Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,284 members, 7,928,924 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 05:09 AM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (49176 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by elampiro(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Apparently he CRAWLED into the Spanish squad because he has no place in the 1st eleven so long as Xavi, Iniesta and Alonso remain alive and fit.

He was very vital for Spain in last Euro cup. And he has many years more.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

We are talking about those there currently. I can also give you several from years back like Ivan Campo, Robinho, etc

Meanwhile guys like Alonso, DelHorno all came from La Liga to EPL

YOUR BEST DEFENDER Gerard Piqué i Bernabeu came to manu to learn lol

A product of Barça's cantera, he initially left the club for Manchester United in 2004, where he remained for four years,
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
ActiveMan:

this does not happens every week

please check your weekly laliga menu

barca 10 espanyo 0 grin

Whats the biggest scoreline in La Liga this season?

We still had Chelsea vs Aston Villa 8-0 some weeks ago

I am waiting. Don't disappoint please Prove to me there is a knowledgeable EPL fan
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

So are you saying that minus the 17 goals he got assisted, he will just collect the ball from an opponent and go straight and score? So he doesnt get ANY pass from a team mate even if it is from his own half? Dont you know that even if it is Valdes that gave him a pass from his post and he took it from there to the opponents post and score, Valdes gets the assist? Did you start watching football yesterday?
You are a m0r0n of unbelievable proportions. Have you ever seen a Valdes assist? Check Valdes stats and tell me how many assists he had last season. Not every goal is classified as "assisted". Apparently you are the one who just started watching football.

And yes, many of the goals came from "steals" where he dispossessed an opponent. Give it up already.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Paentera(m): 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Thats why players playing Spain NT has won back to back titles(Euro cup and world cup) and England hasnt won anything since Barack Obama was in diapers

lmao grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by sonyjacobs(m): 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Keep enjoying the mediocre matches and leave La Liga fans to enjoy theirs too. I am sure it was EPL fans who first attacked La Liga claiming messi wont perform in EPL

A bore to watch? Go and watch how Bilbao destroyed the EPL perennial champions last season
bros dem dey see like that. Even celtic beat barca. I remember one club maybe rubin khazan dey call dem even beat barca

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
ActiveMan:

YOUR BEST DEFENDER Gerard Piqué i Bernabeu came to manu to learn lol

A product of Barça's cantera, he initially left the club for Manchester United in 2004, where he remained for four years,

Pique went to man Utd because the competition in Barca was too much just like Fabregas
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Shankboye(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

we have given you a task - which spanish import won the golden boot in the premier league? i know of ronaldo, diego forlan and van nistelrooy winning the pichichi in spain when they went there. answer that question and let's call it a day!
. because la liga teams buys epl best players , hav u ever seen any la liga best player move to EPL? Nehin kush baba
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Whats the biggest scoreline in La Liga this season?

We still had Chelsea vs Aston Villa 8-0 some weeks ago

I am waiting. Don't disappoint please Prove to me there is a knowledgeable EPL fan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_records_in_Spain#Goals
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Pique went to man Utd because the competition in Barca was too much just like Fabregas

he went to learn for 4 good years
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: And who asked them to lose a man? Was it Barca that forced their players to play rough and see red? Do you know how football works? So if I give you pressure and you lose your head and get a red card whose business is that? All these silly nonsense propagated by Mourinho and repeated by his fan of zombies.

Pressure? Like Drogba's red card at Camp Nou in 2004? Or Robben's red card in Stamford Bridge in 2006? Watch these matches again and tell me if they deserve red cards...
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by raffite: 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
As for those arguing quality between EPL and LaLiga, I think this FIFA PRO XI tells the whole story.

2012 FIFA PRO XI:

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid);
Dani Alves (Barcelona), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Marcelo (Real Madrid);
Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona);
Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid).
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 9:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
Shankboye: . because la liga teams buys epl best players , hav u ever seen any la liga best player move to EPL? Nehin kush baba

Ask am ooo
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by deeplow: 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
Yes,yes,yes...better football is played in La liga compared to EpL,buh what is the essence of a league that has little or no competition.attendance is zero..most times,when I watch highlights of la liga matches,I get disappointed.u can hardly have an attendance of 5,000 in matches between the lower la liga teams.dat means even their fans aren't interested in watching them.hardly would u find a viewing centre(in nigeria) dat will show a la liga match not involving the giant 2.truth be told,la liga is boring.oh,lest I forget,messi is the greatest player ever.messi till 2016

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davida222(m): 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
Gwazah: Sometimes i wonda if oda people know de protocol being follow 2 giv dis fifa worldbest pls Nigerians lets not be stupit, all national team coachs,/captings, sport journalist 4rm all ova de world voted 4 dis. Y wud a single person tink his ideas or view is de ultimate? Dis is de prb nigerians hav, 2 accept difeat & dat is wat is killing us. STOP CALLING FIFA OJORO THEY DID NOT VOTE DE WHOLE WORLD VOTE.
and yet evry body in the world knw that 2 off the world best Left back play in the EPL
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

Pressure? Like Drogba's red card at Camp Nou in 2004? Or Robben's red card in Stamford Bridge in 2006? Watch these matches again and tell me if they deserve red cards...

please add arsenal VAN PERSIE red card too
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
ActiveMan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_records_in_Spain#Goals

How does this answer my question

Whats the biggest scoreline in La Liga this season and whats the biggest scoreline in EPL this season

The biggest scoreline in EPL this season is 8-0

Whats La Ligas to know the more useless league
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by 1025: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
whether he played well or not, he will win. in 2010, messi and barca had nothing to show for the year. argentina made no impact in the world cup yet he won what more this time. it is a shame that even in 2010, barca presented the 3 best players in messi, xavi and iniester yet they won nothing. this year, they have messi and iniester and they won nothing so how come teams with no players in the top ten won the champions league and domestic leagues respectively?
i am yet to know the basis for winning this award. in 2006, canavaro who played as a defender won it and now messi who scored millions of goals won it.
can someone pls explain this award to me.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

Like I said earlier most EPL fans dont know anything about football, I cant count how many goofs I have corrected in the last 1 hour

Robben didnt get a red card vs Barca in Stamford bridge go and check your records

And Have you watched how Abidal got a red card vs Chelsea in 2009 CL
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
ActiveMan:

please add arsenal VAN PERSIE red card too

Add Puyols red card at the Emirates too
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
deeplow: Yes,yes,yes...better football is played in La liga compared to EpL,buh what is the essence of a league that has little or no competition.attendance is zero..most times,when I watch highlights of la liga matches,I get disappointed.u can hardly have an attendance of 5,000 in matches between the lower la liga teams.dat means even their fans aren't interested in watching them.hardly would u find a viewing centre(in nigeria) dat will show a la liga match not involving the giant 2.truth be told,la liga is boring.oh,lest I forget,messi is the greatest player ever.messi till 2016
If you are abreast of world events, you would know Spain is in a recession. Could that have affected attendance? Think about it.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logix4me: 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
Congrats Leo! He deserves it, though I really wish it was CR7. They both inspire me!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Tunjman(m): 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
Prayer point: may you not be a Ronaldo in Messi's era
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
davida222: and yet evry body in the world knw that 2 off the world best Rite back plays in the EPL

Who are these 2 of the world best right backs?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: You are a m0r0n of unbelievable proportions. Have you ever seen a Valdes assist? Check Valdes stats and tell me how many assists he had last season. Not every goal is classified as "assisted". Apparently you are the one who just started watching football.

And yes, many of the goals came from "steals" where he dispossessed an opponent. Give it up already.

I see no point in arguing with someone who cant keep insults out of his comments. If you dont see the "even if" in my post and discern that the Valdes example there is just what it is - an example, then I dont have anything else to say to you. Thank you.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
Comparing the epl with la liga is like comparing micheal jackson with justin bieber
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by clerkent(m): 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
i taught tonto dike meks d pro xi bt fifa did nt include she.dis is nt fair to nigerians we wil go to appeal court for this
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
1025: whether he played well or not, he will win. in 2010, messi and barca had nothing to show for the year. argentina made no impact in the world cup yet he won what more this time. it is a shame that even in 2010, barca presented the 3 best players in messi, xavi and iniester yet they won nothing. this year, they have messi and iniester and they won nothing so how come teams with no players in the top ten won the champions league and domestic leagues respectively?
i am yet to know the basis for winning this award. in 2006, canavaro who played as a defender won it and now messi who scored millions of goals won it.
can someone pls explain this award to me.

it is determine by fifa jere no mind all this people saying na captain they vote, can all of them come out and tell us who they voted for?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

Barca have never beaten an 11 man Chelsea before. NEVER!!!

FACT: BARCA HAS BEATEN CHELSEA 11 AGAINST 11. IN 2000 UCL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE @ CAMP NOU IN A 90 MIN GAME. PLS GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

I see no point in arguing with someone who cant keep insults out of his comments. If you dont see the "even if" in my post and discern that the Valdes example there is just what it is - an example, then I dont have anything else to say to you. Thank you.
Arguing? You can argue when you have a point; not when you want to expose your ignorance and at the same time want to appear like you know anything. So who just started watching football? You or me?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

FACT: BARCA HAS BEATEN CHELSEA 11 AGAINST 11. IN 2000 UCL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE @ CAMP NOU IN A 90 MIN GAME. PLS GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Technicallty yes and technically no

In 90 mins the game was 11 vs 11 and in extra time Chelseas Celestine Babayaro bagged a red card for a tackle from behind on Luis Figo(iirc)which resulted in a penalty which Rivaldo missed
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chrisley024(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Chelsea won d champions league n none of dia player culd make d FIFA 11! Nawaoo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (33) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Manchester City : FA Cup (1 - 0) On 17th April 2021 / Manchester United vs Atletico Madrid UCL (0 - 1) On 15th March 2022 / Top Five Highest Goalscorers In Premier League, La Liga & Serie A So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.