Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,314 members, 7,928,996 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:20 AM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (49178 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

So was Chelsea still 11 men at that scoreline? grin Mr Football

AS @ FULL TIME OF 90 MINS, WAS THERE A RED CARD IN D MATCH?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:
AND HOW MANY GOALS DID HE SCORE IN HIS 1ST SEASON IN EPL?

I should be asking you that! Btw thats not the point. You said apart from Michu, i should name another striker that migrated from Spain to England before you answer my question. I have given you a name. Now answer mine...
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Xpset: 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

chelsea have won in europe, so have nottingham forest and aston villa. apart from barcelona and real madrid, which other club in spain have won in elite europe? none!!! that's the problem with spain. the top 2 clubs pack the best players in the league and left the others with nothing. how would it look if 80% of the quality players in the premier league all play for man utd and chelsea?

bad belle analysis that's why England dey cari last
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by johnemone(m): 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
Eze Promoe: Congrats to Messi but if he's a real player he should try to play for other clubs. Not playing in all his lifetime where his been fed the ball in his mouth by Xavi and co. Ronaldo won it Man United and is still a contender in Real Madrid. Messi, the one-legged dwarf grin
guy pls dont say dat, he doesnt av to play in oda leagues before he's considered d best. All d same he still has d more assist dan ronaldo so he's beta take it or leave it
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davies123: 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
chic2pimp: The FIFA pro XL is an absolute joke. Lmao

How can Andrea Pirlo with the season he had with Juve and his performances for the Azzuri @ the euros not make the team?

Absolutely Ridiculous. My Dog bingo would have come with a better list than that.

And to worsen the joke they included Pique,maybe for pregnanting Shakira cos I cant think of any other reason

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
& who is michu-an UNKNOWN midfielda 4rm a relegation club?
Lol abi o!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davida222(m): 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Who are these 2 of the world best right backs?
sory i ment Left back. even right bk, if u ask me.. i think the best left bak in the world should be A. cole or Leighton Baines or P.evra.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

I mentioned Kanoute among those that "dominate the scorers chart" in Spain.... I never said he won the Pichichi. Refer to my earliers posts.

If its not by winning but by dominating we can also say Torres ex La Liga dominated, Aguero ex La Liga dominated, Michu ex La Liga dominating Jimmy Hasselbaink dominated
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by fleyboy02: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
shocked messi again...hmmm...dis AGENTINA juju na wa ooo undecided
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by deeplow: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Those are big clubs. Big clubs have big fan bases. Small clubs with financial trouble and having very small fan bases will definitely suffer even more.

Yet again,u've made a valid point.buh,have u tried to compare the attendance in a getafe vs celta vigo match to a getafe vs Barcelona match?the truth of the matter is,despite the recession,they still try to fill d stadium to an appreciable level.to me,that's the only time they think they are promised an entertaining encounter.the koko is that,it is only barca and madrid that make la liga.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

europa cup is a shyte competiton to epl clubs - it's a mickey-mouse cup. the competiton is worthless and it was designed for the poverty stricken leagues. the winner of europa cup takes just €5m = £4m. what would that do to mid table teams in the premier league when a relegated club here nets £40m upwards?

NO WONDER LIVERPOOL AND FULHAM PLAYED HARD TO GET TO THE SEMI-FINAL IN 2010 ONLY TO BE BEATEN BY ATHLETICO MADRID, AND MAN UTD WITH MAN CITY FIELDED THEIR STRONG 11 TILL THEY WERE KNOCKED OUT LAST SEASON. PLS STOP POSTING FLIMSY EXCUSES.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
davida222: sory i ment Left back. even right bk, if u ask me.. i think the best left bak in the world should be A. cole or Leighton Baines or P.evra.

How many errors do I want to correct from these EPL fans in a day.

Only an EPL fan could call Baines and Evra best Left back in the world where we have Coentrao, Marcelo, Lahm etc
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 11:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

AS @ FULL TIME OF 90 MINS, WAS THERE A RED CARD IN D MATCH?

So if you are asked a simple question, did Chelsea concede a red card in their 5-1 lose to Barca, you will start giving all this long story of the particular minute the card was given?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by anigold(m): 11:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
raffite: [size=14pt]Messi won the award in 2010 when it was obvious that he should not. So winning it this year doesn't come as a surprise.[/size]
the truth . Dis is the truth. Messi wil win world best til 2020. Na fifa pigin. Am very sure Iniesta is sad. 2010 was iniesta's year but fifa gave it to Messi. What have a start wil always comes to an end.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

So its not dissallowed goals again its now disallowed penalties I asked how many goofs from EPL fans have we had in the last 2 hours.

How many La Liga top stars come to the EPL?

Nistelrooy, Henry, Ronaldo, Beckham, Fabregas Song were EPL stars before they went to La Liga.

Which La Liga top star has come to play in the EPL?
because ur so called laliga stars cant cope in epl dats y they dont boda to come.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 11:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

If its not by winning but by dominating we can also say Torres ex La Liga dominated, Aguero ex La Liga dominated, Michu ex La Liga dominating Jimmy Hasselbaink dominated

lol Jimmy? You were the one that was speaking of "currently" and now your mentioning Jimmy?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

NO WONDER LIVERPOOL AND FULHAM PLAYED HARD TO GET TO THE SEMI-FINAL IN 2010 ONLY TO BE BEATEN BY ATHLETICO MADRID, AND MAN UTD WITH MAN CITY FIELDED THEIR STRONG 11 TILL THEY WERE KNOCKED OUT LAST SEASON. PLS STOP POSTING FLIMSY EXCUSES.

they didn't play hard to be anywhere - they just accepted the results that came with half-hearted efforts and took it in their strides. man utd did not field their strongest team against bilbao. carrick, nani and rio did not start the first leg in old trafford - it tells you how unimportant fergie took the tie.

Nashoji: because ur so called laliga stars cant cope in epl dats y they dont boda to come.

i knew la liga was a shyte league when carlos queiroz(fergie's assistant) became madrid's manager. that just sums la liga up!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

I should be asking you that! Btw thats not the point. You said apart from Michu, i should name another striker that migrated from Spain to England before you answer my question. I have given you a name. Now answer mine...

I THINK I ANSWERED THAT... TORRES AND AGUERO... PLS TEL ME HOW MANY GOALS THEY SCORED IN THEIR 1ST SEASON IN EPL?

MIND YOU, THESE 2 WERE NOT LALIGA'S FINEST OOOH....
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
deeplow:

Yet again,u've made a valid point.buh,have u tried to compare the attendance in a getafe vs celta vigo match to a getafe vs Barcelona match?the truth of the matter is,despite the recession,they still try to fill d stadium to an appreciable level.to me,that's the only time they think they are promised an entertaining encounter.the koko is that,it is only barca and madrid that make la liga.
Yes of course. Who doesn't want to watch Messi when he and company roll into town? Which outstanding players do Getafe or Celta Vigo have? How many people watch a Portsmouth vs Southampton game? Are they always filled up?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nashoji: because ur so called laliga stars cant cope in epl dats y they dont boda to come.

Lol We can see that Silva, Michu, Aguero, Cazorla are not coping with EPL

Whats with most EPL fans? they sound very ignorant
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Ricpaula(f): 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2013
Up messi........
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

they didn't play hard to be anywhere - they just accepted the results that came with half-hearted efforts and took it in their strides. man utd did not field their strongest team against bilbao. carrick, nani and rio did not start the first leg in old trafford - it tells you how unimportant fergie took the tie.

i knew la liga was a shyte league when carlos queiroz(fergie's assistant) became madrid's manager. that just sums la liga up!

You are absolutely mad
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

How many errors do I want to correct from these EPL fans in a day.

Only an EPL fan could call Baines and Evra best Left back in the world where we have Coentrao, Marcelo, Lahm etc

So Lahm and Alves, who should have been in that list?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

lol Jimmy? You were the one that was speaking of "currently" and now your mentioning Jimmy?

You know you want currently and you are mentioning kanoute, Forlan?

How many goofs can one make in a day Timbros you go break record oo
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:
Lol We can see that Silva, Michu, Aguero, Cazorla are not coping with EPL
Whats with most EPL fans? they sound very ignorant

none of these players would win the golden boot nor the pfa player. the running candidates are suarez and van persie. mata, cazorla, michu and aguero are not ruling the league. they are not in the top tier.

Krayola:
You are absolutely mad

the fool resurrects....
if you have any decorum left in you, you won't join this debate cos i murdered you on this same topic some 18 months ago on the arsenal thread.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
Krayola:

You are absolutely mad

Welcome back olori didan
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davida222(m): 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Was fabio in Man Utd first team before going out? Illiterate? Abi where have you seen a team loan out a first team player
u illitracy, if evra shuld retire today. we are geting the kid back.. u saw what he did against chesea. man of the march.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

I THINK I ANSWERED THAT... TORRES AND AGUERO... PLS TEL ME HOW MANY GOALS THEY SCORED IN THEIR 1ST SEASON IN EPL?

MIND YOU, THESE 2 WERE NOT LALIGA'S FINEST OOOH....

Was Forlan EPL's finest when he went to Spain? What about Kanoute? Van Nistlerooy (his form when he transfered)? Rossi?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

none of these players would win the golden boot nor the pfa player. the running candidates are suarez and van persie. mata, cazorla, michu and aguero are not ruling the league. they are not in the top tier.

Aguero scored 23 goals in his first season, Torres scored over 20 league goals in his first season

David Silva topped assists last season, Juan Mata second and you claim they are not dominating?

bros you need ORHEPTAL blood tonic
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

@ LEAST QUEIROZ WAS AN ASSISTANT TO FERGUSON 4 MANY YEARS B4 HE WENT TO MADRID. PLS TELL ME THE CREDENTALS OF MICHEL LAUDRUP B4 HE BECAME SWANSEA COACH AND STARTED TEACHING UR SHITTY LEAGUE HOW TO PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
Am a utd fan BUT i respect 2 playas in the WHOLE of eng futbol: SCHOLES & GERARD....the rest are OVAHYPED includin my utd roonie.
Wen pple say epl is the best i end up ASKIN wat the eng playas hav done in the WORLD CUP & EURO$
they say southafrica has the best league YET i don't see them in the NATIONS CUP OR WORLD CUP
mtcheew
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

You know you want currently and you are mentioning kanoute, Forlan?

How many goofs can one make in a day Timbros you go break record oo

I was mentioning names from any era. You were the one that said "currently" and you are the same person mentioning Hasselbaink here...haba

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Manchester City : FA Cup (1 - 0) On 17th April 2021 / Manchester United vs Atletico Madrid UCL (0 - 1) On 15th March 2022 / Top Five Highest Goalscorers In Premier League, La Liga & Serie A So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.