered that she still bears their family name and so, strike a balance between her career as a star and her family (nuclear or extended).
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by ToyM28(f): 2:49pm On May 22, 2006
Everybody has seemed to sum up my reply towards dis topic, but halfijebu u're right its time to move on to another topic, Nd yes its cheaper to be single. Trust me i know. cheesy
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by omogenikky(f): 8:14am On Jun 01, 2006
For all you stella fans out there. Read this sincere interview at
http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/952/6/3-Hours-With-Stella-Damasus-Aboderin
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by ciaragirl(f): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2006
i felt bad when i heard it cry
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2006
personally, I think Stella is taking Nigerians for a ride, playing on the young widow thing. contrary to what she has been saying, i hear that Jaye had a girlfriend in South Africa because he was fed up of all her wandering. it appears she was anxious to continue enjoying life as soon as the 40 day mourning period was over. i even hear that the family, contrary to the impression given, stood by her and supported yet she is silent about this in interviews because it is to her benefit if people believe that she is a victimized young widow doing it all on her own. don't forget she's an actress. for me o, her stories just don't add up. what do y'all think about this angle?
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by omogenikky(f): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2006
"You heard" probably from city people, right?

Thats what spoils the world " I HEARD"
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by fabian(f): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2006
Hmm, Nairalanders! You guys are still at it! tongue tongue
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2006
Actually, I didn't hear it from City People, I heard it from someone who was close to their band, Synergy and this person had nothing to gain from telling tales. I believe there's no smoke without fire! Nigerians should shine their eyes well. But the babe fine sha and she's a great actress on (and off!) screen! wink
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by spicy007(f): 5:32pm On Jul 14, 2006
meeen, it takes a whole lot more for a lady to appear in the public, after such a great loss, than it is for her to go into mourning for3 months or more. harsh as it may be, life must go on. and its true, who knows waht she goes through at night all alone, with noone to console her. and who also knows the battle the Aboderins are waging against her. what if she wasnt given a dime after his death. there are a lot of issues we forumites dont know about Stella, so before we jump to conclusions on how soon she ought to appear in the public, we need to give her a break.

i say its her life and she knos how best to live it, cos noone can live it for her.
she's still in her 20's for goodness' sake. let the poor beau be o.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by omogenikky(f): 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2006
Jaynie:

Actually, I didn't hear it from City People, I heard it from someone who was close to their band, Synergy and this person had nothing to gain from telling tales. I believe there's no smoke without fire! Nigerians should shine their eyes well. But the babe fine sha and she's a great actress on (and off!) screen! wink

Doesn't make it any better. I have seen people tell tales about other people even when they had nothing to gain. The fact that someone was close to someone's family or band or anything does not make the person the absolute source.
Do you know where that person's loyalties lie.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by fikky(f): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2006
u guys should leave d woman alone.i've found out dat whatever one does in life,ppl must talk.so it will do us alot good if we ignore d rumours & let beautiful lady be. wink
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Cleofel(f): 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2006
I AGREE WIT U.
HE IS DEAD N GONE SO I THINK STELLA MUST GO ON IN LIFE,SHE CANT MOURN HIM THE REST OF HER LIFE.
DONT U GUYS THINK SHE MAKES A VERY NICE COUPLE WITH RMD(the most handsome man in nollywood).HE ALSO LOST HIS WIFE. wink cool
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by MrLoverMAn(m): 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2006
Any got a picture of Stella Damasus-Aboderin.

Am curious to know what she looks like
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by soccerchic(f): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2006
I second that Lover boy, Who is this Stella D? Please a picture will be nice. Thanks
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by diyobdw(f): 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2006
here is stella pick
And her side of the stor it kind of long and raw fact real!

(http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/952/1/3-Hours-With-Stella-Damasus-Aboderin.html)
I mean i believe her!

Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 18, 2006
i think she's a good actress

and if its about the husband's money as far as Synergy the band is concerned they started that band together they both sang i remember they were invited for my hostels pageant night then stella was fat still fine but a lot bigger.

later on jaiye aboderin diversified into corporate entertainment seriously high-class. he was the voice behind "hello this is MTN' and synergy was being hired for corporate events.

later on he left synergy in the hands of his wife

All these so-called rumors about stella are only came when she started acting, there is hardly a movie actress who has had such rumors.

i suppose the real grouse is that jaiye let his wife be herself, so she would go out on her own, club if she wanted to that's how they trusted each other. so it was easy for rumor mongers to say her hubby didnt know what she was upto etc.

i am acquainted with her and i can tell you one thing she is the most downtoearth celebrity i have met even casually.

she'll gist with you naturally no airs or graces.

and i have met a lot of celebrities at my gym and she is just not the same.

i used to joke with a friend and fellow dancer who happens to be her salsa instructor that soon city people will say both of them are having an affair grin

cos people are so cheap when it comes to rumors

she wasnt born a celebrity let her live as a human and mourn her late husband as she wills. she lived with him not we
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by diyobdw(f): 8:49am On Aug 22, 2006
feeling u! as far has i know stella is a normal hippy & friendly chick!
Jaiye Neva would have had it beta!

They were a cuople i look'd up to, i must confess!
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by pajimoh(m): 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2006
chairman, am so shocked stella lost her husband. in fact you just broke the news to me, thanx.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 11:30pm On Oct 12, 2006
yeah, I know stella too and she comes across as a sweet innocent girl. that's the actress you're seeing! you forget that she is a fantastic actress so it would not be much of an effort to put on any persona she wants. instance - she was spectacular in that film the widow which she shot before the death of her husband. but look how people believed that she needed to have that real life experience to portray the character effectively! the girl's brilliant - she can put on any character she wants. i have seen both sides - I know. so be sure of what u say before you say it. everybody's blinded by that sweet sexy innocent smile. and she sings like an angel to boot! i no blame una sha - how she no go deceive una? sometimes me sef go dey mesmerised when i see her talking on tv and i go dey marvel say this girl get power so! no how, no how sha, i wish her well. [color=#550000][/color]
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by EmemJU(f): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2006
She has to move on, make enough money to take care of her kids and what better time than now that she can play on the sympathetic nature of Nigerians.
I like her but methinks she's too fast on the runs.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by jumoke07(f): 9:05am On Oct 13, 2006
IN AS MUH AS I BELIEVE THAT SHE NEEDS TO WORK SO AS TO PAY HER BILL,I THINK SHE SHOULD HAVE MOURNED HER HUSBAND FOR AT LEAST A YEAR.AFTERALL IT WAS HER HUSBAND THTA ENCOURAGED HER IN THE FIRST PLACE TO CHOOSE THE CAREER,WHILE WILL SHE FIND IT DIFFICUILT TO DO THAT FOR THE HUSBAND SHE CLAIMED TO LOVE DEARLY.
MOREOVER I KNOW THE ABODERINS VERY WELL ,AT LEAST THEY ARE ABIT RICH AND I TRUST THAT THEY WILL NOT LEAVE HER TO SUFFER TALK LESS OF HER CHILDREN.
I WILL ALOSO ADVISE HER TO MIND THE FUNCTIONS SHE ATTENDS AND TRY TO BE MORALLY UPRIGHT FOR THE SAKE OF HER CHILDREN AND THE ABODERINS.
STELLA I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ibinabo Fiberesima's Son, Zion, Shares Photo With His Mother & Brother / Mercy Aigbe Follows Lanre Gentry On Instagram / Mercy Johnson And Juliet Ibrahim Beautiful On The Cover Of Glitz Magazine Latest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.