Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,239 members, 7,887,681 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:16 PM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55486 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 11:45am On Feb 17, 2013
Oahray: Lol... Actually I'm impressed. You are quite good with the apology thing. I don already forgive you sef, before I remember say no be me dey vex grin

buhahahahahahahaha
LMA0
No go church y'hear, dey there dey carry apology wey no belong to you
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 17, 2013
Can I make a suggestion? Yes!
Well, since it seems that Emefena's time has been shortened, is it possible to give her one extra day? I know it might encroach on the subsequent writers' time but it could be amended all round. Or are the set times cast in stone?

For this reason, I'll also advise that if any writer has his/her story ready before the deadline can just post it to avoid this kind of situation occuring again.

Redmoss, your excuse ehn...grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 11:52am On Feb 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:
Happy Sunday all. Show's over, now go back to church pls. smiley
Y'all hear that? grin
Redmoss, go back to shrine tongue
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 11:55am On Feb 17, 2013
brokoto: Can I make a suggestion? Yes!
Well, since it seems that Emefena's time has been shortened, is it possible to give her one extra day? I know it might encroach on the subsequent writers' time but it could be amended all round. Or are the set times cast in stone?

For this reason, I'll also advise that if any writer has his/her story ready before the deadline can just post it to avoid this kind of situation occuring again.

Nice words there Brokoto, thanks...

But there's really no need for that. Let's not cause any more disruptions than need be. If I'm stuck or unable to meet my deadline, I'll give Larry a shout.

Hopefully though, it won't come to that.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 11:55am On Feb 17, 2013
brokoto:

I done explain to Larry na!
True true! I didnt forsee it!
I was planning to just post my story and leave the next writer in dilemma! Yes! That was my plan! gringrin
But now I'm the one in dilemma, school is a beach ooo. Make sure not to send ur children to that place oo! gringringrin
Efe thank you for understanding! Thank you very much!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 11:56am On Feb 17, 2013
brokoto: Can I make a suggestion? Yes!

You're right, sir. Let's wait and see Redmoss's update first. If we have to add one more day I'll change the time-table. Thanks for the suggestion.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 11:56am On Feb 17, 2013
Redmosquito:

I done explain to Larry na!
True true! I didnt forsee it!
I was planning to just post my story and leave the next writer in dilemma! Yes! That was my plan! gringrin
But now I'm the one in dilemma, school is a beach ooo. Make sure not to send ur children to that place oo! gringringrin
Efe thank you for understanding! Thank you very much!

No worries. smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
Larry-Sun:

You're right, sir. Let's wait and see Redmoss's update first. If we have to add one more day I'll change the time-table. Thanks for the suggestion.
oh sheet! Sorry for misspelling her name.

Redmoss nothing do you sha. grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Diamondeva: 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
[b][/b]aunty Efe, ur over seriousness na die. Kai.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
*#MAESTRO CARRY WATER-HOSE AND 2 BY 2 PLANK, HOSE WEY FIRE-FIGHTER DEY USE..IF RED NO UPDATE AT PROMISED TIME,COME SEND SANGO TO SCARE US,LAI LAI NA DIS WATER I GO USE OFF SANGO FIRE..I GO COME USE D 2 BY 2 PLANK ON RED AND EVEN SANGO TOO#*

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Bluemosquito(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
Xsolutions: Now we see the arrival of a BLUE MOSQUITO,wonderful stuff...WELCOME.
your highly welcomed.
#blueMosquito

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hmmm...THE ART OF BEGGING FOR FORGIVENESS FROM A SOURLY VEXED WOMAN...
*Brings out note pad to take notes*
1-Ensure you * lie prostrate* while saying how sorry you are using sweet sounding words AS appropriate.
2-Kiss her toes...
3-Ensure you ask for *HER BIKINI PICS*.(THIS IS IMPORTANT)
And finally wed her...SHIKENA[color=#000099][/color] grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2013
Red Moss,dis one difficult 2 comprehend
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
Who's d next writer? Omo,Red Moss don chanqe am 2 a very interestinq,but difficult 4 d next writer...I WAS FOLLOWING DIS STORY AND GUESSING(RIGHT),BUT DIS ONE,I GUESSED WRONG.. But i'm sure the next writer will do it gud if not beta..(ALL WRITERZ IN DIS STORY ARE IN FOR A CHALLENGE FROM D BEGINNING,AND DEY ARE TO COME OVER THEIR CHALLENGES...I'M SURE DEY WILL..).. So from me 2 y'all ALL D BEST.. Red Moss,9ce 1
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
Rap maestro: Red Moss,dis one difficult 2 comprehend
How na? Oya lemme modify it! grin grin grin
And make sure u read from beginning ooo! I took most of the clicks from Larry and less from Frank!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
Redmosquito:
How na? Oya lemme modify it! grin grin grin
And make sure u read from beginning ooo! I took most of the clicks from Larry and less from Frank!
no nid aqain,i don read and diqest am... Enjoyed d twist..
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 8:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Rap maestro: no nid aqain,i don read and diqest am... Enjoyed d twist..
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
I do not like the direction this story is taking. I do not like it at all.

Redmoss, bro, I love you, but I am going to be candid with you here; you just fuccked up my mojo.

sad sad
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ishilove: I do not like the direction this story is taking. I do not like it at all.

Redmoss, bro, I love you, but I am going to be candid with you here; you just fuccked up my mojo.

sad sad
knew it
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 17, 2013
Fantastic and evenful stuff Red Moss
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 8:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ishilove: I do not like the direction this story is taking. I do not like it at all.

sad sad

how na?
Baby geh please explain better na!

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
Redmosquito:

how na?
Baby geh please explain better na!

Don't mind me dear, I keep forgetting that most of us here, myself included, are beginners, so don't let me judge too harshly. The truth is I was expecting a lot more from you, and I was quite disappointed by what I got. The whole work seemed...rushed...

Let's start with your tenses. Please go back and work on them. Remember what I mentioned on your 'New Year Gift' thread? Consistency.

Tautology- 11 biatches, 10 concubines, 100 ashies or something like that. Biatches, ashies...c'mon mehn!! Concubines are kept women. So are girlfriends. The whole thing seemed so puerile. . .

The building that burnt down was the house where Koko lived, not a hotel. Please make the necessary adjustments.

You mean to tell us Ode is being FRAMED?? isn't that a bit too early?

In all, the whole work seems rushed and below what I know Redmoss is capable of. Sorry for sounding the way I am, but I am a difficult person to impress.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:25pm On Feb 17, 2013
Redmoss totally redirected the flow.

As intriguing the chapter is, there is an irregularity in the narrative techniques. The first two chapters were written in the past tense narration while Moss used the present. It's either Red is unfamiliar with the past tense narrative technique or he imposed his own style.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2013
So what's d next thnq on d aqenda
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Redmoss totally redirected the flow.

As intriguing the chapter is, there is an irregularity in the narrative techniques. The first two chapters were written in the past tense narration while Moss used the present. It's either Red is unfamiliar with the past tense narrative technique or he imposed his own style.
tthat got me thinking...I got a little bit confused when I read the first line and it was in present tense.....

RedMoss Iam not so impressed with your work, its my first time to say this to you but that Ayodele guy sounds just like my stewpid Ishmael. Sorry!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
Rap maestro: So what's d next thng on d agenda
angry angry angry
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
HBG why quote me nah? What's d next on d aqenda jawe?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 9:59pm On Feb 17, 2013

I will ermm..... Modify!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
Is it me or was that work rushed?

I've read it twice now and it sounded like the arthur just wanted to get back to his anatomy and physiology text books.

I don't envy aunty efe's position now, not one bit. Infact, I'm happy she's between me and the work I just read now. Let me cross my fingers and hope she gives more breath to this work; else I'm going to wake chief koko up from a nightmare, and we start over again.

I luv you moss.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
Rap maestro: HBG why quote me nah? What's d next on d aqenda jawe?
its G not Q
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 10:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ishilove:

The building that burnt down was the house where Koko lived, not a hotel. Please make the necessary adjustments.
#.
es na! It is the house I mentioned, not the hotel!
I ma reading it again, the tautology stuff was just a way of breaking some fun, some people actually see that and laugh grin grin grin grin, like I'm doing right now grin grin grin grin
Lemme read more and come back
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: its G not Q
Q whaat? No be by Grace aqain? Hey! I don die o,SMH,wether na Q 4 question or que sera

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (76) (Reply)

The Bond That Can Never Be Broken / Lost Of Virginity; An Early Mistake / Restless...story Of A Survivor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.