Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,236 members, 7,887,657 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:01 PM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55485 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 9:52am On Feb 16, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Where is Efemena?
AWOL
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 16, 2013
Why has redmosquito not updated yet?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 16, 2013
Oya make Red Mosquito update our novel na...
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2013
What's happening? Isn't redmoss updating again?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
Na only Red_Moss own qo DIFFERENT o.. Come update joorh
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 12:05am On Feb 17, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Where is Efemena?

Over here Larry.

Rap maestro: AWOL

No. I'm very much around.

Mazi_Omenuko: What's happening? Isn't redmoss updating again?

Beats me, too. undecided undecided

Okay, Larry - I've just had a look at the detection thread and I don't see any updates from Red Mosquito.

Today is the 17th, so what gives? Do I continue to wait for his update or do I start work on my piece?

Give us some direction here pls....
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 12:19am On Feb 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Over here Larry.

No. I'm very much around.
Beats me, too. undecided undecided

Okay, Larry - I've just had a look at the detection thread and I don't see any updates from Red Mosquito.

Today is the 16th, so what gives? Do I continue to wait for his update or do I start work on my piece?

Give us some direction here pls....

Let mee contact Red Moss first. I can't believe he did this. There must be a good reason.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 12:38am On Feb 17, 2013
^^ Okay then.

But just to make you aware, the longer the delay, the more it "eats" into my allocated time slot...

I wouldn't want to jeopardize the quality of my piece due to insufficient time to develop my characters, plots, settings, dialogue, etc...
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 17, 2013
Where d hell is sef moss.its already 17th
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 12:41am On Feb 17, 2013
Okay, Red Moss PMed me and apologized immensely to you all for not updating yesterday. He promised that he'd definitely post his chapter today. He has written it already, but he was so busy yesterday that he could not type it. So, today, he's going to update. I'm sorry, Efemena_xy, for any inconveniece this late post may pose. I hope you'd be able to manage the short time you've got to post.

I'm using this to implore all the writers to stick to the time allocated, it's very important we follow schedules, so that the dear readers wouldn't have any reason to eviscerate us with words.

Thanks all.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 12:49am On Feb 17, 2013
^^ It all boils down to time management Larry.

I too have a hectic schedule, more than most of you would ever imagine - but that doesn't mean I'd slack on my deliverables!

Frank posted his update a day early, so that gave red moss an extra day for goodness sake! Now you say he's gonna post his update today.

When exactly, if you don't mind my asking?

I did foresee something like this happening, hence my suggestion a few days ago that we agree a specific time on our allocated days that updates be posted. That way, we'd be given enough alert if a writer's falling behind schedule. When I made the suggestion, comments in response gave the impression that I was going over board.

Anyway, I just dey watch sha. If the delay's too long, then I really will pull out. I'd rather not post anything here than post a sub standard update.

I hope you understand the angle I'm coming from.

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 1:01am On Feb 17, 2013
I understand the kind of position you're being placed now, Efemena, I sincerely hope he updates early.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 17, 2013
Larry-Sun:
I understand the kind of position you're being placed now, Efemena, I sincerely hope he updates early.
we re hoping.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 1:41am On Feb 17, 2013

Efe and the rest of the guys, I'm sorry for my delay. I really do have the update, but I guess its just a null statement if I cant post it.
I will love to promise tomorrow afternoon but I'm afraid of usual setbacks. I'll post it by seven O'clock P.M latest .
I'm no longer on break and as such I am now always bent and broken by hostel and class forces.
I'm sorry for my delay.

Efe dont worry, I cooked up a good Koko, as in a good Chief Koko, dont worry you'll make it through. I'm apologising to you most especially, no vex for me abeg.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 2:41am On Feb 17, 2013
Redmosquito:
Efe and the rest of the guys, I'm sorry for my delay. I really do have the update, but I guess its just a null statement if I cant post it.
I will love to promise tomorrow afternoon but I'm afraid of usual setbacks. I'll post it by seven O'clock P.M latest .
I'm no longer on break and as such I am now always bent and broken by hostel and class forces.
I'm sorry for my delay.

Efe dont worry, I cooked up a good Koko, as in a good Chief Koko, dont worry you'll make it through. I'm apologising to you most especially, no vex for me abeg.

Really?

Pls don't play on my intelligence or attempt to take the rest of us here for f00ls. It's bad enough that you can't seem to set your priorities straight, but to fib about it also??

You had no qualms giving your thread lengthy updates on the 13th, 14th and 15th, did you? https://www.nairaland.com/1185626/sango-return-lightning/8#14290903

So what prevented you from using that time, plus the extra day you had at your disposal (from Frank's early submission) in getting your act together?

Now you ask that I wait one extra day for you abi? Or rather you feel its okay for you to take my time to clean up your act? Don't bother. Why don't you go ahead and write my chapter as well?

Afterall, you obviously take this exercise a lot more seriously than I do.

Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Tomeseen(f): 2:59am On Feb 17, 2013
Just one itty bitty suggestion. Oga larry since wey i been don dey following you, i dey enjoy your response to crisis well well, so i reckon you'll have a "bestest" way to resolve this problem ASAP with both sides satisfied. Thanks in advance
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 7:46am On Feb 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Really?

Pls don't play on my intelligence or attempt to take the rest of us here for f00ls. It's bad enough that you can't seem to set your priorities straight, but to fib about it also??

You had no qualms giving your thread lengthy updates on the 13th, 14th and 15th, did you? https://www.nairaland.com/1185626/sango-return-lightning/8#14290903

So what prevented you from using that time, plus the extra day you had at your disposal (from Frank's early submission) in getting your act together?

Now you ask that I wait one extra day for you abi? Or rather you feel its okay for you to take my time to clean up your act? Don't bother. Why don't you go ahead and write my chapter as well?

Afterall, you obviously take this exercise a lot more seriously than I do.

Thank You.

Efe u're getting it all wrong. My laptop is dead and out of reach.
I've had to travel out of Lagos unplanned, I have the update. I will get back today but it might take a while thats all.
I do not play on no ones' intelligence. I was planning on updating on my set time, no later or earlier, and so I kept the update even though I'd completed it. I am just afraid there'll be no light back in hostel when I get back, that's why I said 7 p.m latest. I wont lie to you. I updated my stories between 7pm and midnights, check their time, its because thats the only time my hostel is assured of light.
I have the thing already, dont think I dont. I was expecting to update at night and some needs arose and I've had to rush home for a day.
I'm really sorry. I sincerely am.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 9:51am On Feb 17, 2013
Redmosquito:

Efe u're getting it all wrong. My laptop is dead and out of reach.
I've had to travel out of Lagos unplanned, I have the update. I will get back today but it might take a while thats all.
I do not play on no ones' intelligence. I was planning on updating on my set time, no later or earlier, and so I kept the update even though I'd completed it. I am just afraid there'll be no light back in hostel when I get back, that's why I said 7 p.m latest. I wont lie to you. I updated my stories between 7pm and midnights, check their time, its because thats the only time my hostel is assured of light.
I have the thing already, dont think I dont. I was expecting to update at night and some needs arose and I've had to rush home for a day.
I'm really sorry. I sincerely am.

I will not be dangled from a shoe string nor taken for a ride by you or anyone else Red.

If you really have that update as you claim to have, and not simply stalling for time here - then what stops you from popping into the nearest internet cafe to upload your story?? Why wait till the end of the day?

Let's look at this objectively. Each writer is allocated 4 days to deliver their story. You've had an extra day from Frank, plus you intend to snip a day off me for yourself. So that gives you what? Six (6) days abi? While mine is slashed to three (3) days abi? And you call that fair, yes?

No need for long story, jare. You might as well take the remaining 3 days and work on chapter 4, since you're obviously taking the p!$$ here.

Thank You.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 10:00am On Feb 17, 2013
Efemena, I just sent you a mail. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 10:09am On Feb 17, 2013
Tomeseen: Just one itty bitty suggestion. Oga larry since wey i been don dey following you, i dey enjoy your response to crisis well well, so i reckon you'll have a "bestest" way to resolve this problem ASAP with both sides satisfied. Thanks in advance
em... so what is the suggestion?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 10:22am On Feb 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I will not be dangled from a shoe string nor taken for a ride by you or anyone else Red.

If you really have that update as you claim to have, and not simply stalling for time here - then what stops you from popping into the nearest internet cafe to upload your story?? Why wait till the end of the day?

Let's look at this objectively. Each writer is allocated 4 days to deliver their story. You've had an extra day from Frank, plus you intend to snip a day off me for yourself. So that gives you what? Six (6) days abi? While mine is slashed to three (3) days abi? And you call that fair, yes?

No need for long story, jare. You might as well take the remaining 3 days and work on chapter 4, since you're obviously taking the p!$$ here.

Thank You.
[b]
Wait! U think I'm have it on a flash drive! Its on my laptop, on my microsft word, and my laptop is in Lagos, and I'm outside Lagos.
Chai! Efe! If I cannot or have not written this thing then I would not say so. Its not as if anybody's gonna hack my head for not doing so.
I sacrificed my time as you all do or will do....willingly, without force or coercion. And I am upright enough to give u my truth, the truth, and I am sincere enough to know you deserve to be vexed and doubt my words, but I can only say I'm sorry .
I admit I'm displaying some form of unprofessionalism as I've rightly told Larry, but my life has priorities. And I'm sorry if they happen to clash on ur turf, this story, this collabo of writers, it is a chance for me to learn more. And contrary to what you think, I take it seriously, and I have the update. Yes! I have.
I can so easily PM Larry for more time.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience posed, I'm really sorry.
And ermmm..... I'm not dangling anybody from anything. I'm just saying the truth.
Please dont be vexed.
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 10:23am On Feb 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Thank You.
[b]
Wait! U think I'm have it on a flash drive! Its on my laptop, on my microsft word, and my laptop is in Lagos, and I'm outside Lagos.
Chai! Efe! If I cannot or have not written this thing then I would not say so. Its not as if anybody's gonna hack my head for not doing so.
I sacrificed my time as you all do or will do....willingly, without force or coercion. And I am upright enough to give u my truth, the truth, and I am sincere enough to know you deserve to be vexed and doubt my words, but I can only say I'm sorry .
I admit I'm displaying some form of unprofessionalism as I've rightly told Larry, but my life has priorities. And I'm sorry if they happen to clash on ur turf, this story, this collabo of writers, it is a chance for me to learn more. And contrary to what you think, I take it seriously, and I have the update. Yes! I have.
I can so easily PM Larry for more time.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience posed, I'm really sorry.
And ermmm..... I'm not dangling anybody from anything. I'm just saying the truth.
Please dont be vexed.
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 10:41am On Feb 17, 2013
^^ And you think I haven't got priorities in my life too?

You think I do nothing but sit idle, twiddling my thumbs, yes? angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 11:05am On Feb 17, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ And you think I haven't got priorities in my life too?

You think I do nothing but sit idle, twiddling my thumbs, yes? angry angry angry

Chai! I also said "we all had sacrificed our time willingly", our time is also our priority na
Oya
*prostrates for Efe*
I'm really sorry if I cause you any trouble with my delay, I really am sorry. Please dont be vexed.
Oya smile for the only Mosquito in ur cupboard.
Abeg no vex
*kisses her toes*
Muah muah muah
Abeg! Forgive my delay! Abeg! Abeg!!
Infact ehn! PM me ur phone number lemme send u two thousand Naira credit, after u send me ur bikini pics of course.
Abeg! Efe no vex!
*waves spread fingers at her meekly*
Abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2013
^^ grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2013
LOL! I bet there's no man here who can win a woman's heart like Redmoss. grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 11:25am On Feb 17, 2013
Oahray: ^^ grin grin grin

better commot for road before I jam u.
We resemble cinema actors for here abi!
gringringrin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 11:29am On Feb 17, 2013
Larry-Sun:
LOL! I bet there's no man here who can win a woman's heart like Redmoss. grin

Make una commot for road jorh!
No make this babe change am for me, I am too young to be singing Halleluyah in heaven.
Efe! Please from the depth of my insectine heart I beg and apologise. I'm really sorry for my delay.
Infact bring those toes again, lemme kiss them one more time.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2013
She may just kick you with those toes.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 11:33am On Feb 17, 2013
Redmosquito:

Chai! I also said "we all had sacrificed our time willingly", our time is also our priority na
Oya
*prostrates for Efe*
I'm really sorry if I cause you any trouble with my delay, I really am sorry. Please dont be vexed.
Oya smile for the only Mosquito in ur cupboard.
Abeg no vex
*kisses her toes*
Muah muah muah
Abeg! Forgive my delay! Abeg! Abeg!!
Infact ehn! PM me ur phone number lemme send u two thousand Naira credit, after u send me ur bikini pics of course.
Abeg! Efe no vex!
*waves spread fingers at her meekly*
Abeg!

shocked shocked shocked

Alright!! grin grin

Bikonu, stop doing all of that abeg. I'm still a little bit peeved, but okay...I hear you lot.

Just try and keep to your amended / promised time now.

Happy Sunday all. Show's over, now go back to church pls. smiley

Larry-Sun:
She may just kick you with those toes.

Nah, he's won me over...

It's okay. I'll wait till he's ready. smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 11:41am On Feb 17, 2013
Redmosquito:

better commot for road before I jam u.
We resemble cinema actors for here abi!
gringringrin
Lol... Actually I'm impressed. You are quite good at the apology thing. I don already forgive you sef, before I remember say no be me dey vex grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 11:41am On Feb 17, 2013

Praises be to Sango!
She don gree for me!
I don marry wife ooo!
Thank you very much Efe!
Thank you!
Thank you!
*winks at Larry and Oahray*
Make una no worry, I go name the twins after una, u sabi as e dey go na

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (76) (Reply)

The Bond That Can Never Be Broken / Lost Of Virginity; An Early Mistake / Restless...story Of A Survivor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.