Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,552 members, 7,948,140 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:47 PM

Christ Is Head - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Is Head (8319 Views)

A Church In Lagos Where Every Member Is Head Of Witches And Wizards. / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God / The Anti Christ Is Tb Joshua Pls Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ Is Head by plappville(f): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2013
Bidam: my broda... me i don resign o.. e bi lyk say the thing dey too chuck dem for body say JESUS NA GOD... self-righteous pharisee grin

God Get Father? God dey pray to himself?? abi you dey contradict yourself??
Re: Christ Is Head by Yooguyz: 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2013
@BARRISTERS you were trying to say something i didn't quite get you
Re: Christ Is Head by plappville(f): 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
i.chuka:

The problem is that you guys are not ready to SEE!!!

To see that Yahweh and Jesus are like this in the below picture?

Re: Christ Is Head by truthislight: 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Christ Is Head by truthislight: 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
i.chuka:

Who told you His throne was empty.He left His Divinity/His Godly nature in Heaven and came down and took the form of a man,a servant to be precise....Phlippns2:6-8..He even send His Spirit back to Heaven before His death...Luke23:47.
His Divinity is that which makes Him God.

^^

this is one of the most st.upid things i have ever heard on NL.

Smh
Re: Christ Is Head by truthislight: 10:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
Boomark:

but the fullness of Godhead dwelt in him bodily. So how come he emptied everything in heaven?

lol. grin ^^^^^^^^
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 25, 2013
BARRISTERS:Nobody is denying jesus to be a God, but[b] The Bible never use Almighty for Jesus!
[/b]
WRONG! the bible actually says Jesus is almighty. The term “the almighty” is used 44 times in the Bible. The last verse referring to the almighty is Jesus claiming to be the almighty. How many almighties do we have? Only one and He Jesus, sits on the throne alone!

Rev 1:8
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 5:20am On Jan 25, 2013
Boomark:

Your problem is that you don't know the meaning of the term "God." I asked you before to look up the meaning of God.

Have you seen some thing like this before: "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ?"
keep fooling your sheoples..The Creator is also LORD IN SCRIPTURES. .10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11[b] I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
[/b]

Isa 43:14-15
14[b] Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships.
15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
[/b]
Isa 44:6
6[b] Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.[/b]
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 6:00am On Jan 25, 2013
Bidam: keep fooling your sheoples..The Creator is also LORD IN SCRIPTURES. .10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11[b] I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
[/b]

Isa 43:14-15
14[b] Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships.
15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
[/b]
Isa 44:6
6[b] Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.[/b]

Bidam what is The almighty Gods name??........

I had explained what Yahweh being thÉ only savior means but you never pay attention...............Yahweh works out the salvation of his people through his prophets,servants,messengers,and son.............because no one can see Yahweh and LIVE,he sends emissaries...........so Yahweh being the orchestrator and sender of his se®vants to save his people remains the one chief savior........how you can't get this point bewilders me.................dÍd I hear you quote isaiah 43:10 where the almighty calls someone my ""servant??.....I hope you know Jesus falls under that category.......he is the servant of the almighty GOD.........grin....
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 6:05am On Jan 25, 2013
plappville:

God Get Father? God dey pray to himself?? abi you dey contradict yourself??

Bidam is one who loves modalism so much.......he keeps contradicting and debunking himself...........if you ask am who him dey worship now him fit no know the answer..
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 6:06am On Jan 25, 2013
plappville:

Lmao..............they've turned God into a multi-personal being and one suffering from multi personality disorder.............smh!......
Re: Christ Is Head by ichuka(m): 6:38am On Jan 25, 2013
plappville:

Lol
Not funny ooh,Sis.
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 7:01am On Jan 25, 2013
i.chuka:

Lol
Not funny ooh,Sis.

Ichuka sincerely speaking this is what you guys have turned GOD into........you guys have turned .God to be like the noob saibot of mortal kombat......
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Lmao..............they've turned God into a multi-personal being and one suffering from multi personality disorder.............smh!......

lol..the foolishness of God is wiser than men( 1 cor 1 :25).. I will show you a scripture in revelation that will shock and keep all of you quiet forever..lemme go work come back. God is not multipersonal but multifaceted and multidimensional in wisdom.
Re: Christ Is Head by ichuka(m): 7:10am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Ichuka sincerely speaking this is what you guys have turned GOD into........you guys have turned .God to be like the noob saibot of mortal kombat......
Lol
B like say na sapele water dey talk dis early morning.
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

Bidam is one who loves modalism so much.......he keeps contradicting and debunking himself...........if you ask am who him dey worship now him fit no know the answer..
barristers agreed Jesus is a God..boomark agrees He is Lord..do you ijawkid agree ?
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 25, 2013
@ijawkid..the point is not about what perspective you interprete scriptures..there is One faith, one baptism, one Lord..barristers, plappville,boomark believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal savior? Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Personal Savior Pls answer the queshion..ayam waiting....
Re: Christ Is Head by ichuka(m): 7:35am On Jan 25, 2013
truthislight:

^^

this is one of the most st.upid things i have ever heard on NL.

Smh
Cherry picking won't get you anywhere.you claim to be a Christain abi,I ask you,what have you seen/is still seeing as the full purpose of God?
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 7:43am On Jan 25, 2013
Bidam: @ijawkid..the point is not about what perspective you interprete scriptures..there is One faith, one baptism, one Lord..barristers, plappville,boomark believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal savior? Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Personal Savior Pls answer the queshion..ayam waiting....

Yes ...!!!!!!!.........I believe Jesus was sent as savior to redeem me...........you dey hear me??.................but don't neglect Yahweh the one true GOD who sent the Jesus....u dey hear me again??.........
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 7:51am On Jan 25, 2013
Bidam: barristers agreed Jesus is a God..boomark agrees He is Lord..do you ijawkid agree ?

No be since I agree say Jesus was called a GOD.....??.......what we have been wanting to make you agree is that Jesus isn't the one true GOD(John 17:3).........that he isn't an equal with his GOD..........that he is less than the almighty GOD who is his Father and also our Father............you are the one fighting with truths and not me........I have long ago agreed that Jesus is my Lord from 1 corinthians 11:3...,but would you agree that Yahweh is the LORD of Jesus even after reading that same 1 ccorinthians 11:3??........instead you've been running around saying that Jesus is equal to Yahweh his LORD and GOD and contradicting yourself right, left ,back, front and center............you are the one remaining to accept scriptural truths.....
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 7:53am On Jan 25, 2013
i.chuka:

Lol
B like say na sapele water dey talk dis early morning.

Lol...na only person wey drink sapele water go gree say the one true GOD na multipersonal being.......only sapele water can do that to ones mind...............
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 7:54am On Jan 25, 2013
Bidam: lol..the foolishness of God is wiser than men( 1 cor 1 :25).. I will show you a scripture in revelation that will shock and keep all of you quiet forever..lemme go work come back. God is not multipersonal but multifaceted and multidimensional in wisdom.

Heheheheh....modalism at work.........
Re: Christ Is Head by plappville(f): 8:54am On Jan 25, 2013
i.chuka:

Lol
Not funny ooh,Sis.

Of course it's not funny! You guys make The God of the bible look like the Pagans gods with multiple body/heads. Right from OT God is known as one. WHY would He now become Two or Three in the NT?

If you read Mt. 26:39-42 in Gethsamane Jesus prays three times to the Father in doin' his will. Why does he ask for the Father to let this cup pass if he is God, Isn’t this like asking himself?

Yet we find the Apostle Paul’s greeting as grace and peace from both God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus identifies himself as the Son of God all throughout the Bible. If Jesus is the God almighty. Why Should Paul say. FROM GOD THE FATHER and THE LORD JESUS CHRIST?
Re: Christ Is Head by plappville(f): 9:02am On Jan 25, 2013
Bidam: barristers agreed Jesus is a God..boomark agrees He is Lord..do you ijawkid agree ?

Are we not also called gods? Didn't Serah called Abraham LOrd? But there is only one almighty God Which is Yahweh. And one Lord, Jesus Christ.
Re: Christ Is Head by plappville(f): 9:18am On Jan 25, 2013
Bidam: WRONG! the bible actually says Jesus is almighty. The term “the almighty” is used 44 times in the Bible. The last verse referring to the almighty is Jesus claiming to be the almighty. How many almighties do we have? Only one and He Jesus, sits on the throne alone!

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

JESUS SAYS HE SPEAKS WHAT GOD PUT IN HIS MOUTH. HE did lie did he?

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.

Infact, when Jesus Is talking It is Yahweh Talking. Jesus is not claiming to be the Father, the oga kpatapkata, the over all. Because He does not speaks words of His own.
Re: Christ Is Head by BARRISTERS: 9:28am On Jan 25, 2013
@Bidam

WRONG! the bible actually says Jesus is almighty. The term “the almighty” is used 44 times in the Bible. The last verse referring to the almighty is Jesus claiming to be the almighty. How many almighties do we have? Only one and He Jesus, sits on the throne alone!

majority translation favoured Lord-GOD and the almighty, definately- not jesus, lets see this too;

Isaiah 44:6 "This is what the LORD says--Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

few of this;

New International Version (©1984)
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says[b] the Lord God[/b], "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

New Living Translation (©2007)
"I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end," says the[b] Lord God[/b]. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come--the Almighty One."

English Standard Version (©2001)
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "the One who is, who was, and who is coming, the Almighty."

International Standard Version
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," declares the Lord God, "the one who is, who was, and who is coming, the Almighty."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the[b] Lord,[/b] which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

jesus was not mentioned in the verse! 'lord' 'Alpha and Omega',same meaning with 'the beginning and the ending' are all shared titles, i have treated that in my previous post.

what seemed to have made you conclude that it was jesus may be the use of word 'and which is to come' is it that? before i proceed! confirm first!
Re: Christ Is Head by BARRISTERS: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2013
@Bidam

plappville:

JESUS SAYS HE SPEAKS WHAT GOD PUT IN HIS MOUTH. HE did lie did he?

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.

Infact, when Jesus Is talking It is Yahweh Talking. Jesus is not claiming to be the Father, the oga kpatapkata,

the over all. Because He does not speaks words of His own.

do you note this superior answer above that beat all sorts of concortions that trinitarians have hung on 'the person' of jesus? and this is just an answer to a question. jesus before coming to the earth have been under the instruction of God his father, can you see the futuristic use of the words used ''I will raise up for them a prophet like you'' and ''I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him''. this evidence here has knocked out every insinuation that jesus is the same almighty God.only sincere hearts will agree sha!

3 Likes

Re: Christ Is Head by manmustwac(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2013
@BARRISTERS
You have been reported twice to me by yooguyz for posting insultive comments in which I had to hide. The next insult in which I have to hide will earn you a 48 hour ban. You have been warned. angry
Re: Christ Is Head by Yooguyz: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Is it that am hard of hearing or that i can't see?
@BARRISTERS what were you trying to say? How come i don't see your posts?
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
BARRISTERS: @Bidam

do you note this superior answer above that beat all sorts of concortions that trinitarians have hung on 'the person' of jesus? and this is just an answer to a question. jesus before coming to the earth have been under the instruction of God his father, can you see the futuristic use of the words used ''I will raise up for them a prophet like you'' and ''I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him''. this evidence here has knocked out every insinuation that jesus is the same almighty God.only sincere hearts will agree sha!
In John 8:24, Jesus literally said, "you will die in your sins, if you do not believe that, I AM."

1. Note the KJV, prints the "he" in italics, which indicates that it is a word supplied to give meaning. In this case it waters down the statement. Jesus said He was the great "I AM."

2. Exodus 3:14. Moses asks God who he should say has sent him to the Hebrews in bondage in Egypt. God repies, tell them "I AM" sent you.

3. "I AM" means "I am the One who is", or YAHWEH, which means Jehovah God. Further it means, the one who is active and self-existent. The word is used 6823 times in the Old Testament. It also is associated with God's holiness (Lev. 11:44-45), His hatred of sin (Gen. 6:3-7), and His gracious provision of redemption(Isa. 53:1,5,6,10).

4. There can be no doubt, Jesus said He was God.
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
[quote author=Bidam]In John 8:24, Jesus literally said, "you will die in your sins, if you do not believe that, I AM."

So I AM god , no ?

Because I AM grin

1. Note the KJV, prints the "he" in italics, which indicates that it is a word supplied to give meaning. In this case it waters down the statement. Jesus said He was the great "I AM."

I am HE , referring to I AM the Messiah.

Oh , let's hear from Peter.

"Then he asked them, "But who do you say I am?" Peter replied, "You are the Messiah." - Mark 8:29

Can you kindly tell me why Peter never called JESUS GOD , instead he called him MESSIAH ?

Can you also tell me why the demons called JESUS , Son of the most high and not GOD, hmm.

Jesus is simply saying, I AM the Messiah you have been waiting for.

2. Exodus 3:14. Moses asks God who he should say has sent him to the Hebrews in bondage in Egypt. God repies, tell them "I AM" sent you.

I AM , here connoting YAHWEH.

Stop confusing yourself, Pal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Picture Of A Woman Worshipping God Without Hands And Legs / Why Jesus Christ Actually Came To The Earth / MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.