Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,416 members, 7,881,524 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories (18791 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Ex Muslims Share Your Conversion Stories Here. / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by 2good(m): 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2013
cheddarking:

My Man, I am simply seeking knowledge, same as you brothers...

I won't get into an argument with you.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cheddarking(m): 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2013
plaetton:

No buddy.
I never mentioned monetized religion as a reason for my conversion. If you read my post arefully, my main thrust is that I was never ever religious in the first place, so the question of conversion never happened. I was pointing out the continuing deterioration of the religious output due to its its faulty DNA.
Today's Monetised chirstianity is just one of the many symptoms the faulty DNA.

Plaetton you sought to explain your current state of Atheism, by using the monetization of Christianity as a reason.

Again I ask, did you try other 'non-monetized' religions before concluding that God does not exist?

Or are you just seeking to live a life without religious rules defined by other people?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by manmustwac(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
2good: Why is the mod allowing this Cheddarking of a person to derail this thread?
Click on the Report To Moderator link and state your complaint or leave a message in the complaints section at the top of the religion homepage
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by truthislight: 12:01am On Jan 14, 2013
musKeeto:

Anony wouldn't be so 'sure' of his stand in Christ now if he hadn't been an atheist and quite strangely a 'satanist' too..

My point: everything has a purpose.... cheesy

what

if you believe that then you will belief anything.

"The inexperience puts faith in every words" the bible" says

or

"The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going." (Proverbs 14:15).

not saying it is impossible for an atheist to have a change of mind.

We are all freewill/freemoral moral agent
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 14, 2013
Aww, I hoped I would see more young women breaking off the shackles of religion. Bothers me really, now that one must think about getting a wife. I shall have to open a seperate thread for that.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 14, 2013
BoboYekini: Aww, I hoped I would see more young women breaking off the shackles of religion. Bothers me really, now that one must think of getting a wife. I shall have to open a seperate thread about that.

Me too!
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Othmany: 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
musKeeto: PRE-CONVERSION

Catholic Dad deeply influenced by Igbo tradition. Pentecostal Mom who wasn't quite so religious. Morning devotions. Ended up at a Christian secondary school in my teens.

Fasting. Prayer. Madness. Hypocrisy. I was young but was quite sure there was something wrong with the Christians I met. The Student Christian Mission leader was a classmate and if there ever was a sinner, he was one. Yet, the chaplain had apparently seen Jesus in a vision who asked him to 'anoint' him leader of the fellowship. If the blood of Jesus washes sins, that guy needed at least 3 Jesus.
I hardly ever studied the Bible, except the odd times I had a bad dream or just felt bored, but I lived a more 'moral' life than these guys. One of them even walked up to me one day and asked 'Are you a spirit-ko, or just a good guy?'.. Up to this point, I'd never given the question of God's existence much thought.

Secondary school over. Freedom. YAY. Not so fast young man. Mom wiped OAU Ile-Ife off my jamb form without my knowing and inserted the name of one of the private Christian universities. Summer break's over and I resume classes with lots of anger in my heart. As expected, it's almost a repeat of my secondary school if not worse. It didn't take long. I became an atheist without realizing it. The Bible, and religion as a whole, meant nothing to me.

End of the first semester and I return home for the Xmas holidays worse than what I was when I left. A deep hatred for pastors. A deep hatred for church. A deep hatred for religion. A week later, I lost my siblings and friends in the Sosoliso plane crash....

just because i wear the military uniform to steal doesn't make all soldiers thieves.my point is great evil has been done in the name of christianity but that does not mean christianity is evil.it is a change of live from the inside no matter what others have made of it

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Othmany: 2:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
musKeeto: PRE-CONVERSION

Catholic Dad deeply influenced by Igbo tradition. Pentecostal Mom who wasn't quite so religious. Morning devotions. Ended up at a Christian secondary school in my teens.

Fasting. Prayer. Madness. Hypocrisy. I was young but was quite sure there was something wrong with the Christians I met. The Student Christian Mission leader was a classmate and if there ever was a sinner, he was one. Yet, the chaplain had apparently seen Jesus in a vision who asked him to 'anoint' him leader of the fellowship. If the blood of Jesus washes sins, that guy needed at least 3 Jesus.
I hardly ever studied the Bible, except the odd times I had a bad dream or just felt bored, but I lived a more 'moral' life than these guys. One of them even walked up to me one day and asked 'Are you a spirit-ko, or just a good guy?'.. Up to this point, I'd never given the question of God's existence much thought.

Secondary school over. Freedom. YAY. Not so fast young man. Mom wiped OAU Ile-Ife off my jamb form without my knowing and inserted the name of one of the private Christian universities. Summer break's over and I resume classes with lots of anger in my heart. As expected, it's almost a repeat of my secondary school if not worse. It didn't take long. I became an atheist without realizing it. The Bible, and religion as a whole, meant nothing to me.

End of the first semester and I return home for the Xmas holidays worse than what I was when I left. A deep hatred for pastors. A deep hatred for church. A deep hatred for religion. A week later, I lost my siblings and friends in the Sosoliso plane crash....

just because i wear the military uniform to steal doesn't make all soldiers thieves.my point is great evil has been done in the name of christianity but that does not mean christianity is evil.it is a change of live from the inside no matter what others have made of it
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by wiegraf: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
Othmany: just because i wear the military uniform to steal doesn't make all soldiers thieves.my point is great evil has been done in the name of christianity but that does not mean christianity is evil.it is a change of live from the inside no matter what others have made of it

Not that I need to reply for brah but did y'all notice that he's patently aware of that? Basically, it boils down to this; there could be alternatives to xtianity to living a good life. Perhaps, dare I say *gasp*, better alternatives?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 15, 2013
Othmany: just because i wear the military uniform to steal doesn't make all soldiers thieves.my point is great evil has been done in the name of christianity but that does not mean christianity is evil.it is a change of live from the inside no matter what others have made of it
The fact that 'evil people' are present in all religions/sects/groups as well as good people should point you to the fact that whatever makes people 'good' or the reason people are good goes beyond religious beliefs. Also, good and evil are relative concepts. Slavery favored the advancement of the west, as for the blacks...
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cyrexx: 11:14am On Jan 15, 2013
musKeeto:
The fact that 'evil people' are present in all religions/sects/groups as well as good people should point you to the fact that whatever makes people 'good' or the reason people are good goes beyond religious beliefs. Also, good and evil are concept. Slavery favored the advancement of the west, as for the blacks...

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 15, 2013
^^^

There is something called gratitude.

No matter how high your morals are, if you cannot show gratitude for the basic things of life, you are immoral.

In fact gratitude is one of the hallmarks of civility and humility, of course , this is me talking from the perspective of a Christian.

I have not started to address all the points you and co brought up in this post, but let me summarize a few points because of time :

1. You have a personal duty to research truths for yourself, no one can do this for you.
2. If you are disillusioned with Christianity because of what you heard or what someone told you , you are to blame because you , like me in those days , never really bothered to find out if those things were true, we followed them blindly
3. If you are disgusted with Christianity because of the behavior of it's adherents , we all are , but it also signifies that you agree with the basic principles of the righteous decrees , and refuse to follow them because of others. In other words no personal responsibility or accountability.
4. God is not on his knees begging you to believe in him, there is no coercion in religion.
5. Jesus Christ approached the subject of salvation from the default position of only a few accepting the truth of GOD's love for mankind , and his yearning to save them from perpetual death.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

No matter how high your morals are, if you cannot show gratitude for the basic things of life, you are immoral.

In fact gratitude is one of the hallmarks of civility and humility, of course , this is me talking from the perspective of a Christian.

I have not started to address all the points you and co brought up in this post, but let me summarize a few points because of time :

1. You have a personal duty to research truths for yourself, no one can do this for you.
2. If you are disillusioned with Christianity because of what you heard or what someone told you , you are to blame because you , like me in those days , never really bothered to find out if those things were true, we followed them blindly
3. If you are disgusted with Christianity because of the behavior of it's adherents , we all are but it also signifies that you agree with the basic principles of the righteous decrees but refuse to follow them because of others.
4. God is not on his knees begging you to believe in him, there is no coercion in religion.
5. Jesus Christ approached the subject of salvation from the default position of only a few accepting the truth of GOD's love for mankind and his yearning to save them from perpetual death.

Such arrogance. Always assuming that people leave christianity for the wrong reason; the behaviour of other chrstians/what they heard. Man people leave christianity because it doesnt make sense.

Lets take your number 5 for instance;

5. Jesus Christ approached the subject of salvation from the default position of only a few accepting the truth of GOD's love for mankind and his yearning to save them from perpetual death.

So, Yaweh in his infinite wisdom could not find out a better way to forgive mankind other than
-to torture and sacrifice his son
-to ruin Judas's life
-to allow roman government corruption (leading to the death of Jesus)
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
[quote author=Logicboy03]

Such arrogance. Always assuming that people leave christianity for the wrong reason; the behaviour of other chrstians/what they heard. Man people leave christianity because it doesnt make sense.

In your case, just like me a number of years ago, you were NEVER a Christian to begin with. You were born into the catholic church and automatically received membership through your parents.

This means then, that you NEVER encountered Christ in a personal way through the new birth. You were not and still are not a Christian, so there has not been any real change in your case.

You cannot leave something you never belonged to in the first instance !

So, Yaweh in his infinite wisdom could not find out a better way to forgive mankind other than
-to torture and sacrifice his son
-to ruin Judas's life
-to allow roman government corruption (leading to the death of Jesus)

Ignorance is a disease. When was the last time you actually read the bible as opposed to rehashing old hand nonsense !

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

In your case, just like me a number of years ago, you were NEVER a Christian to begin with. You were born into the catholic church and automatically received membership through your parents.

This means then, that you NEVER encountered Christ in a personal way through the new birth. You were not and still are not a Christian, so there has not been any real change in your case.

You cannot leave something you never belonged to in the first instance !

Lol, the same arrogance again. So, your "spiritual knowledge" told you that I didnt believe in christ as a catholic? I didnt read the bible (the parts selected by church)? Gaddem arrogance.

Furthermore, a protestant like you only shows ignorance when you try to say that catholics arent christians. Let me make this easy for you- if you cant ttrace your united church's history tp the 1st, 2nd or 3rd centuries, please, you have nothing to say about a church that can.

frosbel:
Ignorance is a disease. When was the last time you actually read the bible as opposed to rehashing old hand nonsense !

When faced with a logical argument, abuse and run....it's the only way you know. Are you giving a good name to christianity now? Are you surprised when people leave the faith?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lol, the same arrogance again. So, your "spiritual knowledge" told you that I didnt believe in christ as a catholic? I didnt read the bible (the parts selected by church)? Gaddem arrogance.

You cannot turn the bible on it's head.

You have to ask yourself this simple question :

How did people become Christians in the early days, not the catholic way , but the bible way. They did this by :

1. Repenting from their sins
2. Baptism with water by immersion and at an age of awareness
3. infilling with the holy spirit
4. living a new life in Christ.

Contrast that with the unscriptural and pagan method of the catholic church :

1. If your parents are members, so are you
2. Baptism as a baby with the sprinkling of a few drops of water on the forehead
3. Confession
4. Confirmation

etc etc

The catholic method is not only wrong , it is null and void.

I repeat you never knew Christ.

Furthermore, a protestant like you only shows ignorance when you try to say that catholics arent christians.

Ignorance again.

I am not a protestant, I am a follower of JESUS Christ or a Christian for want of a better word.

Let me make this easy for you- if you cant ttrace your united church's history tp the 1st, 2nd or 3rd centuries, please, you have nothing to say about a church that can.

church history is meaningless to me, because the church is not the physical entity that you once belonged to, it is the assembly of all true believers who have been called out from the world to follow JESUS from death into life and for a more worthy , higher and nobler cause.

faced with a logical argument, abuse and run....it's the only way you know. Are you giving a good name to christianity now? Are you surprised when people leave the faith?

I am addressing your points head on, what ? you want me to cower in the face of your fallacy ? grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cyrexx: 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
@Frosbel,

Do you want us to discuss now or we should wait till later?

Please note that I am only interested in matured discussion with you where we can both learn one or two things and i am NOT particularly interested in a competitive debate where both parties are fighting to win and will never humble himself to admit even when he comes face to face with the truth

frosbel: ^^^

frosbel are you telling me that morals is exclusive to christianity?

That those who had never been christians can never be moral?

Sir Frosbel, what gave you the impression that i have not come to the knowledge of the truth with my present non-belief stance towards christianity and ALL religion?

Remeber that you are an unbeliever with respect to many religions similar to christianity.

Christians can never exist without christianity. So whatever christians exhibit, the religion they profess is responsible for it. But apologists like you will rather blame people who follow christianity rather than see the errors in the religion.

For instance, do you know about the "Great Moral Loophole" in christianity where you can commit any sin and still "be safe" knowing that all you need to do is ask for forgiveness and the responsibilty for your sins is absolved by the cross just like that.

I dont know how you see it, but the observable fact is that such an institutuon(christianity) is a fertile ground to breed hypocrites who will act immorally and still think they are morally okay.

3. If you are disgusted with Christianity because of the behavior of it's adherents , we all are , but it also signifies that you agree with the basic principles of the righteous decrees , and refuse to follow them because of others. In other words no personal responsibility or accountability.

just like i said earlier, christianity or no christianity moral people will act morally and immoral people will act immorally.

The fact that we have good and bad people both within and outside christianity is a proof of this statement.

i know and the fact is that if yahweh is the true creator of this gigantic universe, he will have better things to worry about than concern himself over those who believe or who does not believe him.

The fact that "yahweh" emphasize belief in him is a proof that it was humans who created him in their minds and those humans want everybody to believe what they believe.

Think about this. Selah

5. Jesus Christ approached the subject of salvation from the default position of only a few accepting the truth of GOD's love for mankind , and his yearning to save them from perpetual death.

1. Jesus never approached me, it was humans like you who approached me, claiming that Jesus sent them.

2. If Jesus want to save man from death, why did he permit death in the first place? Why did he emphasize belief in him in order to save man? Why did he have to die in order to forgive people, is he unable to simply forgive if he really wants to?

All these do not make sense to non-christians.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

You cannot turn the bible on it's head.

You have to ask yourself this simple question :

How did people become Christians in the early days, not the catholic way , but the bible way. They did this by :

1. Repenting from their sins
2. Baptism with water by immersion and at an age of awareness
3. infilling with the holy spirit
4. living a new life in Christ.

Contrast that with the unscriptural and pagan method of the catholic church :

1. If your parents are members, so are you
2. Baptism as a baby with the sprinkling of a few drops of water on the forehead
3. Confession
4. Confirmation

etc etc

The catholic method is not only wrong , it is null and void.

I repeat you never knew Christ.

See the lies u have started to tell against the catholic church? Who told you that people become catholics by inheritance? It is a state of mind and an acceptance of the creed. Credo

By the way millions of catholics werent baptized as babies some converts and some parents didnt baptize their children until cathecism. You dont know anything about the catholic church and it is clear. The catholic church accepts christ and the bible. End of story.

You dont realise it, but you failed the moment you started claiming that I was not a christian like you were there 22 years of my life. The worst part of it is that you have no shame insulting someone's past that you know nothing of.

Tell me, how does a non-christian look at christians like you? Fighting other christians and calling them non-christians because of their docrine which is centuries older than your united church?

frosbel:

Ignorance again.

I am not a protestant, I am a follower of JESUS Christ or a Christian for want of a better word.

You are a protestant. Ignorance is your hobby.

A protestant is still a christian

frosbel:
church history is meaningless to me, because the church is not the physical entity that you once belonged to, it is the assembly of all true believers who have been called out from the world to follow JESUS from death into life and for a more worthy , higher and nobler cause.

Church history is meaningless? So if your church supported slavery and molestation, it would be meaningless to you?

Anyways, you are a joke. You can preach all you want but I am not a Jewish slave that would believe that all God's prophets came from the middle east.

frosbel:
I am addressing your points head on, what ? you want me to cower in the face of your fallacy ? grin

Addressing my points head on? Did you address the point that God couldnt find a better way to fogive mankind than human sacrifice?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
Are the stories over? Is this the point where the Christians/Muslims initiate steps to re-convert their prodigal brothers to their fold? Would logicboy lose his 'disbelief'? Would frosbel, cast off his 'hatred' for the immoral atheists, and be able to distinguish Christ from the church? Will Mohammed be ever disassociated from Islam? Have these stories shaken the faith of the 'spiritually unfulfilled' folks? Which is the true religion? Will muskeeto stop being a punk? And pick up the cross wey im drop since last year?

Stay tuned, folks... Not since the Crucifixion has there been so much drama, intrigue.. And silent viewers...

Hehehe, just to say this thread finally beat the 'christian' version on views count.. Shout out to all the silent viewers...

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2013
musKeeto: Are the stories over? Is this the point where the Christians/Muslims initiate steps to re-convert their prodigal brothers to their fold? Would logicboy lose his 'disbelief'? Would frosbel, cast off his 'hatred' for the immoral atheists, and be able to distinguish Christ from the church? Will Mohammed be ever disassociated from Islam? Have these stories shaken the faith of the 'spiritually unfulfilled' folks? Which is the true religion? Will muskeeto stop being a punk? And pick up the cross wey im drop since last year?

Stay tuned, folks... Not since the Crucifixion has there been so much drama, intrigue.. And silent viewers...

Hehehe, just to say this thread finally beat the 'christian' version on views count.. Shout out to all the silent viewers...

Guy, are you a TV presenter or drama narrator?

NTA is hiring
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

See the lies u have started to tell against the catholic church? Who told you that people become catholics by inheritance? It is a state of mind and an acceptance of the creed. Credo

State of mind, lol grin , first I am hearing of this.

acceptance of the creed and this means you know GOD by accepting creeds ?

By the way millions of catholics werent baptized as babies some converts and some parents didnt baptize their children until cathecism. You dont know anything about the catholic church and it is clear. The catholic church accepts christ and the bible. End of story.

how were you baptised ?

You dont realise it, but you failed the moment you started claiming that I was not a christian like you were there 22 years of my life. The worst part of it is that you have no shame insulting someone's past that you know nothing of.

If you were not born again the bible way , as stated previously , you were NEVER a Christian.

I was in a catholic situation for about 18 years but never once considered myself as a Christian in retrospect.

Tell me, how does a non-christian look at christians like you? Fighting other christians and calling them non-christians because of their docrine which is centuries older than your united church?[/b]

Try another from of blackmail !

Where you ever baptised with the Holy Spirit ? Did you once repent totally from your sins ? was there any witness in your spirit that you were a child of GOD ?

"You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ." - Romans 8:9

You are a protestant. Ignorance is your hobby.

A protestant is still a christian

What am I protesting about grin

I am a Christian , period !

Church history is meaningless? So if your church supported slavery and molestation, it would be meaningless to you?

Your church did, i.e catholic church , my church did not.

Anyways, you are a joke. You can preach all you want but I am not a Jewish slave that would believe that all God's prophets came from the middle east.

and ? somebody has to come from somewhere , no ?

If Jesus came from the Yoruba race, you would have called me a Yoruba slave , no ? grin

Addressing my points head on? Did you address the point that God couldnt find a better way to fogive mankind than human sacrifice?

But you read your bible, you should know . I mean if after 22 years of reading the bible you never understood the basics, no wonder you are in the pitiable situation that you are in today.

Laziness has a price.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
@cyrex I promise to respond later on today.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cheddarking(m): 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
LMAO at Frosbel trying to engage illogicalboy in debate...

I mean the boy's profile says this:

"Islam and Christianity are foreign religions that mentally enslave us W/Africans. "

Conveniently forgetting that ATHEISM is also foreign to West Africa...

LMAO

Illogicalboy is a bundle of laughs I swear...

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cyrexx: 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel: @cyrex I promise to respond later on today.

okay, then. I'm ready when you are

Btw, the name is Cyrexx, with double x. cool
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
cheddarking: LMAO at Frosbel trying to engage illogicalboy in debate...

I mean the boy's profile says this:

"Islam and Christianity are foreign religions that mentally enslave us W/Africans. "

Conveniently forgetting that ATHEISM is also foreign to West Africa...

LMAO

Illogicalboy is a bundle of laughs I swear...

1 million likes to the bolded grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
cyrexx:

okay, then.

forgive me !
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

State of mind, lol grin , first I am hearing of this.

acceptance of the creed and this means you know GOD by accepting creeds ?

So, you accept that you were wrong on what it took to be a catholic? Dont try to change the topic and be a mocker

creed
/krēd/
Noun
-A system of Christian or other religious belief; a faith.
-A formal statement of Christian beliefs, esp. the Apostles' Creed or the Nicene Creed.
Synonyms;
belief - credo - faith - religion - persuasion

frosbel:
how were you baptised ?

Is there any other form of baptism? I was baptised as a young boy and not a baby.

frosbel:
If you were not born again the bible way , as stated previously , you were NEVER a Christian.

I was in a catholic situation for about 18 years but never once considered myself as a Christian in retrospect.

What the f4ck is a catholic situation? Just shut up. Either you were a catholic or not.

By the way, believing in christ is what makes one a christian and not some Pentecostal definition of "born again"

frosbel:
Try another from of blackmail !

Wow, you have nothing to reply that is why!

frosbel:
Where you ever baptised with the Holy Spirit ? Did you once repent totally from your sins ? was there any witness in your spirit that you were a child of GOD ?

"You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ." - Romans 8:9

No, I was baptised with Satan. Gaddem foolish question

frosbel:
What am I protesting about grin

I am a Christian , period !

Protesting the catholic church?

frosbel:
Your church did, i.e catholic church , my church did not.

Your church didnt exist when the catholic church did those things. Simple

frosbel:
and ? somebody has to come from somewhere , no ?

If Jesus came from the Yoruba race, you would have called me a Yoruba slave , no ? grin

You would be a slave to Yoruba mythology. Simple.

frosbel:
But you read your bible, you should know
. I mean if after 22 years of reading the bible you never understood the basics, no wonder you are in the pitiable situation that you are in today.

Laziness has a price.

Yawn. Nice try to escape again. I asked you a simple question and you are fumbling and trying to escape. You have no clue and you are trying to put the question back to me- "you should know"
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
cyrexx:
:-O Just noticing that for the first time.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
[quote author=Logicboy03]

So, you accept that you were wrong on what it took to be a catholic? Dont try to change the topic and be a mocker

Do you read ?

Of course not !

creed
/krēd/
Noun
-A system of Christian or other religious belief; a faith.
-A formal statement of Christian beliefs, esp. the Apostles' Creed or the Nicene Creed.
Synonyms;
belief - credo - faith - religion - persuasion

and ?

stop dilly-dallying with me, you read the bible for 22 years and still do not know how the forerunner of Christianity described the method for admittance into the kingdom.

What were you doing for this whole period, quite a long time if you ask me ? Sounds like you were chanting the rosary in Latin.

Is there any other form of baptism? I was baptised as a young boy and not a baby.

how were you baptised ?

What the f4ck is a catholic situation? Just shut up. Either you were a catholic or not.

mate , I was actually one of the leaders in a youth catholic fellowship, I was a member only because I was born into it.

By the way, believing in christ is what makes one a christian and not some Pentecostal definition of "born again"

wrong !

1. Believe
2. Repent
3. baptism with water
4. baptism with holy spirit
5. living a life that produces good fruit.

22 years

Try reading the gospel of John chapters 1-3 for me .

Your church didnt exist when the catholic church did those things. Simple

You still do not understand the meaning of CHURCH in Christ's own words.

What does church mean to you , a building or a spiritual body.

You would be a slave to Yoruba mythology. Simple.

and you would be an English atheist slave, no grin

Yawn. Nice try to escape again. I asked you a simple question and you are fumbling and trying to escape. You have no clue and you are trying to put the question back to me- "you should know"

escape from you ? I am only trying to help you recover from your ignorance on the issues of the bible.

22 years without the basic grasp of Christianity is a sure sign that you were never serious.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by tobechi74: 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
The ATHEIST

in pursuit of more knowledge
outside d "religous"cage
to know the world's age
he tore the bible and koran page
with heart ful of rage

off he left to an unknown place
ran into the waiting arm of science.
Where he was taught the white man ' guess'
he felt it made lot of sence.
And he belived it with haste

runs back home to tell his brother
look i just found the answer
of all those life question that bothers
there is no God,there is no master
this world has no designer

but the family failed to listen
they beat and slappd and even threatnd.
To kill him and charge him for treason
but couldnt make him see reason
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
Frosbel, I dont have your time.

You can keep claiming that catholics are not christians and that I was never a christian but you end up looking foolish. Why should your sect of christianity be true? Christianity has been around for 2,000 years. Your church has not even been around for a quarter of that time.

A kingdom divided against itself can not prosper. Irreligion is the fastest growing religion in the world.

Stop and think

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Is the Catholic Church the One And Only True Church? / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / 2013 Akwa-ibom. Xmas Carol Night Is Here (9999 Carol Singers) LIVE UPDATES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.