Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,197 members, 7,928,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:19 PM

Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (26276 Views)

The Answer Of A German Muslim Scholar On Islam And Terrorism *worth D Read* / Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) / Invite To The Thread 'truth, Fabrications, Or Fallacies?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by diarra94(m): 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
tbaba1234:

Type anything about Islam on google and you get 10 hate sites out of every 20 results... Sites with no other agenda but to look for the worst stories about muslims even if they are lies and present it as Islam.
but what are muslims doing to show that they are actually good people. Look, people do bad things regardless of their religion but yot have to admit that muslims carry out massive killings and horiffic attacks in the name of religion. You have to understand that muslims created this bad image of themselves. I am nt against islam or any religion bt i am jst airing my views. No qualms

2 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
diarra94: but what are muslims doing to show that they are actually good people. Look, people do bad things regardless of their religion but yot have to admit that muslims carry out massive killings and horiffic attacks in the name of religion. You have to understand that muslims created this bad image of themselves. I am nt against islam or any religion bt i am jst airing my views. No qualms

Let's be factual, people have a very unbalanced view of things. It is partly due to media covering. Do you know how many innocent children are killed due to US drone strikes in the muslim world, entire villages live in fear. The media completely shut this off.. Do you know what happened in falluja , Iraq, during the Iraqi war, a war started on a lie... You will never hear this from the media. A muslim legitimately defending his home land is called an insurgent. What of the loop-sided support the US has for Israel in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.. There are lots of angry muslims, some take it too far by killing innocent civilians in retaliation. Misplaced aggression.

If the media attention given to the boston attacks were given to the innocent children killed in pakistan from US drone strike, maybe people will understand why some people are so angry. Muslims have internal problems but you have to understand that the biggest marketing tool for extremist organizations is painting the impression that there is a war against Islam. The more muslim children are murdered, the more recruits they will get.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by thorpido(m): 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2013
tbaba1234:

Let's be factual, people have a very unbalanced view of things. It is partly due to media covering. Do you know how many innocent children are killed due to US drone strikes in the muslim world, entire villages live in fear. The media completely shut this off.. Do you know what happened in falluja , Iraq, during the Iraqi war, a war started on a lie... You will never hear this from the media. A muslim legitimately defending his home land is called an insurgent. What of the loop-sided support the US has for Israel in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.. There are lots of angry muslims, some take it too far by killing innocent civilians in retaliation. Misplaced aggression.

If the media attention given to the boston attacks were given to the innocent children killed in pakistan from US drone strike, maybe people will understand why some people are so angry. Muslims have internal problems but you have to understand that the biggest marketing tool for extremist organizations is painting the impression that there is a war against Islam. The more muslim children are murdered, the more recruits they will get.

why is the west and media always to blame?There's no doubt that Islam has an internal problem.Rather than speak more on the problem and how to deal with it,u guys prefer the blame game.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2013
thorpido: why is the west and media always to blame?There's no doubt that Islam has an internal problem.Rather than speak more on the problem and how to deal with it,u guys prefer the blame game.

Difference, Muslims have internal problems not Islam.

They do share part of the blame, that's why... I have a friend born in America, his uncle was shot dead on the street in Iraq by US soldiers, He was not even a combatant.. He was born and breed in America, Imagine the conflicting feelings.

Have we forgotten the torture and dehumanizing of human beings in abu ghraib or the continuous detention of muslims in Guantanamo. Muslim kids are set up with phantoms terror plots by FBI agants.

The iraq war did more for extreme groups in the muslim world than any other single event.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
tbaba1234:

very funny post...you say Islam is just being misrepresented in the Media...hmmmn...what have you just done?hm,US Drone Strikes...someone uninformed reading that might infer that the US Government just woke up one Day and Decided to start Sending Drones out...about Fallujah,did you know that before the assault;the US Army gave weeks' advance warning of the Attack and used Loudspeakers and Drones to warn all Civillians to evacuate the City? The US used white Phosphorus,which while a Brutal weapon,does not breach any of the International Weapons Conventions. but not to diverge too much;even with the "innocents" that are killed by Drones and such,im sure you know that the Collateral damage is actually very small. bring figures to the Table to dispute that,but please;also bring the Casualty Figures of Islamic Terrorism
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
tbaba1234:

Type anything about Islam on google and you get 10 hate sites out of every 20 results... Sites with no other agenda but to look for the worst stories about muslims even if they are lies and present it as Islam.

This is huge money been pumped into this:

Read the report by the center of American progress:

http://www.americanprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/issues/2011/08/pdf/islamophobia.pdf

Some of the facts:

The funding
• More than $40 million flowed from seven foundations over 10 years.

• The foundations funding the misinformation experts:
Donors Capital Fund; Richard Mellon Scaife Foundation;
Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation; Newton and Rochelle Becker
Foundation and Newton and Rochelle Becker Charitable Trust;
Russell Berrie Foundation, Anchorage Charitable Fund and William
Rosenwald Family Fund; Fairbrook Foundation.

The misinformation experts
• Five experts generate the false facts and materials used by political leaders, grassroots groups, and the media:
• Frank Gaffney at the Center for Security Policy
• David Yerushalmi at the Society of Americans for National Existence
• Daniel Pipes at the Middle East Forum
• Robert Spencer ofJihad Watch and Stop Islamization of America
• Steven Emerson of the Investigative Project on Terrorism
• These experts travel the country and work with or testify before state legislatures calling for a ban on the nonexisting threat of Sharia law in America and proclaiming that the vast majority of mosques in our country harbor Islamist terrorists or sympathizers.
• David Yerushalmi’s “model legislation” banning Sharia law has been cut and pasted into bills in South Carolina, Texas, and Alaska. His video on how to draft an anti-Sharia bill and his online tools have been picked up nationwide.

hmmmn...its either you didnt get my point very well or you are deliberately trying to deflect,rather than address point...ill give you the Benefit of the Doubt;when i said Google,i expected that anyone reading that would apply discretion in the results...I repeat;
for every one of your hoaxes and lies,a simple search will turn up hundreds of very similar incidents which are very true,to confirm;put in the subject of each of your hoaxes in google's search Field eg Islam child marriage,Islam Child Brutality,Islam Massacre ...etc etc ...
check reputable news sites.thank you
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
Movingcoil: No single condemnation of which lies against islam? Who made this case? A christian or a muslim? Since itz a muslim whose only sole objective is to salvage the nefarious remains of islam by all means, how do u expect the judgement of a christian when u dug out ur claims all by urself, twisted it all by urself and presented it all by ur islam mindset and even went so far to say that the so called woman is a christian just to score points, ie wat I call pathetic allutrupuration of the mind. I never knew the boston bombers were muslim, never wanted to get interested in that news till now cos i knew who those kind of activities are synonymous 2 but alas my suspicion wasn't wrong after'all

Wow evangelism by lies it is, no condemnation of lies and slander done by christians instead you insist lies and slander are right as long as your "truth" abides! That is a pity, if you claim to worship God and yet find lies acceptable and slander good then what god do you really worship? The one who I know loves lies and slander and is the king of falsehood is the devil! If no single christian who have posted on this thread have the fear of God to condemn lies then shame it is on the whole of you lot!

Responses we have received in this thread conclusively put it to us that rather than christians here living in a period of grace it seems you have fallen into a period of falsehood where lies are truth and slander becomes the first of the 10 commandments!

2 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2013
Movingcoil: am Still contemplating the true meaning of ur evangelism of lies in this context, okay lemme go 2ru dz lane in a diplomatic arizuzu. If u wanna convene ur message 2 someone who has a free right to existence and worship, won't u try to use any conceivable and appealing conjectures to win the person's interest ie wat somehow u'l see in christianity but this ur particular evangelism of lies is just the usual propaganda muslims use to seek out 2 deir deficits in this struggle but wait, how would a muslim spread his religion if not through attracting self pity like the op, violence as the mohammed and the boko haram are doing and propaganda against christianity as the likers of the op's comment are doing. Please can one muslim explain to me how mohammed died ie his life and death cos I don't want to be said that am lieing against islam if I believe the one I heard.

Wow the inchoherency of Evangelism by Lies!

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
koonbey:

hmmmn...its either you didnt get my point very well or you are deliberately trying to deflect,rather than address point...ill give you the Benefit of the Doubt;when i said Google,i expected that anyone reading that would apply discretion in the results...I repeat; check reputable news sites.thank you

How do you sieve the junk from the good material? you expected?? you think everyone uses dicretion?? Really??

2 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
koonbey: very funny post...you say Islam is just being misrepresented in the Media...hmmmn...what have you just done?hm,US Drone Strikes...someone uninformed reading that might infer that the US Government just woke up one Day and Decided to start Sending Drones out...about Fallujah,did you know that before the assault;the US Army gave weeks' advance warning of the Attack and used Loudspeakers and Drones to warn all Civillians to evacuate the City? The US used white Phosphorus,which while a Brutal weapon,does not breach any of the International Weapons Conventions. but not to diverge too much;even with the "innocents" that are killed by Drones and such,im sure you know that the Collateral damage is actually very small. bring figures to the Table to dispute that,but please;also bring the Casualty Figures of Islamic Terrorism

Please investigate the deaths of from drone strikes of innocent civilians and come back... There is no justification on what happened in falluja... what about bombed weddings ?? i really don't want to go into this discussion because id get upset.

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
tbaba1234:

Difference, Muslims have internal problems not Islam.

They do share part of the blame, that's why... I have a friend born in America, his uncle was shot dead on the street in Iraq by US soldiers, He was not even a combatant.. He was born and breed in America, Imagine the conflicting feelings.

Have we forgotten the torture and dehumanizing of human beings in abu ghraib or the continuous detention of muslims in Guantanamo. Muslim kids are set up with phantoms terror plots by FBI agants.

The iraq war did more for extreme groups in the muslim world than any other single event.
once again,you fail to give us complete information,those Terrorists were tortured to get information crucial to forestalling subsequent terror attacks,they were beaten,threatened with Dogs,humiliated variously...ok.FYI...only ONE prisoner Died as a result of all that. but i'm sure you know that worse things have been done in the name of Islam;have you forgotten that less than a year before these abuses started,almost 3000 Americans were killed by "Muhajiddeens"?
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by viexcey(f): 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2013
I'm here just to say few things: JESUS CHRIST( who died and was raised on the third day by his holy father,THE ALMIGHTY GOD) is the only WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE...no one,i repeat,no one goes to the father(GOD) except through him. I urge you to repent and give your life to Christ,if you haven't done that and he will take away all your worries.

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2013
tbaba1234:

Please investigate the deaths of from drone strikes of innocent civilians and come back... There is no justification on what happened in falluja... what about bombed weddings ?? i really don't want to go into this discussion because id get upset.
its either you are one of those fanatics who argue with emotions rather than facts and are now at a loss in the face of Facts...or you really
don't want to go into this discussion because id get upset
ok cool
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by diarra94(m): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
tbaba1234:

the iraqi war was based on a lie? Really? Even today with the absence of the us army innocent people are killed in iraq. Lets take that of northern nigeria, hundreds of people esp xtians were killed before the army was deployed. And the muslims were complaining that the soldiers were harassing them and they wanted the soldiers removed completely ignoring what was happening. Usually when there is war innocent pple suffer so its best to avoid war in the beginning. U know muslims misconcept things. If the us army attacks a muslim country, that doesnt make it a religious war so muslims should nt attack christians. The us army doesnt represent xtians or xtianity in any way. They should rather blame the US or any responsible country.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2013
on a parting note... no Religion is Innocent ;Christianity,Islam,Budhism,Judaism,Sango,Orunmila;all have Bloody Hands...but the truth is that in this day and age of Ours,Islam is Currently the Most Blood-Thirsty one...that's the Truth,don't be stupid enough or Fanatic minded enough to dispute that. if you belong to any of the others mentioned above and are tempted to show your ignorance and stupidity by denying that; Make Google your Friend. Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
koonbey: once again,you fail to give us complete information,those Terrorists were tortured to get information crucial to forestalling subsequent terror attacks,they were beaten,threatened with Dogs,humiliated variously...ok.FYI...only ONE prisoner Died as a result of all that. but i'm sure you know that worse things have been done in the name of Islam;have you forgotten that less than a year before these abuses started,almost 3000 Americans were killed by "Muhajiddeens"?

Ok, some people would rather die than be exposed to the kind of humiliation at abu ghraib. Have you seen the pictures?

I don't like to compare tragedies, sept 11 was sad event.

Since you like to cover the big picture, do you know that half a million iraqi children died as a result of us sanctions .Sanctions were placed on even the most basic food supplies. This was before the war built on a lie. 500000 children, Then-Secretary of State Madeleine Albright's quote, calmly asserting that U.S. policy objectives were worth the sacrifice of half a million Arab children. The video is on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbIX1CP9qr4&playnext=1&list=PL9A904412DB7B4A48&feature=results_main

500000 babies.

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2013
Iraq war was based on supposed weapons of mass destruction.

Can anyone point to any weapon found?

Saddam had no links with armed groups so you can't say it was 'terrorism'.

The country was destabilised, they are yet to get back on their feet

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2013
koonbey: its either you are one of those fanatics who argue with emotions rather than facts and are now at a loss in the face of Facts...or you really ok cool

If you have seen any of my arguments here, you will know that is not the case.. What facts have you presented??

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
Firstly,I am not here defending the USA...dont make this all about the USA.. what facts have I presented the same facts that you didnt want to go into to avoid getting upset,duh. about the 500,000 casualties...

The sanctions against Iraq were a near-total financial and trade embargo imposed by the United Nations Security Council on the nation of Iraq. They began August 6, 1990, four days after Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, stayed largely in force until May 2003 (after Saddam Hussein's being forced from power),[1] and persisted in part, including reparations to Kuwait, through the present.[2][3]

The original stated purposes of the sanctions were to compel Iraq to withdraw from Kuwait, to pay reparations, and to disclose and eliminate any weapons of mass destruction.

Initially the UN Security Council imposed stringent economic sanctions on Iraq by adopting and enforcing United Nations Security Council Resolution 661.[4] After the end of the 1991 Persian Gulf War, those sanctions were extended and elaborated on, including linkage to removal of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), by Resolution 687.[5][6] The sanctions banned all trade and financial resources except for medicine and "in humanitarian circumstances" foodstuffs, whose import into Iraq was tightly regulated.[4]
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
^You were the one who brought Sept 11... I said there are genuine angry muslims over US foreign policy. Also i have also shown you an investigative report showing that there is a lot of money pumped into a campaign of hate against muslims. I am not here to defend actions by any muslim or group of muslim. I am here to show that people must be balanced in presenting their views, there are two sides to every thing, something many people fail to do, including you unfortunately.

I wonder how anyone can support drone attacks killing babies and tell me it is collateral damage or tell me 'only' one person died in one of the most disgusting acts of torture

People died in Iraq because of a massive shortage of food and medical supplies.

High rates of malnutrition, lack of medical supplies, and diseases from lack of clean water were reported during sanctions.[G.R. Popal (July 2000). "Impact of sanctions on the population of Iraq". Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. Retrieved 2011-06-03.)

Anyway got to go now , later.

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by blackmale1: 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
koonbey: ... no Religion is Innocent ;Christianity,Islam,Budhism,Judaism,Sango,Orunmila;all have Bloody Hands...but the truth is that in this day and age of Ours,Islam is Currently the Most Blood-Thirsty one...that's the Truth,don't be stupid enough or Fanatic minded enough to dispute that. if you belong to any of the others mentioned above and are tempted to show your ignorance and stupidity by denying that; Make Google your Friend. Thank You.
[b][/b]
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
tbaba1234:

[b]You fail to understand something here. NO TERRORISM NO DRONES!Why start a war with an enemy that u can never win? The reason why American drones are flying all over the Muslim world is because of terrorism. Muslims start what they can not finish and when the superior power responds, they begin to shout that 'innocent' people are being killed. Look at what is happening in northern Nigeria right now, the Muslims are beginning to shout and cry about JTF excesses forgetting that without boko haram there would be no JTF in the first place. When the boko haram was blasting churches they all keep quiet and looked the other way. Imagine them asking for the FG to withdraw the JTF forgetting that millions of Christians in the north would be left like sheep to be slaughtered by the boko haram without the JTF. HOW SELFISH!! Also take a look at Israel and their Arab neighbors. Hamas will fire a rocket into Israel and run to hide amongst women & children. When Israel comes out to respond to their provocation they begin to shout that women & children are being killed.

I think the jihadists are the TRULY wicked ones and should be blamed for all that is happening to Islam and it's battered image and not Christians. Muslims should rise up and hold them responsible for everything. Since the jihadists are ready to die why carry out attack and then run into the midst of Muslim women & children? How do u expect Israel not to respond when rockets are fired into their country? How do u expect America not to respond when people decide to fly planes into buildings and bomb marathon races? Look at Iran now shouting that they want to wipe Israel out of the map and the Muslims are clapping and celebrating them forgetting in a hurry that Israel defeated all the Arab world in just six days! U guys don't seem to understand that u can NEVER win a war against America & Israel! It will not take up to one month for America to bomb Iran out of existence. This is the fact, the truth and the hard reality why can't u Muslims just accept this??

Bottom line is the jihadists should drop their weapons and abandon their jihad in the interest of innocent Muslim women & children that end up paying the price.

NO JIHAD NO DRONES, NO BOKO HARAM NO JTF!!![/b][b][/b]

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
[b]You fail to understand something here. NO TERRORISM NO DRONES!Why start a war with an enemy that u can never win? The reason why American drones are flying all over the Muslim world is because of terrorism. Muslims start what they can not finish and when the superior power responds, they begin to shout that 'innocent' people are being killed. Look at what is happening in northern Nigeria right now, the Muslims are beginning to shout and cry about JTF excesses forgetting that without boko haram there would be no JTF in the first place. When the boko haram was blasting churches they all keep quiet and looked the other way. Imagine them asking for the FG to withdraw the JTF forgetting that millions of Christians in the north would be left like sheep to be slaughtered by the boko haram without the JTF. HOW SELFISH!! Also take a look at Israel and their Arab neighbors. Hamas will fire a rocket into Israel and run to hide amongst women & children. When Israel comes out to respond to their provocation they begin to shout that women & children are being killed.

I think the jihadists are the TRULY wicked ones and should be blamed for all that is happening to Islam and it's battered image and not Christians. Muslims should rise up and hold them responsible for everything. Since the jihadists are ready to die why carry out attack and then run into the midst of Muslim women & children? How do u expect Israel not to respond when rockets are fired into their country? How do u expect America not to respond when people decide to fly planes into buildings and bomb marathon races? Look at Iran now shouting that they want to wipe Israel out of the map and the Muslims are clapping and celebrating them forgetting in a hurry that Israel defeated all the Arab world in just six days! U guys don't seem to understand that u can NEVER win a war against America & Israel! It will not take up to one month for America to bomb Iran out of existence. This is the fact, the truth and the hard reality why can't u Muslims just accept this??

Bottom line is the jihadists should drop their weapons and abandon their jihad in the interest of innocent Muslim women & children that end up paying the price.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2013

So in the heart of some Christians this kid is fighting a Jihad? pathetic people indeed

In an extensive analysis of open-source documents, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism found that 2,292 people had been killed by US missiles, including as many as 775 civilians.

The strikes, which began under President George W Bush but have since accelerated during the presidency of Barack Obama, are hated inPakistan, where families live in fear of the bright specks that appear to hover in the sky overhead.

[size=18pt]In just a single attack on a madrassah in 2006 up to 69 children lost their lives[/size].

Chris Woods, who led the research, said the detailed database of deaths would send shockwaves through Pakistan, where political and military leaders repeatedly denounce the strikes in public, while privately allowing the US to continue.

"This is a military campaign run by a secret service which raised problems of accountability, transparency and you have a situation where neither the Pakistanis nor Americans are clear about any agreements in place and where the reporting is difficult," he said.

http://beforeitsnews.com/war-on-terror/2012/07/168-children-killed-in-drone-strikes-in-pakistan-since-start-of-campaign-2418370.html

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by LordReed(m): 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2013
gidiMonsta:

The Satanic Verses - Salman Rushdie. Lizzie even knighted the weasel for the book of lies, that's how far your terrorvangelist brothers will go to discredit Islam.

So fictional literature has now become a treatise on religion? LMAO! You are pathetically funny.
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2013
vedaxcool:

So in the heart of some Christians this kid is fighting a Jihad? pathetic people indeed

In an extensive analysis of open-source documents, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism found that 2,292 people had been killed by US missiles, including as many as 775 civilians.

The strikes, which began under President George W Bush but have since accelerated during the presidency of Barack Obama, are hated inPakistan, where families live in fear of the bright specks that appear to hover in the sky overhead.

[size=18pt]In just a single attack on a madrassah in 2006 up to 69 children lost their lives[/size].

Chris Woods, who led the research, said the detailed database of deaths would send shockwaves through Pakistan, where political and military leaders repeatedly denounce the strikes in public, while privately allowing the US to continue.

"This is a military campaign run by a secret service which raised problems of accountability, transparency and you have a situation where neither the Pakistanis nor Americans are clear about any agreements in place and where the reporting is difficult," he said.

http://beforeitsnews.com/war-on-terror/2012/07/168-children-killed-in-drone-strikes-in-pakistan-since-start-of-campaign-2418370.html

I strongly condemn the killing of innocent women & children that is why I blame the jihadists for all these unnecessary bloodshed. Nothing justifies the killing of innocent people whether they Muslims or Christians. Why carry out attacks and then run to hide amongst innocent Muslim women & children? WHY?
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2013
EUROFIGHTERR:

I strongly condemn the killing of innocent women & children that is why I blame the jihadists for all these unnecessary bloodshed. Nothing justifies the killing of innocent people whether they Muslims or Christians. Why carry out attacks and then run to hide amongst innocent Muslim women & children? WHY?

So the terrorist told the Americans to bomb civilians? this is quite pathetic indeed, so if an armed person was to enter your home, it is justifiable to bomb the entire building with your family in it just because the armed man rush to enter your home? truly this daft and I have not the patience to engage such, most of the drone strike occur not in the midst of hostilities but usually when people are just going about their normal business but like this thread have long proven, a typical Christian will lie in proving their own fact!

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
vedaxcool:

So the terrorist told the Americans to bomb civilians? this is quite pathetic indeed, so if an armed person was to enter your home, it is justifiable to bomb the entire building with your family in it just because the armed man rush to enter your home? truly this daft and I have not the patience to engage such, most of the drone strike occur not in the midst of hostilities but usually when people are just going about their normal business but like this thread have long proven, a typical Christian will lie in proving their own fact!

[b]U're the daft one here because u cannot understand my simple argument. Did u read my earlier posts properly? Since the jihadists know that their innocent women & children are being killed because of their actions why can't they abandon their jihad so that innocent women & children can live? I don't support the Americans blowing up a building simply because a jihadist is there not minding the innocent ones but since the Americans & Israelis have decided to take this line why can't the jihadists stop the attacks if for nothing just for the sake of these innocent Muslim women & children? Israel is not bombing Palestine now because Hamas has not fired any rockets into Israel. Knowing all that has happened in the past, wouldn't it be foolish of Hamas to provoke Israel? But they don't learn (Recent Boston bombing is an example).

U expect America to wait for the jihadists to organize their attacks before before responding? That would be foolish because it is common knowledge that the best type of defense strategy is attack. Since the jihadists have decided to be unrepentant about their attacks, innocent Muslim women & children will continue to suffer.

RENOUNCE JIHAD & TERRORISM AND THE DRONES WILL LEAVE THE SKIES! SIMPLE! Do u need a Masters degree to understand this??

Blame ur Jihadists brothers and not Christians for ur woes and the battered image of Islam.[/b]
Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by vedaxcool(m): 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
EUROFIGHTERR:

[b]U're the daft one here because u cannot understand my simple argument. Did u read my earlier posts properly? Since the jihadists know that their innocent women & children are being killed because of their actions why can't they abandon their jihad so that innocent women & children can live? I don't support the Americans blowing up a building simply because a jihadist is there not minding the innocent ones but since the Americans & Israelis have decided to take this line why can't the jihadists stop the attacks if for nothing just for the sake of these innocent Muslim women & children? Israel is not bombing Palestine now because Hamas has not fired any rockets into Israel. Knowing all that has happened in the past, wouldn't it be foolish of Hamas to provoke Israel? But they don't learn (Recent Boston bombing is an example).

U expect America to wait for the jihadists to organize their attacks before before responding? That would be foolish because it is common knowledge that the best type of defense strategy is attack. Since the jihadists have decided to be unrepentant about their attacks, innocent Muslim women & children will continue to suffer.

RENOUNCE JIHAD & TERRORISM AND THE DRONES WILL LEAVE THE SKIES! SIMPLE! Do u need a Masters degree to understand this??

Blame ur Jihadists brothers and not Christians for ur woes and the battered image of Islam.[/b]

Someone sends a missles and kills kids, women and civilians and the same person is free from blame, poor you indeed, only one bereft of any form of common sense would make such argument, it is because of ignoramus like yourself that the world made the Geneva convention, which expressly forbid killing of civilians, in a normal world you would be proclaimed a war criminal or in the lest one who finds war crimes acceptable; see what the U.N is doing to end the unjustifiable killing of civilians in the name of a war against people living in their own country!

The US must open itself to an independent investigation into its use of drone strikes or the United Nations will be forced to step in, Ben Emmerson QC said yesterday.

His comments came as Pakistani officials said that a US drone strike had killed at least four militants after targeting their vehicles in North Waziristan on Sunday. Attacks by American unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are deeply unpopular in the country, which claims they violate its sovereignty and fan anti-US sentiment.

Only last week cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan vowed to defy Taliban threats to attend a rally in Pakistan's tribal areas aimed at highlighting the human cost of US drone strikes.

Mr Emmerson, a leading London barrister and UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights and Counter-Terrorism, said America is facing mounting global pressure over its use of UAVs and he is preparing a report for the next session of the Human Rights Council in March. The issue, he insists, will “remain at the top of the UN political agenda until some consensus and transparency has been achieved”.

American UAV strikes, most notably in Pakistan and Yemen, have shot up since Barrack Obama came to power. Estimates state that while there were 52 such strikes during George W Bush's time, this number has risen to 282 over the past three and a half years, with officials justifying it has international “self defence” against a stateless enemy.

Mr Emmerson said it was time for the US to open itself up to scrutiny as to the legality of such attacks. While it remains nigh on impossible for observers to establish the truth on the ground in many of areas, each strike is visually recorded and videos could be passed to independent assessors, he explained.

“We can't make a decision on whether it is lawful or unlawful if we do not have the data. The recommendation I have made is that users of targeted killing technology should be required to subject themselves, in the case of each and every death, to impartial investigation. If they do not establish a mechanism to do so, it will be my recommendation that the UN should put the mechanisms in place through the Human Rights Council, the General Assembly and the Office of the High Commissioner”, he said.

He continued: “The Obama administration continues formally to adopt the position that it will neither confirm nor deny the existence of the drone program, whilst allowing senior officials to give public justifications of its supposed legality in personal lectures and interviews. In reality the administration is holding its finger in the dam of public accountability. There are now a large number of law suits, in different parts of the world, including in the UK, Pakistan and in the US itself, through which pressure for investigation and accountability is building.”

Recently Wajid Shamsui Hasan, Pakistani High Commissioner, said the US strikes “violated” his country and encouraged extremism while last month Navi Pillay, UN Commissioner on the Protection of Civilians in Armed Conflict said she was “seriously concerned” by reports of civilian deaths in Yemen, Pakistan and Somalia.

Mr Khan, who heads the Pakistan Movement for Justice party (PTI) intends to join a rally in Miranshah, North Waziristan, next month to protest against the US's policy of using drones to target suspected militants, when civilians get caught in the crossfire.

During the last session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva in June many states, including Russia, China and Pakistan called for an investigation into the use of drone strikes as a means of targeted killing. I was asked by these states to bring forward proposals on this issue and I am working closely on the subject of drones with Christof Heyns the UN Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary and arbitrary execution. The issue is moving rapidly up the international agenda,” explained Mr Emmerson, who has called for the “end to the conspiracy of silence”.

Last month, the Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) and the American Civil Liberties Union filed a law suit against senior CIA and military officials over the killing of three Yemeni-American citizens, including a 16-year-old boy. The first hit in September 2011 killed the extremist imam Anwar Al-Aulaqi and alleged al-Qa'ida propagandist Samir Khan.

“Two weeks later, on October 14, US drone strikes killed Anwar Al-Aulaqi's son, 16-year-old Abdulrahman Al-Aulaqi as he was eating dinner with his teenage cousin at an open-air restaurant,” said the CCR, claiming that the “escalated and expanded” use of drone strikes since the Obama administration came to power had killed hundreds of civilians amongst the estimated 2,500 deaths.

In May, White House counter-terrorism advisor John Brennan defended the targeted killings of al-Qa'ida suspects as effective tool to minimise civilian casualties, likening the use of drones to laser surgery eliminating “the cancerous tumour called an al-Qa'ida terrorist”.

A key aspect of any investigation would be whether strikes are taking place within a theatre of war such as Afghanistan or on sovereign territories outside the conflict zone despite US assertions that they are conducting a global war against a stateless enemy.

More than 50 countries worldwide now have the use of UAVs. The most dynamic sector in the aviation industry is estimated to be worth £4 billion a year with millions being poured into researching more sophisticated varieties such as autonomous drones that do not even require remote pilots.

The RAF's Predator MQ-9 Reapers, launched from Kandahar but piloted from Creech Air Force Base in Nevada by 39 Squadron, are used for surveillance in Afghanistan.

MoD figures from May state that UK drones had flown a total of 34,750 hours and fired 281 missiles and laser-guided bombs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/us-should-hand-over-footage-of-drone-strikes-or-face-un-inquiry-8061504.html

In international law and common sense, you are held responsible for actions of yours that lead to killing of innocent civillians, but unfortunately for people like you the only sense you know is the one you sit in one corner of your room ill informed and dishonest like Pamela and co, and make dogmatic statements that only shames the decency of human life!

1 Like

Re: Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims by REVOLUTNIS: 11:06pm On Apr 20, 2013
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos / What Religion Did The People Of Arabia Practise Before Islam? / Giant Dome Collapses At Indonesian Mosque Due To Fire Outbreak (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.