Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,823 members, 7,969,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:30 AM

What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) (25930 Views)

AY Clashes With Stella-Dimoko As She Reveals More On His 'Troubled Marriage' / Stella Damasus Remembers Jaiye Aboderin 11 After / Stella Damascus Pays Tribute To Late Husband, Jaiye Aboderin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by angelz(f): 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2006
I pray non of u leave a partner u so much luv n dat claim 2 feel d same way about u bhind in dis world, n luking on frm heavn/hell 2 c her entertainin d public barely 2 monts afta u r gone. No 1 is akin her 2 mourn 4 evn 6 monts, bt l dnt tink its 2 much 4 her 2 stay of stage 4 just 3 monts. Obviously she neva ad as much as she claim. She wants 2 b fre n evriwher, now dat d fredom is dia, let's c were it'l lead her. Maybe its true dat beautifl women dnt blong 2 1 man. Its her life sha.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2006
Dear angelaz, first and foremost let me express my sympathy for your loss. i'm glad to hear youre recovering and i can feel that the love still burns deep in your heart. God bless you and yours. like you said you've been there so you know how couples who are deeply in love feel when they lose their partner.

i totally agree that stella should have cooled her heels a bit out of respect. i know the Aboderin family and i know they were there for her when jaiye died and immediately after even when the press were chewing them up and spitting them out. i also know that they offered her their unconditional love and support (financial and emotional). Afterall they paid for the funeral and did everything according to her wishes. i think she may have felt that they would cramp her style which is why she chose to keep them at arms length. and when people suggested that she had to go back to work to make a living for her and the children, that became the excuse for her frequent clubbing and going out to perform so soon. as a matter of fact she didn' have to go out at all - it was her choice and i am saying this authoritatively. theres so much people dont know but its about time someone spoke up. i sincerely believe she was misled by bad influences around her and in her immaturity she did what she thought was best. one thing is certain - the truth will always, always come out in the end. nevertheless i wish her well.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by diyobdw(f): 8:09am On Oct 17, 2006
@Jaynie
That means you would also know that they have family issues that even Jaiye(RIP) couldnt solve?
The truth of the matter is that you cant judge anyone.

What is Mourn'g for anyway? to show "people" you love the one lost right.(people whose view you cant control, who might not even truly care or may change thier stand @ any given time) tongue undecided
There are many ways to show your love for some one.
He was a good feller cry cry there many ways to keep JAY in peoples mind! wink
I dont pray for her experience shocked but i dont support are laying low for a whole year(she'll just turn to nusiance or liability)

it's sad the issue arose but i dont blame her she is human !
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by gazilgasto(f): 11:12am On Oct 17, 2006
she must work to survive thats why
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by diyobdw(f): 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2006
Abi o! cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2006
hi diyobdw
No-one is saying she should lie low for a year. I just feel that she shouldn't have been seen in the company of men so soon, behaving in a way that led to speculation that she was having affairs. We are talking about 3-6 months here! She's young and if she must have an affair/affairs so soon because of her 'needs' she should do it in private as a mark of respect to her late husband. i don't think she should have been photographed in the company of a man/men so soon. That's what I'm trying to say. By all means, she can go out to perform - so what if its a few months after her husband's death. Maybe that's her way of coping with grief. I'm just not comfortable with the 'man issue'.

Or guys, what do you think? God forbid but if anything happened to you, would you be happy if your wife was pictured smiling happily in the company of a man so soon? No excuses about her being a celebrity. Agreed she can perform on stage etc but these men? I don't know o. I guess different strokes for different folks sha.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by JOSSYTEM(f): 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2006
pls lets try and encourage her. her reactions maybe as a result of loneliness. why do u people want to remind her again?
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by vidice(f): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2006
JOSSY TEM:

please lets try and encourage her. her reactions maybe as a result of loneliness. why do u people want to remind her again?
it's true my dear
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by mekoyo(m): 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2006
She mourned her husband for six months. I think that is enough, isnt it?
but i'm quite sure she still missess him.
well she is out there to make money, remeber she has two kids to take care of and she has to give them the best education she can.

make una leave the woman alone staying idle will not bring back her husband.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 12:46am On Oct 19, 2006
Well, as I said, there's so much you all don't know about their relationship before he died. I hate to be cynical but if you consider the fact that she was doing 'her own thing' and was seen with other men even when jaiye was alive (and this is true!), i don't think she is necessarily lonely for jaiye - more for male company! Am i looking for trouble? (heh, heh!) i know y'all are diehard fans so there's no shaking yall from your positions!

But really, what i don't like is the fact that shes using the Aboderins, her husbands family to gain sympathy at their expense. And as I said before, i know they extended their hands of friendship to her both while jaiye was alive and after he died but she's always kept them at arms length because she didn't/doesn't want them in her face. If the family had been nasty to her when jaiye was alive, wouldn't they have been quick to accuse her of jaiye's death as wicked in-laws are wont to do? Theres no way that wouldnt have come out by now if they did. Even stella in her interviews never said this though she did tell some fibs! My conclusion: she's sweet and innocent-looking and talented, but she ain't no saint! She should sell herself and earn her living any way she wants but not at the expense of the Aboderins.

And guys - you haven't answered me yet. So yall wouldnt mind if your wife starts painting the town red 3months after your death (God forbid)?
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by diyobdw(f): 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2006
Like i know you now, got personal beef for stella right?
anyways.
To your question here is my answer question
should she become a lesbian or drop are friends because she lost her husband?
or
become a nun? and pause are life for how long sef?!

be real on this!

The problem with you guys is that you fear or condemn things you don't understand.

And what does stella have to fight the almighty aboderins? (wealth- influence etc)

Its normal to feel beef for someone you don't have control over.

if you have a problem with her , stop the chicky moves, its obvious face the fact
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2006
Please read what I said again carefully and I quote "She's young and if she must have an affair/affairs so soon because of her 'needs' she should do it in private as a mark of respect to her late husband". Thats my beef - nothing personal. By the way, there's even talk about the lesbian thing (heh heh!) they say her manager's a dyke but of course I can't confirm it. Ok, just being mischievous again!

But read what I said again and you will see that I haven't said she should be a nun or lock herself indoors. I only said she should have shown respect for her husband's memory by being a bit more discreet in the early days. And you will notice that I didn't even say she shouldn't have performed in public even after 40 days. After all life goes on. On the whole, I think what I've done is to inject some reality into the whole situation and wake everyone up to the real world instead of that fantasy world of the young, beautiful suffering widow. I'm sorry you fans don't like it. I repeat, she's beautiful, young and talented but she ain't no saint!
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by ladyamazin(f): 9:39pm On Oct 23, 2006
ohh ma God, wats wrong with pple these dayz?, has God appointed man as judge en jury of fellow mankind?the lady has got her lyfe planned en iz living to her own expectations, dnt u guyz think she has all ur views in mind? she knowz there iz gonna b condemnations 4rom every angle en she iz just doin her own thing at her own tyme, en i really suppot that, ope there r sum who feel da same as mi, dnt get mi wrong, am just expressing maself like everyone iz, love yall

smiley kiss
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by bossyqueen(f): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2006
Baby take corrage
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2006
Y'all just don't get it, do you? I give up!!!!!! For now, anyway. She's got y'all wound round her little finger! I know her so well and i'll have to hand it to her - she's good! Got herself packaged so beautifully! But you know something? The truth will always come out! Mark my words. shocked
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2006
Jaynie:

Y'all just don't get it, do you? I give up!!!!!! For now, anyway. She's got y'all wound round her little finger! I know her so well and i'll have to hand it to her - she's good! Got herself packaged so beautifully! But you know something? The truth will always come out! Mark my words. shocked

You should probably read this instead of constantly crying over what you think she should do

Why was there a need for you to go back to work, a decision that sparked the talk that you didn’t observe your mourning period fully?

Anybody who said I didn’t complete my 40 days of mourning before I started working, that person lied. My mum and my aunties took it upon themselves to ask everybody, from elderly people and from his family that knew about the culture. They asked them how many days, what I was supposed to do, the dress code, even something that was against my tradition like frying puff-puff and sharing it to beggars, we really don’t do that where I come from, but it was expected of me and I did it, and waited until after the 40 days before I went to do a job that had been paid for the previous year, long before Jaiye died. And after the death of my husband, nothing was coming, it was only from people, good hearted people that felt that I deserved a life and I deserved to feed my children that help came from and I didn’t expect that to come everyday. Because even after some days, people would have to move on with their life, not have me as an added responsibility, because they all have theirs as well. They could only try but after a while, they expected that at least, there’s somewhere else that help is coming from. But between God, and myself there was nowhere else that help was coming from. My children had to go to school, I had to feed. My husband and I were owing my landlord rent before he died and that was a million naira. There were so many things that we had done, repair maintenance we had not paid for before he died, and nothing was coming, everybody just took off. Nobody called me to say, take, this is half bag of rice. People that you would expect that even if Stella is not in their agenda, at least, my children, Jaiye’s children……I didn’t care what anybody was going to say, but you see these girls, they would never lack for one day, and they would continue to go to school. I didn’t care if I’m living under the bridge, I was ready to leave it all. Infact I’d even said if anybody had come and said give me this or that owned by Jaiye, I was ready to give it up. The most important thing was that, that thing which the enemy was looking for they would not get, my kids would never be hungry because they’ve said that “ah the reason I married him was his big money, now that Jaiye is no longer around, lets see how she’ll survive”, but they will see, I will survive. I started working, I had to, because my mother looked at me and said to me “if you like, stop your life, sit in your room and lock yourself up and cry all day, whether he’ll come back, but what I will never let you do is to let those children go hungry, or to let somebody laugh at you and come and be feeding you at your young age. What if this happened to you at 40 something, and you didn’t have the strength to build your life, how can you make your husband proud?” She kept reminding me every time that if there was anything Jaiye used to say, it was that if there’s anything that he was living for, it was for his family, “to take care of my wife and my children. If I like I will wear rag, so long as my wife and children are looking fine”. That’s what he lived for. And the only thing I can do is to make sure that these children are fine. All those who were saying “Stella you know, I think you should sit down, you cannot be running around looking for work”, I say those people that are misconstruing all these things, have they ever offered me one naira. I should sit at home, fold my hands and let hunger catch me and my children. You that is talking, what have you offered me?

What pained me most was that everyone was concentrating on what people would say about me. I said people would always say one thing or the other about you. “My husband don die, them dey talk, your husband no die, them go still talk”, but at the end of the day, what is important to me are my girls. So I’m ready to go through what anybody wants to do to me, but those children, I will never joke with them. Many people even said” Oh! Its too early to start work”, no problem, who doesn’t like to stretch leg, but bring the money now! To make matters worse, I was banned for acting, so what was I supposed to do? It wasn’t easy o, I won’t lie. I don’t know why they were saying it but people kept saying during the burial, elderly people who came to my house said to me “ better stop crying, cry all you can and clear your eyes because things are going to start happening!” next thing I knew, people were making demands, asking for this and that, and I’m like “e never even reach how long, what’s going on?” and then I understood. At a point if people came to give me things, I was now afraid to accept them, as I didn’t know who was against me or who was for me. That’s how I read that I was dating somebody even during the burial period; I wondered what was going on. Even when Gbenga Obasanjo tried to help me, the next thing I read, was that I was dating him. It was like anyone who extended a hand of help to me was attacked and scared away. I wonder how with people always around me, I could be indulging in such a thing. I said to myself, “do these people think im mad? I just lost my husband, and they were already accusing me of dating somebody, what sort of person do they think I am?”
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2006
Y'ALL STILL DON'T GET IT!!!! [b][/b][i][/i]SHE'S LYING!!!!! [b]Trust me on this (I know you won't!). She's a drama queen and acts beautifully on and off screen!! Nobody left her to starve - she chose to give that impression because people like you would feel sorry for her and offer her sympathy and love!! She was surrounded by love after Jaiye died but it wasn't dramatic enough for her to make a name for herself with. It's more interesting when people think she's being victimised. If you read the current issue of Genevieve magazine, you will see that the truth is coming out little by little. The real Stella is coming through! In fact, if you read all her interviews together, you will find some inconsistencies. This is what happens when you make up stories!
I repeat, THE TRUTH WILL ALL COME OUT IN THE END. GOD IS ON THE THRONE AND HE DOESN'T SLEEP!!!!
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2006
lmao. Kinda sad how obsessed you are with this women.

ok even if she's lying, so what? how does it affect YOUR life?
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2006
Im not osessed with the woman, Im obsessed with the fact that she has successfully hoodwinked a whole nation and then some! Its unfair to them (though you will say they're not complaining!) and it's unfair to the family name of her children and the man she claims to love so dearly! It affects my life because her lies and insinuations have hurt some really nice people very dear to me…Now you're going to say, "no wonder, she's trying to defend the family or words to that effect " . I repeat, God is on the throne. I can't resist this quote from her recent interview, [i]"Nobody knows what goes on when my children ask questions about their dad, demanding to see his pictures and hear his voice. Nobody knows what it is like to come back home to an empty bed with no one to share the events of the day with.[/i]. She continues to milk her audience for all the sympathy she can get! Is she the first widow or even the youngest widow in the country? It's all about me, me, me! Other widows have suffered bereavement and on top of that wickedness from the hands of their husbands family. Stella didn't go through any of this!

I know many people are going to hate me for bursting their bubble of this bittersweet romantic story but try and remove the rose-tinted glasses and see whats really going down! God will judge us all.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by jaybaby(f): 9:31pm On Dec 11, 2006
Story Story
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Jaynie(f): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2006
Wake up and smell the coffee!!! (Sorry for bursting your bubble!)
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Emad(f): 10:01am On Jan 27, 2007
Mourning is done with the HEART not by demonstrating to the WHOLE world that u are mounring and wearing Sack cloth and looking rugged.
SDA has a right to mourn her husband for as long or short as she wants. What is this nonsence about not observing the mourning period? angry angry angry
WHAT MOURNING PERIOD leave her alone , her whole world must not come to a stand still because she lost her husband. angry angry angry
HABA nigerians this is the 21st century, why are youths still talking like people from the 15th century.
What about some people who do not even mourn? is SDA not suffering enough already
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by jaybaby(f): 12:42pm On Feb 06, 2007
Janie------ shocked shocked shocked talking 2 me?
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by bqueen: 3:03pm On Feb 06, 2007
Hello,
its a long talk,i can say i really pity and feel for for stella
but all desame God knows beta and how to father the children and husband to the widow
well i will much ap8 it if we can get her website or email addy.i love her in nigeria movies and in real life,
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by 9ja4eva: 9:05am On Mar 23, 2007
Yeah what a loss.Think shes doing fine now?Shes one of my best actress and her beauty gosh God really created her.LOL smiley
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by spoilt(f): 2:57am On Mar 24, 2007
life is for the living. better be up and doing than cowering in a corner waiting for death to take you too.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by 9ja4eva: 4:55am On Mar 24, 2007
Stella really went thru a lot bt am glad she back and better.Wish her all d goods of life.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by trendy(f): 11:50am On Mar 24, 2007
Same here, am glad she found herself back
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by 9ja4eva: 6:41pm On Mar 24, 2007
Yeap.Read she was going to get married dunno ao soon.Howz ur weekend going?
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by spoilt(f): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2007
please leave SDA alone.
u guys hanging her,dont even know her or her family's affairs. see me see champs oh?
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by 9ja4eva: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2007
Not hanging her.
Re: What's Up With Stella Damascus-Aboderin? (After Husband's Death) by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 12, 2007
Hi every one go to www. google.com and search for three hours conversation with stella. Then u will all stop running ur mouths. Pls know the base of thing before talking. I was once against her, but when I read that I knew we all need not to believe the press, they are LIARS,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wizkid Poses With Rapper Skepta As He Arrives London On Tour With Future / Wizkid (starboy) Celebrates Is 25th Birthday. / D'banj Celebrates Moses2kriss 18th Birthday, Fans Claim He Lied About His Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.