Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,316 members, 7,929,005 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:29 AM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (49182 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

KEEP WHINING ON THE WORDS OF YOUR MASTER MOURINHO JUST AS DAYOKANU SAID

Is that the best you can say? I am still waiting for you to prove to me that Barca have beaten an 11 man Chelsea team...
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Reject? Let's clarify what "reject" means. When you move to a bigger club, you cannot be called a reject. Case in point Torres: he went to Liverpool from Athletico Madrid? That's definitely moving to bigger things. Another example C Ronaldo from Man U to Real Madrid for a record transfer fee. Is that a reject?

Abi oo. So can we say Demba Ba was a newcastle reject to Chelsea?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
davida222: no let me help u, G Henze, m Owen, G Rossi, steve Mcmanaman. somebody eas can continue frm were i stop, its endless.

WHO THE HELL ARE ALL THESE SHITS? PLS TELL ME THEIR EXPLOITS IN LALIGA ASIDE MANAMAN
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by skiposmith: 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2013
no mind those haters jare. I no be barca fan, but nevertheless, i guess 'LIONEL MESSI' is gud by nature, nd he deserve it. Kudos 2 d best footballer in his time.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

nistelrooy was a bench warmer when he left man utd - he still won the golden boot in la liga. kanoute was a reject, rossi was a reject, forlan was a super reject. we have rolled out names here, mention one in la liga that came here to dominate the scorer's charts?
[size=14pt]
How can Nistelrooy who played 35 league games and scored 21 league goals be called a benchwarmer in man utd, Soon you would tell us Van Persie was also a benchwarmer at Arsenal[/size]

were you dead when chelsea(6th position) eliminated barcelona in a semifinal of a champions league? did liverpool not beat madrid 4-0 in 08/09? did arsenal not eliminate madrid in 05/06?

Europa cup is where mid table teams meet how do EPL vs La Liga teams fare there?

chelsea 3-2 barcelona
that's the one that stood out till today. drogba, ramirez and torres destroyed barcelona with 10 men at nou camp.

Upsets happen everyday. Cameroun with 9 men beat Diego maradonas Argentina, Senegal beat Thierry henrys France at the world cup

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

Is that the best you can say? I am still waiting for you to prove to me that Barca have beaten an 11 man Chelsea team...

I HAVE EXPLAINED MORE THAN ENOUGH. KINDLY CHECK BARCA VS CHELSEA 2ND LEG @ CAMP NOU IN 200 UCL QUARTER FINAL MATCH. I GUESS U HAVEN'T STARTED WATCHING EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THEN.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Please which goal was disallowed, Who scored the disallowed goal and what minute was the disallowed goal scored?

I am waiting please

Which coogars question are you mentioning?

Disallowed penalties.

coogar's question on which La Liga player came to EPL and dominate the scorers chart....

(Please using my phone to type hence all the mistakes.)
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 10:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

I HAVE EXPLAINED MORE THAN ENOUGH. KINDLY CHECK BARCA VS CHELSEA 2ND LEG @ CAMP NOU IN 200 UCL QUARTER FINAL MATCH. I GUESS U HAVEN'T STARTED WATCHING EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THEN.

You that started watching football in 1900. If Barca had WON that match in 90 mins, why didnt the ref end the match? Why the extra time? BECAUSE its still a DRAW!!!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

Disallowed penalties.

coogar's question on which La Liga player came to EPL and dominate the scorers chart....

(Please using my phone to type hence all the mistakes.)

So its not dissallowed goals again its now disallowed penalties I asked how many goofs from EPL fans have we had in the last 2 hours.

How many La Liga top stars come to the EPL?

Nistelrooy, Henry, Ronaldo, Beckham, Fabregas Song were EPL stars before they went to La Liga.

Which La Liga top star has come to play in the EPL?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

You that started watching football in 1900. If Barca had WON that match in 90 mins, why didnt the ref end the match? Why the extra time? BECAUSE its still a DRAW!!!

SIMPLY BECAUSE THE MATCH WAS TIED. 3-1 @ BOTH LEGS IN 90 MINS. CHELSEA WON @ D BRIDGE AND BARCA RETURNED THE FAVOUR @ D 2ND LEG... ALL THESE WAS 11 VS 11. CHIKENA!!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
Simple answer: it will be hard for a player going from Spain to England to win the top scorer award because you are likely a reject. But the vice versa is not true. Most players from England move to bigger clubs in Spain and therefore are not rejects. But let's see how Michu does this season; he could prove me wrong.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

So its not dissallowed goals again its now disallowed penalties I asked how many goofs from EPL fans have we had in the last 2 hours.

Nistelrooy, Henry, Ronaldo, Beckham, Fabregas Song were EPL stars before they went to La Liga.

ABEG HELP ME ASK THEM OOOH
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

No. You tell me. Forlan was NOT an EPL star, neither was Kanoute. What happened when they went to La Liga goalwise? Give us some names from La Liga who came to top the charts in EPL...
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Aliyu333: 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
Una just dey hear dey argue...na him still get next year own...that messi is not a gud player huh?that kid is just fabulous.....am messinated
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Simple answer: it will be hard for a player going from Spain to England to win the top scorer award because you are likely a reject. But the vice versa is not true. Most players from England move to bigger clubs in Spain and therefore are not rejects. But let's see how Michu does this season; he could prove me wrong.

APART FROM MICHU, WHO ELSE IS A STRIKER 4RM LALIGA DAT MOVED TO THE EPL? U DON'T EXPECT MATA, YAYA, SILVA, CAZORLA TO BECOME TOP SCORERS SINCE THEY ARE NOT STRIKERS!!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

SIMPLY BECAUSE THE MATCH WAS TIED. 3-1 @ BOTH LEGS IN 90 MINS. CHELSEA WON @ D BRIDGE AND BARCA RETURNED THE FAVOUR @ D 2ND LEG... ALL THESE WAS 11 VS 11. CHIKENA!!!

So Barca didnt win Chelsea!!!

Btw Mr Football, What was the scoreline of UCL Barcelona vs Chelsea in the year 2000? 3-1 or 5-1?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

No. You tell me. Forlan was NOT an EPL star, neither was Kanoute. What happened when they went to La Liga goalwise? Give us some names from La Liga who came to top the charts in EPL...

MICHU ASIDE, PLS NAME STRIKERS 4RM LALIGA WHO MOVED TO EPL B4 I ANSWER UR QUESTION
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
The FIFA pro XL is an absolute joke. Lmao

How can Andrea Pirlo with the season he had with Juve and his performances for the Azzuri @ the euros not make the team?

Absolutely Ridiculous. My Dog bingo would have come with a better list than that.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

APART FROM MICHU, WHO ELSE IS A STRIKER 4RM LALIGA DAT MOVED TO THE EPL? U DON'T EXPECT MATA, YAYA, SILVA, CAZORLA TO BECOME TOP SCORERS SINCE THEY ARE NOT STRIKERS!!!

wow!!! Torres was a defender!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

So Barca didnt win Chelsea!!!

Btw Mr Football, What was the scoreline of UCL Barcelona vs Chelsea in the year 2000? 3-1 or 5-1?
5-1(AWAY GOAL RULE)
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

Exactly. And apart from Torres moving from Athletico to Liverpool, I don't know any other big profile move from Spain to England. It's usually the other way round. Players are always looking for a bigger club to move to. And if you are playing in England, you just know you've never played for the biggest club in the world (the aspiration of every player). That's why Man U players usually target Real Madrid.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

Did Kanoute ever win Pichichi ? Or what are you saying I have corrected at least 2 fatal errors from you today abeg we cant survive the third
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

MICHU ASIDE, PLS NAME STRIKERS 4RM LALIGA WHO MOVED TO EPL B4 I ANSWER UR QUESTION

I thought you have been watching football for a long long time...
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
chic2pimp: The FIFA pro XL is an absolute joke. Lmao

How can Andrea Pirlo with the season he had with Juve and his performances for the Azzuri @ the euros not make the team?

Absolutely Ridiculous. My Dog bingo would have come with a better list than that.
Who should he replace in that mid-field? Iniesta, Xavi or Alonso?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 10:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
timbros:

wow!!! Torres was a defender!!
AND HOW MANY GOALS DID HE SCORE IN HIS 1ST SEASON IN EPL?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 10:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:
5-1(AWAY GOAL RULE)

So was Chelsea still 11 men at that scoreline? grin Mr Football
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by deeplow: 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: If you are abreast of world events, you would know Spain is
fin a recession. Could that have affected attendance? Think about it.

Quite a sensible point u raised...but,are barcelona and real madrid fans not affected by the recession?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:
[size=14pt]
How can Nistelrooy who played 35 league games and scored 21 league goals be called a benchwarmer in man utd, Soon you would tell us Van Persie was also a benchwarmer at Arsenal[/size]

how many games did he start that season? who didn't know nistelrooy was forced out of old trafford? how much was he sold to madrid to be compared to van persie or have you lost your ability to reason properly? van nistelrooy was a man utd reject - i can post-pin links of his final days at old trafford

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237507/Alex-Ferguson-right-dump-says-Ruud-van-Nistelrooy.html

Europa cup is where mid table teams meet how do EPL vs La Liga teams fare there?

europa cup is a shyte competiton to epl clubs - it's a mickey-mouse cup. the competiton is worthless and it was designed for the poverty stricken leagues. the winner of europa cup takes just €5m = £4m. what would that do to mid table teams in the premier league when a relegated club here nets £40m upwards?

Upsets happen everyday. Cameroun with 9 men beat Diego maradonas Argentina, Senegal beat Thierry henrys France at the world cup

this is a foolish remark.
chelsea and barcelona played twice within a week......lightning does not strike twice. cameroon vs argentina was a one off game - senegal vs france was a one off game. officer dayo, over to you.....
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Simple answer: it will be hard for a player going from Spain to England to win the top scorer award because you are likely a reject. But the vice versa is not true. Most players from England move to bigger clubs in Spain and therefore are not rejects. But let's see how Michu does this season; he could prove me wrong.
& who is michu-an UNKNOWN midfielda 4rm a relegation club?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by timbros(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Did Kanoute ever win Pichichi ? Or what are you saying I have corrected at least 2 fatal errors from you today abeg we cant survive the third

I mentioned Kanoute among those that "dominate the scorers chart" in Spain.... I never said he won the Pichichi. Refer to my earliers posts.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Eklektika(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
[quote author=Javanian]Yet another Ballon d'or,
Yet another record.

Long Live the Greatest Player of all Time.

Where are the cr7 sympathizers come and tell him to leave Barca and play for another club, dream big kiddooo your children may live to tell the story or ask him what he has won for his country, he has won the Youth World Cup and he is an Olympic Gold Medalist. He is just 25, he still has time. O! great Messi, it's an honor to watch you play, Not many have this opportunity, i will certainly tell my children about you.

Haters please to avoid more heart attack do justice to the nearest transformer in your vicinity. Thanks....

Visca el Barca!!!
I wan faint 4 laff! Let all who disagree wit NOT FIFA'S decision but d decision of players n coaches around come n hug transformer 4 Mile 2.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
deeplow:

Quite a sensible point u raised...but,are barcelona and real madrid fans not affected by the recession?
Those are big clubs. Big clubs have big fan bases. Small clubs with financial trouble and having very small fan bases will definitely suffer even more. For instance, fans come from all over the world to watch Barca games.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (33) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Manchester City : FA Cup (1 - 0) On 17th April 2021 / Manchester United vs Atletico Madrid UCL (0 - 1) On 15th March 2022 / Top Five Highest Goalscorers In Premier League, La Liga & Serie A So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.